Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 241. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 220
Merit: 100
The more I think about it, the more that warning is a drastic overreaction to a minor issue.

The whole thing has been handled very poorly by Burnside.  I've lost some faith in the exchange because of this whole incident. Making up rules as you go along is not the way to earn my trust.

You only say that because it effects your share price. Labcoin has been acting shady as hell. I say that as a shareholder being unbiased...this warning will make Labcoin re-think pulling the same crap in the future, and know there are consequences.

No, I say that because Burnside has handled it very poorly, acting essentially on whims.

Putting up a warning like that is VERY serious, as was evidenced by the reaction to it.  What was the process for it?  

Where is this process documented? Where was it discussed?

Labcoin should be responsive, sure. That in no way absolves Burnside of his far too casual handling of the whole matter.

Today it's Labcoin, but it could be any offering on the site. We don't know when Burnside is going to decide to interpret things however he wants and take essentially random actions.

Burnside gave them multiple opportunities to make good on their promise and they never did. What the hell else was he suppose to do? Keep begging them for weeks/months/years on end and never get a response. All they have to do is provide him with the proof and it's over. But they can't do that!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Well looks like the lab has turned it around, so let's say labcoin reaches their december goal of 500th/s.  Has anyone used some math and took a guess as the share price and dividend yet? If they get anywhere close to 500th/s it could be epic, no?

This can anyone run some numbers?  Im going to take a guess of 5BTC+/share without hardware sales profits.

5btc doesn't make sense.  There are 10,000,000 shares so that would mean a market cap of 6 BILLION DOLLARS. 

Sign me up!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Well looks like the lab has turned it around, so let's say labcoin reaches their december goal of 500th/s.  Has anyone used some math and took a guess as the share price and dividend yet? If they get anywhere close to 500th/s it could be epic, no?

This can anyone run some numbers?  Im going to take a guess of 5BTC+/share without hardware sales profits.

Only 2.5 times the total amount of BTC that will ever exist!
Activity: 392

5btc doesn't make sense.  There are 10,000,000 shares so that would mean a market cap of 6 BILLION DOLLARS. 
Activity: 560

Activity: 476
Well looks like the lab has turned it around, so let's say labcoin reaches their december goal of 500th/s.  Has anyone used some math and took a guess as the share price and dividend yet? If they get anywhere close to 500th/s it could be epic, no?

Well, if we go by their track record, they will have 200 TH/s online in Feb.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Activity: 238
Code:
23 labcoin 774.59 GH/s
24 yaoyao 718.28 GH/s
25 Team USA 684.49 GH/s

Look at it this way: They have more hashrate than the USA

I'm in the US and have over 1Th/s on btcg right now. Most aren't part of a team and have no need to draw attention to themselves. Labcoin just said they'd increase hashes daily, so if they want to begin to regain credibility then I'd like to see their hashrate go up now.

I don't think that was to be taken seriously.. he was obviously joking

Plus, it's hard to miss "Team America" #4 at 4.9Th/s. Tongue

Actually if everyone in "Team USA" joined "Team America" they'd beat the #3 team, the creatively named "ASIC Miners"  Roll Eyes
Code:
23 labcoin 774.59 GH/s
24 yaoyao 718.28 GH/s
25 Team USA 684.49 GH/s

I'm in the US and have over 1Th/s on btcg right now. Most aren't part of a team and have no need to draw attention to themselves. Labcoin just said they'd increase hashes daily, so if they want to begin to regain credibility then I'd like to see their hashrate go up now.

Some people are just too serious Cheesy

I know...lying and stealing are "shenanigans" and/or "tomfoolery" amirite? None of these intentional deceptions have been the least bit amusing.

I was referring to the post "Look at it this way: They have more hashrate than the USA".  He was joking, not lying or stealing..
Activity: 238
The more I think about it, the more that warning is a drastic overreaction to a minor issue.

The whole thing has been handled very poorly by Burnside.  I've lost some faith in the exchange because of this whole incident. Making up rules as you go along is not the way to earn my trust.

I lost money because of it - he first put it up with no explanation at all.  No what provisions they were violating nor what how it had been "flagged" (or by who, or how the 'flagging' process even worked.)

So, I sold. partly because I thought it might drive the price down further, and partly because I actually had no idea what was going on.  There'd been so much drama with Labcoin, for all we knew it was put there because it was feared they'd run off with the IPO money or something.

Later he posted an update a comment which explained what was going on (it had to do with share locking) and linked to it, and the price immediately recovered. Since the price had been going up due to the hashing I bought back in at a higher price then I sold, like a total idiot. Had I just waited a bit I could have actually profited. Oh well.
Activity: 434
Code:
23 labcoin 774.59 GH/s
24 yaoyao 718.28 GH/s
25 Team USA 684.49 GH/s

I know...lying and stealing are "shenanigans" and/or "tomfoolery" amirite? None of these intentional deceptions have been the least bit amusing.

You only say that because it effects your share price. Labcoin has been acting shady as hell. I say that as a shareholder being unbiased...this warning will make Labcoin re-think pulling the same crap in the future, and know there are consequences.

No, I say that because Burnside has handled it very poorly, acting essentially on whims.

Putting up a warning like that is VERY serious, as was evidenced by the reaction to it.  What was the process for it?  

Where is this process documented? Where was it discussed?

Labcoin should be responsive, sure. That in no way absolves Burnside of his far too casual handling of the whole matter.

Today it's Labcoin, but it could be any offering on the site. We don't know when Burnside is going to decide to interpret things however he wants and take essentially random actions.

Activity: 264
Code:
23 labcoin 774.59 GH/s
24 yaoyao 718.28 GH/s
25 Team USA 684.49 GH/s

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

The whole thing has been handled very poorly by Burnside.  I've lost some faith in the exchange because of this whole incident. Making up rules as you go along is not the way to earn my trust.

I agree. LC have reacted terribly in the way they've handled the situation with the chips and communication in general. I've been looking into other assets in case I decide to sell out. That'll depend on how the hash rate changes over the next week or two. I'll leave a small amount amount to trade with though.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

The whole thing has been handled very poorly by Burnside.  I've lost some faith in the exchange because of this whole incident. Making up rules as you go along is not the way to earn my trust.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Everyone is so serious and tense in this thread...
Code:
23 labcoin 774.59 GH/s
24 yaoyao 718.28 GH/s
25 Team USA 684.49 GH/s

Code:
23 labcoin 774.59 GH/s
24 yaoyao 718.28 GH/s
25 Team USA 684.49 GH/s

its 3:30 AM and a storm is coming

So lets give them a break...

The worst of the storm should be mostly passed by now.  But yeah, 3:30 am.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Code:
23 labcoin 774.59 GH/s
24 yaoyao 718.28 GH/s
25 Team USA 684.49 GH/s

its 3:30 AM and a storm is coming

So lets give them a break...

Jump to: