Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 236. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
It looks like some of the securities order books were refreshed for some reason.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Burnsides exchange is a joke, just lost 10 btc due to a glitch, sale went through with an additional 0, great stuff. Not only closing but f*cking us as well

You obviously got trigger-happy filling an order after the announcement and failed to notice the extra 0 someone snuck into the bid price.  Everyone else seems to be trading fine. 
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Burnsides exchange is a joke, just lost 10 btc due to a glitch, sale went through with an additional 0, great stuff. Not only closing but f*cking us as well
so it was u who sold 03:18 (S) 4606 @ 0.00025000 LABCOIN
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
If you really think the price will tank, there are some reasonable put options available.  Including one with a premium of 0.00015750 and a strike price of 0.00150000.  That means if the price drops below 0.0013425 in the next 4 days, you would make a profit.  And if the price drops below 0.001185 you would actually have a 100% ROI.

There are only 0.2btc worth available though, so you can't do a very big order.

On the other hand if you actually have less then 1500 shares you can use this to hedge your bet.  If the price does drop you get a guaranteed sale price.

If there were any reasonably priced call options you could use them to hedge a long position - Instead of buying shares you could buy options, and if the price doesn't go up to where you want you just don't execute them.  You would only ever lose the price of your options, whereas if you went 'normal' long you could potentially lose everything.

The problem is they're way over priced.

Seriously guy like a solid percentage of your last few posts have just been you advertising your put options.

I don't think they're his.

But he does bring up a good point.  This is a stock with enough uncertainty in its price to make the options worth considering as a hedge.

Actually they are mine, heh.  Sorry It is only about .2 btc, but I already have a few other options of mine purchased, and I do not wanna have my entire portfolio be option related.  Cheesy
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
If you really think the price will tank, there are some reasonable put options available.  Including one with a premium of 0.00015750 and a strike price of 0.00150000.  That means if the price drops below 0.0013425 in the next 4 days, you would make a profit.  And if the price drops below 0.001185 you would actually have a 100% ROI.

On the other hand if you actually have less then 1500 shares you can use this to hedge your bet.  If the price does drop you get a guaranteed sale price.

If there were any reasonably priced call options you could use them to hedge a long position - Instead of buying shares you could buy options, and if the price doesn't go up to where you want you just don't execute them.  You would only ever lose the price of your options, whereas if you went 'normal' long you could potentially lose everything.

Seriously guy like a solid percentage of your last few posts have just been you advertising your put options.

I don't think they're his.

But he does bring up a good point.  This is a stock with enough uncertainty in its price to make the options worth considering as a hedge.
Activity: 238

Activity: 392
Is it possible we can harness the power of any future typhoons to bring online more hash power?  We might have better luck with that.. ?  Grin

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

They might fall off the chart if they don't add hashrate today (Monday in China).

They are having a massive typhoon storm, don't be too surprised.
The typhoon is off now, everyone is back to work.
p.s. I'm from Hong Kong
so ppl actually took a day off around HK and shenzheng?

Cant speak for hong kong but I've been in a bunch of hurricanes and the mania that happens before one hits (even if it ends up missing you) is pretty epic.
Activity: 252

They might fall off the chart if they don't add hashrate today (Monday in China).

p.s. I'm from Hong Kong

They had a 2 day national holiday before the typhoon,  but it seems like Labcoin was working throughout to bring on the current hash rate.

p.s. I'm from Hong Kong

p.s. I'm from Hong Kong
Activity: 837
sunshine and the share price declines? whatthe!!!  Cheesy

Prepare for 24/09 first dividends Smiley
Activity: 308
sunshine and the share price declines? whatthe!!!  Cheesy
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Not anymore apparently.

[05:03] szmarco how did the city do with the typhoon?
[05:03] nothing.just rain and wind.everything is fine.
[05:03] is it all pretty much over?
[05:04] yes.
[05:04] thanks. you're our man on the scene!
[05:04] Smiley
[05:05] sunshine now.
Activity: 560

Activity: 420

legendary
Activity: 882
From what they promised, bringing up 20TH in two weeks. We can know that the good thing is that most likely, they've got enough chips and boards ready or available soon. They have secured a place to put their racks. They may have found a way to fix or workaround the stability issue, at least they believe so.

However, there are a lot uncertainties too. Their poor record of keeping promises makes us hard to believe them will achieve their goals in time anymore. No hashing rate increase yesterday also weakens the confidence (it was a working day after the holiday). Certainly, it may due to the typhoon, which also affects their plan of today. But after Monday, they really need a hash rate boost to keep their promise 'hashing ability is added daily'.
Jump to: