Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 522. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 766
Merit: 250
All he said [Edit: in response to not posting pics etc. yet] was "We're sorry for delaying but we're struggling with deployment operations and time is money, we have to set priorities according to our goals." Given the language barrier, "struggling with" probably just means working hard on the deployment of future mining stuff. He didn't say anything implying they weren't really mining the already announced hashrate.

Admitedly, I haven't been following this thread all that much since, well, there's no real content.. (and there's so much going on that I can't keep up since I still work...)

But it seems that I have missed the above.. I did search a bit and found nothing.. Did he post on this board or somewhere else?

Thanks!
Activity: 378
The most concerning part is the flip from *we are mining* to we having issues in deployment... so it worked then it broke? Or were you just faking to everyone?

Anyway, l will be keeping track and hope something real positive is posted soon.
All he said was "We're sorry for delaying but we're struggling with deployment operations and time is money, we have to set priorities according to our goals." Given the language barrier, "struggling with" probably just means working hard on the deployment of future mining stuff. He didn't say anything implying they weren't really mining the already announced hashrate.
Thing is, even if they were having some issues getting their chips running at full-go that would not explain why they can't post some images of the half-functional or even totally defunct boards. Whether they work or not is irrelevant, it seems as though they don't even have their boards assembled.

If I want to sell my 20 year old non-functional car, the fact that it doesn't run doesn't prevent me from posting pictures of it. I can't post a video of it running but I can show some images of it sitting in my garage.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
The most concerning part is the flip from *we are mining* to we having issues in deployment... so it worked then it broke? Or were you just faking to everyone?

Anyway, l will be keeping track and hope something real positive is posted soon.
All he said [Edit: in response to not posting pics etc. yet] was "We're sorry for delaying but we're struggling with deployment operations and time is money, we have to set priorities according to our goals." Given the language barrier, "struggling with" probably just means working hard on the deployment of future mining stuff. He didn't say anything implying they weren't really mining the already announced hashrate.
Activity: 369
I really hope they pull back some reputation. They don't have long before a lot of permanent damage is done.

Ive been in this for quite some time. When *something* is going on and they are holding back information which is clear it makes me nervous. I cant bring myself to leave money in a company where you cant trust what exactly is going on.

I don't think they are a scam but they are not being completely honest for whatever reason. I hope it isn't too serious but this concerns me all the more as if it was not serious they would be more open about it one would think.

Anyway, l will be keeping track and hope something real and positive is posted soon.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
TMAN you realize what we are all doing here is illegal right. Unlicensed securities and all...

um no? buying virtual shares of a company based in HongKong, I would imagine is completely legal in the United States.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
Activity: 602
myBitcoin.Garden
legendary
Cool want to have a virtual bro hug?...
myBitcoin.Garden
TMAN apologised personally to Ken and retracted his statement accusing Ken of insider trading using company funds over on the ActM thread.

I have a new found respect for you TMAN.  Thanks.  Smiley

No problem I hope you can see that based n initial information it could of been taken as I saw it.

Yes, I can see it being open for interpretation and can understand why you were quick to judge.
legendary
TMAN apologised personally to Ken and retracted his statement accusing Ken of insider trading using company funds over on the ActM thread.

No problem I hope you can see that based n initial information it could of been taken as I saw it.
myBitcoin.Garden

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Not enough weak hands to get my bid filled
Are you the same 'dopamine' as in the Mind & Muscle forum?
legendary
If the CEO is buying shares by insider trading isn't that great news?  Huh

The way it works in the real world is that all insider trades are done publicly.  I think they're also supposed to be announced in advance in order to make sure that they're not using insider information about upcoming announcements  (i.e. Tim Cook isn't allowed to schedule his share purchases right before they announced the iPhone 6)

Unfortunately, the SEC is actually pretty lazy about enforcing rules.  Normally, people just get away with a fine or some bullshit. But the threat is enough to prevent people from just randomly spouting bullshit.

Just to clarify, they have to be reported to the SEC within 2 days of the trade, not prior to the trade. In Bitcoinland, they have to be reported to TMAN. (Sorry TMAN, couldn't resist.) Cheesy

God I sounded like a proper Internet warrior, I was wrong in the most part ill admit that. But... Did he trade on 2 accounts?..
Activity: 476
Except the last "updates" didn't do anything except tank the price.  Simply saying everything is OK when they could easily prove what they're doing by giving the block reward address isn't going to help the price anymore, it's just going to hurt it.

I would imagine Labcoin and TheSweed are getting tons of angry PM's from people, and if they're legit it's probably driving them nuts and making them resentful of the doubters. Especially since the initial fud was COMPLETELY ridiculous nonsense about pixels on documents and all other sort of ridiculous b.s.

But, that's no excuse.  If they're having technical difficulties they need to be completely straightforward about it. Simply claiming that everything is fine, that they are hashing, but refusing to do so in a verifiable way just isn't cool.  Even if people think that they are hashing they might worry that the rewards are being embezzled.

If Labcoin loses more trust, they are going to permanently damage their share price as people won't invest even when they are hashing and have shown proof, worrying that they might be lying about other things.
+1 exactly

I have been saying this for days, now.  No news is better than news without evidence.  Labcoin is it's worst enemy, at this point, and the credibility continues to erode.

btw, I have never owned ActM shares (or anything else related to that company).  I did own more than 50K Labcoin shares, but jumped ship when shit started getting hard to believe (right around ~.0038) around here.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
In Bitcoinland, they have to be reported to TMAN. (Sorry TMAN, couldn't resist.) Cheesy

Thank Phoenix, the first good laugh I have had all evening! Smiley
Activity: 420
If the CEO is buying shares by insider trading isn't that great news?  Huh

The way it works in the real world is that all insider trades are done publicly.  I think they're also supposed to be announced in advance in order to make sure that they're not using insider information about upcoming announcements  (i.e. Tim Cook isn't allowed to schedule his share purchases right before they announced the iPhone 6)

Unfortunately, the SEC is actually pretty lazy about enforcing rules.  Normally, people just get away with a fine or some bullshit. But the threat is enough to prevent people from just randomly spouting bullshit.

Just to clarify, they have to be reported to the SEC within 2 days of the trade, not prior to the trade. In Bitcoinland, they have to be reported to TMAN. (Sorry TMAN, couldn't resist.) Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

Nothing, if it was a scam they would of run. Or used the news to trade the shares. They haven't done either, 100% mistakes have been made, I just hope they come out with a full and in depth update.

So if it's not a scam it is their competence and integrity that is in question. Still a losing proposition for investors.
legendary

We aren't regulated here, so people have to ask the questions. I personally feel that there are some teething issues happening, it's likely no big deal but labcoin should make us aware

Teething issues? It doesn't bother you that he is outright lying about working hardware? He dodged every question of providing evidence of hashing. Now it's mid October before he will provide any?
So what does he gain from carrying on this charade?

Nothing, if it was a scam they would of run. Or used the news to trade the shares. They haven't done either, 100% mistakes have been made, I just hope they come out with a full and in depth update.
Jump to: