Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 616. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
Sorry to be a little offtopic, but what's going on here? One month and a half since this thread started and it already has 300+ pages while ASICMiner one has only 650 pages.

summary:

ipo starts
ipo sold before unlock shares
everyone want shares, rage unleashed
#trolling #cheerleading
no good news, outdated chips, price goes down
#trolling #cheerleading
chips photos, everybody go mad, price goes up
#trolling #cheerleading
promises to start hashing on 10th september:
- OMG AMAZING DIVIDENDS, price goes up
- OMG, LACK OF INFO, POSSIBLE SCAM, price goes down
#trolling, #cheerleading

<--you are here

Not far from reality.. and that does not even make me sad  Grin
Activity: 736
Merit: 508
Sorry to be a little offtopic, but what's going on here? One month and a half since this thread started and it already has 300+ pages while ASICMiner one has only 650 pages.

summary:

ipo starts
ipo sold before unlock shares
everyone want shares, rage unleashed
#trolling #cheerleading
no good news, outdated chips, price goes down
#trolling #cheerleading
chips photos, everybody go mad, price goes up
#trolling #cheerleading
promises to start hashing on 10th september:
- OMG AMAZING DIVIDENDS, price goes up
- OMG, LACK OF INFO, POSSIBLE SCAM, price goes down
#trolling, #cheerleading

<--you are here

Why risk your coins investing with someone that doesn't talk straight?

That's why I'm not investing in APPL or any other usual assets. BTC world is small, managers and CEO are doing stuff with their hands and we do not see keynotes announced 1 years before any important milestone. A post in the forum is what we get. The difference ? How do you x2/x3/x10 (for bASIC-MINING in the good old days) your coins in the traditional market in a few weeks ? This is how it works here. No professional communication, a lot of uncertainty (just see how many trolls screaming "scam" since the beginning), but in exchange: huge rewards for the believers if it works as expected.

I don't see why people are complaining about all this, or I suppose they don't really know what they are doing.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Anyway, locking their shares was only one solution, not the only solution. They could easily simply make their portfolios public and then post a link. This is childs play on btct.co and doesn't require any input whatsoever from burnside who is a busy feller. None of this uncertainty is the least bit necessary as there are numerous ways to avoid it, but none of them are being acted upon.

See my post above, do you think that is a possibility?

Sure it's a possibility. While nothing would 100% prevent them from profiting by manipulating the news, accounting for 30% of all the outstanding shares would go a long way and also re-assure investors that management still had skin in the game. As it stands I have no idea if anyone in charge of LC holds even a single share. If they do not, then I don't want to hold any shares either.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
If tomorrow we get some news saying that hashing begun etcetc. everything works as intended, what do you think is the price ceiling of shares?  And the stable price after the spike?
Activity: 420

This is FUDster central.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Amazing Company
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
These sell-off buy in games are only profitable for small numbers of shares (there simply doesn't end up being enough liquidity to buy back in a large position at the lower price).  To truly work, the small holders have to FUD the large holders into making a stupid market sell.

It's funny when a large holder gets duped into selling... they always come back here and say something stupid like "We'll see .002 before we see .004" etc. etc.

Anyway...  Amazing Company.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Anyway, locking their shares was only one solution, not the only solution. They could easily simply make their portfolios public and then post a link. This is childs play on btct.co and doesn't require any input whatsoever from burnside who is a busy feller. None of this uncertainty is the least bit necessary as there are numerous ways to avoid it, but none of them are being acted upon.

See my post above, do you think that is a possibility?
Anybody notice that the labcoin account was online?
Have observed this behaviour a few times now. The fact that he is obviously monitoring what's happening here, but doesn't post news, really makes me uneasy.

Last times too: comes and goes on/off, but nothing. Just when the price has crashed due to panic, he decides to make his post.
I have to agree with the negative voices here: that stinks like manipulation.
This would be no issue if the damn shares were just locked  Undecided

Precisely. So easily avoided.

I agree with you on almost everything you said, but I don't think that locking shares would have avoided risk of manipulation. Labcoin could always buy shares and sell them just after releasing news. So why have the shares locked would remove risk of manipulation? If they are malicious, they can fraud us or use maniuplation with or without locked shares

Avoid? No. Massively reduce the potential appearance of? Absolutely.

It's a perception issue to my mind. Just as you do not self impose timelines you are even .0001% uncertain you cannot meet, you do not say you'll do things you don't intent to do when other people's money is hanging on your every word. Crypto securities are in large part built around a foundation of trust. If the asset issuer fails to honor their own words, then why should others honor their words? Why risk your coins investing with someone that doesn't talk straight?

The amount of shares they could trade given the volume is trivial compared to simply walking off with all the ipo money.

People worry about the silliest things.

Except doing it this way is really clever. They buy low sell high, they always know when because they can cause the chaos with 1 post.

If they have been doing this since day 1 then they would be several thousand percent up in invested coins.

Then in a month when the average trading price is low and the company has failed its mission, they do a monthly average share buyback and its over. They payout like 0.002 a share to everyone left and walk away.

Time to fill my bids (bis)
legendary
The amount of shares they could trade given the volume is trivial compared to simply walking off with all the ipo money.

Except doing it this way is really clever. They buy low sell high, they always know when because they can cause the chaos with 1 post.

If they have been doing this since day 1 then they would be several thousand percent up in invested coins.

Then in a month when the average trading price is low and the company has failed its mission, they do a monthly average share buyback and its over. They payout like 0.002 a share to everyone left and walk away.

Activity: 420
Have observed this behaviour a few times now. The fact that he is obviously monitoring what's happening here, but doesn't post news, really makes me uneasy.

Last times too: comes and goes on/off, but nothing. Just when the price has crashed due to panic, he decides to make his post.

I agree with you on almost everything you said, but I don't think that locking shares would have avoided risk of manipulation. Labcoin could always buy shares and sell them just after releasing news. So why have the shares locked would remove risk of manipulation? If they are malicious, they can fraud us or use maniuplation with or without locked shares

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

legendary
I am actually thinking we won't get any news until the share price drops.

But we want more than news now, we want proof.

.... Now for labcoin to post before the price drops just to make me look like a idiot.

Time to fill my bids
Activity: 392

My own preference would be to skip the .002 part and go str8 to the .008 part, but that's certain to require input from our friendly neighborhood ASIC overlords.
Jump to: