Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 826. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I agree with Vbs. Please give some details.
Let me also repeat my earlier question. Today is 5 August. Have production started?

Further elaborating, there's a TSMC Shuttle for 130nm on 5 August.

NRE costs for a full-mask at 130nm are affordable enough to be crowfunded, and the cost of full wafers are affordable as well. This is probably ASICMINER secret.

Chip output would be of about 1500 chips for each full wafer.

Estimate delivery of the already packaged chips would be around mid September.

ditto
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
I agree with Vbs. Please give some details.
Let me also repeat my earlier question. Today is 5 August. Have production started?

Further elaborating, there's a TSMC Shuttle for 130nm on 5 August.

NRE costs for a full-mask at 130nm are affordable enough to be crowfunded, and the cost of full wafers are affordable as well. This is probably ASICMINER secret.

Chip output would be of about 1500 chips for each full wafer.

Estimate delivery of the already packaged chips would be around mid September.

Vbs
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Any news on the hardware/logistics front? Smiley

1. Chip specifications

There are substantial differences in the way  the BFL chip is produced. They do employ a standard cell ASIC, while we went for a custom design with a focus on performances, achieved via a complex place & route procedure, which took our team almost one full-immersion month of work to complete.
We do confirm that we're expecting to obtain the initially declared performances with the 130nm round, but we will wait for the ICs to be ready, to better assess the yield quality in terms of chip grades.

2. 130 nm vs. newer technology

While 28nm technology is indeed superior, if fully taken advantage of, the NRE costs are enormously different, and so are the skills needed to design a working chip. We don't have the required resources, and we do not think the results obtainable are worth the costs right now, this is a strategy we will explore in the future.
We are happy with the obtained high performances and low consumptions with 130nm and we will show another breaktru' when the 65nm design is ready.

3. ETA

130nm IC is estimated to be delivered in early September and to be mining 7-10 days later.
65nm IC is still under development and no ETA is available yet.

4. General timeline

The following days we will focus on Q/A session and on the normal activities pertaining to our project.
As per your request of more pictures, here are some images of our test environment, with the WR703N router working as real world interface for the simulated IC running on the fpga.

Please provide detailed chip specs. Remember you are stating that you are able to get chips working at 4.8GH/s on a 130nm node (that's the equivalent of ~17 Avalon chips, which are built on a smaller die size of 110nm), using minimal power. What is the process? Die size? Voltages? Frequency? Etc?

I'm sure you already have most of these specs set in stone since you are aiming for an early September delivery. Has the order been done with TSMC already?

Please also show a pic/video of the prototype FPGA hashing at 4.8GH/s. Smiley

Example of detailed chip specs:
Avalon chip
Technology Summary:
   TSMC 0.11- micron G process
       5 Metal
Core Voltage: 1.2 V
I/O Voltage: 3.3 V
Core Frequency: 256+ MHz
Number of Pads: 48
   8 Data
   40+1 Power
Package Type: QFN48 -0.5 Pitch
Packaged Chip Size: 7 mm x 7 mm

Chip Interface
Data Pins (8 in total):
Clock                     i
Serial Data In  [2]       i
Serial Data Out [2]       o
Serial Data Bypass [2]    o
Reserved    [1]    -

Chip power efficienty: 6.6W/GHs @ 1.15 V
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
.0014-.0016 is fair for what we are working with right now.

As better news spills out we will slowly creep higher.  Late August/Early September is when things will get interesting.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Discuss... how was I wrong?
Well, "slow drop to IPO" was wrong, because we didn't see the IPO price again. "Towards IPO" would have been correct.

"I'll be right on the 0.0015 being a correct value for now" is your opinion but, at the time of typing, it's an opinion with which the market disagrees (price is currently > .0015, closer to .0016).

So pretty much wrong. Grin

- Price has touched IPO even if it was briefly, and it definitely went towards IPO (Right on that regard)
- I am saying correct price right now is .0015, even if the market is currently .0016 that is great but that just makes it .0001 overpriced at the moment. (If you see big volume closer to .0020 you can call me wrong, otherwise I was Right)

I notice a lot of jelly for my toasty!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
Well, "slow drop to IPO" was wrong, because we didn't see the IPO price again. "Towards IPO" would have been correct.

"I'll be right on the 0.0015 being a correct value for now" is your opinion but, at the time of typing, it's an opinion with which the market disagrees (price is currently > .0015, closer to .0016).

So pretty much wrong. Grin
Seems like we have finally achieved true value.
IPO has been like 2 days ago, it seems a tad premature to talk about "finally" "reaching true value".

Time isn't very relevant when it comes to market sentiment on a security...
I was right on the slow drop to IPO, I'll be right on the 0.0015 being a correct value for now.

LOL.  No, you weren't.

Activity: 420
IPO has been like 2 days ago, it seems a tad premature to talk about "finally" "reaching true value".

I was right on the slow drop to IPO, I'll be right on the 0.0015 being a correct value for now.

LOL.  No, you weren't.

Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
Activity: 378
Well, there you go - hopefully prices of these stocks return to "normal" soon when everyone gets the news.
Activity: 709
Gridcoin Foundation
just to inform you guys..  It looks like there isn't any 200M  Deal...!

https://twitter.com/ScottWapnerCNBC/statuses/364370798892421120
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
So, labcoin, today is 5 August. The day of the TSMC Shuttle for 130nm. What's the news?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
Well, as you can see they were right to set their IPO price where they did. If the shares had sold at 0.002 and then dropped down to the current level, people would be outraged

As it is, people who got in at the IPO price are still in the money, so not particularly concerned.
Still, this happened because IPO shares were sold at an artificially lower discounted price, which was different from the price the market was willing to pay.

Yes the IPO was designed to go out with an undervalued price and this is a good thing. You were and continue to be on the wrong and short-sighted side of the argument - there's no other way to put it.
To be honest, they're both overvalued right now. BTC markets are very bullish. And these companies have nothing to show for themselves other than promises.

And I've believed in promises too many times.  Cry She never came back.

Totally right, Everyone seems to be on the Choo Choo IPO train that they forget they are actually buying nothing.
I wonder how many tears we'll see when the train crashes...

Disclaimer: I do sincerely hope Labcoin succeeds, My remark is just about the current pricing of shares.

Looks like a nice bounce-back at 0.001 to 0.0015. Seems like we have finally achieved true value.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
DMS.SELLING is nearing what I believe to be its true value
I agree, I'm quite surprised this is really happening, I assumed there would forever be idiots willing to waste their money in order not to think...

I don't agree. It's getting nearer to its true value, but as long as there are MINING bids > 0.007 there is plenty of room for gains in SELLING....

BTW: The money wasting in TAT.VM and BFMINES is far superior...  Grin

Sorry for OT
Bitgoblin
DMS.SELLING is nearing what I believe to be its true value
I agree, I'm quite surprised this is really happening, I assumed there would forever be idiots willing to waste their money in order not to think...
Bitgoblin
Well, as you can see they were right to set their IPO price where they did. If the shares had sold at 0.002 and then dropped down to the current level, people would be outraged

As it is, people who got in at the IPO price are still in the money, so not particularly concerned.
Still, this happened because IPO shares were sold at an artificially lower discounted price, which was different from the price the market was willing to pay.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
I must agree that 200 million when AM has values at that range and a market capital of 1 billion is a big bet on bitcoin before miners given the production time-frame I must admit bitcoin always keeps me interested. Truly it would be a giant bull sign.
http://blockchain.info/charts/market-cap

AM's market cap is ~$160 million USD.

But that doesn't mean AM has $160 million dollars it can just straight up spend on whatever it wants. That's a huge difference.

Agree, I meant that if the news source is correct and they are putting 200 million into this then they really are betting on bitcoin more than mining with that capital since they are banking on future growth.
Jump to: