Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 825. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Update:

We went ahead and posted this as soon as possible. We are looking into having the founders account somehow monitored or under Burnsides oversight.

Reg.

News

Regarding shares owned by the Labcoin founders and developers.

Due to inquiries LABCOIN has received from investors, the founders and developers involved in the LABCOIN project has decided to voluntarily lock in 75% of all shares owned by the LABCOIN core team for 12-months.

This means that no founder or developer owning shares in LABCOIN will sell an excess of 25% of their shares for at least 365 days from today's date.

This is being publicly announced to set to rest any concern that the LABCOIN team has any interest in liquidating their holdings in the project.

Q: Why not lock in 100%?
A: Simply because we feel that it is only fair to allow the members of the LABCOIN team that wishes to sell smaller portions of their ownership should they need some Bitcoin for any unforeseen expense during the first year of operations.

If the team forwards the 75% of "locked" shares to the issuing account, it will automatically subtract them from the Outstanding total. Simple solution!

^ This

We will definitely investigate this and I am sure that we will find a solution that is 100% transparent very soon. Labcoin just wanted to communicate their intentions ASAP.
Activity: 127
Coinnoisseur
Can you post the public links to the core team's BTCT portfolios to prove that they have held the shares and will continue to?

If burnside says it's locked then presumably it's actually locked. As in, unable to be sold using the system.

There's no such thing as a "lock" feature for shares, nor did Burnside say he has manually locked anything. Or did I miss something?

Burnside discussed the option of locking accounts here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2856604
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Update:

We went ahead and posted this as soon as possible. We are looking into having the founders account somehow monitored or under Burnsides oversight.

Reg.

News

Due to inquiries LABCOIN has received from investors, the founders and developers involved in the LABCOIN project has decided to voluntarily lock in 75% of all shares owned by the LABCOIN core team for 12-months.

This means that no founder or developer owning shares in LABCOIN will sell an excess of 25% of their shares for at least 365 days from today's date.

This is being publicly announced to set to rest any concern that the LABCOIN team has any interest in liquidating their holdings in the project.

A: Simply because we feel that it is only fair to allow the members of the LABCOIN team that wishes to sell smaller portions of their ownership should they need some Bitcoin for any unforeseen expense during the first year of operations.

If the team forwards the 75% of "locked" shares to the issuing account, it will automatically subtract them from the Outstanding total. Simple solution!

^ This
Update:

Sam has also informed me that accounts have Ben created for Founder/Developers to take a more active part in the conversation here on bitcointalk.org

The accounts are waiting to be white listed by the forum admins.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Update:

Reg.

News

Update:

Reg.

News

Activity: 964
Merit: 509
Can you post the public links to the core team's BTCT portfolios to prove that they have held the shares and will continue to?

If burnside says it's locked then presumably it's actually locked. As in, unable to be sold using the system.

There's no such thing as a "lock" feature for shares, nor did Burnside say he has manually locked anything. Or did I miss something?

Some pages before he told he could lock them on request.

Activity: 127
Coinnoisseur
Posted on BTCT:

Regarding shares owned by the Labcoin founders and developers. Posted: 9 minutes ago
News

Activity: 238

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

I'm all for this.

The information sure did come a lot faster before they got all the BTC's. I am not saying I agree with Mircea, but the burgeoning silence does resonate with his accusations. http://trilema.com/2013/the-anatomy-of-a-scam/. I genuinely hope for Labcoin investors' sake he isn't right. Now would be a good time to get cracking on communicating meaningful information (See Vbs request above) with shareholders.

And what's the proof? A perceived pattern in registration dates. That's it. Personally I'd take the judgement of TheSven before MBOE any day. He doesn't think it's a scam and I don't either.

Well, given the fact that guy lists me personally as a shill/fake account, it's kind of hard to take him seriously. Of course that wouldn't apply to all the people he didn't list. In any event, He seems like a total nutter to me.

I think people need to be a little more patient, I would hope these guys are spending their time working on getting designed and produced, as opposed to sitting on a forum.
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
The information sure did come a lot faster before they got all the BTC's. I am not saying I agree with Mircea, but the burgeoning silence does resonate with his accusations. http://trilema.com/2013/the-anatomy-of-a-scam/. I genuinely hope for Labcoin investors' sake he isn't right. Now would be a good time to get cracking on communicating meaningful information (See Vbs request above) with shareholders.

And what's the proof? A perceived pattern in registration dates. That's it. Personally I'd take the judgement of TheSven before MBOE any day. He doesn't think it's a scam and I don't either.

I genuinely hope your assertions are correct, and I agree that Mircea's argument is not conclusive.

There is a word for it: FUD
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)

A notification has been posted to LABCOIN. You have received this email
because you own shares of LABCOIN.

-----

News

-----

Thank you for using BTC-TC
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Fake news first THAILAND now this sigh I'm starting to not trust the news when it comes to bitcoin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Science!

I genuinely hope your assertions are correct, and I agree that Mircea's argument is not conclusive.
Activity: 337
Merit: 252

So the questions should be:

1) Are your first run ASICs in production?
2) How many wafers?
3) How many chips are you expecting to get out of the first run?  (at some point someone said about 1-1.5k, but it would take 10x to get to 30Thash)

Also, if you're confident in your chip design, are you sure it's a good idea to wait until your first run is finished before ordering a second run? If the difficulty keeps rising at the rate it is, getting 480Thash/s a month and a half earlier could have a huge impact on profitability.

Example of detailed chip specs:
Avalon chip
Technology Summary:
   TSMC 0.11- micron G process
       5 Metal
Core Voltage: 1.2 V
I/O Voltage: 3.3 V
Core Frequency: 256+ MHz
Number of Pads: 48
   8 Data
   40+1 Power
Package Type: QFN48 -0.5 Pitch
Packaged Chip Size: 7 mm x 7 mm

Chip Interface
Data Pins (8 in total):
Clock                     i
Serial Data In  [2]       i
Serial Data Out [2]       o
Serial Data Bypass [2]    o
Reserved    [1]    -

Chip power efficienty: 6.6W/GHs @ 1.15 V

They won't have exact specs until after the chip if finished and tested.  However, their website does list the old expected specs at 180nm:

Feature size : 180nm
Core voltage : 1.8V
I/O voltage : 3.3V
Core Frequency: 250 Mhz - vdd 1.8~1.85V
Number of Pads : 44
Package : LQFP or equivalent
Chip size : 5mm x 5mm
Power consumption (variable) : 1.4~1.8W
Hashing power (variable): 220~280 MH/second
I/O interface : USB / Serial
Estimated tape-out : Within the first half of July

And they have a pin-out for the chip as well, which will use serial IO:

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Science!
I agree with Vbs. Please give some details.
Let me also repeat my earlier question. Today is 5 August. Have production started?

Further elaborating, there's a TSMC Shuttle for 130nm on 5 August.

NRE costs for a full-mask at 130nm are affordable enough to be crowfunded, and the cost of full wafers are affordable as well. This is probably ASICMINER secret.

Chip output would be of about 1500 chips for each full wafer.

Estimate delivery of the already packaged chips would be around mid September.

ditto

Jump to: