Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 824. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
Am I getting ActM's FastHash and Hashfast confused?
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
Shares are down to .0014. Need some good news to give it a boost.

There is an another IPO which could potentially push it lower if there is a another panic sell off like last week:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitfunder-icedrillasic-ipo-235-thash-mining-operation-powered-by-hashfast-269216

30 million shares... not going to launch until November, 0.0014 BTC so over priced as well, and they don't even design their own chips. Why would anyone sell their shares for that?

They're based totally upon ActM delivering, which I consider to be iffy. Might as well invest in ActM instead.

They have nothing to do with them
No they are not based on ActM delivering.
legendary
Activity: 1386

There is an another IPO which could potentially push it lower if there is a another panic sell off like last week:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitfunder-icedrillasic-ipo-235-thash-mining-operation-powered-by-hashfast-269216

30 million shares... not going to launch until November, 0.0014 BTC so over priced as well, and they don't even design their own chips. Why would anyone sell their shares for that?

They're based totally upon ActM delivering, which I consider to be iffy. Might as well invest in ActM instead.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

That IPO has already released. Do you mean the panic sell just two days ago? there was no panic sell last week.
Well considering people are trying to get their money out of it (47k shares for sale on bitfunder below IPO price right now) and the numbers favor the one who released the IPO as opposed to investors - looks like the odds are in your guys' favour right now.
Activity: 252

Activity: 378
Activity: 66
Update:

Sam has also informed me that accounts have Ben created for Founder/Developers to take a more active part in the conversation here on bitcointalk.org

The accounts are waiting to be white listed by the forum admins.

Any updates? When will we be hearing from developers/founder?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
Of course there's the risk of giving away too much information and allowing competitors to plan accordingly...
Lol people will be never satisfied.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Of course there's the risk of giving away too much information and allowing competitors to plan accordingly...
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
I hate to come across as jaded but in my opinion Labcoin is actually doing quite a lot better then a lot of recent projects in being transparent and fair to its investors.

We hear a lot from you and this is really pleasant, but I'd love to hear from the guys behind Labcoin even more. Wink
Activity: 224
If the team forwards the 75% of "locked" shares to the issuing account, it will automatically subtract them from the Outstanding total. Simple solution!

In which case the the market cap will be wrong, which is the reason the shares were issued in the first place.

Indeed. They'd also be excluded from receiving dividend payments if they were returned to the issuing account.

A public account holding the shares would be a better solution.

The Labcoin team is doing everything they can to accommodate the investors requests. The first priotiry right now is first-run, and Q/A with developers/founders.

I hate to come across as jaded but in my opinion Labcoin is actually doing quite a lot better then a lot of recent projects in being transparent and fair to its investors. I have talked to Sam and we are working on providing transparency but the focus right now is on reaching market fast with a profitable volume of chips.

Over the next days and weeks there will be Q/A sessions, more founder share transparency and I will personally stay on top of the forum and answer questions to the best of my ability.

Thank you all for your interest and continued support!
Activity: 434
If the team forwards the 75% of "locked" shares to the issuing account, it will automatically subtract them from the Outstanding total. Simple solution!

In which case the the market cap will be wrong, which is the reason the shares were issued in the first place.

Indeed. They'd also be excluded from receiving dividend payments if they were returned to the issuing account.

A public account holding the shares would be a better solution.
Activity: 82
I agree with Vbs. Please give some details.
Let me also repeat my earlier question. Today is 5 August. Have production started?

Further elaborating, there's a TSMC Shuttle for 130nm on 5 August.

NRE costs for a full-mask at 130nm are affordable enough to be crowfunded, and the cost of full wafers are affordable as well. This is probably ASICMINER secret.

Chip output would be of about 1500 chips for each full wafer.

Estimate delivery of the already packaged chips would be around mid September.

ditto
Still no answer?
Activity: 238

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
The information sure did come a lot faster before they got all the BTC's. I am not saying I agree with Mircea, but the burgeoning silence does resonate with his accusations. http://trilema.com/2013/the-anatomy-of-a-scam/. I genuinely hope for Labcoin investors' sake he isn't right. Now would be a good time to get cracking on communicating meaningful information (See Vbs request above) with shareholders.

And what's the proof? A perceived pattern in registration dates. That's it. Personally I'd take the judgement of TheSven before MBOE any day. He doesn't think it's a scam and I don't either.

The operative definition of a scam, according to the MPOE crew, seems to be any Bitcoin enterprise that chooses to list at an exchange other than MPex. That is not to say that they don't, on occasion, raise points worthy of consideration, but it's important to be aware of the bias implicit in almost every accusation they make.

THIS
Activity: 420
The information sure did come a lot faster before they got all the BTC's. I am not saying I agree with Mircea, but the burgeoning silence does resonate with his accusations. http://trilema.com/2013/the-anatomy-of-a-scam/. I genuinely hope for Labcoin investors' sake he isn't right. Now would be a good time to get cracking on communicating meaningful information (See Vbs request above) with shareholders.

And what's the proof? A perceived pattern in registration dates. That's it. Personally I'd take the judgement of TheSven before MBOE any day. He doesn't think it's a scam and I don't either.

The operative definition of a scam, according to the MPOE crew, seems to be any Bitcoin enterprise that chooses to list at an exchange other than MPex. That is not to say that they don't, on occasion, raise points worthy of consideration, but it's important to be aware of the bias implicit in almost every accusation they make.
Jump to: