Pages:
Author

Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD - page 30. (Read 362424 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
October 31, 2017, 05:04:51 PM
Why price not $1 yet?

Its struggling at current price, how come you expect it to be $1
Activity: 220
Merit: 100
October 31, 2017, 03:16:55 PM
Looks like the price is starting to creep up, just wait till this fork shite is out of the way, then moon.
legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020
October 31, 2017, 02:57:39 PM
Why price not $1 yet?

because streaming video takes 20 seconds

Unfortunatelly there is still many difficulties for this project (and other of this kind)
-technical
- legal (how to filter illegal contest while stating decentralised)
But most  difficult will be to win with the big mainstream competitors - such as youtube..
there is one thing giving as hope to see a daylight - LBRY should  bring some  exclussive content to bring more users!

-technical - we are improving our network and protocol weekly - this will be super important for LBRY to be a successful project.
- legal - https://lbry.io/what#combatting-the-ugly - There needs to be a distinction made between the app and the protocol. the LBRY ToS are simple enough - they can't be held responsible for content uploaded on the network, similar to how anything else on the internet can be posted. LBRY Inc can remove certain results from the app or search results, but not from the blockchain itself. So if someone does upload content they are not allowed to, they will be responsible for breaking any state/local laws. 

- Competitors/youtube - LBRY has an outreach program to big youtubers and they have featured some with even 4M subscribers (MinutePhysics).  They recently released a comedy series (Cop Chronicles) which is a LBRY exclusive (lbry://@copchronicles). I could see more of this in the future.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
October 31, 2017, 09:23:59 AM
Why price not $1 yet?

Unfortunatelly there is still many difficulties for this project (and other of this kind)
-technical
But most  difficult will be to win with the big mainstream competitors - such as youtube..
there is one thing giving as hope to see a daylight - LBRY should  bring some  exclussive content to bring more users!

That is sad to know.  This looked like such a good idea.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
October 31, 2017, 09:14:10 AM
Why price not $1 yet?

-technical
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
October 28, 2017, 09:48:47 AM
Yes, this what you say is very true, and as development news release with LBRY project, price will go up as chart shows uptrend - nice support now.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
October 28, 2017, 08:56:32 AM
There is a new trend now in alternative coins markets that price increases before and after news. I don't know how long it will last but this is how now is happening in these markets. It is full of potential and had good value few weeks ago. Price are highly volatile in very short period but medium to long almost every under developed project with active team is looking good to me.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
October 28, 2017, 08:50:43 AM
why the price goes down Huh
why ? why ? hold or sell Huh
Activity: 462
Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here
October 28, 2017, 04:27:06 AM
Why price not $1 yet?

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
October 27, 2017, 02:35:48 PM
Why price not $1 yet?
legendary
October 27, 2017, 10:06:39 AM
Great job on the new release...everything working great.

which is ? the new release ...

You can download the latest version of LBRY here: https://lbry.io/get
Activity: 462
Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here
October 27, 2017, 10:01:52 AM

which is ? the new release ...
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
October 27, 2017, 09:03:56 AM
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
October 27, 2017, 08:19:22 AM
good coin
Activity: 1288
Merit: 102
October 26, 2017, 03:19:58 PM
Someone recommended to pick some coins at current price. I don't have big targets except getting x2 to x3 profit will be more than sufficient. This should be on the move over the next few weeks maximum seeing not big rise for long time. For the moment it is holding state.
Activity: 111
October 26, 2017, 03:12:30 PM
Also big HODL here and im very worry about this huge bear presence for last weeks
Activity: 120
October 26, 2017, 05:55:26 AM
New version of app is great and fully functional, search is fixed and working very well, great times for lbry incoming, so buy while you can, or cry later.  Wink Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
October 25, 2017, 12:18:29 AM
the biggest road block i see is the app. it just doesnt make sense to get people to use a app especially for a desktop
especially where many services are right off the website and a link is all that is needed 

is there any plan or roadmap to have a web based interface through a browser? that can easily change the fortunes for this project  

or atleast a plugin like metamask that can connect to a browser like chrome and can access LBRY protocol from it 

You should think of https://spee.ch as an initial example of what web apps can be built on top of LBRY. Having a desktop version is important because LBRY relies on nodes hosting and sharing the content. Once the network strengthens, I could see more focus on web based apps.

so anything i upload on speech gets stored on the lbry app directly? under which user does it get uploaded or does it show up in the search directly?
im yet to try it out, will be doing so and checking it on the app

Correct, but the right terminology would be that it gets stored on the LBRY Network.  If you upload without using a Channel (top right of spee.ch allows you to create channels/identities to group your content), it will be uploaded as anonymous. You'll be able to access the content via spee.ch or the LBRY app. Once you finish your upload (i.e. https://spee.ch/5e23c120b1b43325df207f243752366a751f14b9/fork2), you can then access it in LBRY app via: lbry://fork2#5e23c120b1b43325df207f243752366a751f14b9 - might need a couple minutes to confirm on the LBRY blockchain.  If you create a channel like https://spee.ch/@catGifs, you can access it at lbry://@catGifs on the LBRY app.

You can even share channels via spee.ch by sharing the channel name/password, which is a pretty neat feature.

Thanks for the update! Yes uploading directly through speech looks like a nifty feature Smiley

Its true the price has not performed well, but so have so many other alts. And in crypto especially when the price doesnt perform the attacks go towards the developers and all kind of names gets called, which is very unfair 
Some big platforms like Factom, Counterparty all have lost close to 80% in the last few months, same with LBRY imo 

Everyone forgets market cycles, when to buy, when to sell etc.
legendary
October 24, 2017, 07:39:34 PM
What is sad to see is that people when the price of the coin goes up they are super hyped and support it, once the price drops they start complaining... This is not the correct way to help the coin grow if you want to see profit you must wait! Rome wasn't built in a day, lbry needs it’s time to develop, so if you invested in this coin just be patient and help don't start the FUD as soon as youy have the possibility!
Rome also wasnt build with only few devs from whose one is doing on 2 more projects and another one is busy with exams nor they used freelancers to help them in building it Grin

Do I need to put the Troll tag on your in Discord? :p
legendary
October 24, 2017, 07:39:07 PM
the biggest road block i see is the app. it just doesnt make sense to get people to use a app especially for a desktop
especially where many services are right off the website and a link is all that is needed 

is there any plan or roadmap to have a web based interface through a browser? that can easily change the fortunes for this project  

or atleast a plugin like metamask that can connect to a browser like chrome and can access LBRY protocol from it 

You should think of https://spee.ch as an initial example of what web apps can be built on top of LBRY. Having a desktop version is important because LBRY relies on nodes hosting and sharing the content. Once the network strengthens, I could see more focus on web based apps.

so anything i upload on speech gets stored on the lbry app directly? under which user does it get uploaded or does it show up in the search directly?
im yet to try it out, will be doing so and checking it on the app

Correct, but the right terminology would be that it gets stored on the LBRY Network.  If you upload without using a Channel (top right of spee.ch allows you to create channels/identities to group your content), it will be uploaded as anonymous. You'll be able to access the content via spee.ch or the LBRY app. Once you finish your upload (i.e. https://spee.ch/5e23c120b1b43325df207f243752366a751f14b9/fork2), you can then access it in LBRY app via: lbry://fork2#5e23c120b1b43325df207f243752366a751f14b9 - might need a couple minutes to confirm on the LBRY blockchain.  If you create a channel like https://spee.ch/@catGifs, you can access it at lbry://@catGifs on the LBRY app.

You can even share channels via spee.ch by sharing the channel name/password, which is a pretty neat feature.
Pages:
Jump to: