Pages:
Author

Topic: Let the Machines do the Work (The end of Slavery) - page 5. (Read 18320 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
Let me clear a few things up for you. Robots are workers. The word even comes from the Czech word for worker. A bitcoin miner is a specialized type of desktop calculator. Not a worker. It generates two things: Bitcoins and heat. Robots make things.
Very good point. Let's say I take desktop printer (a fantastic example of a robot) and tell it to continuously print the blockchain.
Do you mean to imply that there is no work done until the ink hits the page? Let me remind you that all of this is binary code at its very heart- physical objects changing states, moving in sequence.

It does not just "generate" bitcoins from thin air, it earns them for doing digital labor.

If there weren't miners the work would be done by human coders, or some form of macros. Which all still do work.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
I agree. It shouldn't even be a debate. Labor should be automated and people should be left to do what they want. And for some people ranching and farming are goals, not tasks. So the world would still be ok.

There is no debate on whether or not this is a good thing.  The debate revolves around how we're going to do it.  Please don't tell me you've still yet to see Zeitgeist; believe me, somebody's thought this up before.
Google/YouTube
And the difference about MY plan, is the government becomes a profitable entity that provides REAL service to its community, while working towards a fully paid-employed society.
Then maybe that should have been the focus of your post?

Just a thought.

That WAS the focus of my post, lol.
legendary
We have festivals here all the time; they don't do any of those things.

Festivals DO do those things. They promote the small businesses and booster clubs in your community, while earning the city money through the sale of stall space. And giving exposure to local bands and artists.

You just don't SEE it.

Who exactly is paying for these festivals again?  We already have festivals; are you saying they should be mandatory?  If not, why bring it up?  If people want to have festivals, they'd have them.  They need no direction from any higher power/scripture to make these happen.

Also, sources?  I know it's a lot easier to just take everything you say as fact, but, if you could link a few articles saying that local bands + fun time = surge in business unrelated to either, that'd be super.
Activity: 126
Capitalism is the crisis.
Let me clear a few things up for you. Robots are workers. The word even comes from the Czech word for worker. A bitcoin miner is a specialized type of desktop calculator. Not a worker. It generates two things: Bitcoins and heat. Robots make things.
Very good point. Let's say I take desktop printer (a fantastic example of a robot) and tell it to continuously print the blockchain.
Do you mean to imply that there is no work done until the ink hits the page? Let me remind you that all of this is binary code at its very heart- physical objects changing states, moving in sequence.
Google/YouTube
OP makes me  Grin .
There are several ideas in play here. The human need to do things, Crowley's True Will, Kropotkin's Toiler, as sharply opposed to Marx's proletariat and infrastructure.
People should grow food (FUCK MONSANTO). If that's their bag.. Or do art, build things, join open sourcey guilds, trade cool junk ... whatever. I take it on very well backed up faith that all these things will happen without profit motive, because of the innate creative spark, specifically true will and the evolutionary principle of mutual aid.
Then we have the remainder of tasks. We can collectively call those uncreative, unrewarding tasks toil. Toil must be automated. It is imperative on a humanitarian level. This cannot be debated. The specific way to automate toil is a matter of creativity.
Trade IS the world going round, currency facilitates trade.
Understanding these ideas in the context of a pervasive Capitalist empire requires a lot of intellectual spinning what if backflips, but its worth it. It requires that the global south and the third world be allowed freedom and unfettered access to technology and education. It also requires that religion on a mammoth scale be taken over by sound and culturally generated philosophy.
Im not advocating global gentrification or universal affluence- these things ae overrated. I'm advocating that the Toiling class be elevated from very specific kinds of oppression into the status of a respected human person.

I agree. It shouldn't even be a debate. Labor should be automated and people should be left to do what they want. And for some people ranching and farming are goals, not tasks. So the world would still be ok.

And also agreed with globalization. We don't need a one world government and the UN should almost be disbanded. OR every country should be allowed to come in an take a seat and fight their stance.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
And the difference about MY plan, is the government becomes a profitable entity that provides REAL service to its community, while working towards a fully paid-employed society.
Then maybe that should have been the focus of your post?

Just a thought.
Activity: 126
Capitalism is the crisis.
OP makes me  Grin .
There are several ideas in play here. The human need to do things, Crowley's True Will, Kropotkin's Toiler, as sharply opposed to Marx's proletariat and infrastructure.
People should grow food (FUCK MONSANTO). If that's their bag.. Or do art, build things, join open sourcey guilds, trade cool junk ... whatever. I take it on very well backed up faith that all these things will happen without profit motive, because of the innate creative spark, specifically true will and the evolutionary principle of mutual aid.
Then we have the remainder of tasks. We can collectively call those uncreative, unrewarding tasks toil. Toil must be automated. It is imperative on a humanitarian level. This cannot be debated. The specific way to automate toil is a matter of creativity.
Trade IS the world going round, currency facilitates trade.
Understanding these ideas in the context of a pervasive Capitalist empire requires a lot of intellectual spinning what if backflips, but its worth it. It requires that the global south and the third world be allowed freedom and unfettered access to technology and education. It also requires that religion on a mammoth scale be taken over by sound and culturally generated philosophy.
Im not advocating global gentrification or universal affluence- these things ae overrated. I'm advocating that the Toiling class be elevated from very specific kinds of oppression into the status of a respected human person.
Google/YouTube
Actually, the machines don't have to do ALL the work, only the work that nobody wants to do.

Exactly. That's a way better way to say what I've been trying to say. I've been listing specific JOBS that will still be left. But that is a better way to put it that incorporates everything.
Google/YouTube

Festivals DO do those things. They promote the small businesses and booster clubs in your community, while earning the city money through the sale of stall space. And giving exposure to local bands and artists.

You just don't SEE it.
legendary
Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001
Actually, the machines don't have to do ALL the work, only the work that nobody wants to do.
Google/YouTube
That would be true in any economy, not just a Bitcoin one. What's special about your plan?

you missed my whole point. I mentioned that stuff to show how bitocin mining is NOT the only thing that needs to be mentioned. Because you asked why I added all the other stuff.

And the difference about MY plan, is the government becomes a profitable entity that provides REAL service to its community, while working towards a fully paid-employed society. Which is the FIRST step in the application of working towards a fully unemployed society. First, everyone needs to be accepted into a part of the society. Then you work towards making everyone smarter, and making machines to do labor.
legendary

Then why did you clutter it up with all the rest of the stuff?

To show how the philosophy fits into a real world society.
Well, you didn't need to include all the rest of that, just the parts that actually show how it would fit into a real society. Like the library running mining machines to pay for it's operations costs. The rest of the stuff, with murals and festivals and whatnot are wasted time.

This isn't just about mining, you need to get that through your head. Mining is just a PEICE. It is THE piece that allows ANYONE to own a machine that earns them money. But it is not the only part. It is just A part.

There are plenty of ways for someone to have a niche in this proposed society without having or wanting a bitcoin mining machine.
That still doesn't explain how more festivals and a mural celebrating every successful shit the mayor takes fit into "Letting the machines do the work."

By bringing people together, making a demand for stalls and artists, making a demand for small business, making a demand for more citizens/coins, making a demand for more jobs/machines, making the demand for more inventors and developers, making the future possible.
That would be true in any economy, not just a Bitcoin one. What's special about your plan?
Google/YouTube

Well, you didn't need to include all the rest of that, just the parts that actually show how it would fit into a real society. Like the library running mining machines to pay for it's operations costs. The rest of the stuff, with murals and festivals and whatnot are wasted time.

This isn't just about mining, you need to get that through your head. Mining is just a PEICE. It is THE piece that allows ANYONE to own a machine that earns them money. But it is not the only part. It is just A part.

There are plenty of ways for someone to have a niche in this proposed society without having or wanting a bitcoin mining machine.
That still doesn't explain how more festivals and a mural celebrating every successful shit the mayor takes fit into "Letting the machines do the work."

By bringing people together, making a demand for stalls and artists, making a demand for small business, making a demand for more citizens/coins, making a demand for more jobs/machines, making the demand for more inventors and developers, making the future possible.

Google/YouTube
Even bitcoin itself isn't just about mining. Bitcoin still includes real world shop owners, website owners, consumers, vendors and more.
Google/YouTube

Google/YouTube

Why do you take everything in giant circles? Can't you just read with intent to understand?
Pages:
Jump to: