Pages:
Author

Topic: [LIST] ANN threads that are using bumping services - page 4. (Read 7298 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
Heads-up:

After a long struggle, since my last post I cleaned the following topic:

It was very difficult, as ROMAD topic had no less than 436 pages of spam...

All in all, I reported XXX posts from this topic! To be honest, this time I can not say precisely how many posts I reported. This is because I just learned a new thing, that reports list shows only 4991 issues, no matter if you made more reports within last 30 days. I was not aware of that and I thought to share this information with you as well. As a consequence, you can not see anymore how many reports you made in the past 30 days, if you reported more than 4991 posts. I am not sure if this is a bug or design of the forum, but if this is the design then the chosen number for the maximum limit (4991) is a bit... weird to say so Smiley

However, as the topic initially had 436 pages and now it has only 15, so I assume I reported about 8400 posts from this topic. Maybe 500-1000 less though as I noticed that during these days mods deleted some posts ahead of me reporting them, but I don't know precisely the number of these posts deleted by mods. However, I noticed that after cleaning this topic, my good reports increased with about 25% from all good reports I made so far in my history. It was a really long thread and full of spam.

Now I'm working on

and I hope to finish cleaning it soon.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
Lol? Really? I did not know that. Why does it work like this? Did anybody try to address a question about this functionality? Maybe it's a bug...
Depends on the moderator, as some might not see the benefit of removing older posts which are unlikely to be seen. Although, I can definitely see the logic in that, I usually just handle them anyway, if it's spam, it's spam, and probably needs to be removed.

Plus, a lot of threads have been active for years, especially those in the altcoin section, so those threads are likely viewed by hundreds or thousands of people each week, so it makes sense to clean it up.
legendary
Heads-up:

Since my last post I cleaned the following topics:

All in all, I reported 1215 posts from these topics!

Thank you for reminding. Viewed this thread. Indeed, there is a lot of spam and shitposts from bots. It turned out 243 reports and -243 shitposts from this topic.

Thanks for taking care of it Smiley

It could have been more, but in the Russian locale it is cannot to report posts before January 1, 2018

Lol? Really? I did not know that. Why does it work like this? Did anybody try to address a question about this functionality? Maybe it's a bug...

What I hoped for is that someone (maybe Welsh since he is keeping an eye on this thread) can just nuke bunch of those accounts and that will automatically delete shit load of posts. Seems like an elegant solution to me, if doable

Sadly, it does work like that only in few cases... But it's okay, I cleand both topics and now I'll just keep an eye on the one which still active.

If the reports are marked as Good they are out of the queue so if you report them again they will not be marked as bad . Guess someone just missclicked or something...
Yeah that happens from time to time and that's exactly what I do, I just report the posts again but its a good thing to hear how that exactly works.

At first I intended to wait 30 days, until the reports would disappear from the queue (for both me and mods), as I believed that reporting again such posts may lead to get Bad result for this kind of reports. Now, that I know how it works, I reported again all those posts and they were cleaned this time.

The following topics remain to be cleaned (I am mentioning them here just to make sure I will not lose any of them):

Most of these topics are huge, and probably they'll require a lot of time for cleaning, as 1 has 800+ pages, one has 400+ pages, 3 have 100+ pages, 3 have 50+ pages and 3 have 29-44 pages. I hope to finish cleaning them too until end of February.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
However, I had a huge surprise at the end, as I thought that only the 800 pages topic still needs cleaning. However, I was wrong. I realized that 14 more topics need cleaning and I never touched them. I skipped 1 of them, somehow, while browsing through this topic post by post. This was Bitwings topic.
Ah yeah Bitwings, one of the crazier scams I busted. They claimed that they developed mobile phone that can mine 2 ETH per month lol but what that really was is a ponzi scheme that kept delaying phone delivery. They even had very popular bounty campaign here on the forum.

Craziest part is that they were an actual mobile phone provider in Spain that turned to scamming people. They weren't just some low level scam with anon team; they even went to some kind of mobile phone show in Barcelona and presented to public their magic smartphone. AFAIK they are still operating in South America, scamming people there.

I stumbled upon a new group of accounts that are doing the same in another thread, [ANN] My Crypto City (MYCTY) Mobile game using Solana infrastructure [...]

other group that did the same thing in [ANN][GOPX ] The GOPX Token is the FIRST Patent Pending Cryptocurrency!

I'll take care of both threads ASAP.
What I hoped for is that someone (maybe Welsh since he is keeping an eye on this thread) can just nuke bunch of those accounts and that will automatically delete shit load of posts. Seems like an elegant solution to me, if doable. Or maybe even nuking whole threads, as for example 99.99% posts ( I went through whole thread and saw maybe couple posts that weren't paid) in MYCTY thread is just paid spam+ answers from their two copper accounts.

If the reports are marked as Good they are out of the queue so if you report them again they will not be marked as bad . Guess someone just missclicked or something...
Yeah that happens from time to time and that's exactly what I do, I just report the posts again but its a good thing to hear how that exactly works. Cheers!
copper member
Activity: 763
Merit: 692
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
I have 53 reports marked as good from Cocos topic, reports which were made on 2-4 Feb, which are still not deleted. Do you have any idea why?
... and I would not want to risk to double report them.

legendary
legendary
So, while checking if spammers reappeared on one of the already identified threads, I stumbled upon a new group of accounts that are doing the same in another thread, [ANN] My Crypto City (MYCTY) Mobile game using Solana infrastructure. In last month or so, they managed to churn out 23 pages of the one-liner crap.

Accounts "working" there can be divided in two groups: those that are made specifically to spam MCTY thread, and other group that did the same thing in [ANN][GOPX ] The GOPX Token is the FIRST Patent Pending Cryptocurrency!, but that thread is inactive for some time now. Those two are obviously connected as OP of MCTY (BulkWaks1) was very active in GOPX and vice versa, OP of GOPX  (HBUS is very active in MCTY thread.

@Welsh here is the list of approximately 100 sock puppet accounts that are either exclusively working in MCTY thread, or worked in GOPX before starting in MCTY that IMHO deserve to be nuked/banned. For those wondering, those numbers after the name are amount of posts written in MCTY thread.

gotrosen [7]
sinogrape [7]
oppatoad [6]
FedukWj [5]
GeeS [5]
Kyt5bat [5]
linoclef [5]
AmaliaGF [4]
Loiusm [4]
Lurecs [4]
Manuelis [4]
anteuglove [4]
mrenis [4]
nepthnriver [4]
ventoris37 [4]
Armstronds1 [3]
DemDasa34 [3]
Doppelganger777 [3]
ELmortFar [3]
Freesun [3]
Huid23 [3]
HummW1 [3]
ReyWestf [3]
TeeShet [3]
WizziSax [3]
ZanBenGuru [3]
erkminetag [3]
jontantpie [3]
lertmneo [3]
leximari [3]
lochew [3]
rambVar [3]
ronetteplsk [3]
Akm4gclock22 [2]
AliHas [2]
AvenWe [2]
Berryvery394 [2]
Bestcryptotoo [2]
Chicagophan22 [2]
Cryptohero 89 [2]
Cyujx [2]
DamaT [2]
Fildfor [2]
Gyli2 [2]
HayatT [2]
IVYICO [2]
IninnA [2]
Jane Catler [2]
JorohMo [2]
Jremy1 [2]
Karheart [2]
KrahU [2]
Maxtrench [2]
Noth7mone [2]
ReviranXR [2]
Rezolusion99 [2]
RonaldSadr [2]
Ruslana1999 [2]
SenSeQ15 [2]
Sloujoke [2]
TreeesW [2]
TyelorWer [2]
VeraWad [2]
WestKy13 [2]
XxxradD [2]
YTTTDIM [2]
Yioper [2]
Ytreeth [2]
Ytresa [2]
ailmplum [2]
dodryhalo [2]
frytvirga [2]
jinbi-official [2]
junkproharry [2]
mandlyrt [2]
mayoflute [2]
minartictag [2]
monlgolf [2]
novarice [2]
r_victory [2]
reshards [2]
satfrattg [2]
tongta9 [2]
Awi345 [1]
AzazaF [1]
Bon963 [1]
Bustykins [1]
CelinD [1]
Coolman258 [1]
Dandelegle [1]
Dora1245 [1]
DumnaE [1]
DypeA [1]
EXA LAB [1]
ErtyW [1]
Fornik [1]
legendary
Heads-up:

[ANN] Emirex Official - The Infrastructure for the New Digital Economy
Cocos-BCX has old ANN thread where they massively used bumping services for months

From Emirex I reported 2094 posts and it was reduced from 115 pages to 11. From Cocos I reported 2062 posts and it was reduced from 103 pages to 23 (I have a few more reports unhandled yet so it will shorten even more).

I think I'll perform a double check on it though, to ensure I reported everything that deserves to be reported.

After another check through all remaining 50 pages of ModulTrade topic I reported 25 more posts.

Just when I thought I finished cleaning all topics from this thread I just saw Rikafip's new post!

5 topics were almost clean (I had only 5 posts to report), the only one remaining being the one of 800 pages (OMG!). I will take a look through all its pages and I hope in one week or so to finish cleaning it as well. Wish me luck Smiley However, I'll do it after going once more through all topics posted here, as I stated before I intend to do once I finish with all of them.

All in all, I reported 7784 posts from all these topics! (I mean together with all reports from Modul topic as well)

There's a bunch of threads that are currently active, and have been for a few years, but somehow managed to avoid being cleaned up.

If you know their names, drop them here and they'll be taken care of Smiley
staff
Maybe I didn't express myself properly; they weren't inactive since 2015, they started this project back in 2015. They almost certainly used some bumping service as you don't 800 pages thread for a completely unknown project (at least to me) without some push. On CMC they are listed as "untracked listing" while I couldn't even find them on Coingecko. Looks like they gave up yet they are trying with this marketing technique.

Anyway, definitely reporting material, at least last page or two as that's when this new group appeared.
I think I understood correctly, been inactive since 2015, but recently started back up again, right? This isn't really the norm, most projects seem to push it hard when they've just started to launch the most, though as you've rightly pointed out before, some do it to keep up ratings from external websites.

I haven't had a look at it yet, I've gotten through my report backlog though, so I'll likely start taking a look in the morning. I usually treat actively viewed threads as a priority, and revisit the older stuff when I have time. For example, threads which are in the first few pages on the Altcoin section, usually get seen to first, at least that's the idea. There's a bunch of threads that are currently active, and have been for a few years, but somehow managed to avoid being cleaned up.
legendary
Definitely a strange case for them to start bumping with such a long period of inactivity, but if they're bumping it now, no doubt they did it back in 2015. I'll go through the entire thread.
Maybe I didn't express myself properly; they weren't inactive since 2015, they started this project back in 2015. They almost certainly used some bumping service as you don't 800 pages thread for a completely unknown project (at least to me) without some push. On CMC they are listed as "untracked listing" while I couldn't even find them on Coingecko. Looks like they gave up yet they are trying with this marketing technique.

Anyway, definitely reporting material, at least last page or two as that's when this new group appeared.
staff
Just identified new group of ANN threads that hired bumping service. What's weird here is that one of them is a really old project from 2015 (DECENT) that has 800 pages but suddenly decided to push their thread once again via this useless service. Others threads are recently created so might be the best idea to start reporting posts written there. Here are the threads:
I'll work through the backlog of reports I have, and I'll then manually go through these threads myself, and actively monitor them from then on wards. Added to the list of others, my list is nearly as long as my leg now. Appreciate the heads up though.

Definitely a strange case for them to start bumping with such a long period of inactivity, but if they're bumping it now, no doubt they did it back in 2015. I'll go through the entire thread.
legendary
Just identified new group of ANN threads that hired bumping service. What's weird here is that one of them is a really old project from 2015 (DECENT) that has 800 pages but suddenly decided to push their thread once again via this useless service. Others threads are recently created so might be the best idea to start reporting posts written there. Here are the threads:

🚀 [ANN] PadLock | Decentralized Communications And Security Solutions 🚀
Cryptoprosol - The Best Solution To Any Issues You Have Concerning Cryptocurreny
[ANN] Gentlemen's Baby Club [GBC] NFT CLUB #ETH #blockchain
[ANN] DECENT - Decentralizing Content Distribution
🚀 [ANN] Stabila Public Chain (STB) | Decentralize the financial system. 🚀
{ANN} Income Finance 20% Reflection rewards paid in BUSD!
staff
For example, this is from ICObench, probably the most popular ICO tracking site. As you can see, they track social media platforms, and among them you can find bitcointalk. Only newbies care about ICObench rating but then again, that's their target audience.
Yeah, this is basically why threads still get flooded to this day. When the bumping changes were implemented by theymos that did contribute a lot to the reduction of spam, but things like this continue to fuel the underground market of bumping announcement threads unfortunately.

I see ICOBench's logic in wanting to have this as a measurement, however they probably don't realise how much this harms Bitcointalk in terms of spam.

I certainly hope so Smiley I myself made 15.100 good reports in January hihi (and there is still some time left until end of the day Smiley).
Yeah, you've definitely been busy as of recent. I've probably only handled around 5000 of them. Who knows, we might get a 30-35k report month.
legendary
Heads-up:

Since my last post I cleaned the following topic:

Another ANN added to the list, thanks to @iasenko who reported one old thread that is being bumped for a  few years one, and made by questionable account.
[ANN][PRE-ICO] 🚀🚀 ModulTrade : The Freedom To Trade 🚀🚀

This thread has 251 pages and 5016 posts  Shocked

This topic was the most difficult to clean I ever encountered. 1.5 years it was spammed by newbies. About another 1.5 years it was spammed by members with various ranks, from Jr. Member to Legendary. I never saw any other topic spammed by so many users with high profiles. This is also why it took so many days to finish cleaning it. If you are curious, LoyceV made a list with all the spammers from this topic. Actually, I encourage you to take a look! Smiley

All in all, I reported 3936 posts from all this topic! It's length reduced to only 56 pages / 1101 posts, but I still have 105 unhandled reports from it so it will probably remain with only 50 pages out of 251. I think I'll perform a double check on it though, to ensure I reported everything that deserves to be reported.

Having this topic also cleaned, the remaining ones are the ones below, summing a total of 218 pages:

[ANN] Emirex Official - The Infrastructure for the New Digital Economy
Cocos-BCX has old ANN thread where they massively used bumping services for months

I will start with Emirex, as it's longer than the other one. It has 115 pages and 2296 posts. Let's see how much it will shorten...

Sadly, I did not manage to clean all the topics from this thread before end of January, as I hoped so, but still, I was very close to reach that deadline, as only 2 topics are now remaining to be cleaned Smiley I hope I'll finish with these ones in a few days.

Think the record for reporting might be broken this month. There's been a lot of reports, and not just in relation to this thread.

I certainly hope so Smiley I myself made 15.100 good reports in January hihi (and there is still some time left until end of the day Smiley).
legendary
<...> this means that the service provider paid for these bumping services... for nothing! I really don't understand the logic behind this. It's like... OP was not even interested in selling his product anymore... like he simply paid to harm the forum through spam!

There might be a simpler explanation. Someone may have set up a bumping bot and forgotten about it. Smiley
While I don't know too much about it, I suspect something like that is possible.
Nah,  I don't think that someone forgot to turn off the bot. One of the selling points that those "marketing services" like to use when selling the bumping is that some ICO tracking sites are giving ratings based on activity on their bitcointalk ann threads.

For example, this is from ICObench, probably the most popular ICO tracking site. As you can see, they track social media platforms, and among them you can find bitcointalk. Only newbies care about ICObench rating but then again, that's their target audience.

Activity: 1414
Merit: 915
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
<...>
It might just be that they post it, and then don't monitor it much afterward, which definitely wouldn't be the way I go about it, but I guess some users do that.

Yes. It seems they were hired by the project owner just to create and publish an ANN topic. Much like the translators in the local sections do.

<...> this means that the service provider paid for these bumping services... for nothing! I really don't understand the logic behind this. It's like... OP was not even interested in selling his product anymore... like he simply paid to harm the forum through spam!

There might be a simpler explanation. Someone may have set up a bumping bot and forgotten about it. Smiley
While I don't know too much about it, I suspect something like that is possible.
staff
Think the record for reporting might be broken this month. There's been a lot of reports, and not just in relation to this thread.

I believe that too. However, I think that a topic starter has responsibility for what happens inside his topic. At least, this is what I think about my topics. As the situation is now, the following questions pop in a natural manner: did btcltcdigger know that his topic will be used for bumping services?; if so, was he paid too, to allow the spam?; why didn't he do anything to defend his reputation (e.g.: clean the topic or state somewhere that he is not involved anyhow in that spam nor he was paid for initiating a topic for pure spam)?
That would be difficult to confirm. It doesn't seem like all of his threads are using bumping services. So, there's a lack of data to make any sort of accurate conclusion. Also, can't comment on defending their reputation, doesn't seem they're active in the reputation section. I've taken a look at a few of their other topics, though. They don't seem particularly concerning.

It might just be that they post it, and then don't monitor it much afterward, which definitely wouldn't be the way I go about it, but I guess some users do that.
legendary
Heads-up:

I made a triple check over the threads posted since December 2021. Two of them are still active:

It seems the newbies spamming them are very tenacious. I reported 107 posts from both threads. It seems that Fundraise topic was completely trashed after my reports from today.

Miner Performance-Boosting Firmware By MSKMINER

I found MSKMINER topic by pure chance. Following Rikafip's previous post,

I am going straight to the question [...] @icopress recently created topic in scam accusation board about few similar threads ANN Removal Request: Uncommonn, Amepay, MSKMINER, Monolith

I noticed he quoted icopress there and icopress mentioned 4 topics full of spam. Uncommon was already clean; AMEPAY and Monolith were previously cleaned by me, but MSKMINER needed cleaning services though. I reported here 83 posts.

Then I started cleaning the biggest thread ever mentioned here, this one being one of the 3 which I still want to clean:

Another ANN added to the list, thanks to @iasenko who reported one old thread that is being bumped for a  few years one, and made by questionable account.
[ANN][PRE-ICO] 🚀🚀 ModulTrade : The Freedom To Trade 🚀🚀

This thread has 251 pages and 5016 posts  Shocked and I started cleaning it from page 251 backwards. Now I am at page 215 and I reported 607 posts so far. I will continue tomorrow, hoping to finish it. This topic is absolutely amazing, in a way, as the total spam goes from 2018 to 2020 without stop. While reporting post after post from last page backwards, from posts made in 2020 to posts made in 2018, I noticed that about 3 "generations" of newbies spammed. What was even more incredible was the fact that during 2019 and 2020 99% of the posts were made almost only by these newbies. It's like someone paid for bumping services for more than a year and also paid for different generations of newbies. Who would do something like that, seeing that his shitty product does not attract any other user? I would understand if the topic was spammed for a while, to keep it look like it's active, in order to attract other users curious about the product. But seeing that only 2-3 posts were made by other members in more than a year, this means that the service provider paid for these bumping services... for nothing! I really don't understand the logic behind this. It's like... OP was not even interested in selling his product anymore... like he simply paid to harm the forum through spam!

All in all, I reported 774 posts from all these topics!

btcltcdigger was likely the announcement manager, and wasn't involved with the project itself.

I believe that too. However, I think that a topic starter has responsibility for what happens inside his topic. At least, this is what I think about my topics. As the situation is now, the following questions pop in a natural manner: did btcltcdigger know that his topic will be used for bumping services?; if so, was he paid too, to allow the spam?; why didn't he do anything to defend his reputation (e.g.: clean the topic or state somewhere that he is not involved anyhow in that spam nor he was paid for initiating a topic for pure spam)?

The amount of spam, and sockpuppets communicating there was ridiculous. I removed the thread completely.

The topic was removed indeed, but prior trashing it you flagged as Bad a few reports I made there. It's not fair :p Since you completely deteled that topic, you could also mark as Good those reports which were flagged as Bad  Roll Eyes

spam from bots quickly ended (at the moment there is none)

Thank you again for your help, Ratimov!
legendary
This thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5379058 has been trashed/removed. So, I'm assuming it has been handled, but your report has remained unhandled for whatever reason. Wasn't me that handled it, I don't recall seeing it in my report queue either. So, not sure of the specifics of why your report has remained unhandled. Usually, when threads are removed, they're automatically handled.
Yeah, looking now at my report history, thread is marked as deleted  but last time I checked (I think it was yesterday), thread was still there, that;s why I mentioned it again. Anyway, good to see that its been deleted, no matter who did it. And for status still remaining unhandled, it's not a problem as I saw it happened before, not a big deal.

staff
This thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5379058 has been trashed/removed. So, I'm assuming it has been handled, but your report has remained unhandled for whatever reason. Wasn't me that handled it, I don't recall seeing it in my report queue either. So, not sure of the specifics of why your report has remained unhandled. Usually, when threads are removed, they're automatically handled. Though, I think I do recall in certain situations reports don't get handled for whatever reason, but disappear from the queue. I thought this was when moving it to the trash can, which we generally only do in specific situations.
Pages:
Jump to: