Pages:
Author

Topic: [LIST] ANN threads that are using bumping services - page 6. (Read 7298 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
Heads-up:

Since my last post I cleaned the following topics:

Cleaned all three topics - 139 posts reported.
Sadly, inside Sensitrust topic I found an account from 2011 used for spam - nico6616.

OP can you please check one more topic that maybe deserves to be added to the list of bumping services for using fake conversation?
MASSIVE BREAKTHROUGH - BIRTH OF PRIVACY COIN ZORRO:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/massive-breakthrough-birth-of-privacy-coin-zorro-5259409

Cleaned - 108 posts reported.

There is one more new addition, making it 53 at the moment:
[ANN] Minereum - 🔥 MNE STAKING IS LIVE! 1000% REWARDS + 60% REFERRER BONUS 🔥

This was another monster topic, with no less than 82 pages Smiley I reported 236 posts here and now the topic is reduced to only 69 pages.

I reported 46 posts from COREGROUP topic. Regarding ShareRing, I already cleaned this topic as it was also posted by someone else.

One more announcement thread added to the list of those that are using bumping services:

🔥[ANN] IEO starts on July25] [XTK] -Xtake.cash - Universal Blockchain Income 🔥

Here I reported 32 posts.

Sadly, I could not clean the Russian topic, due to lack of knowledge of this language (maybe Welsh can take a look?). In the other topic I made 159 reports and it was reduced from 19 pages to 10.

Also, while cleaning Monolith topic, I found this very amusing post made by one of the spammers Smiley

read this news? An anonymous investor bought more than 40,000 ETH on the decentralized exchange Uniswap. As a result of his actions, the cryptocurrency exchange rate on the platform soared by 13%, which caused him to overpay almost $2 million.
And?
I don't know, just a news
Please, don't spam

Sadly, I also found another account from 2011 used for these spams - gisellamarone...

This one was another great challenge, as it had 60 pages of spam. Now, after 730 reports, the topic has only 18 remaining pages.

All in all, I reported 1450 posts from all these topics!

Now I am at post #45 and I'll continue from this one backwards.

Besides all these, I have a suggestion to Rikafip: all topics from OP and post #2 appear as active, but not all of them are active anymore. Would you like me to make an update for all the threads mentioned in OP and post #2, in order to reflect reality? Another thing, maybe it would be better if you would add one more column to the table, named "Cleaned?" and state a "Yes" or a "No" at each topic, in order to be easier to see which ones still need cleaning?

Those are not really "posts in a row" in the bad sence.
They are "daily updates / daily info / daily news" so they should be in different posts. They are ~24h apart ...

The fact that a few consecutive posts from a thread belong to the same user is not always seen as "posting in a row".

I understand. I thought though that only OPs are allowed to do such posts. So other users can also have multiple posts in a row, if they are made after 24h?

Don't worry too much about it, if you pick up a bad report here, and there. I know it can be a pain to your score, but I suspect when your reporting this many posts accurately your probably at 100% accuracy regardless.

Hehe, thanks for encouraging me, Welsh! Sadly, my accuracy is not 100%, but I work a lot to get it there. And it is not 100% because when I started making reports I did not pay too much attention and I made a lot of duplicate reports (meaning about 400 bad reports), which took me to an accuracy of only 75%. Since then I am eagerly trying to improve it. Now this is how my stats look like:

Another curios aspect you can notice is the very high number of unhandled reports. This is another mill stone I'll have to always carry with me. This is because 1838 of those 1926 unhandled reports will never be handled. They were reported last year or 2 years ago, most of them were for the immense spam from Press board and, for some reason, nobody handled them. And, as reports disappear from the list after one month, now no mod can even see them (assuming that there would be a mod interested in handling those old reports). So I have a "tail" of 1838 unhandled reports which will always follow me. The difference from 1838 to 1926 - these are 88 reports I made a few minutes ago. After they will be processed, the number of unhandled reports will remain 1838...

On a side note, I expect to be going through the majority of threads today. Hopefully, they'll be a big clean up by the end of the day.

Current progress: The majority of the threads between 81 - 149 should be pretty much clean.

Good job! I was not aware that mods clean threads on their own, without having reports. I always thought that they act only based on the receive reports... Do mod act on their own too, or are you a special case? Smiley
And about your cleaning process, I have a suggestion if I may: I would recommend to go post by post, instead of taking all the threads listed in OP and in post #2. It is possible that some to not appear in OP (maybe Rikafip did not consider them worth to be mentioned or simply forgot?; such examples are the SatoshiClub topics mentioned by notblox1 and cleaned by me, but some other ones can be found as well if you go post by post). It may take more time, but if you want to be 100% percent sure you did not miss anything, you should follow this suggestion.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
What exactly would be a proof enough that they are paying for those posts? Would maybe table like the one below suffice, to see the clear connection between the accounts and various threads. I mean, for what other reason would same group of (mostly newbie) accounts write on the same group of threads, if not for being paid to do exactly that?
A lot of the time these sort of projects are advertising in their Discords, Telegram or whatever other communication they have. They often offer posting for an incentive. Though, I suspect these particular projects are doing it under the cuff.

I did find some advertising an incentive for posting though, which were removed. I suspect by some of the threads I came across that were already removed for the same reason.

Otherwise, its pretty obvious most of the time when users are posting in the same threads, and they're using the same phrases. Most of the users that are in these threads should now be banned or were already banned. However, its difficult to prove that the people behind the thread are paying for bumping services, despite it probably being quite clear they're. So, I won't be removing any threads that I can't prove are doing it, since that would open up a can of worms for projects trying to frame competitors.  

Tables like the one you've linked are useful for banning individual accounts. However, if possible I'd like to get to the source of the problem if possible.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937

Also, I'll be looking to do further digging on quite a few of them, to see if they're indeed paying for these posts. If anyone can also help prove that, let us know.
What exactly would be a proof enough that they are paying for those posts? Would maybe table like the one below suffice, to see the clear connection between the accounts and various threads. I mean, for what other reason would same group of (mostly newbie) accounts write on the same group of threads, if not for being paid to do exactly that?

staff
Depending on the moderator handling the reports, they might merge the posts together or they might simply mark the report as bad. Really does depend on the context, and the moderator that's handling the report. Although, what Rizzrack said is probably accurate in this case.

Don't worry too much about it, if you pick up a bad report here, and there. I know it can be a pain to your score, but I suspect when your reporting this many posts accurately your probably at 100% accuracy regardless.

On a side note, I expect to be going through the majority of threads today. Hopefully, they'll be a big clean up by the end of the day.

Current progress: The majority of the threads between 81 - 149 should be pretty much clean. Although, I do need to merge a few of the posts together which I'll do later after getting the majority of the spam deleted.

I do need to revisit a few problematic threads though so not 100 percent of that range will be perfectly cleared right now. The problematic threads are just some of the larger ones which need a little more scrutiny.

Also, I'll be looking to do further digging on quite a few of them, to see if they're indeed paying for these posts. If anyone can also help prove that, let us know.
copper member
Activity: 763
Merit: 692
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54683832 - as you see, user _decentralise made 2 posts in a row
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.55452775 - user Cappex made 3 posts in a row
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.55513179 - again, user Cappex made 2 posts in a row
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.55737458 - again, user Cappex made 2 posts in a row
Do you have any idea why this happened?

Those are not really "posts in a row" in the bad sence.
They are "daily updates / daily info / daily news" so they should be in different posts. They are ~24h apart ...

The fact that a few consecutive posts from a thread belong to the same user is not always seen as "posting in a row". The users that you mentioned are not newbies so it was not me who handled your reports but FWIT that's just my 2 cents Smiley
legendary
Heads-up:

Since my last post I cleaned the following topics:

PosBit-Safe - 220 reports; PAYACCEPT - 123 reports.

By far, this post of notblox1 took all my time since January 8th. All Satoshi Club topics represented 149 reports. ZYX Network - 21 reports. Tap - 93 reports. But the greatest challenge were the topics of ShareRing (362 reports) and PHORE (1288 reports). ShareRing topic was reduced from 52 pages to 33, while PHORE topic was reduced from 162 pages to 101. Right now I still have 103 unhandled reports from PHORE topic, which means it'll go to under 100 pages after they will be processed.

All in all, I reported 2255 posts from all these topics!

And with this, I also finished cleaning all the topics from page 4 of current thread. I am now at 3rd page, at post #60. I will continue from here backwards.

I've cleaned up two threads as of now, with one of them being removed completely.

Great job, Welsh! Maybe it'll be better to also mention here which topics you cleaned / nuked...?

Also, probably some of the threads that were mass reported by users have already been pretty much cleaned up.

All my reports were handled (excepting the ones from today).

Welsh, I have a question: I noticed than 100% more than 99.9% of my reports which had the comment "Zero-value post" were marked as good and the posts were deleted. This is great news! However, during my reporting activity, in several topics I noticed users which made multiple posts in a row, which I also reported. In the past, such reports of mine were flagged as good. But within these topics, I received some bad reports and this is somehow disappointing. Do you have any idea why these reports of mine were flagged as bad? I will give you some examples below (all being posts which I reported with this comment - "Posting multiple posts in a row").

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54683832 - as you see, user _decentralise made 2 posts in a row
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.55452775 - user Cappex made 3 posts in a row
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.55513179 - again, user Cappex made 2 posts in a row
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.55737458 - again, user Cappex made 2 posts in a row

Seeing that those reports were flagged as bad, I ignored all the other multiple posts in a row, although I noticed very many of them, especially inside PHORE topic.

Then I have 5 reports for same Cappex, the posts were deleted, but the reports are flagged as bad  Huh

Same happened with 3 reports for user Oren_ishi:

And with 3 reports for user BountyHunt5:

Do you have any idea why this happened?
staff
Yes, I noticed some of the accounts I reported were nuked. That's good.
I'm sure they'll try again with new accounts, but I believe we can make a difference if we join forces. It's great to have you with us, Welsh.  Smiley
Busy week this week, but I'll probably look at all of these threads in the coming weeks. Hopefully by then, we'll only be dealing with new users rather than cleaning up old threads. Feel free to continue reporting that way other moderators can handle them, but if not I'll be going through them slowly regardless. I've cleaned up two threads as of now, with one of them being removed completely. Also, probably some of the threads that were mass reported by users have already been pretty much cleaned up.

What do you think about the new President of America?

Now what in the world does this have to do with those topics? =)))))))
Yeah, there's been a few users that use this exact same sentence, and should all be nuked. There's also varying other phrases which are similar, which again the users should all be nuked.
legendary
Heads-up:

Today I cleaned the following topics:

One more project that is using bumping service in order to promote thier announcement thread has been added to the list!

Fetch.ai and Bitfinex announce trading competition and catalyst sale

@Rikafip please consider checking and adding this topic for Free2ex exchange.[...]
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/free2ex-is-a-legally-regulated-european-cryptocurrency-platform-5262757

That's not all for today, there is another addition

Uncommonn is a platform connecting vendors and customers  

Summing a total of 360 posts reported. Not too many today, but I did not have too much time. I am now at post #66 and I'll continue backwards from there.

A funny note, while reading all these posts over and over I noticed that many repeat in different topics. It's like Vitor Services has a batch of questions / post and every newbie is picking a line from there and post it, otherwise I don't understand how it's possible to literally see very same words in all those bumped topics: excepting the "great project" / "awesome news" and others like that, they always post "when AMA", "when moon", "liquidity", "ambassador program", "cooperation with government". But, by far the most ridiculous question I found is this:

What do you think about the new President of America?

Now what in the world does this have to do with those topics? =)))))))

we can make a difference if we join forces. It's great to have you with us, Welsh.  Smiley

This reminded me of what I wrote almost 2 years ago about the Mods Gang and Spambusters Gang Smiley

7. The SpamBusters Gang
Supreme Leader: iasenko
Known members and adulators (wannabees): bitart, buyinbtc, DarkStar_, digaran, Heisenberg_Hunter, Jet Cash, Lafu, LogitechMouse, LoyceV, mdayonliner, stompix, seoincorporation, Silent26, suchmoon, theyoungmillionaire, Welsh, wwzsocki, xtraelv, Rikafip, GazetaBitcoin, decodx and many others.
Reputation: members are very aggresive fighters; they atack at first sight any spam. Spammers, beware!
Activity: Busting rule-breakers for more than a year.
ANN: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/clubthe-spambuster3-cases-openover-3000-accounts-reviewed1800-0908-4720640.
First Mention: July 22nd, 2019, 00:19:10
Misc: this gang is in good relations with Mods Gang. Although they don't have an alliance per se, they have a good collaboration on mutual interests. The forum served many times as their battlefield in their endless wars against the Cheaters Gang.
Emblem:

Indeed, Rikafip's thread is not the one of the spambusters, but we are part of the same movement  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1414
Merit: 915
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
The good news is a lot of the users that are being reported have already been zapped by other staff. So, its just a matter of cleaning up the threads. I'll take a look more in depth on the particularly suspect ones, and see if I can find if they're offering an incentive to post. Though, I do suspect the vast majority are done via the sock puppet method.

Yes, I noticed some of the accounts I reported were nuked. That's good.
I'm sure they'll try again with new accounts, but I believe we can make a difference if we join forces. It's great to have you with us, Welsh.  Smiley
staff
Welcome to the team, Welsh! I am sure that having you here will make things way smoother than how they were until now. I am very happy that you joined us Smiley
The good news is a lot of the users that are being reported have already been zapped by other staff. So, its just a matter of cleaning up the threads. I'll take a look more in depth on the particularly suspect ones, and see if I can find if they're offering an incentive to post. Though, I do suspect the vast majority are done via the sock puppet method.
legendary
Heads-up:

Another announcement using the bumping service. As usual, several accounts are registered in one day. [...]
[ANN] Intelly Tech - Enhancing property development and real estate with the pow

I clean this one twice already Smiley

Then I resumed cleaning from post 100 backwards:

Another project with bumping services.

ANN BaexDapp - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5278713

You can add the following ANN thread to your list.
[ANN][TGE][AIRDROP] Sylo - decentralised communication network and ecosystem

Summing a total of 704 posts reported. Practically, I entirely finished cleaning also page 5 of this thread.

I will continue from page 4 of this topic backwards (from post #77 backwards).

Now that I've come across this thread, I'll take a look at this thread periodically, and act accordingly based on what I find. Just give me some time to comb through this thread first of all, and then the reported threads themselves.

Welcome to the team, Welsh! I am sure that having you here will make things way smoother than how they were until now. I am very happy that you joined us Smiley
staff
Now that I've come across this thread, I'll take a look at this thread periodically, and act accordingly based on what I find. Just give me some time to comb through this thread first of all, and then the reported threads themselves.

If things seem to be not being acted upon, then it might be a good idea to report some posts, but include the link to this thread so a moderator can comb through any content that's not been reported through the "report to moderator" button, but instead has been posted in this thread.

I can already see some usernames that I've got in my list to revisit later.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
Another announcement using the bumping service. As usual, several accounts are registered in one day.

1.dolbikc   Date Registered:   May 24, 2019, 05:31:40 PM   
2.ZyreXtem   Date Registered:   May 29, 2019, 05:25:58 PM
3.DarcyLO   Date Registered:   May 29, 2019, 05:30:46 PM
4.Seebsab   Date Registered:   May 29, 2019, 10:51:57 PM
5.RonaldSadr   Date Registered:   May 28, 2019, 02:10:23 AM
6.BulkWaks1   Date Registered:   May 28, 2019, 02:06:33 AM
7.WersicyMonree   Date Registered:   November 25, 2019, 11:19:23 AM
8.Poll98   Date Registered:   November 26, 2019, 04:37:42 PM
9.Dandelegle   Date Registered:   August 27, 2021, 04:56:17 PM
10.Noth7mone   Date Registered:   August 27, 2021, 05:07:28 PM
11.Brave25   Date Registered:   July 20, 2021, 02:57:44 PM

[ANN] Intelly Tech - Enhancing property development and real estate with the pow
legendary
Back in business and Happy New Year! Smiley

At first, today I took a look over the projects mentioned since beginning of December, which I already cleaned, to make a double check in order to see if they are still active. Some were active and I reported 90 posts from these ones.

Then I took care of the last ones mentioned here:

I checked thread

After those three threads I resumed cleaning the old ones. These are the ones I cleaned today:

one more ANN has been added to the list [...]
🎲 Rubic 🎲 Multichain DeFi platform

you can add this thread to the list [...]
[ANN][DeFi] The fastest way to earn DeFi passive income.

I think that [ANN] Workbit - Freelance platform belong to be in the list of using bumping service.

Accounts peter054 and riefly have previously shilled in ZECZERO, their wallets were detected to be malware:

One more thread has been added to the list

[ANN] BUMO - Public Blockchain for Ubiquitous Value Transfer

Summing a total of 1029 posts reported.

I will continue from page 5 of this topic backwards (from post #100 backwards). Maybe until end of January I will finish cleaning also the topics mentioned within the first 100 posts.

Great job, as always!

Thank you Rikafip Smiley

Majority of these threads I identified while scanning altcoin boards, looking for scams. Since I am not so active on the scambusting scene due lack of time, I am using a different strategy. So, I simply check accounts that are currently active in already identified threads and I check their post history to see if they started being active in some new threads as that only can mean that they got another gig.

Similar to how Rikafip described, I usually make a list of all newbie accounts I notice are active in a thread that uses a bumping service. I then go through their posting history to find out if they've been active in other threads. This usually leads to a few more ANN threads that follow a similar pattern.

Hehe, thank you both for sharing your tips & tricks!
legendary
There are several newbies who are posting and bumping these threads, so it's likely that they are doing so as part of the bumping service. The topics are still new, but they seem to fit the pattern.

Topic: [ANN]AdLunam - The industry’s first NFT-integrated Engage to Earn seed crowdfund
I already mentioned that one in my last post, it's just that I was lazy to add it to the list. Anyway, it's been sorted now.

As a matter of fact, these guys didn't hire bumping service, but instead they organized an airdrop and one of the tasks is to leave a reply on their bitcointalk thread, as seen on the screenshot of their google form below. While thread bumpers usually write shitty one-liners, posts left by those airdopers are even worse than that as all they usually wrote is "great project", or something along those lines, and its a classic sign that it might be the airdrop case.

Since they didn't hire bumping service they won't be added to the list but instead I reported their thread to mods as hey are breaking forum rules so hopefully their thread gets deleted.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf3_1D2OpBWsbHndFYg3BBE2Xm2CrZziVp_StPp-DoXc-XP6A/viewform
Activity: 1414
Merit: 915
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
There are several newbies who are posting and bumping these threads, so it's likely that they are doing so as part of the bumping service. The topics are still new, but they seem to fit the pattern.

Topic: (ANN) Fundraise Launchpad- Happy New Year 2022 Offers!
Topic: [ANN]AdLunam - The industry’s first NFT-integrated Engage to Earn seed crowdfund

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 2581
Top Crypto Casino
And a quick question to all contributors: how do you find these ANN threads using bumping services? Is there any technique you use to notice them easier? Smiley

Similar to how Rikafip described, I usually make a list of all newbie accounts I notice are active in a thread that uses a bumping service. I then go through their posting history to find out if they've been active in other threads. This usually leads to a few more ANN threads that follow a similar pattern.
legendary
Gazeta is back! I've been very busy these days with shopping for Christmas and New Year's and I did not have too much time left for "cleaning services", but today I did this "chore" too Smiley
Great job, as always!

And a quick question to all contributors: how do you find these ANN threads using bumping services? Is there any technique you use to notice them easier? Smiley
Majority of these threads I identified while scanning altcoin boards, looking for scams. Since I am not so active on the scambusting scene due lack of time, I am using a different strategy. So, I simply check accounts that are currently active in already identified threads and I check their post history to see if they started being active in some new threads as that only can mean that they got another gig.

For example, I checked thread that is already on the list and I saw account dtoni having 1 more post written, beside that thread, and that is [ANN]AdLunam - The industry’s first NFT-integrated Engage to Earn seed crowdfund . One look at that thread and its pretty obvious what is going on, as there are several others recently awoken newbie accounts writing similar nonsense. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!
Same to you buddy!
legendary
Gazeta is back! I've been very busy these days with shopping for Christmas and New Year's and I did not have too much time left for "cleaning services", but today I did this "chore" too Smiley

I cleaned both but I'll keep them under observation in case they will remain active.

UBERSTATE is still work in progress on my side, as it's a huge thread.

I finally managed to win the epic battle with UBERSTATE topic, which had no less than 32 pages of spam! Today I reported 560 posts of this topic and a total of 637 posts from it starting December 23rd, but I'm finally done with it Now I am waiting the mods to take care of the reports. So far, the topic dropped from 32 pages to 27, but it will resume to 1-2 after the reports are handled. I think this is the biggest topic I ever cleaned.

Now I am at page 6 on this topic, at post #120. I will resume the cleaning in weekend, most likely.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!
legendary
Yup, this is what I did and this is how I'll continue too. Actually, I think I said that above, but maybe you did not notice it Smiley
Yeah, I probably misunderstood your tactic. Anyway, keep it up!

Two new announcement threads that are using buming service have been identified, and will be added to the list. Same recently awoken newbie accounts that were used for bumping recently discovered threads are working in those two threads as well, so no question what's going on.

[Ann] The new Metaverse project -MetaLoop Tech!
[ANN] Quarashi Network - One Product with Different Core Components
Pages:
Jump to: