Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 32. (Read 290697 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
September 14, 2017, 06:21:21 AM
If Litecoin has lasted this long and maintained value when so many other altcoins with more to offer have been born I don't see it ever going away, its longevity will be equal to bitcoin imo. Longevity of a chain is a big component of its value.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
September 14, 2017, 06:05:09 AM
There is always people coming up and saying this coin is dead, that coin is dead. Most likely because people feel they need to get rid of some coins to let the coins they believe in thrive. There is enough space in this ecosystem for many coins to fill many different niches. One coin doesn't need to die for the other to succeed.
Activity: 980
Merit: 253
September 14, 2017, 05:08:31 AM
Litecoin is officially dead, why you may ask?

What Litecoin used to offer:

ASIC Resistance
GPU Resistance
2.5minute blocktime

What Litecoin now offers:
2.5minute blocktime

Basically, Litecoin is worth less than Blackcoin, Netcoin, OompaLoompaCoin, heck, practically anycoin that has a faster blocktime and Any other feature... Litecoin offers absolutely nothing over what 99% of these alt coins offers, even the worst alt coin offer more innovative features than Litecoin. And to those litecoin bagholders, who say that "Litecoins age and adoption" is something it offers, that's not true..There are NO reputable stores Worldwide that accept Litecoin, not one.

Verdict: Litecoin is dead, it hasn't been updated in years, it's a practically abandoned coin. I'm gonna feel really sorry to all the litecoin bagholders that are still "HODLING" when Litecoin reaches $1, 50 cents, 10 cents etc.

It's still good, and is top 5 at the moment, It's still good, and is top 5 at the moment Grin

I agree with that. It is number 5 at the moment. Although it should be number 2, but it did not improve a lot in the past.

You guys do realise this was a topic from 2014 right?
Yeah, we know but as far as the topic isn't removed from the forum, it remains valid topic for people to deliberate on.
And I still say litcoin will follow the foot steps of bitcoins so if you were late to have some bitcoins  then it's time to buy more litecoins before the price goes high
Activity: 55
September 14, 2017, 04:51:52 AM
Lol litecoin is not going to die. It is now stable. I invested a while ago in litecoin Im waiting for it to rise. Like a few thousand dollars. I have already saved huge amount of ltc.

You can also claim faucets for litecoin. Thats also fine because you can earn double.
Activity: 156
September 14, 2017, 04:38:57 AM

ASIC Resistance
GPU Resistance
2.5minute blocktime

2.5minute blocktime

Basically, Litecoin is worth less than Blackcoin, Netcoin, OompaLoompaCoin, heck, practically anycoin that has a faster blocktime and Any other feature... Litecoin offers absolutely nothing over what 99% of these alt coins offers, even the worst alt coin offer more innovative features than Litecoin. And to those litecoin bagholders, who say that "Litecoins age and adoption" is something it offers, that's not true..There are NO reputable stores Worldwide that accept Litecoin, not one.

Verdict: Litecoin is dead, it hasn't been updated in years, it's a practically abandoned coin. I'm gonna feel really sorry to all the litecoin bagholders that are still "HODLING" when Litecoin reaches $1, 50 cents, 10 cents etc.

It's still good, and is top 5 at the moment, It's still good, and is top 5 at the moment Grin

I agree with that. It is number 5 at the moment. Although it should be number 2, but it did not improve a lot in the past.

You guys do realise this was a topic from 2014 right?
Activity: 266
September 14, 2017, 04:38:07 AM
Ahahahaha, it would be interesting to look at this guy now) even then I believe in litecoin and bribed him as he could..... Now I bought the car.
Activity: 65
September 14, 2017, 04:32:00 AM

ASIC Resistance
GPU Resistance
2.5minute blocktime

2.5minute blocktime

Activity: 46
September 06, 2017, 09:36:21 PM

ASIC Resistance
GPU Resistance
2.5minute blocktime

2.5minute blocktime

Activity: 157
September 06, 2017, 08:50:17 PM
Litecoin make my days better everytime
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
September 06, 2017, 08:37:01 PM
They sure where wrong on this one Coinbase brought this baby back to life.

That and the leadership role it took when bitcoin dropped the ball.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 06, 2017, 07:18:35 PM

Agree. Many in crypto land were wrong about Litecoin becoming dead, since it has managed to gain traction over the course of this year, thanks to its recent SegWit upgrade. With its activation, Litecoin has seen many uptrends in value, as markets started adopting it.

The addition of LTC in Coinbase, has contributed towards the cryptocurrency's growth in value, and it could continue to do so as new features come in the way like Lightning Network.

Therefore, I believe that Litecoin will survive alongside with Bitcoin for many years to come. As long as there is a market which actively trades the cryptocurrency, it will remain in crypto land for the long term. Just my thoughts Grin
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
August 30, 2017, 09:17:32 AM
Activity: 65
August 30, 2017, 09:16:39 AM
This is just a discussion and anticipation topic but I still believe in Litecoin because this market has great potential in the future. Although Bitcoin prices have increased, Litecoin remains stable

Agree. Litecoin has remained stable and has managed to gather consensus quite quickly when adopting SegWit, in contrast to Bitcoin. Over the course of years, LTC has remained actively traded on the markets, and have slowly increased in price, making it ideal for investing into for the long term.

One huge advantage that Litecoin has over Bitcoin, is that transactions are extremely fast, and has lower fees, making it easier to become used in the mainstream world.

Therefore, as long as Litecoin is able to deliver fast transaction speeds, and stability, it will survive for many years to come. With all of this in mind, Litecoin is far from becoming dead anytime soon. It just needs an active development to push it further, and help strengthen its place on the markets. Just my thoughts Grin

I think that is the reason why the ltc price is so high now.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 28, 2017, 04:11:51 PM
This is just a discussion and anticipation topic but I still believe in Litecoin because this market has great potential in the future. Although Bitcoin prices have increased, Litecoin remains stable

Agree. Litecoin has remained stable and has managed to gather consensus quite quickly when adopting SegWit, in contrast to Bitcoin. Over the course of years, LTC has remained actively traded on the markets, and have slowly increased in price, making it ideal for investing into for the long term.

One huge advantage that Litecoin has over Bitcoin, is that transactions are extremely fast, and has lower fees, making it easier to become used in the mainstream world.

Therefore, as long as Litecoin is able to deliver fast transaction speeds, and stability, it will survive for many years to come. With all of this in mind, Litecoin is far from becoming dead anytime soon. It just needs an active development to push it further, and help strengthen its place on the markets. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 15
August 28, 2017, 03:34:19 PM
Bitcoin is silver it can not be dead
Many people keep on their Litecoin wallets, they do not benefit that Litecoin is dead, plus Litecoin develops a professional developer.
Activity: 854
Merit: 504
August 28, 2017, 03:31:15 PM
Litecoin rising again. 65$ now. Could it reach 100. Will have to wait.
Yes, its give me more power to put some $$ into this coin. In this case, I'm amazed the recent progress of litecoin. I think im glad i threw 2k in a week ago. Just believe too getting in late but not too late.
Activity: 46
August 28, 2017, 11:19:24 AM
Litecoin rising again. 65$ now. Could it reach 100. Will have to wait.
Activity: 489
Merit: 250
August 28, 2017, 11:00:36 AM
It can be officially dead but their are many litecoins that we can see,the real dead their is their economy and they decrease and in the point that the people doesnt really want to have litecoins,Even they say that officially dead it has still a purpose and a role ti cryptocurrency.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
August 28, 2017, 07:36:15 AM
Grin hehehehehe this got me cracking, but since the developer is spamming twitter everyday, i guess Litecoin would still have a role to play in the bitcoin community, that's my one cent Undecided

That's also my thought. Charlie Lee is really active on twitter, and the price has increased dramatically. I would not be surprised to see litecoin go to 100 USD. It's by far one of the most undervalued coins right now.
Activity: 141
August 28, 2017, 07:20:43 AM
 Grin hehehehehe this got me cracking, but since the developer is spamming twitter everyday, i guess Litecoin would still have a role to play in the bitcoin community, that's my one cent Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: