Pages:
Author

Topic: Logarithmic (non-linear) regression - Bitcoin estimated value - page 9. (Read 117628 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
Please, Sirs, let's keep this thread clean.

There are other threads to talk about Risto or/and Monero or/and any altcoin vs bitcoin.

Thank you.

Trolololo, I don't know if you know me or not, but I'm a big fan.  How much of a donation would it require to get you to create a chart like this for Monero? (even though I know we only have a year of history to go off of)

As i sad before the past does not tell the future.
legendary
Energy is Wealth
To have different starting dates on one forecast chart does not work. So  here is a fix. Not that is really meaningful. The other issue is the missing early data for bitcoin, it is needed so i started a one cent.

and

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
^^
Those predictions have only got a meaning when you actually have witnessed the periodic phenomenon. Log fit curves tend to produce enormous error factors when you attempt to go for a long term prediction. I too believe though we're en route for greater and bolder prices. Smiley
Activity: 528
Merit: 527
Forecasting is totally useless. Based on currently available date you get this result by 2020

The past will not tell you the future

I wouldn't say that chart is worthless. The power regression formula makes the most sense to me and I expect (90% confidence) BTC to break $1000 again before 2020.

legendary
Energy is Wealth
Forecasting is totally useless. Based on currently available date you get this result by 2020

The past will not tell you the future
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
bump interested in an update as well

thanks for your work it is much appreciated
legendary
Activity: 1761
Merit: 1010
Requesting updated chart since last one did in May 2015.

two weeks went by and no response?

Is this thread still alive?

Maybe just PM Trolololo and ask him directly. He seems to still be active here.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

two weeks went by and no response?

Is this thread still alive?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086
Do you really want to see a chart that mostly points down ?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Please, Sirs, let's keep this thread clean.

There are other threads to talk about Risto or/and Monero or/and any altcoin vs bitcoin.

Thank you.

Trolololo, I don't know if you know me or not, but I'm a big fan.  How much of a donation would it require to get you to create a chart like this for Monero? (even though I know we only have a year of history to go off of)
legendary

Cool chart, but the bitcoin price just overwhelms it. The trend lines look practically identical to what I've drawn on my own long term chart, priced in USD.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
Hi, Lord Oliver

1.- The resulting parameters would be almost identical. Dollar and gold relationship is very stable compared to bitcoin...

2.- The logarithmic function is quite nice for a medium term horizon (1 or 2 years from now) and it's much better than the linear one.
But it's not as accurate in the long term. As I have stated in former posts, I would prefer an asymptotic function for the long term.

Regards.

Yes I know, that its kind of stable compared to bitcoin, but still it defuses a little the spike in 2011 for example. That may make your graphs of the early years a little less diverge.
The only problem with gold is, that its price is manipulated. It would normally (and does sometimes, if manipulation failes) follow the bitcoin spikes a little as the bitcoin price is also (of course minor but still) driven by bad economy.
Activity: 263
Merit: 280
Hi, Lord Oliver

1.- The resulting parameters would be almost identical. Dollar and gold relationship is very stable compared to bitcoin...

2.- The logarithmic function is quite nice for a medium term horizon (1 or 2 years from now) and it's much better than the linear one.
But it's not as accurate in the long term. As I have stated in former posts, I would prefer an asymptotic function for the long term.

Regards.
Activity: 310
Merit: 256
Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged
lots of detail in this analysis
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
I think I saw a infographic somewhere stating for BTC to be 1% of the world economy, it would have to be priced around $10,000 for 1 bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
Hi Trolololo,

I love your graphs and I think they are a good estimation. Thank you.
I just think, that there are some wrong assumptions.

1. The price is depending on the dollar. That means, that the fed printing money or stopping can change that. In the worst case they can for example move a lot of money of the market and let everything dive into worst deflation. That could change the graph completely and turn it maybe upside down. I suggest to use GOLD as comparision currency. Can you use the graph estimation depending on ounces or grams of gold? I guess it could be a little more stable as well.

2. I don't think that the function is accurate for long term. With the dollar it may look like the right one an may also look like that later if the fed is continuing to ease. If you switch to gold you need definitely a function with a supremum. If the adaption is complete bitcoin shouldn't change much any more to gold...

regards
Oliver
Here is a chart showing the evolution of the logarithmic regression curve:

Donations: bitcoin:1vrqMEKzTWWGcuRiTG3WGSnpztTvs1KLh

legendary
Thanks for the update!
Hello everybody.

Here is the update (two and a half months since the last one):

Donations: bitcoin:1GVyRMXFaSEbXUCMwZKk3CfXgo8wCmympC

Today's price of 235 USD/BTC is 81% undervalued from the estimated value of 1234 USD/BTC

You can calculate today's trendline value HERE.

Projected (dd-mm-yyyy):
     1.000  22-03-2015  (former update projected 17-01-2015)
    10.000  25-07-2017  (former update projected 10-04-2017)
   100.000  17-10-2020  (former update projected 30-04-2020)
1.000.000  30-03-2025  (former update projected 08-07-2024)

Thank you all for your donations.
Pages:
Jump to: