Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 20. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 0
July 13, 2018, 10:43:37 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

I think it's important to have a mixed strategy when it comes to the crypto market- both short and long term goals.

I originally had a 50/50 split of short and long term projects in my portfolio but with this bear market I think I'll be holding for a little while until the price has some solid recovery.
Activity: 98
July 13, 2018, 10:41:09 AM
I'm currently focused on airdrops and  bounty campaigns mostly so if I invested on some altcoins it would probably be aiming on long term profits, I think short terms could give alot of profit if you know what you are doing and have experience on that field, long term I think is way less risky.
Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
Your professional profile on the blockchain
July 13, 2018, 10:38:21 AM
I like long term more because is less risks. But short term can give bigger profit
In my portfolio 85% for long term
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
July 13, 2018, 10:28:03 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
There are coins that are good for short term and also for long term investment. Actually, I divided my investment in to two. One is for long term investment and the other one is for day trading. In long term investment, I currently holding bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin and bitcoin cash. While in shor term investment, I have ripple, trx and ada.
But I think there will be two coins for long-term Bitcoin and ethereum is good for long-term investments because it has a big advantage of them, if you invested in last year now you can get a big profit from your investment even in short-term investments only a small profit you can get, but still can produce.
Activity: 540
July 13, 2018, 10:25:33 AM
There are coins that are good for short term and also for long term investment. Actually, I divided my investment in to two. One is for long term investment and the other one is for day trading. In long term investment, I currently holding bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin and bitcoin cash. While in shor term investment, I have ripple, trx and ada.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
July 13, 2018, 10:22:06 AM
I prefer long term.If you are investing in any coin of crypto so will have to wait for long term then you can get a much profit from crypto in future. But the short term investment is not a good choice in crypto.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
July 13, 2018, 10:20:27 AM
in the current situation, I try not to engage in short-term trade.it is quite unprofitable. although if you're lucky, you can catch a small increase after the fall. for example ripple costs 44 cents, will soon again grow to 50 cents. investing 1 dollar you can earn about 14 cents. with large investments, this can bring good profits
Activity: 154
July 13, 2018, 09:15:02 AM
It depends on how knowledgeable you are about the investment/trading fundamentals and how much time you are willing to spend on researching the markets. In short term, you have to be smart and disciplined. There are few people who had achieved success in short term.while Long term investing is a key to create wealth. It requires patience, discipline and emotional stability to keep investing for long-term.
Activity: 700
July 13, 2018, 09:12:47 AM
I hold ethereum for the long term and buy ico for short periods and resell to get a profit when the exchange takes place. Basically it is a risk management problem, the long run seems to be lower in high short term short-term risk.
Activity: 133
Merit: 12
Loonie Network - For Bounty hunters & Freelancers
July 13, 2018, 09:07:27 AM
Longterm = new altcoins with potential to grow. No Bitcoin holdings at the moment, I think it will only cost me money in losses. I have a few new coins that are yet to be listed and I'm hoping they will survive this harsh environment.
Activity: 303
Merit: 10
July 13, 2018, 09:02:35 AM
Both are at equal risk. but some people like the short term because results are quick if lucky, while long term pick is usually people who have more funds (quite rare) that I think.
Activity: 140
July 13, 2018, 08:50:11 AM
Long term - Bitcoin and Ethereum. Both are perfect assets.
Short term - altcoins like Ripple, Cardano, Stellar and IOTA that are good for trading and buying something.
Activity: 406
July 13, 2018, 08:47:49 AM
in case you assume that coin will pump in a Small time period then hit that buy Button otherwise you should be cautious because there are quite a few cash these days which might be big Losers. for my part long term funding is better than brief term. i believe that the Crypto global these days and growth its market value this coming days and then sell them proper away as quickly as you recovered all your investment and Double your profits from it.
Activity: 65
July 13, 2018, 08:46:21 AM
i personally think both of long term or short term investment also has a advantages and disadvantages.
For long term investment, you can get profit without affect by fluctuation market. If you have enough knowledge and experience, Short-term investment would help you obtain instant benefit.
Activity: 420
July 13, 2018, 08:45:50 AM
I allocate only 60% of the total investment portfolio to cryptocurrencies. the rest is distributed among other investments, because you should not fully rely on cryptocurrencies
copper member
Activity: 234
July 13, 2018, 08:42:44 AM
Both long term and short term investments on cryptocurrency are good.
I have BTC, ETH and EOS in my long term portfolio while Ripple, SC, IOTA and Ada are on my short term portfolio.
For the short term trading, is good to watch the market closely so as to know the best time to sell to avoid running at a lost.
Activity: 532
Merit: 29
July 13, 2018, 08:38:27 AM
Long term - Bitcoin and Ethereum. Both are perfect assets.
Short term - altcoins like Ripple, Cardano and IOTA that are good for trading and buying something.

I definitely agree with this idea. Bitcoin and ethereum is in my long term portfolio. These are really promising cryptocurrencies as everyone knows. On the other hand, altcoins like Ripple, IOTA are trading tokens for me. If you choose right altcoin, short term investment is get profit to you, like long term investments.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
July 13, 2018, 08:34:36 AM
The difference between these investments is very serious, it all depends on the level of risk that you can take, the less time, the less risk, the more time, the greater the risk, because no one can accurately tell when it will be good or when it's bad.
Activity: 51
July 13, 2018, 08:32:14 AM
I invest for short term mostly. Becoz i don't like to wait much. I just love to trade in short time.
Activity: 784
July 13, 2018, 08:30:24 AM
In late July, you can safely buy altcoins and bitcoin. Soon the news will be about the output of etf, then the bull market will return.
Pages:
Jump to: