Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 52. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
May 08, 2018, 11:31:49 PM
Long term, Holding coins for a long term purposes can be very profitable especially now that most coins are cheaply available. Buy cheaply and hold, during this time, the coin gains value and by the time its sold off, it will have got some returns
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
May 08, 2018, 11:26:28 PM
I usually take both of them up. Play on a short term basis for altcoin. And long-term play for bitcoin. I love both ways, both short and long term, can both generate profits and losses. However, for the risk level I think it is more risky if playing short term.
Activity: 476
Merit: 112
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
May 08, 2018, 11:11:32 PM
if you intend to play crypto in the long run, then you will ignore when the price goes down, and that's the right thing
long term risk is less than short term, because short term can not make a person more patient
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
May 08, 2018, 11:09:30 PM
If you prefer long term you should try bitcoin and etherium. But if you prefer short term you should try altcoins. It depends  on you, if you prefer fast earnings go short term and try altcoins. But if you prefer more big earnings but takes a long period of time go long term and try bitcoin. Its both good because these coins are profitable.

It's not only bitcoin and ETH which will succeed, I think we also have to consider other coins or tokens, as long as they have solid
future plan they'll be able to get a support. Invest on strong coins but also do not miss-look coins which are undervalued but have a good future potential.
Activity: 85
May 08, 2018, 11:39:47 AM
If you prefer long term you should try bitcoin and etherium. But if you prefer short term you should try altcoins. It depends  on you, if you prefer fast earnings go short term and try altcoins. But if you prefer more big earnings but takes a long period of time go long term and try bitcoin. Its both good because these coins are profitable.
Activity: 56
May 08, 2018, 11:38:03 AM
I think both long term and short term are good because they both have their own advantages. Short term is good for a person who has limited budget while long term is suitable for investor who have the enough patience and a very strong mind.
Activity: 70
May 08, 2018, 07:45:47 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
I had failures and up to 50%, after the sale of funds. I understood that I could make this percentage in a positive way. Since then, I do not pay attention to the fall and move only when the percentage goes in the positive direction.
Activity: 161
May 08, 2018, 07:41:43 AM
I prefer long-term investments. I am not good in trading and I realize that. That is why I keep on hodling. But I shouldve swing trade sometimes, and rebuy cheaper.
But nevermind, I still believe in the coins I hodl
Activity: 99
May 08, 2018, 07:30:47 AM
I think the encryption market is a long-term market, and the cryptocurrency you invest in may only go up after a long time. Especially valuable cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin and Ethereum, I think are very suitable for long-term investment.
Activity: 322
SEMUX www.semux.org
May 08, 2018, 07:28:48 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
Investing in blockchain is an ideal choice for long-term investments. Thus you can get the maximum profit. The most interesting blockchain of may - is Egretia.
Activity: 128
May 08, 2018, 12:59:07 AM

I think it is depends in the price progress of your coin choice. Long term investment is good and you need patience on it. And through long term of investment it will give you an assurance to earn huge profit in the future. To ensure you will earn huge profit you need to monitor closely you coin price and what ever happen to the price of your coin don't be temp to dump you coin possession.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
May 08, 2018, 12:45:30 AM
and I would like to have a long term hold on the price because of today's price is so low that we really have to hold on to my longing for the moment when it will increase the volume price from which we'll be able to hold it long now. otherwise we would not blame me for a shorter term they might just need a little bit of money so the short term would just enter the low price so it's time to buy it because of the lower price and because of the short This term also helps the need for money.
Activity: 114
Merit: 2
May 07, 2018, 11:51:21 PM

I myself prefer short term due to the slightest results but when calculated in the long term the results are not much different from the long term but do not rule out Also for the long term only a few are investing in the longer term invest more in the short term.Long term ETH is better because someday ETH selling price will offset the BTC price
Activity: 58
May 07, 2018, 11:45:04 PM
I am planning to hold for long term because I have confidence that it will enrich my wallet, and of course I also need to diversify my portfolio. For me, short term investment doesn't work sometimes as I think I may not get my targets as getting huge profit as I desired.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
May 07, 2018, 11:41:43 PM

Short term trading like day trading is good and profitable if you are always lucky but if not day trading is risky that why i do refer to do long term trading so i can carefully watch my profolio goes up and down and i billieve ling term is low risk than day trading.
Yeah short-term investment is the same as daytrading, the risk is big enough if you don't have extensive skills and knowledge, day trading takes a lot of things one of those two things, that's why it will be quite risky because you have to do the analysis of price that are very fluctuations in the market? agree I also prefer long-term, easier, low risk, and no special skills
Activity: 295
May 07, 2018, 11:35:13 PM
Is depends of the coins. If you buy ethereum and bitcoin both of the is profitable but two of coin are longterm. Svg is shorterm coin and doge coin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
May 07, 2018, 11:34:31 PM
I really want to do trading.  But this requires more knowledge in trade, I do not have enough.  So basically I keep coins for a long time.  Rarely do I try to trade during the day.  But successful transactions are few.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
May 07, 2018, 11:27:35 PM
Long-term for bitcoin, ethereum and some old altcoin because they are more stable in value. Short-term for new altcoin and token ICO. They are perfect for the short term because their value is very unstable, sometimes up to 100% profit. For the risk 50%: 50%
Activity: 320
May 07, 2018, 11:14:08 PM

I gained a huge percentage in my short term investment, and in trading, than long term investment. But my long term investment percentage is also a good percentage, and i gain profit but my short term and trading percentage is higher than long term. And i prefer to you or to anyone who will read this to start trading now. For sure you will gain profit in tradings.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
May 07, 2018, 11:13:12 PM
I want to say, For a long-term investment, you have to choose a coin with good technology and the ability to make 2x at the price of the coin. But It is better to choose long term because it will get more than short-term and short-term investment is more of gambling, if its value goes down You will end up with huge losses, while in the long run continue to increase for most trusted crypto.

It depends on your experience, how much capital you have in your trading and what your goals are. As for me, I have coins for long term and I have for short term. My strategy would be to accumulate coins that are for long term by trading short term coins. As long as you know what you are doing then you can eventually be profitable in this field. My aim is to be a profitable crypto trader in a few years and I wouldn't be able to achieve that if I am just staring in my portfolio all day not doing anything even though my coin is already increasing or decreasing in price. With proper planning and risk management, my goals would be achieved in due time.
Pages:
Jump to: