Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 53. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 10
May 07, 2018, 11:06:53 PM
actually depends on each person. If I prefer to run both of these trading systems. For the long term, matching coins are bitcoin and ethereum. As for the short term, altcoin is more suitable, because the movement of the price is also faster.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
May 07, 2018, 11:04:21 PM
I want to say, For a long-term investment, you have to choose a coin with good technology and the ability to make 2x at the price of the coin. But It is better to choose long term because it will get more than short-term and short-term investment is more of gambling, if its value goes down You will end up with huge losses, while in the long run continue to increase for most trusted crypto.

Activity: 106
May 07, 2018, 10:52:18 PM
I think investment still needs to combine long term and short term. This can reduce part of the investment risk. I think btc, eth is very suitable for long-term investment. Other cryptocurrencies that you are optimistic about can be short-term investments to get good returns.
Activity: 900
Merit: 503
May 07, 2018, 07:13:12 PM
Since my trader with years of experience, he taught me not to make many deals. I adhere to such a strategy as one successful transaction per month. Of course there are more, but I do not know which category to include this strategy, probably something average.
An interesting strategy, if I'm not mistaken there is a book with a similar title! I prefer not to adhere to any restrictions and trade in those moments when I consider it necessary! I buy when I think that this is the lowest price, and I sell at the highest!
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
May 07, 2018, 12:08:29 PM
i have long held bitcoin eos neo . i set the time to 2 years . long-term possession of 60% of my investment . short-term investment IOTA ripple IOST Loopring and DigixDAO . it will be half a year .
Activity: 156
May 07, 2018, 11:56:41 AM
Normally I will hold long term, i will check the price and then determine which coins i should sell out as sometime i need to change back to Eth to invest in new coins.
trk
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
May 07, 2018, 11:56:11 AM
Short term investing is a gambling. Instead of trying to predict short term market prices or events, I advice you to focus on Fundamental strength of coin, its future prospects, its competitive advantage.

Agree. Most trader only follow trading advise from their local paid signal trading group without knowing the technical and fundamental of the coins they trade
I personally prefer long term one because to be honest I am not a good trader LOL
But sometimes even holding airdrop coins will reward you quite well
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
May 07, 2018, 11:54:24 AM
60 % short term , 40% long term ,
because  to do long term need more patience and have more consequency rather than short term IMO
so i pick like that
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet
May 07, 2018, 11:49:26 AM
Short term investing is a gambling. Instead of trying to predict short term market prices or events, I advice you to focus on Fundamental strength of coin, its future prospects, its competitive advantage.

Totally agree. Since crypto world is still at the very early stage, longterm hold should be dominating strategy for most of developed Altcoins.
Activity: 314
May 07, 2018, 11:43:30 AM
Since my trader with years of experience, he taught me not to make many deals. I adhere to such a strategy as one successful transaction per month. Of course there are more, but I do not know which category to include this strategy, probably something average.
Activity: 27
May 07, 2018, 11:40:12 AM
I prefer the Long term. Which is more valuable when time passes by.
Activity: 236
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
May 07, 2018, 11:39:55 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

Short term trading like day trading is good and profitable if you are always lucky but if not day trading is risky that why i do refer to do long term trading so i can carefully watch my profolio goes up and down and i billieve ling term is low risk than day trading.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"
May 07, 2018, 11:38:01 AM
This is a good thread before i was not able to realize on the choices between long term holding of cryto vs. short term holding of crypto. Well in short term crypto you could earn right away given the current price which is being taken into consideration but you still have to wait when will be the next fall down for crypto and that is the disadvantage holding short term. While holding long term may get you there if things go right in the volatility of that crypto then surely you will get what you want and that is a huge profit.
Activity: 167
May 07, 2018, 11:36:06 AM
I think for now the comparison between long-term and short-term investment is the same, still at 50%,
because I think the market is still very volatile and will still make corrections,
the price of coins and altcoin also tend to be unstable,
Activity: 406
May 07, 2018, 11:30:56 AM
Long term and short term are good on their own ways and having both will give you more options to earn money everyday or in the future run. Let me differentiate those two to each other so you understand more on what to choose and best fit to you. First is long term holding and the best coins to start with are the major or top of the list coins in the market as of today because they have a good foundation and possibility to be part of the future currency of the world. While on the other side short term holding or other called day trading are best fit to those newly introduce coins in the market because they are easy to predict because only few people play it in the market.
Activity: 83
May 07, 2018, 11:29:33 AM
I used to have 50/50 for long term and short, but now, I focus all my funds on long term with coins that have high growth potential..
Activity: 448
May 07, 2018, 11:23:29 AM
I invest in the long term, but 15 percent of my wallet lies in tokens and coins that can fly to the moon. In order to get into a coin that can fly to the moon, you need to invest your money in a fairly large number of different coins.

I think long term is not good because we also do not know how the development of the coin,
my advice to play short term and get profit as soon as possible Smiley
Activity: 238
May 07, 2018, 11:13:46 AM
this is a difficult question that can only be answered with feelings, many factors that affect the Long term and Short term, If short term takes a short time but the gain obtained increases with different long term which takes a long time but get the profit very high but also can impact a high loss if the market price is not stable
Activity: 571
May 07, 2018, 11:12:44 AM
I invest in the long term, but 15 percent of my wallet lies in tokens and coins that can fly to the moon. In order to get into a coin that can fly to the moon, you need to invest your money in a fairly large number of different coins.
Activity: 144
Merit: 15
May 07, 2018, 11:11:45 AM
For me high esteemed coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum, XMR,  LiteCoin and other costly coins today are for here and now speculation like on the off chance that you need to begin to pick up exchanging. Top coins will offer high benefits in at least time in case you're fortunate yet in terms of long haul speculations, low evaluated coins will soon estimated a hundred bucks following two or three years or 10 years so later on your ventures today will be the best and extreme choice you at any point made.
Pages:
Jump to: