Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 81. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 100
April 06, 2018, 11:55:50 AM
Well between long term and short term I would prefer to choose the short term which is to buy low and sell high in the right time strategy in which I will gonna apply right now, since many of altcoins right now are cheap due to its low market value then I could certainly buy as many altcoins or promising crypto currencies out there and then when their market value goes up then I'll gonna sell it right away or lose the chance of selling it when it's market value is still high.

You might have enough big experience in trading. Short-term investments need using the special strategy: you have to choose right coins during this time and even be able to predict the market ups and downs.
Activity: 484
Merit: 101
April 03, 2018, 07:05:46 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
I  wil use different way to deal with different coins. The diversities will help us make more money.
Activity: 54
Merit: 2
April 03, 2018, 06:55:05 AM
I'll go for short term investment because in short term investment, my profit may bring back in short period of time.
By this, I will have the assurance that I already get some return to it. I'll be confidently puting my investment in that said investment.
Activity: 462
April 03, 2018, 06:43:50 AM
About 70% of my portfolio is invested in coins I intend to hold long term and the remaining 30% is in smaller coins and tokens that I can trade whenever it's profitable.
I like your strategy and think that it is a good thing to combine shorting and holding. Could you explain, why do you do it by 30% and 70%? Did you make any calculations?
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Presale Starting May 1st
April 03, 2018, 06:42:06 AM
Well between long term and short term I would prefer to choose the short term which is to buy low and sell high in the right time strategy in which I will gonna apply right now, since many of altcoins right now are cheap due to its low market value then I could certainly buy as many altcoins or promising crypto currencies out there and then when their market value goes up then I'll gonna sell it right away or lose the chance of selling it when it's market value is still high.
it is very difficult to find such a strategy to make a lot of money in the short term, for me, so long-term investments look much more interesting, and if something went wrong, let's assume in 5 minutes there is nothing in this terrible will not happen.
Activity: 294
Merit: 19
April 03, 2018, 05:54:48 AM
About 70% of my portfolio is invested in coins I intend to hold long term and the remaining 30% is in smaller coins and tokens that I can trade whenever it's profitable.
Activity: 392
0x860FA3F15AcDFC7c7B379085EaC466645285237d
April 03, 2018, 05:19:45 AM
Long term and Short term, both have a risk,advantage and disadvantages and it depends on what coin are you holding like Bitcoin and Ethereum. But for me i'll choose Long term as you can see and feel these days, coins are going dumped and dumped. So its better to hold your coins and wait until market became Green again.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
April 03, 2018, 04:56:05 AM
Long time means holding coins, in my opinion it`s very important to be patient and so this is a good way to do so. However, no one knows how coins will develop the next morths, I would spread therefore some money in altcoins (shorter term) and some money in btc

I prefer long-term because most people prefer long-term and long-term coins that stay with the long-term like BTC and ETH because with ETH we can transact quickly if investing in the short term we get quicker but riskier

Activity: 308
April 03, 2018, 01:47:54 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

For me it is better to choose long-term investment, but it is depend on everyone's needs but if you don't have patient you should choose short term investment but if you choose short term you will just earn small if you just need funds you choose short term but if you want a good investment better choose Loong term investment so that you will earn big. If you choose long-term you will not regret what you have earn and waited for.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
April 03, 2018, 12:55:55 AM
It is better to choose a long-term investment, as there will be a lot of false signals on the short-term.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
April 03, 2018, 12:52:39 AM
I think it depends on everyone's needs if you need funds in the short term better choose short-term investments.
but if you can be patient, long-term investments are better for getting the most out
Activity: 406
April 03, 2018, 12:21:14 AM
I think that the cryptocurrency market is much better a long investment. Because with a short holding the price chart practically does not lend itself to technical analysis, which is confirmed by the current situation
Activity: 210
April 02, 2018, 11:49:20 PM
In my opinion, this depends directly on the situation on the market. Because it is a long term or short term investment, both of them has a advantages and disadvantages.
Activity: 273
April 02, 2018, 11:44:01 PM
For me I'll  choose a short term because short term can give you short period of time and you can gain many option for a profit.I learn in trading strategy.
Long term strategy  you should gain largest time and big risk too,just like now  the price is low.
Activity: 504
April 02, 2018, 11:34:24 PM
handle the funds or portfolios I have for investments maybe 30% for the short term and 70% for the long term. why am I putting more money on long-term investments? because I prefer to save for a long time that I will take when I've gotten a lot. and 30% of the funds I use for short-term investments, to minimize losses and increase profits little by little.
Activity: 221
Merit: 1
April 02, 2018, 11:15:20 PM
I only risk about 10% of my investment, I choose which one for long term and short term depend on the coins. If they have a good prospect for long term then I will pick them on long term.
Activity: 269
April 02, 2018, 11:11:55 PM
[/quote
I think it is a good idea to hold btc and eth for longterm. And sell others to buy in more coins and earn more money.
Activity: 397
Merit: 250
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
April 02, 2018, 11:02:06 PM
I thinkk it depends on what coins do you hold and how much money do you want to earn.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
April 02, 2018, 10:56:42 PM

100% long term and I use 30% on short term longs when I see recovery signals.
if you want to hold it for longer, I think you should really understand about the coin, do not invest to its big risk
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
April 02, 2018, 10:55:14 PM

100% long term and I use 30% on short term longs when I see recovery signals.
Pages:
Jump to: