Pages:
Author

Topic: Look at a pirate, eye to eye if you dare. - page 9. (Read 60653 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Awesome stuff guys.

However I am sad that you all seem rather normal, I did expect some guns or crackpipes on the table.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
the glasses to non-glasses ratio is troubling

something something something ponzi

Don't forget occams razor
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
the glasses to non-glasses ratio is troubling

something something something ponzi
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
My money is on Pirate being the woman.
If pirate is there, my money is on pirate being the photographer.

I will take that bet:)

I can already tell you that you have lost the bet because my bro-in-law was taking the photos.  Tongue
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

I will take that bet:)

Me too!

lol at goat in the picture Tongue
donator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1041
Activity: 385
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA classic xD , nice one xD
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Activity: 378
"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."
Thanks to all of you that came and sorry I couldn't spend more time with everyone.  I know a few of you were there and didn't get a chance to meet you.

Here is everyone that showed up.

We will do it again!!!
Activity: 770
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
Howdy,

I'll be in Las Vegas July 27th through July 29th with some of the biggest names in Bitcoin.  If you're in the area drop by and we can all chat.  Contact me for details if you're interested.

P.S. Private security will be present so no fishy business. Tongue

-pirate

Translation: "I am attempting to show that I am credible by using the biggest names in bitcoin to get people to trust me with their bitcoins."

Ding ding ding ding.... bingo...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
If they were at defcon the info is in their badge. Ask for proof.

+1
Activity: 728
If they were at defcon the info is in their badge. Ask for proof.
legendary
Activity: 873
Merit: 1000
And you are still a muckraking asshole.

shoot the messenger!

Activity: 350
As Reeses' identity is fairly well known, this statement, and his credibility, carry some substantial weight with me. As such, if he were to offer a 100% insured PPT that offers 3%, I'd be on board.

At least wait until there has been a delay-free payment from BS&T again. For all I can see, this time all interest payments are delayed, as in still missing.

All I can think of when I read reeses is the quote "I will crappy in your face and then describe unto you the ways to clean my fundament". I see he deleted it along with a whole set of insulting and derailing posts in that bet thread... just like Goat in this. lol -- the "conversation" looks even weirder now, if that's possible.

Aw, diddums.     
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
As Reeses' identity is fairly well known, this statement, and his credibility, carry some substantial weight with me. As such, if he were to offer a 100% insured PPT that offers 3%, I'd be on board.

At least wait until there has been a delay-free payment from BS&T again. For all I can see, this time all interest payments are delayed, as in still missing.

All I can think of when I read reeses is the quote "I will crap in your face and then describe unto you the ways to clean my fundament". I see he deleted it along with a whole set of insulting and derailing posts in that bet thread... just like Goat in this. lol -- the "conversation" looks even weirder now, if that's possible.
Activity: 364
firstbits 1LoCBS
Okay, here's a different question:

Has anyone who isn't affiliated with a pirate pass-through of some sort come forward and said that they met him in Vegas?

I will corroborate the claims of GigaVPS, Burt, etc., that they met me, and transitively, I met a person who may be Pirate and met the reasonable standards of identification of the person most commonly associated with that forum username.  I do not manage a pass-through.

The most level-headed and unambiguous statement in this thread thus far. I feel there was some actual effort made to say something useful that can be taken at face value. Thank you, reeses

Sweet.
Thankyou for going some way towards answering my question rather than attacking me for practising due diligence  Roll Eyes
Well that's something I guess.

Truth is, I'd love to get rates of >5% weekly on my coins, but I have a long-standing policy that if I'm going to give someone serious cash (Let's say, more than a week's pay) then I need enough information that I can either sue them if it all goes wrong or head over to their house with a cricket bat  Wink

While neither of those remedies would work in this case, if I were to offer a PPT or subaccounts, the rates would be much, much lower than those offered by other PPTs.  I would only offer insured deposits, which would necessarily incur costs that would have to be taken from the returns.  Competing with PPTs offering 7% (so a rising tide lifts all boats) would not be possible.  With a tiny bit of actuarial math and market analysis, I'd probably offer terms in the 1%-3% range, possibly rising as the 'premium' covers the principal.  Still a fine return, but you can insure yourself just as easily if you're willing to take the "risk" of 7% and pull your initial deposit.

Others have floated the idea of less-exposed debt instruments, and that would be where my interests would lie.

If you fully insure a PPT at 3% a week starting off, I would invest Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Howdy,

I'll be in Las Vegas July 27th through July 29th with some of the biggest names in Bitcoin.  If you're in the area drop by and we can all chat.  Contact me for details if you're interested.

P.S. Private security will be present so no fishy business. Tongue

-pirate

Translation: "I am attempting to show that I am credible by using the biggest names in bitcoin to get people to trust me with their bitcoins."
Okay, here's a different question:

Has anyone who isn't affiliated with a pirate pass-through of some sort come forward and said that they met him in Vegas?

I will corroborate the claims of GigaVPS, Burt, etc., that they met me, and transitively, I met a person who may be Pirate and met the reasonable standards of identification of the person most commonly associated with that forum username.  I do not manage a pass-through.
Sweet.
Thankyou for going some way towards answering my question rather than attacking me for practising due diligence  Roll Eyes
Well that's something I guess.

Truth is, I'd love to get rates of >5% weekly on my coins, but I have a long-standing policy that if I'm going to give someone serious cash (Let's say, more than a week's pay) then I need enough information that I can either sue them if it all goes wrong or head over to their house with a cricket bat  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: