Pages:
Author

Topic: Lost etherwallet private key? - page 10. (Read 1539 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 100
July 31, 2018, 05:54:56 PM
I have lost my etherium wallet private key.Could any one know how to recover my private key.
Did you ever try to download the keystore/UTC file? If you did then you can use that to log in to your wallet using password and then you can get your private keys back again. If you didn't store the UTC file, then it might be very difficult to gain access to your account again.
Activity: 309
Merit: 0
July 31, 2018, 05:53:32 PM
I really hope you don't have much on the wallet because there is no way to recover a wallet with a lost private key.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 123
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 31, 2018, 05:48:51 PM
I have lost my etherium wallet private key.Could any one know how to recover my private key.

There’s no need trying to recover ur private key
Simply open a new MyEtherWallet account and move your tokens there

Then. Stay safe and clear of phishing sites and apps

He can't actually move his tokens to the new wallet because he doesn't even have access to his out wallet to facilitate such activity. As for OP, You'll have to start all over again by creating a new ETH wallet and use it henceforth for all your activities on Ethereum blockchain. Also ensure you safeguard your new mew private key. I just hope you didn't lose much. Sorry.

Activity: 574
Merit: 2
July 31, 2018, 05:44:06 PM

There’s no need trying to recover ur private key
Simply open a new MyEtherWallet account and move your tokens there

Then. Stay safe and clear of phishing sites and apps
Activity: 471
Merit: 10
QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
July 29, 2018, 07:53:25 PM
This is a sad news for you. Unfortunately nobody can recover your wallet private key for you except you locate it yourself. That is why it's good to always have backups of our keys on both soft and hard copies Better still use a hardware wallet like ledger, trezor and co. I hope you don't have big money in the wallet
copper member
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
July 29, 2018, 04:54:57 PM
MyEtherWallet is not a "web wallet". You do not create an account or give MEW your ETH or tokens to hold onto. MEW is simply an interface that allows you to interact with the Ethereum blockchain.

For security & privacy reasons, no sensitive data is saved, stored, or transmitted when you use MyEtherWallet. They, like anybody else, only have access to the information that is publicly available on the blockchain.

Unfortunately, that means they cannot:

Recover your private key
Access you account
Recover or reset your password
Reverse or cancel transactions
Recover your account
Send your ETH or Tokens from one address to another
There may be a chance that you saved it without realizing it. So, just in case:

Do a full search of your computer for “UTC-“ and see if the private key shows up.
Do a full search of your computer for your address without the 0x at the beginning.
If you know when you created it, look through all files during that time period for any documents that may hold your key or screenshots.
Generate a new wallet via https://www.myetherwallet.com/#generate-wallet and take a look and the different options you may have downloaded or saved. Sometimes that can jog your memory.
In the future, it may be prudent to print out a paper version of your wallet and keep it in multiple physical locations.

I'm really sorry.
Activity: 588
Merit: 104
July 29, 2018, 04:55:13 PM

there is no way to recover the wallet if you forget your private key and did not record it to anywhere. you should check and remember if you noted it somewhere or not. otherwise there is nothing that you can do.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
July 29, 2018, 04:51:12 PM
This is very sad because if you have lost, you will not restore, try to write in support,but not the fact that the am at all it will restore, because why would you prove it,so that the loss is a loss
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
July 29, 2018, 04:49:24 PM
Pages:
Jump to: