Pages:
Author

Topic: Lost etherwallet private key? - page 6. (Read 1539 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
August 01, 2018, 12:00:34 PM
I did not get into similar situations, try to write in support, maybe they can help with this, although it will be very difficult to prove that this is your wallet.
Activity: 451
August 01, 2018, 11:58:07 AM
Unfortunately, it's impossible to recover your private key, it's already told you 'private', nobody have backup, except you, hope your wallet don't have too much assets, so go to create a new address, keep your private key in safe place, recommend create a several backup, you must take care your assets if not nobody can help you
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
August 01, 2018, 11:53:59 AM
I am sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately no,  private key is the only way to access your ETH wallet in myetherwallet. Unless you have the keystore file and remember your password to it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
August 01, 2018, 10:27:29 AM
you should be careful with the private key because if you forget to save and you lose it will be difficult to restore, so you should be able to make this experience a lesson to be more careful
Activity: 630
rocket.hashbon.com
August 01, 2018, 10:18:05 AM
I have lost my etherium wallet private key.Could any one know how to recover my private key.
MyEtherWallet is not a "web wallet". You do not create an account or give MEW your ETH or tokens to hold onto. MEW is simply an interface that allows you to interact with the Ethereum blockchain.

For security & privacy reasons, no sensitive data is saved, stored, or transmitted when you use MyEtherWallet. They, like anybody else, only have access to the information that is publicly available on the blockchain.

Unfortunately, that means they cannot:

Recover your private key
Access you account
Recover or reset your password
Reverse or cancel transactions
Recover your account
Send your ETH or Tokens from one address to another
There may be a chance that you saved it without realizing it. So, just in case:

Do a full search of your computer for “UTC-“ and see if the private key shows up.
Do a full search of your computer for your address without the 0x at the beginning.
If you know when you created it, look through all files during that time period for any documents that may hold your key or screenshots.
Generate a new wallet via https://www.myetherwallet.com/#generate-wallet and take a look and the different options you may have downloaded or saved. Sometimes that can jog your memory.
In the future, it may be prudent to print out a paper version of your wallet and keep it in multiple physical locations.

I'm really sorry.

Very informative, I also have ever read about this thing when creating the MEW at first. i think that if we lost our private key, it is so sad because it means that we cannot restore it, isn't it? But, can we use the keystore?
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
August 01, 2018, 10:10:27 AM
If you haven't lost the "UTC-" extension file that the system created when you first registered to the system, and you have saved it safely, you may have a chance to recover your Etherereum Wallet Account.
Activity: 179
Merit: 1
August 01, 2018, 10:08:03 AM
I have lost my etherium wallet private key.Could any one know how to recover my private key.

A big loss for that, did you know the password?
did you save your keystore file?
i hope you did,if not, well its all gone.
but you can still view it in etherscan Cheesy it will stay there.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”
August 01, 2018, 10:05:52 AM
The restoration of this exchange is useless if you forget it all just forget it. and start working on
Activity: 156
Merit: 0
August 01, 2018, 10:05:18 AM
Once you lost your private key it wouldn't be restored. And it very difficult for someone to lost his/her private key because it only knew to them not anybody else
Activity: 26
August 01, 2018, 10:04:16 AM
find the file you've downloaded when creating the wallet in MeW.
you can use this file to access to your wallet and recover your funds.
 Grin
Activity: 980
Merit: 503
August 01, 2018, 10:01:24 AM
Your private key can not be restored, it's the essence of the cryptocurrency. Nothing can be done without a password.
Activity: 37
August 01, 2018, 10:00:24 AM
If you lose your private key,Unfortunately you are not able recover that and nothing can be done now.  Its your responsibility to back up your private key and keep safe.
Activity: 393
Decentralized Gaming Platform - Play & Earn $
August 01, 2018, 09:59:34 AM
That's one of the important ones as well as the file should not have it because you do not have to recover your wallet better to make your fingernail's back up file and install security for the safety of your coins in your mew.
Activity: 154
August 01, 2018, 09:57:09 AM
I do not think I can recover a mew account that forgot private key. before making sure you are told about the importance of storing private key. this will be very important for the security of your account.
Activity: 238
August 01, 2018, 09:53:19 AM
Yefirium is one of the best crypto currency that I know, I really love it despite all its recessions and so on ... It will always be kept in touch while it's on its positions. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 145
August 01, 2018, 09:52:47 AM
If your private key is lost, then you can't open it. This is a no-solution problem. You only have to work hard to find your private key. If you can't find it, you will lose all the coins in your wallet, so I can't help you.
Activity: 182
August 01, 2018, 09:48:38 AM
if you lost your private to your wallet, there is no way to recover your wallet. it is advisable to create a new wallet, because no one know your private key, only you. so be very careful with your private key.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 270
August 01, 2018, 09:46:19 AM

do you still have his json fil? if not it will not get you back, I think there are many cases this happens due to negligence and not create backup data. this becomes an experience for you in the future.
Activity: 67
August 01, 2018, 09:45:57 AM
How did yous lost it? Did you delete it or your forgot where did you save? I think you must search it on your social media account because some people save it on their social media or in your phone in notes or in desktop that save on it or else find the json/keystore on where did you save it.
Activity: 365
Merit: 100
August 01, 2018, 09:43:05 AM
Sorry to hear this but I am not sure you will be able to recover the key if you have not saved it anywhere r even written it down in a diary. This is your key to access your wallet that is why you are advised to always keep this key very safe and privately.
Pages:
Jump to: