Pages:
Author

Topic: Lost etherwallet private key? - page 9. (Read 1539 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
July 31, 2018, 08:11:33 PM
Like the others have said there is no way to get back your funds once you loose the private key.  I would always make a paper copy and bury it.  This way if there is computer issues your covered. 
Activity: 679
Merit: 102
July 31, 2018, 07:57:39 PM
I have lost my etherium wallet private key.Could any one know how to recover my private key.
No one can recover it if you loose then you must accept that you will not open your wallet unless you have a json file that store your private key it was encrypted with password take a look on thr gadgets that you register the wallet and find if you save the json file if you cannot search it then you will lost everything on your wallet.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
July 31, 2018, 07:56:09 PM
Do you still have the keystore file (UTC / JSON)? you can try to return the private key via JSON. If you've registered for an address recently, you don't have Jason now www.myetherwallet.com not as previously generates json, but if json, json-Format-e password and it can be dangerous for you in the future keep this in mind viruses, Trojans, hackers will have to look.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange
July 31, 2018, 07:50:17 PM
If you have lost your private keys, you can use your key json file and password to access your wallet once again and get back your private, but if you have lost your private and key json file then there is nothing anyone can do about it, your wallet is gone forever, you will have to open another one.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
July 31, 2018, 07:49:41 PM
I have lost my etherium wallet private key.Could any one know how to recover my private key.
Since from the start and ready it during creation of our wallet from Myetherwallet it says we can't recover your private keys anymore once it lost. For the safe keep of it,  it is better to have backup copy for all our wallet addy including keys.
Activity: 277
July 31, 2018, 07:49:10 PM

if you were keep the JSON file,,you still can open your myetherwallet with your json file,,
but, if you only keep your private key,,
i'm sorry to say, just forget your mew
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
July 31, 2018, 07:48:41 PM
how can you lose the private key.? I do not know how to recover private key, I do not think so. be careful in storing something very precious in your life. hopefully this incident makes the lesson for us to be more careful again.
Activity: 597
July 31, 2018, 07:45:28 PM
The private key is the main thing to unlock your wallet. If you lost it, Then you will never use your wallet anymore. There has another Option, Keystore file. Did you download that? If yes then you can unlock your wallet through that keystore file but if you didn't download that then sorry you can't access your wallet anymore.
Activity: 57
July 31, 2018, 07:44:40 PM
Now that's a tricky situation you are in now, no one keeps  back up for private wallet keys, that's your sole responsibility, lose them and you are locked out of your own wallet,  i th there is very little choice left for you in this case, as they cannot be recovered, the only way out is to create a new wallet  and start all over again
Activity: 44
July 31, 2018, 07:43:31 PM
That is unrecoverable but didnt you have any backups? i usually put my keys to mutiple places,notepad,then archived with password and put into my email address,then in a safe flash drive so you have some backups when your computer does f*cked up.If your computer was formatted you can try to recover it using some recovery tool which is cheap but sorry for your losses.
Activity: 364
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
July 31, 2018, 07:31:42 PM
If you lost your private keys it's game over for your wallet and the coins inside your wallet, there is no way to recover or get your private keys, so once you lost it, it's gone and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
July 31, 2018, 07:03:02 PM
What type of wallet do you use?
I think where you should start from- If you use imtokem , or any other app that asks for password hint, you can recover your password through that. Or better still, you can use your mnemonic phrase if you still remember.
Activity: 529
Merit: 251
The Future Of Work
July 31, 2018, 07:00:04 PM
This is absolutely nightmare for any investor. You have to read these things about security when you make a new wallet. If you don't have backup file and you don't remember the password from that file then there is no way. It's very sad but it's true. If you new and not familiar with wallets, choose metamask for convenience(not huge sums) and hard wallets for storing long term offline. As for mobile and web wallets they have a lot of security issues, be careful.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
July 31, 2018, 06:55:09 PM
I guess  you have downloaded the keystore file to back up this situation. The only possible thing for you to open your wallet through use your keystore file and then just open that with your password and then it should be very easy for you to do that dude.
Activity: 392
July 31, 2018, 06:50:21 PM
Oh that kinda frustrating for no way to recover it but if still have the mnemonic phrase you can retrieve it using imtoken app..  But if pk is the only way to access it no way to do so..  That is always advise to keep it, secure it evrytime we are making wallet..  We are the one responsible with that.
Activity: 378
July 31, 2018, 06:39:08 PM
If you lose your private key, then the only way to recover it is to remember where you lost the private key. If you write down the paper, remember where you stored the document. And if you store on the laptop, the search will become much more leisurely.
Activity: 87
July 31, 2018, 06:36:20 PM
i dont think there is any way you can get it back just accept your faith and move on. this is nt the end of you.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
July 31, 2018, 06:13:55 PM
I think it is very difficult to recover because at the beginning of creation we did not provide any personal data or other data that could be used to restore the wallet in case something happened like missing or forgotten keyword unlike when creating email or other account which has many options to recover email as well can use the data we provide to verify
so you better create a new one
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
July 31, 2018, 05:56:47 PM
If you have lost your private key and if you don't have any other way to access your wallet then there is no way to recover private key.
I hope you don't have lots funds in that wallet, only thing you can do right now is to move to create new wallet and be careful next time.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
July 31, 2018, 05:56:14 PM

The general rule here is that once you lost your Private Key to your Ethereum Wallet account then it can be gone forever. I have read somewhere in this forum of someone offering recovery of the Private Keys but am not sure if the service is really genuine or just out there trying to squeeze some money form willing victims. Now, having said that, this is the best reason why we have to be careful and be responsible for the PK as losing it means you just said goodbye to all coins and tokens inside the wallet. Just be extra careful next time and keep a copy of the PK somewhere where even fire could not decimate it.
Pages:
Jump to: