Pages:
Author

Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast - page 18. (Read 368517 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.
I am sure we all appreciate your vote of confidence and your moral support. Thank you.

The new team looks very good so far. Vicvelcro, Ghost and Bitcoin Boy have all been consistently helpful and appear sensible and honest people who consider other peoples situations well.

Indeed. This would be much more of a problem if he were in opposition - maybe even impossible. So thanks to Litecoindark too.

I also like Litecoindark's comment about helping to move forward with the new devs.

Can't exactly deal the the Gen 2 problem with everything in disarray. Future Gen 2 still looks viable to me, but the recent shake-up sets that back quite a bit (just my guess). So, it will probably depend on how motivated the new crew is regarding Gen 2 and the productivity of whoever does the coding.

Can anyone shed light on how to approach the 2 Gen situation? E.g how will the loss of that be accounted for with the new look? Just ideas for now.
People need to review this.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9607485

And then start speaking up. We need more nominations before we can call a vote.

Because of the expediency needed to get SOMETHING in place, I'm thinking that if we can't call a vote in 24 hours - current devs should be asked to SELECT the interim committee. Right now, that would be Robbert, Xircom, and TrollbyFire. TrollbyFire has been absent - which likely leaves it to Robbert and Xircom. Then the interim appointees could still proceed, allowing a larger window of time to get some permanency in place.

However, that puts a very heavy load on the interim appointees.
Activity: 232
The new team looks very good so far. Vicvelcro, Ghost and Bitcoin Boy have all been consistently helpful and appear sensible and honest people who consider other peoples situations well.

I also like Litecoindark's comment about helping to move forward with the new devs.

It seems things just unfortunately fell apart with the old team. Not all failures are scams.

On the bright side the new team could bring the price back up sharply with their honest ambition. That's a rare commodity in crypto for one person to have let alone 3 or 4.

Can anyone shed light on how to approach the 2 Gen situation? E.g how will the loss of that be accounted for with the new look? Just ideas for now.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Well, with Armory, there are several possibilities. I'm thinking a 5 or 7 sig wallet with 3/5 or 4/7 sigs to authorize EACH outbound transfer.

So, 5 Signer slots, 2 nominations (you and aleckloss), leaves at least 3 slots still open.

Nominee List Updated
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9607485

Cool, I'm happy to be an extra Signer then... May be a bit tricky if one of us passes away though hahaha
Cool, I'm happy to be an extra Signer then... May be a bit tricky if one of us passes away though hahaha
Indeed. Way too soon to be throwing accusations of FRAUD around. Please everyone take a deep breath and let this move forward instead of backward and sideways.

1. The premine is missing and APPEARS to have been sold. No proof yet, but strong suspicion.

2. Troll is in absentia and incommunicado, Xircom and Robbert are reportedly resigning - I am waiting for confirmation directly from them.

Sorry I'm a bit late to the recent party but to clarify can we safely say that:

1) The pre-mine has all been sold off? (Hence the sell walls for the past month).

2) The devs are all now strangely deciding to disappear soon afterwards?

Or is it something completely unrelated?

"IF" this turns out to be an elaborate scam of some kind, I'm all for following up with some kind of court action over fraud.

Not accusing yet, but people aren't doing much to allay suspicions.

True, it just passed my mind since this has all come as a shock to me. Maybe the devs just lost their way and gave up.

Bitcoin Operated Boy seems like a trustworthy replacement in the meantime.
*NOTED*
Committee refers to temporary appointments.
Dev refers to permanent appointments.

In regard to Wallet Signer - there should be several signers. There are several open positions still to be filled.

I will update my previous post which lists the nominees when you have decided to accept or decline as a Signer. I will remove your nominations for the other two.

WHO'S WHO

Currently Recognized on Wall of Fame
------------------------------------
TrollbyFire - Dev - in absentia
LitecoinDark - Dev - ?resigning?
Xircon - Dev - resigning
TonyHill - Forum
Ghost55 - Reddit
voodoo1967 - Reddit
aleckloss - Reddit
Mothermole1 - nothing specified
FireRabbit - nothing specified

Not on Wall of Fame
-------------------
vicvelcro - Reddit

I do not know who has the following: git, blockchain, website

If anybody sees any errors or omissions they can provide info about, please let me know and I will update this post.

There are empty seats that need nominees. Please review below.

Current Nominations
-------------------
(in this order)
(nominee - position(s) - nominated by who)
aleckloss - PR Manager / Web Dev - Bitcoin Operated Boy
aleckloss - Website and Forum Admin / PR - Ghost55
aleckloss - Wallet Signer - vicvelcro
vicvelcro - Dev Team / Wallet Holder (but not yet nominated as signer) - Ghost55 and Bitcoin Operated Boy
Ghost55 - Thread Moderator - Bitcoin Operated Boy
Bitcoin Operated Boy - PR / Committee - mamamae
Bitcoin Operated Boy - Wallet Signer - vicvelcro
*I am unclear if DEV and COMMITTEE mean the same thing or if they are different things entirely - somebody clarify this please

Nominations to be NULL and VOID
--------------------------------
Xircom - PR - because he is allegedly resigning
Robbert - Committee Chairman / Core Dev - because he is allegedly resigning

It seems all correct to me.

What I meant by committee was the temporary committee idea you came up with (board?)

Will you be accepting or declining nomination for the following? :
PR - by mamamae
Board - by mamamae
Wallet Signer - by vicvelcro

I'm sorry but I have to decline first and second. Of course it doean't mean that I won't try my best to come up and help with ideas for PR.

About Wallet Signer. I thought you already offered this position to Alec?

WHO'S WHO

TrollbyFire - Dev - in absentia
LitecoinDark - Dev - ?resigning?
Xircon - Dev - resigning
TonyHill - Forum
Ghost55 - Reddit
voodoo1967 - Reddit
aleckloss - Reddit

Not on Wall of Fame
-------------------
vicvelcro - Reddit

I do not know who has the following: git, blockchain, website

If anybody sees any errors or omissions they can provide info about, please let me know and I will update this post.

There are empty seats that need nominees. Please review below.

Current Nominations
-------------------
(in this order)
aleckloss - Website and Forum Admin / PR - Ghost55
vicvelcro - Dev Team / Wallet Holder (but not yet nominated as signer) - Ghost55 and Bitcoin Operated Boy
Bitcoin Operated Boy - PR / Committee - mamamae
*I am unclear if DEV and COMMITTEE mean the same thing or if they are different things entirely - somebody clarify this please

Xircom - PR - because he is allegedly resigning
Robbert - Committee Chairman / Core Dev - because he is allegedly resigning

It seems all correct to me.

What I meant by committee was the temporary committee idea you came up with (board?)

PR - by mamamae
Board - by mamamae

I'm sorry but I have to decline first and second. Of course it doean't mean that I won't try my best to come up and help with ideas for PR.

About Wallet Signer. I thought you already offered this position to Alec?
Indeed. Way too soon to be throwing accusations of FRAUD around. Please everyone take a deep breath and let this move forward instead of backward and sideways.

1. The premine is missing and APPEARS to have been sold. No proof yet, but strong suspicion.

2. Troll is in absentia and incommunicado, Xircom and Robbert are reportedly resigning - I am waiting for confirmation directly from them.

1) The pre-mine has all been sold off? (Hence the sell walls for the past month).

"IF" this turns out to be an elaborate scam of some kind, I'm all for following up with some kind of court action over fraud.

Activity: 154
Dear Community,

I can confirm that I will step back as main dev and handle it over to the new team. At this point I Will like to see that Litecoindark comes in good hands. I will keep helping the new team where is needed.

The new team can use the existing webserver, domain, cloudflare, irc, contacts and social media. In order to keep the POD5+ I Will keep in control of the Github and Litecoindark btct account. Updates om the code can be done by a github pull request.

First I think it is immportant to have a new main dev who is managing the project. I Will
Handle all information over to this person. Also I Will make a silence partner contract with the new main dev in order to secur the future of LitecoinDark.

When the community have decided the new main dev I Will make a call by Skype with him to discus Some point.

Regards,

Robbert

I have sent an email to get an affirmation or disaffirmation of https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9606976

When I receive a response, I will post about the status.

--EDIT--

Litecoindark has responded directly in the forum instead of private email to me. Please see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9607614
PR - by mamamae
Board - by mamamae

ok the world is moving again thanks , bitcoin operated guy
a place in the PR or in any position of the board must be
for you , my gratitute for everything you have done.
thanks ,
this is an idea proposed to me for the community to evaluate:

have you thought about possibly putting
the premine/wallet with funds into an escrow?

i lost contacts with some of my escrow so i can't do nothing
but with multisig we are covered at least .

Thanks for thinking about me

I don't think I have done that much.
Also I don't think I have skills required for such postion.
I am utterly disorganised person, although I enjoy supporting others...
I rather stay and enjoy the position of support I have got now ;-)

Certainly, you have already proved to have good PR and organization skills. You coulb be a member of committee with Alec and Vic
WHO'S WHO

TrollbyFire - Dev - in absentia and incommunicado
LitecoinDark - Dev and Chairman - RESIGNING Chairman (this is confirmed pending finalized handover to successor (vicvelcro appointed successor))
Xircom - Dev - Huh resigning Huh
TonyHill - Forum - disposition and status currently unknown
Ghost55 - Reddit - current
voodoo1967 - Reddit - current
aleckloss - Reddit - current

Not on Wall of Fame
-------------------
vicvelcro - Appointed Dev Chairman (currently in process of being finalized), Reddit, ChangeOver co-ordinator - current

Litecoindark has and currently will retain ultimate control of git, blockchain, website but will make them available to the team for the continuance of LTCD

Current Nominations
-------------------
(in this order)
aleckloss - Website and Forum Admin - Ghost55
vicvelcro - Wallet Holder - Ghost55 and Bitcoin Operated Boy
vicvelcro - Wallet Signer - aleckloss

Bitcoin Operated Boy - PR / Committee - because he respectully declines due to personal time constraints
thanks ,

Thanks for thinking about me

I don't think I have done that much.
Also I don't think I have skills required for such postion.
I am utterly disorganised person, although I enjoy supporting others...
I rather stay and enjoy the position of support I have got now ;-)

Certainly, you have already proved to have good PR and organization skills. You coulb be a member of committee with Alec and Vic
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
thanks ,

I accept the nomination to be a dev.
A reminder, I have also been nominated to hold at least the dev wallet and be a signer.

I bought a laptop, some RAM, and an SSD today - specifically to hold the wallet completely separate from anything else. I also bought a couple of USB sticks to keep backup wallet copies in case of hardware failure. I will make a video of the laptop getting the upgrades installed, the installation of Bitcoin wallet, and installation of LTCD wallet.

I propose that Armory be used for creating the address for Bitcoin and for the multisig support. If this is fine, I will install Armory, create the address, encrypt it (copies of password will be provided to devs once these have been finalized), and the wallet will be immediately backed up in a manner that allows for perpetual recovery (read about it on Armory webpage, it's very cool, I use this for my own wallets), copies of the backup will be provided to devs once they have been selected.

If another person is chosen to hold the wallets, I will immediately transfer everything to the new designee and will provide video proof that any remaining backups or paper copies in my possession are destroyed. In such a situation, allow a small window of time for me to record, encode, and upload any video.

Regarding your opinion about transparency - I wholly agree. I intend to post some verifiable information shortly. I will also privately provide my geographic address and direct telephone number to devs and committee members with the provision that those NEVER get posted publicly.

I don't have much in the way of social media. I was a MySpace junkie back in the day. I do have a Facebook that I use, but only a few times a month. I've got a long history in several forums. I can be found using Google search, but I've been careful about maintaining my privacy over the years, so you'll see I've been around and have not changed my online identity but you won't likely find many photos or my phone number spread all over the place. But I've been me for decades.

Atm, Alec Kloss is a candidate and I also mentioned VicVelcro as 2nd dev, because he seems to have good management skills and he rapidly and coherently pushes things through once he arrives at decision.

Robbert agrees with me that both Alec and Vic should be candidates.
Of course, if Vic agrees.

(Also, in my opinion it would be great if Vic made himself more transaprent like Alec did (Twitter, Google info etc ) )

Sounds great and super organised. Thanks for sacrificing your own resources to keep it all secure

Alec has got me on Twatter if you need it.

Maybe we can find someone here for POS   http://www.toptal.com/

Thanks for an idea.
You could find out if they have devs experienced in crypto...

see here
http://www.toptal.com/pos 

I see. It may be a solution. Lets wait for responses from other devs first and then we will see ;-)
Pages:
Jump to: