Pages:
Author

Topic: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. WTF? - page 2. (Read 49322 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 27, 2014, 01:49:54 AM
"If the "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash. Why isn't the whole damn plane made of that shit?"

I think the black boxes that were in the planes that crashed into the WTS were completely destroyed. Not that it would have made a difference anyway.

By special parachutes do you mean for the plane itself or for the passengers inside?
Both would be nice. I mean, shoot, do you want to die with the plane crashing in the ocean(provided the parachutes on the plane itself didn't work or not much) or do you want to land in the ocean safely with a parachute.

Of course there are other scenarios, staying too much in the water would result in irreversible damage to your skin, unless you get eaten by a shark prior to that or simply dying from hypothermia.

As for pressure and altitude, I am not familiar with those to give other conditions where the parachute idea might fail.

You can't parachute out of a plane for several reasons. It's just not feasble in pretty much every instance. You can't even open cabin doors due to cabin pressure. Jets just arent made to be jumped out of. Anyone jumping out of one anyway would likely just get sucked into the jet engines or go smashing into the tail section.

If I remember correctly, there was a person who jumped out of a plane with a parachute back in the 50's or 60's. He had a gun and stole something like a million dollars and hasn't been seen since. He didn't use a normal door though. Rather, he jumped from a door at the back of the plane.

And I believe it is possible for the captain to depressurize the cabin too if required. Once a captain forgot to turn this switch on and as the plane took off, everyone inside slowly passed out. Happened in Greece I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

Yup, that's the one. Seems like it was a bomb rather than a gun however. My mistake.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
July 27, 2014, 01:34:16 AM
"If the "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash. Why isn't the whole damn plane made of that shit?"

I think the black boxes that were in the planes that crashed into the WTS were completely destroyed. Not that it would have made a difference anyway.

By special parachutes do you mean for the plane itself or for the passengers inside?
Both would be nice. I mean, shoot, do you want to die with the plane crashing in the ocean(provided the parachutes on the plane itself didn't work or not much) or do you want to land in the ocean safely with a parachute.

Of course there are other scenarios, staying too much in the water would result in irreversible damage to your skin, unless you get eaten by a shark prior to that or simply dying from hypothermia.

As for pressure and altitude, I am not familiar with those to give other conditions where the parachute idea might fail.

You can't parachute out of a plane for several reasons. It's just not feasble in pretty much every instance. You can't even open cabin doors due to cabin pressure. Jets just arent made to be jumped out of. Anyone jumping out of one anyway would likely just get sucked into the jet engines or go smashing into the tail section.

If I remember correctly, there was a person who jumped out of a plane with a parachute back in the 50's or 60's. He had a gun and stole something like a million dollars and hasn't been seen since. He didn't use a normal door though. Rather, he jumped from a door at the back of the plane.

And I believe it is possible for the captain to depressurize the cabin too if required. Once a captain forgot to turn this switch on and as the plane took off, everyone inside slowly passed out. Happened in Greece I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper
Activity: 406
July 27, 2014, 01:26:46 AM

Activity: 601
Merit: 500
Vote 4fryn :)
July 26, 2014, 01:46:46 PM

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
July 26, 2014, 12:38:15 PM
The plane would not be able to fly. It would be a giant tank with wings, wings that are pointless.

The passengers of the plane would also likely die regardless in the event of a crash because of the shock impact.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
July 26, 2014, 07:05:28 AM

I think that they don't include, or certainly advertise parachutes in planes on the basis that it is essentially suggesting that there is a reasonable chance of a disaster, rather than as a safety measure. Furthermore, the vast majority of passengers won't know how to deploy a parachute correctly, there would be a scramble and other disasters.

Of course, in the horrific scenario whereby the plane you are on is going down you would surely do anything for even a chance to survive, but I think that there isn't a good case for putting parachutes on commercial planes.

Aviation safety is still fantastic, and fatalities are as low as ever, despite the recent tragedies. A lot of these scenarios can be avoided with reasonable measures.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
July 26, 2014, 06:59:07 AM

lol for the same reason cars are no longer built like tanks. Engineers discovered in the 70's/80's that their much better off making cars with 'crumple zones' to take the shock of impact. In the case of the black box, firstly, it is not located on the outside of an airplane but is surrounded by other material to absorb impact of a crash, and secondly I read somewhere they are encased in an impact absorbing housing. Even then they can still suffer damage.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
July 26, 2014, 06:44:49 AM

legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
July 26, 2014, 06:20:44 AM
legendary
July 26, 2014, 03:39:31 AM
Even if the plane was made of super durable material that would not break during a crash, the shock would be absorbed by the passengers inside, and they would still die.

But if there were some special parachutes designed to open if the plane was falling to reduce the shock(provided the parachutes themselves don't get damaged), it could help significantly.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Whatever you do, take care of your shoes.
July 26, 2014, 03:25:56 AM
Because of weight?

Think I heard George Carlin said this.
legendary
July 26, 2014, 02:37:41 AM
Because of weight?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Whatever you do, take care of your shoes.
July 26, 2014, 01:59:26 AM
legendary
July 26, 2014, 01:34:12 AM
Looks like apart from the Air Algeria plane, another plane from Taiwan went missing as well. Three plane accidents in 8 days.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
July 25, 2014, 01:52:51 PM
I dont understand how in this day and age a Boeing 777 can drop out of the sky and leave no clues as to where it is.

I see a bunch of speculation from the news agencies regarding the Iranian passengers who used stolen passports to board the plane bla bla bla.

I wonder if its possible that the plane was hijacked, and then was flown low enough as to not appear on radar and landed in some hatred filled country. Like North Korea for example.

Is this possible?

Anyone here have any ideas on what might have happened here. I fly a lot and its beyond me that this can happen.

and now malaysia airline fell again in the Russian border.
What is new speculation of government malaysia?

yeah possible hi jack is the main reason why it cant be found maybe they destroy the radar or something to be not able to trace the plane it involve a lot of money maybe million or billion i dunno

the Malaysian plane has been confirmed to cost: $320 million. BTC509,900

Lol.. Wish i had BTC509k
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
July 25, 2014, 10:06:39 AM
And another plane was shot, this time Air Algerie, coincidentally the flight was AH5017. e.g the 17.

It wasn't shot. It (most likely) crashed due to a thunderstorm.

edit: link: http://rt.com/news/175264-algeria-plane-crash-ah5017/
Activity: 266
if you want something do something!!!
July 25, 2014, 09:37:13 AM
And another plane was shot, this time Air Algerie, coincidentally the flight was AH5017. e.g the 17.

Have you a source for this? I havent even heard it being shot down mentioned.

they said that its only a plane crash and nobody said that it was shoot by some terrorist etc
do you have any proof of what you have said?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
July 25, 2014, 06:32:21 AM

Have you a source for this? I havent even heard it being shot down mentioned.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
July 25, 2014, 01:35:04 AM

I know, it's getting crazy now.. but it's not for sure it was shot yet.. Is it?
legendary
July 25, 2014, 01:31:38 AM
Pages:
Jump to: