Pages:
Author

Topic: Manny Pacquiao Might Fight Golovkin - page 8. (Read 1436 times)

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
June 08, 2020, 07:05:45 PM

If this fight happen, who is your bet?

Both professional boxer.
Both absolutely still an explosive boxer.
Both last fight won.
How about you consider that Manny Pacquiao is the only 8 world division champion? What I'm afraid for Pacquiao is his speed, his last fight I notice that he is not speed as he was 3 to 4 years ago maybe that's one of factor to consider also but it's middleweight and triple G is not that quick also in the ring, all he got is a power punches which I think Pacquiao could easily dodge and hold, he fought Thurman which is a lot taller than him, triple G is thicker in body size so we'll really see if this happens.
Manny is not as fast as he was in the past since he has already aged, but if you look at his recent fights where he won, you can see the maturity, he is not as aggressive as he was before but he is smarter now because his defense has improve a lot. He knows how to win a fight and that is the most important for any boxer.

It would be hard to say for now and I wonder who's odd will favor. Cheesy
They both in not ideal age for boxing, that's what I think so I'm just basing my favor for who has the most experience in boxing, most number of main event fights ( handling pressure from crowd ) Still Manny Pacquiao for me.
There will be no heavy favorite in this fight as this is more like an even fight, like a Thurman vs Pacman fight.
We can take a look on his previous fight odds.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2844606-pacquiao-vs-thurman-odds-projected-winner-and-prize-money-purse

Activity: 1918
Merit: 370
June 08, 2020, 04:15:49 PM

Both professional boxer.
Both last fight won.
How about you consider that Manny Pacquiao is the only 8 world division champion? What I'm afraid for Pacquiao is his speed, his last fight I notice that he is not speed as he was 3 to 4 years ago maybe that's one of factor to consider also but it's middleweight and triple G is not that quick also in the ring, all he got is a power punches which I think Pacquiao could easily dodge and hold, he fought Thurman which is a lot taller than him, triple G is thicker in body size so we'll really see if this happens.

They both in not ideal age for boxing, that's what I think so I'm just basing my favor for who has the most experience in boxing, most number of main event fights ( handling pressure from crowd ) Still Manny Pacquiao for me.

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101
June 08, 2020, 04:00:27 PM
I read this news today.

https://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pacquiao-fight-golovkin-freddie-roach-says--149298

What do you think about this fight, Manny seems like to break his current record to be the ninth division champion.

At the age of 41, Roach said Pacquiao could be eyeing a title in a record ninth division against one of boxing’s all-time great middleweights.

I know Manny is old and not young anymore, but I see Manny is a hard worker, of course, I will choose to bet for Manny's victory if this fight happens
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
June 08, 2020, 03:10:44 PM
As a Filipino, I hope Manny wins the fight if ever the fight plan materialized.  But as we all know, a fight between two great boxers is unpredictable.  So I think the one who has a much better assessment of his opponent will win.  But in case Golovkin has to lose weight to fight Manny, I think Manny will have a little advantage over Golovkin but that is not an assurance of victory for Manny of course.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
June 08, 2020, 02:27:25 PM
Just want to add one point. Even if this fight goes ahead (despite the huge gap in weight), don't expect any fireworks from either of the two. Both the fighters are well past their fame and I strongly suspect that they are trying to earn a few million USD, to boost their retirement savings. Unlike the case with their previous fights, both GGG and Manny don't hold any bad blood against each other.

@Vishnu.Reang I don’t think that this match will actually take place this year, because Manny suddenly can’t weight up to match Golovkin weights, and the only way this match can take place is if both agree to a middle weight match, but again the possibility of this is less. Furthermore Golovkin has his trilogy matches to complete against Canelo, hence he’ll focus more on those matches, but if anyone has any confirmation about this match do post below because I couldn’t find anything about it online.

Source:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-8392123/Manny-Pacquiao-vs-Gennady-Golovkin-Q-Sportsmail-answer-key-questions-potential-super-fight.html

Oh.. OK.. For a moment I forgot about Golovkin's 3rd fight versus Canelo. I watched both the matches where GGG fought against Canelo (online live streaming), and in both cases I lost some amount betting for GGG. There was a lot of controversy surrounding the results. GGG was at the receiving end due to biased scoring (especially by Adalaide Byrd during the first one), and he will be looking to extract revenge.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 589
June 08, 2020, 01:53:42 PM

The fight would be awesome if it happen.
When the two professional boxers fight in one ring it will be difficult to make a choice, I'm sure you have the name of choice for betting, my choice is Manny Pacquiao because of the right punch and accuracy and really likes his fighting style that never gives up.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
June 08, 2020, 01:33:46 PM
Just want to add one point. Even if this fight goes ahead (despite the huge gap in weight), don't expect any fireworks from either of the two. Both the fighters are well past their fame and I strongly suspect that they are trying to earn a few million USD, to boost their retirement savings. Unlike the case with their previous fights, both GGG and Manny don't hold any bad blood against each other.

@Vishnu.Reang I don’t think that this match will actually take place this year, because Manny suddenly can’t weight up to match Golovkin weights, and the only way this match can take place is if both agree to a middle weight match, but again the possibility of this is less. Furthermore Golovkin has his trilogy matches to complete against Canelo, hence he’ll focus more on those matches, but if anyone has any confirmation about this match do post below because I couldn’t find anything about it online.

Source:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-8392123/Manny-Pacquiao-vs-Gennady-Golovkin-Q-Sportsmail-answer-key-questions-potential-super-fight.html
asu
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1136
June 08, 2020, 01:26:24 PM

Both professional boxer.
Both last fight won.

The fight would be awesome if it happen.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
June 08, 2020, 12:42:08 PM
Activity: 1190
Merit: 568
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
June 08, 2020, 11:26:50 AM
If there's a rematch between the two, Mayweather would still remain the favorite of the fight, despite being inactive for awhile now, that's unquestionable.
We're not sure about that Wink. For sure his charisma to the audience is decreasing, because like what you've said, he doesn't have a fight for quite a long time. While on the other hand, Manny keeps on building his legacy which ables him to attracts more supporters. But to be honest, if they will have a rematch in the future I'm still not sure whether Manny can take his revenge. Mayweather's Shoulder Roll seems impenetrable.

As for me, I believe it will still be one of the big payday of Pacman once the game is on for the rematch.
Mayweather as an undefeated and one of the best boxer in the history of sports will still able to sell a fight, man, they know how to hype a fight, and based on personal experience, I've said many times in the past that I would not watch Mayweather's fight again as it's boring but I still end up watching it, for sure some people can relate to my experience, and just to prove my confidence on the fight, I'll bet with you that it's gonna be a big payday fight for both.
Yeah that's right. If you will ask me, I will choose Many Pacman Pacquiao not just because he is my fellow Filipino men but because I know he can win this fight because nothing is impossible for him and he will fight for his belt as long as he can.
June 08, 2020, 06:42:18 AM
If there's a rematch between the two, Mayweather would still remain the favorite of the fight, despite being inactive for awhile now, that's unquestionable.
We're not sure about that Wink. For sure his charisma to the audience is decreasing, because like what you've said, he doesn't have a fight for quite a long time. While on the other hand, Manny keeps on building his legacy which ables him to attracts more supporters. But to be honest, if they will have a rematch in the future I'm still not sure whether Manny can take his revenge. Mayweather's Shoulder Roll seems impenetrable.

As for me, I believe it will still be one of the big payday of Pacman once the game is on for the rematch.
Mayweather as an undefeated and one of the best boxer in the history of sports will still able to sell a fight, man, they know how to hype a fight, and based on personal experience, I've said many times in the past that I would not watch Mayweather's fight again as it's boring but I still end up watching it, for sure some people can relate to my experience, and just to prove my confidence on the fight, I'll bet with you that it's gonna be a big payday fight for both.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
June 08, 2020, 06:18:47 AM
If we say the last fight of Manny, there are rounds in the fight that Manny has struggled when he is pressurd and I think GGG is bigger and stronger than Thurman, so this is definitely an interesting fight.
Indeed and I believe he can defy this odds. I think Manny should use to GGG the technique he used to beat Margarito before because they almost got the same height. His speed could be his trump card as we know that he got the reach disadvantage Smiley
Activity: 3164
Merit: 660
Live with peace and enjoy life!
June 08, 2020, 05:42:45 AM
Hopefully this match can be realized, I am among those who always follow every match Manny Pacquiao.

I'm looking forward for this fight to realized always, at least we will see a good fight before Manny will retire.
This fight IMHO is undoubtedly going to be one of the best fights of Manny in his career, he is going to face a caliber boxer here which what he wants to engage.

GGG is like a raging bull which is fit for the style of Manny, he like a fighter that would fight him toe to toe and GGG would give him that anytime.
If we say the last fight of Manny, there are rounds in the fight that Manny has struggled when he is pressurd and I think GGG is bigger and stronger than Thurman, so this is definitely an interesting fight.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 117
June 08, 2020, 05:06:56 AM
Hopefully this match can be realized, I am among those who always follow every match Manny Pacquiao. And its advantages there is
a very high determination, although the age of Manny Pacquiao is not young anymore but the spirit is still high. Then for Golovkin who
has a higher posture, of course the reach of his punch must be further than Manny Pacquiao. I think Manny Pacquiao will win this boxing
match, with an unyielding spirit I'm sure Manny Pacquiao will overwhelm Golovkin. And the scary thing about Manny Pacquiao is that his
fists are very hard, this makes me sure Manny Pacquiao will definitely win.
June 08, 2020, 04:43:52 AM
I love to see Manny back on the ring but considering his age gap for GGG, I'm not really sure he will win.
With his current position as a senator in our country, he is probably out in good shape as a boxer and that could bring him a lesser chance to win for another fight especially when we are talking about fighting with big names in boxing just like GGG.  
Both of them are having an impressive fight. If they'll have a chance to face each other, of course, I will still put my bet to Manny.
So do I, with the chance to see Pacman fighting again, much bigger name / opponent placing bets on him, also serves as showing support.
I will be glad to give him this credit since he really brings pride to the country and this sport.
With his age and with his busy schedule, coming up to this fight means more complex preparations, additional sparring drills, and lengthy
trainings.
He still has everything, the speed, strength and stamina. He just needs to focus on this fight because age is just a number.

If he is not Manny Pacquiao I guess I will vote for Golovkin but It's Pacquiao this man has done amazing things in the past and the only one boxer in the world who has the 8th Division Championship. Absolutely, My bet is for Pacquiao. The opponent is younger and Pacquiao is the one who adjusted in these weights divisions. Yeah, I have some uncertainty but it does not matter All in for Pacquiao.  Cheesy

But remember mate that Manny lose one of His fight because He is the one who adjusted so there are some things that we might considering before favoring Pacquiao in this fight.
What fight are you referring, is it the fight against Mayweather? If that is exactly what you meant, then there's no doubt that Mayweather was the better fighter, his style made him undisputed in boxing though he wasn't really as entertaining like Manny Pacquiao. If there's a rematch between the two, Mayweather would still remain the favorite of the fight, despite being inactive for awhile now, that's unquestionable.

Yeah we already seen His skills and ability but with His age?i maybe neutral un this Event.

His age is not a big factor in this fight, Manny is not old at 41 years old while GGG is already 38 years old, just 3 years gap compared to Manny's last fight.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
June 08, 2020, 04:29:48 AM
I love to see Manny back on the ring but considering his age gap for GGG, I'm not really sure he will win.
With his current position as a senator in our country, he is probably out in good shape as a boxer and that could bring him a lesser chance to win for another fight especially when we are talking about fighting with big names in boxing just like GGG.  
Both of them are having an impressive fight. If they'll have a chance to face each other, of course, I will still put my bet to Manny.
So do I, with the chance to see Pacman fighting again, much bigger name / opponent placing bets on him, also serves as showing support.
I will be glad to give him this credit since he really brings pride to the country and this sport.
With his age and with his busy schedule, coming up to this fight means more complex preparations, additional sparring drills, and lengthy
trainings.
He still has everything, the speed, strength and stamina. He just needs to focus on this fight because age is just a number.

If he is not Manny Pacquiao I guess I will vote for Golovkin but It's Pacquiao this man has done amazing things in the past and the only one boxer in the world who has the 8th Division Championship. Absolutely, My bet is for Pacquiao. The opponent is younger and Pacquiao is the one who adjusted in these weights divisions. Yeah, I have some uncertainty but it does not matter All in for Pacquiao.  Cheesy

But remember mate that Manny lose one of His fight because He is the one who adjusted so there are some things that we might considering before favoring Pacquiao in this fight.

Yeah we already seen His skills and ability but with His age?i maybe neutral un this Event.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
June 08, 2020, 03:39:29 AM
I have been waiting for His next Fight so if this will be happening this year?then i have saved my betting amount for Him.
I don't think it will happen this year. I've heard on the TV news last Saturday (as a far as I remember) that Bob Arum is very optimistic for Pacquiao vs Crawford to happen before this year ends. Here's a reference that you can read: https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/06/crawford-vs-pacquiao-possible-for-bahrain-in-2020/

So most probably his fight against GGG would happen next year.
[snip]
Yeah this is the problem if Manny needs to adjust.this can be disadvantage in His part but i am still believe in Manny's capacity to win in His fight.
Oh yes! I still do believe that Manny can pull this off. It's undeniable that he is old but let's not forget that he is not an ordinary old man Wink. He can beat younger fighters despite of his age.

Pacquiao is the underdog in this match. So he must work harder because the reward in the end is very promising  — breaking his own record. I now excited for this!
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
June 08, 2020, 01:47:53 AM
I read this news today.

https://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pacquiao-fight-golovkin-freddie-roach-says--149298

What do you think about this fight, Manny seems like to break his current record to be the ninth division champion.

At the age of 41, Roach said Pacquiao could be eyeing a title in a record ninth division against one of boxing’s all-time great middleweights.

I am for Manny Pacquaio in this match.

I have been waiting for His next Fight so if this will be happening this year?then i have saved my betting amount for Him.

Yeah this is the problem if Manny needs to adjust.this can be disadvantage in His part but i am still believe in Manny's capacity to win in His fight.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
June 07, 2020, 02:32:23 PM
Their age is both good to match up, Pacquiao still wants to fight and Golovkin is almost 40 as well. Both of them are pressure fighters and I think this is gonna be a good fight so why did it take so long for them to arrange to fight against each other when it should have been done while they were younger.  Golovkin has the advantage, a little younger and I'm not checking it but probably a reach advantage too.

Pacquiao had been fighting with bigger opponents before and he had a way to beat them all, its going to be uncertain when facing this beast. Getting near Pacquaio however, is Golovkin defeat. He had to be careful when getting closer to Pacquiao.

This fight has a higher chance to happen than the Pacquaio VS Mayweather Fight. I think this can be the last fight of Manny Pacquiao win or lose. Even though he still has the passion and skills to fight, he needs to give the spotlight to the youngest fighter and end his legacy here. If he managed to win, then his professional boxing record would be the most difficult record to beat in the entire boxing history. to complete it all to 10 different weight class division is way too impossible, 9 is would be good for him.

Wiki page tells us that he is the only one with eight different weight divisions.

In boxing, an Octuple champion is a boxer who has won major world titles in eight different weight classes. Manny Pacquiao is the only boxer to win twelve major world titles in eight different weight divisions.

He is on the losing side if Golovkin will take the advice of Floyd. Floyd has the only equation that can outmaneuver Pacquiao which is why he was lost, the running frustrates Pacquiao. This is a fair fight but then Golovkin knowing how he fights might not ever survive if he maintains a close distance to Pacquiao. So he'll probably also use his reach advantage.

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162
June 07, 2020, 01:44:56 PM
If he is not Manny Pacquiao I guess I will vote for Golovkin but It's Pacquiao this man has done amazing things in the past and the only one boxer in the world who has the 8th Division Championship. Absolutely, My bet is for Pacquiao. The opponent is younger and Pacquiao is the one who adjusted in these weights divisions. Yeah, I have some uncertainty but it does not matter All in for Pacquiao.  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: