Pages:
Author

Topic: Manny Pacquiao Might Fight Golovkin - page 9. (Read 1436 times)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 425
June 07, 2020, 01:32:32 PM
>>Manny Pacquiao vs Golovkin (Proposed)

Manny Pacquiao is campaigning at 147 lbs while GGG at 160 lbs. Manny is 41 years old and GGG is 38. Both fighters are on a downhill of their career.

IMO, even if the fight will take place at 154 lbs, Manny would still lose as GGG will be too big for him though a little slower than Manny but he is a heavy puncher and a single punch from him would slow down Manny. I'm a Pacman fan and personally i don't want this fight to happen as this would damage Manny's health.
This is the real take on this match up, Manny Pacquiao is not a match up for Gennady Golovkin because of the size difference and there is nothing left to prove for Manny Pacquiao at 41 years of age. He is still fighting to raise money for his charity works and he should not fight bigger established fighters, i am fine Manny fighting new fighters to raise money but not GGG.

I think Manny Pacquiao can still dominate his opponent because of his speed and being furious inside the ring. I know that there are people who are saying that Pacquiao is already old and he is not in his prime now. Golovkin is really a great fighter and is unpredictable in the ring but we can't conclude a result.

This matchup can really make a lot of money because people still want to watch money inside the ring. He is a crowd favorite and he is really relentless and he respects his opponents with all his personality. That's one of the traits that I'm looking for in an athlete.

Sometimes we just really do think of the possibilities that Manny Pacquiao can still fight even if he is already not that fast enough to dominate his opponent. Goodluck to the both of them!

Manny Pacquiao is also a Senator in the  Philippines and at this moment I just don't think if he is still going to be interested in a fight in the boxing ring because the COVID-19 pandemic is just a big problem already for the country.

Without the COVID-19 Manny is going to fight whoever wants to fight him in the ring, He still has the speed and power to fight even he already have the legacy and could retire at any moment.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
June 07, 2020, 01:17:38 PM

Manny Pacquiao is campaigning at 147 lbs while GGG at 160 lbs. Manny is 41 years old and GGG is 38. Both fighters are on a downhill of their career.

IMO, even if the fight will take place at 154 lbs, Manny would still lose as GGG will be too big for him though a little slower than Manny but he is a heavy puncher and a single punch from him would slow down Manny. I'm a Pacman fan and personally i don't want this fight to happen as this would damage Manny's health.
This is the real take on this match up, Manny Pacquiao is not a match up for Gennady Golovkin because of the size difference and there is nothing left to prove for Manny Pacquiao at 41 years of age. He is still fighting to raise money for his charity works and he should not fight bigger established fighters, i am fine Manny fighting new fighters to raise money but not GGG.

I think Manny Pacquiao can still dominate his opponent because of his speed and being furious inside the ring. I know that there are people who are saying that Pacquiao is already old and he is not in his prime now. Golovkin is really a great fighter and is unpredictable in the ring but we can't conclude a result.

This matchup can really make a lot of money because people still want to watch money inside the ring. He is a crowd favorite and he is really relentless and he respect his opponents with all his personality. That's one of the traits that i'm looking for in an athlete.

Sometimes we just really to think of the possibilities that Manny Pacquiao can still fight even if he is already not that fast enough to dominate his opponent. Goodluck to the both of them!
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
June 07, 2020, 11:53:42 AM
Rather than the age gap (which is not much, IMO), I am more concerned about the weight gap. I understand that Pacquiao has fought in 4 different weight classes during his career (Welterweight, Flyweight, Lightweight and Featherweight). But he has never participated in the Middleweight class, in which Gennady Golovkin belongs to. So I am not sure whether this fight can go ahead.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1043
Need A Campaign Manager? | Contact Little_Mouse
June 07, 2020, 09:46:13 AM
Well, I brought up here the image that came from the OP, if you look it regarding their physical comparison Golovkin has an advantage of heights and it is taller than Manny Pacquiao. But as a fellow countryman of Manny Pacquiao, I am going to support him whatever happen on the ring. I believed that this legendary boxer will continue his career in the boxing industry. Indeed, this bothers in my mind, it is a great career move for Pacman to fight GGG?
When Pacquiao fought Dela Hoya which is taller than him, he defeated him with a TKO. When Thurman fought him where Pacquiao is much smaller, he defeated him thru a decision. When it comes to Pacquiao, height advantage is just a nahhhh for him Cheesy. Height advantage will not work against him and we saw it with his past fights through the years.

These 2 legendary boxers did already their best inside the ring and they are somewhat old already but if these will happen then it would be a great fight for him. If Pacquiao will lose to this fight, there is a high chance that he will retire probably because his momentum is still on as he continues on winning consecutively. GGG also won in his last fight also. I will support Pacquiao for this fight if it will happen but the chances of this to happen is low probably because of the pandemic right now.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
June 07, 2020, 06:30:40 AM
And whoever fights Pacquiao, has a sure fat paycheck.
That's 99% guaranteed, Manny will again earn millions of dollars and if he keeps fighting, I think soon he will become the richest man in the Philippines.
His biggest payday was when he fought Mayweather, that's why he like to have a rematch with Floyd but it seems Floyd is not anymore interested.

Manny wanted a rematch against Floyd, to redeem himself against the undefeated and make some good cash at the same time.
Indeed, it was Floyd Mayweather whom here earn a good payday, and after that, he hasn't made money close to what he earn against Floyd.

you can see the graph.

https://www.esquiremag.ph/money/movers/pacquiao-boxing-earnings-a00200-20190119

Against Thurman's fight earning was not updated in the article yet, but we can find it. The picture was posted just to show some comparison and to have a good based  on how much Manny would make against Golovkin.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
June 07, 2020, 06:09:20 AM
And whoever fights Pacquiao, has a sure fat paycheck.
That's 99% guaranteed, Manny will again earn millions of dollars and if he keeps fighting, I think soon he will become the richest man in the Philippines.
His biggest payday was when he fought Mayweather, that's why he like to have a rematch with Floyd but it seems Floyd is not anymore interested.

Also, a lot of them are grateful just to fight Manny Pacquiao, considered legend even by boxers. If you will watch previous interviews of his past opponents, they have good words for Pac, maybe because Pac is not a trash talker also and a good person in and out. But will vote for Pacquiao on this one as well.

The last opponent of Manny which is Thurman are good in trash talking just to sell the fight, but after the fight, he showed big respect to the senator, we boxing enthusiast know that Thurman is just selling the fight, real trash talker are Mayweather and Bronner I guess.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 07, 2020, 05:41:31 AM
Pacquiao fans think this fight against Golovkin is crazy. There's a big downside to this Pacquiao fight Age, Weight, and Height. But it can happen that we are wrong and Pacquiao is the winner, everything will be due to his good training and experience.

Who told you that Manny PAcquiao Fans look at this game crazy,Do you know Manny's fans?and are you even one of us?

Yeah there are some points that we don't really agreed about tbhis fight but it doesn't mean we will not support Manny in this fight.

There might be some rumors about it, but I think Manny Pacquiao as a current senator of the Philippines will not make this kind of decision, as he promotes ECQ and stay at home policy, he will not let his fans and viewers to see him going out especially outside of the country for a fight. Even though there are memes circulating that when manny is in fight, people across the Philippines are always at home. Streets are clean, no traffic, no pollution but again, him as a senator will not tolerate himself to have a match outside, especially with his sports that mainly promotes physical contact.

Every Boxing event of famous boxer like Manny has a market analyzation thats why they are getting the peoples reaction if this opponent and fight will gather viewers and supporters,if not then they will look for another opponents.

And whoever fights Pacquiao, has a sure fat paycheck. Also, a lot of them are grateful just to fight Manny Pacquiao, considered legend even by boxers. If you will watch previous interviews of his past opponents, they have good words for Pac, maybe because Pac is not a trash talker also and a good person in and out. But will vote for Pacquiao on this one as well.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
June 07, 2020, 01:26:26 AM
Pacquiao fans think this fight against Golovkin is crazy. There's a big downside to this Pacquiao fight Age, Weight, and Height. But it can happen that we are wrong and Pacquiao is the winner, everything will be due to his good training and experience.

Who told you that Manny PAcquiao Fans look at this game crazy,Do you know Manny's fans?and are you even one of us?

Yeah there are some points that we don't really agreed about tbhis fight but it doesn't mean we will not support Manny in this fight.

There might be some rumors about it, but I think Manny Pacquiao as a current senator of the Philippines will not make this kind of decision, as he promotes ECQ and stay at home policy, he will not let his fans and viewers to see him going out especially outside of the country for a fight. Even though there are memes circulating that when manny is in fight, people across the Philippines are always at home. Streets are clean, no traffic, no pollution but again, him as a senator will not tolerate himself to have a match outside, especially with his sports that mainly promotes physical contact.

Every Boxing event of famous boxer like Manny has a market analyzation thats why they are getting the peoples reaction if this opponent and fight will gather viewers and supporters,if not then they will look for another opponents.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 81
June 07, 2020, 01:05:42 AM
Activity: 644
Merit: 364
In Code We Trust
June 07, 2020, 12:41:41 AM
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
June 06, 2020, 11:56:27 PM

This fight has a higher chance to happen than the Pacquaio VS Mayweather Fight. I think this can be the last fight of Manny Pacquiao win or lose. Even though he still has the passion and skills to fight, he needs to give the spotlight to the youngest fighter and end his legacy here. If he managed to win, then his professional boxing record would be the most difficult record to beat in the entire boxing history. to complete it all to 10 different weight class division is way too impossible, 9 is would be good for him.

I also want to see Manny end his glorious career in a safe way not getting knockout just like what happen to other great fighters, if the fight push through I hope he is in great shape and a win against Golovkin is just enough to end his glorious career, he has nothing left to prove and you are right that his record  is very hard to beat, 8 division title is almost impossible to attain.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
June 06, 2020, 11:22:51 PM
Their age is both good to match up, Pacquiao still wants to fight and Golovkin is almost 40 as well. Both of them are pressure fighters and I think this is gonna be a good fight so why did it take so long for them to arrange to fight against each other when it should have been done while they were younger.  Golovkin has the advantage, a little younger and I'm not checking it but probably a reach advantage too.

Pacquiao had been fighting with bigger opponents before and he had a way to beat them all, its going to be uncertain when facing this beast. Getting near Pacquaio however, is Golovkin defeat. He had to be careful when getting closer to Pacquiao.

This fight has a higher chance to happen than the Pacquaio VS Mayweather Fight. I think this can be the last fight of Manny Pacquiao win or lose. Even though he still has the passion and skills to fight, he needs to give the spotlight to the youngest fighter and end his legacy here. If he managed to win, then his professional boxing record would be the most difficult record to beat in the entire boxing history. to complete it all to 10 different weight class division is way too impossible, 9 is would be good for him.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
June 06, 2020, 06:59:02 PM

Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
June 06, 2020, 06:30:17 PM
We dont know if he's still maintaining his shape until up to these days because it seems he's been to busy with his job as a senator and we
know the disadvantage when a boxer doesnt really maintain up its form.He bet up previous opponents even he's on the government position
though which proves out that he can handle it well but if he tries to fight GGG then he shouldnt really be that too confident.This guy is also
a heavy puncher but somehow this one is lacking speed compare to his but lets see on how this one would play out.
^ Probably he is because as I had to know Manny Pacquiao is very serious about his career. It means when its time to his career he become focused on the training and I think that makes his self-discipline and until he can maintain to take care of his built. At the present age of Manny Pacquaio, he can still fight like a teenager and speaking to that his age, I remember this line somewhere in the article and I did not remember where it is. He said, “I’m not thinking about my age, I’m just thinking about what I can do for the fans".
As long theres a fight that would be arranged then he wont really refuse such offer because we know that this one talks about money.
Theres no doubt on Pacquiao capacity yet he had proven out that he's a Legendary boxer that can take whatever kind of opponent he has.
Climbing up on another division? this wont really be that easy and we dont know if this fight would make him retire in case he would
lost this fight from Golovkin.If not then expect for future fights to happen.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
June 06, 2020, 06:02:14 PM
We dont know if he's still maintaining his shape until up to these days because it seems he's been to busy with his job as a senator and we
know the disadvantage when a boxer doesnt really maintain up its form.He bet up previous opponents even he's on the government position
though which proves out that he can handle it well but if he tries to fight GGG then he shouldnt really be that too confident.This guy is also
a heavy puncher but somehow this one is lacking speed compare to his but lets see on how this one would play out.
^ Probably he is because as I had to know Manny Pacquiao is very serious about his career. It means when its time to his career he become focused on the training and I think that makes his self-discipline and until he can maintain to take care of his built. At the present age of Manny Pacquaio, he can still fight like a teenager and speaking to that his age, I remember this line somewhere in the article and I did not remember where it is. He said, “I’m not thinking about my age, I’m just thinking about what I can do for the fans".
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
June 06, 2020, 05:42:35 PM
I read this news today.

https://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pacquiao-fight-golovkin-freddie-roach-says--149298

What do you think about this fight, Manny seems like to break his current record to be the ninth division champion.

At the age of 41, Roach said Pacquiao could be eyeing a title in a record ninth division against one of boxing’s all-time great middleweights.

If this fight happen, who is your bet?

I do not know that Manny the people's champ will fight again. I thought, Manny will apready stop fighting but anyway whatever happens, I go with Manny. I still believe that even though his age is going to be any younger, he can still win it. He has a good strategy, just hoping that he will be in a very good condition when he fight again.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
June 06, 2020, 10:19:14 AM
I read this news today.

https://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pacquiao-fight-golovkin-freddie-roach-says--149298

What do you think about this fight, Manny seems like to break his current record to be the ninth division champion.

At the age of 41, Roach said Pacquiao could be eyeing a title in a record ninth division against one of boxing’s all-time great middleweights.

I do not know that Manny the people's champ will fight again. I thought, Manny will apready stop fighting but anyway whatever happens, I go with Manny. I still believe that even though his age is going to be any younger, he can still win it. He has a good strategy, just hoping that he will be in a very good condition when he fight again.

He just sign a contract with a new promoter, PBC, we don't know the details yet, but I think the minimum should be a 3 fight contract. He just had one, winning against Thurman, so probably we will see him fight 2 more times.

It's more of a strategy, Manny is a champion, he has tons of experience, he is a warrior, he trains very hard to have a good condition. He just defeated a young champion in Thurman, so no doubt that he can still fight. But his chances are slim against GGG because Gennady is a powerful boxer and too big for Manny.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
June 06, 2020, 09:51:04 AM
I read this news today.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
June 06, 2020, 09:40:13 AM
~
GGG is not too much for Manny. He is bigger of course but I believe Manny can handle him pretty well.

Coach Freddie would not be considering this fight in the first place if he believes his fighter does not have a chance.

Manny is already the greatest boxer of all time. No other boxer in the whole history of the sport has ever been an 8-division world champion.
Read the article shared by the OP first mate before joining the conversation.

For your convenience, here's what Freddie Roach said:

~
GGG has slowed, I noticed the same but Manny looks like a young Manny who can beat a younger and stronger fighter than him, that is because of his technique in boxing, also, his experience and being the only 8th division world champion made his confidence to boost high, and no opponent that he will not agree to fight with. GGG is big, but Manny has been fighting big opponents in his career.
Yeah, Manny had some renaissance lately but let's not also forget that he's going to fight at 160 and at an older age now. Maybe he could still handle punches of his opponents at a lower weight class but we can't say the same for guys who are naturally fighting at 160.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1131
June 06, 2020, 09:33:27 AM
Yes, Mane is getting old, but he's still a strong opponent, and he's going to try to hit his opponent with all force to drop him for the ninth title!!
The prospect of who wins in the confrontation remains difficult because GGV has a desire to win the title too.
 Grin I will place my bet for ggv.

Nice to see one poster already voted for GGV, I voted for Manny because he is my favorite fighter, I know GGV is good but I like the strategy of Manny in the ring, this time he is facing a fighter who is not already in his prime, so I guess Manny will win convincingly here compared to his last fight.

Yes, I noticed the majority referring to Manny, Given the historical record of Boxer Manny We will really find that it is superior to ggg!!op  But this strong fight I do not know if it is possible for Manny to withstand the missiles that will be directed by  golovkin  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: