Pages:
Author

Topic: Market can be manipulated? - page 16. (Read 5438 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
September 14, 2018, 10:30:35 AM
Obviously, the volume is just so low now though that it makes it easy for people to move, hopefully that changes as the market grows though.
Activity: 234
Merit: 10
September 15, 2018, 05:22:08 AM
If you look at the price chart of bitcoin or other coins, you can see how the price changes by 5-10 percent in a few hours or even minutes. This indicates an artificial manipulation. I'm sure that the market is ruled by speculators.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 629
September 14, 2018, 10:28:48 AM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?

Since there is no state control and regulation in this market, manipulation is a very simple process. For high-volume coins, it can be easily manipulated for low-volume coins, and it is also extremely easy to control the market. To illustrate with a high-budget investor or investor group, this person / person can easily control the price with as much as half of market share. In addition, the best example of manipulation that can be performed on this market is the whale investors' dumping operations. These investors are changing the price downwards with their own budget, and they earn extra on panic sales. All these events can be realized by controlling and manipulating the market. In summary, a well-budgeted investor can easily play at the market price.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
September 14, 2018, 10:25:24 AM
Since the market is not regulated, manipulations are certainly possible.
Of course i can not say that for sure.
Nevertheless, i have the feeling, it is so.
Activity: 308
September 14, 2018, 10:22:53 AM
In our age with the opportunities that have those people who are basically engaged in their entire lives computer technology and possess the skills of carefree programming. And if we take into account the fact that there is no tool regulating in full control and full measure in the crypto-currency world yet and if it is logical to argue that it brings huge amounts of money to this world of the crypto-currency industry only because of the volatility of coins-then everything becomes clear at once! I believe that this is possible and this is just to deal with those who needs it!
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
"Venture into Sports"
September 14, 2018, 10:14:36 AM
Hi there,

They did but that was no big issue. Consider the FUD going around cryptocurrencies for months. When it combines with whales cashing out it created a perfect environment for manipulation. It still goes on FUD is being spread while world is embracing blockchain and cryptopayments. This will continue until rich people bought all the Bitcoin we have. Then the prices will skyrocket.

Kind regards,
Activity: 336
September 14, 2018, 08:21:51 AM
I think this is possible. In general, financial issues can be manipulated by people. But we can not do anything to change it.
Activity: 1036
September 14, 2018, 08:17:40 AM
Of course, it's possible. The cryptocurrency market is not yet so big and unwavering - even $ 1,000,000 per person can significantly affect the price of bitcoin at a particular point in time. In addition, on different profile sites very often there are custom articles about the collapse of the bitcoin bubble. Isn't that a manipulation?
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
September 14, 2018, 08:16:41 AM
the market can be manipulated if there are fiat big capital owners who are afraid of the development of cryptocurrency.
because if bitcoin and friends shine then Fiat will automatically be destroyed. they will control the market so as not to go too fast.
Activity: 322
September 14, 2018, 07:59:56 AM
I think that to make a manipulation in the market is not difficult for developers and I will say more it is a good idea to buy the coins and keep the course in such a difficult time !
Activity: 560
September 14, 2018, 07:56:07 AM
A good question that has been discussed for a long time, of course, the market can be manipulated is the issues that the SEC should deal with, but they can not do it because they need to understand who it is, and since bitcoin is anonymous today, we understand that this is impossible.
Activity: 182
September 14, 2018, 07:54:15 AM
In fact, I read a lot of articles on this issue. I personally concluded that in principle certain manipulations in the crypto market are really possible. There are different financial structures that can manipulate the price of currencies in the market.
Activity: 98
September 14, 2018, 03:25:12 AM
I feel that even it was possible for them to manipulate the price of coins, that the prices will only be reflecting on the exchange alone and not on all exchanges, so if some one goes to another exchange, the person will see the geniune price
Activity: 490
September 14, 2018, 03:03:46 AM
I've read this article because this article has altcoin prices dropped because this article also has many investors who don't trust Altcoin anymore and I heard bitfinex was checked by the relevant authorities about the truth of this article and it is evident that there may be some exchanges that use bots to pump their altcoins to go up or vice versa because their altcoin bots go down
Activity: 7
September 14, 2018, 02:58:11 AM
Crypto markets are mostly unregulated, in many countries. This makes much easier for the big capital to manipulate, unfortunately.

This is why you need to be smart, manipulations happen with someone a large group who still holds big numbers of cheap coins way back and still playing for those newbies to be victimized.
Activity: 224
Merit: 29
September 14, 2018, 02:57:39 AM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
Actually, market can be really manipulated if you wouldn't know. We have what we call whales, who controls the price of every coin in the market scene. They try to hoard coins so that the price of a specific coin will increase.
Activity: 45
September 14, 2018, 02:54:08 AM
The price is really manipulative, I see this. They are big investors
Activity: 102
September 14, 2018, 02:31:21 AM
I think this is impossible. I have heard people say that if you want to control the whole market, you have to have 4 times the money to control the market. I think this is an incredible thing.
Activity: 308
September 14, 2018, 02:22:47 AM

Well, if they have huge resources and connections i think its possible they could pull something like that. The only problem is, it will not only affect the natural and normal cycle of the market, being controlled by a few rich crypto owners and companies. This might also result to people leaving the crypto industry and basically could lessen the incoming investors and discouraging them and because of this, market value of coins might drop.
Activity: 221
September 14, 2018, 02:17:08 AM
Whales will always manipulate the market. Just with the burden of their attempts will not lead to huge price jumps. The more capitalization of the market, the less influence it has on individual capital. I think it's just worth the patience and wait.

Indeed true, whole manipulate the pricing. Thats why its important not to panic sell off.
Pages:
Jump to: