Pages:
Author

Topic: Market can be manipulated? - page 18. (Read 5438 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 114
“The Future of Security Tokens”
September 10, 2018, 03:22:44 PM
Still, it's hard to say, but apparently something is happening. Otherwise I do not know how to explain the sharp jumps in growth and such a low drop now. The market has been such a long time ago and each of us does not know what will happen next. We all hope that soon wake up we see the green market every day. I confess I'm also waiting for this and I'll take it very soon. But the fact that manipulation exists is very much so.
Activity: 254
Merit: 10
Bitsler.com
September 10, 2018, 02:46:01 PM
Yes, Many instances were seen in past whales pumping a single coin overnight and then dumping it badly after gaining their profit. Even BTC market is also get manipulated by these whales. They have large holdings of particular coins and then they pump or dump those coins.
Activity: 313
Merit: 1
September 10, 2018, 02:28:15 PM
It may be. there are people or maybe a group of people who work together to hold most of the coins and can use this to their advantage to manipulate the price of coins to the desired price. Usually, when that happens, traders will start to "panic sell" so they can buy back to coins at a cheaper price.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
September 10, 2018, 02:02:24 PM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?

Overall, I share the opinion that the crypto market can be manipulated. This, I think, can be done by people who have a large number of coins from a given currency. Using different exchanges.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
September 10, 2018, 01:53:13 PM
It's not a question of can it be manipulated because the answer is obvious. It's either whales are manipulating through price actions or they're using bad news to do that.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
September 10, 2018, 01:48:16 PM
I think it's possible, that's why investing in this market is considered a risky business. Currently market manipulation is a common trend in this market by sharks who carry out this operation in a hidden way. This is something we must obey because of the decentralized nature of the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Global loyalty & rewards
September 10, 2018, 01:37:05 PM
I incline that it is the truth and really manipulated the market and continue to manipulate still. It seemed to me that there is nobody it is not a secret.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
September 10, 2018, 08:25:53 AM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?

This is not new in fact other exchanges are also practicing this, exchanges like Yobit have been doing this since they started, this is another way for exchange to make money, so better go for exchange that will not use the bot or inflate their trading volume to mislead you.
Activity: 373
Merit: 107
September 10, 2018, 08:19:46 AM

Yes, I also think that the market can be manipulated. But, it can be done by large and compelling whales, or collectively. These people, should have a reasonable strategy, so as not to spoil the opportunities for profit.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
September 10, 2018, 08:12:45 AM
as life shows, manipulation takes place every day. And the main purpose of these manipulations is to lead the crowd in the right direction. At them it perfectly turns out. Wanted to launch a rocket bitcoin up - launched, wanted to make money on futures and shorts - it turns out
Activity: 714
Merit: 253
September 10, 2018, 08:00:51 AM
You discovered America. Thanks, Captain. About manipulations in the market did not speak only lazy, all the others already long ago know it and understand.
Activity: 224
September 08, 2018, 06:10:25 PM
without any doubt, the market can be manipulated and the market decline that is happening now can be caused by manipulation.
Activity: 224
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
September 08, 2018, 03:46:40 PM
The market is manipulated by those who have capital and now we see it very well. And it's bad that the market can be manipulated, as it hinders development.
Activity: 350
Merit: 4
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
September 08, 2018, 03:43:15 PM
If they can artificially inflate the price on their stock exchange, then they will do it to their own detriment.
To raise the price higher they will need to buy all orders at a lower price. While they will buy them, they will sell bitcoins from other exchanges, arbitrage.
Activity: 18
September 08, 2018, 03:20:57 PM
I think most of the altcoins are manipulated to some extent.
BTC I think that few people can manipulate its direction unless it is a financial institution on Wall Street.
Activity: 30
September 08, 2018, 04:58:00 AM
Yes, although the cryptocurrency market is very large. The average person cannot manipulate it. But people who bought in the early days can manipulate it.
Activity: 223
September 08, 2018, 03:55:44 AM
I believe that all markets in the world are manipulated, be it gold or oil, anything. And cryptocurrencies with their meager capitalization are manipulated daily.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 2
September 07, 2018, 12:58:04 PM
This market is just heavily manipulated and as quick as you see BTC rise as quick you get dumped on. The whales making their money and fabricating stories. This is crypto.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
September 08, 2018, 03:47:08 AM
I think the market can really be manipulated since there are lots of whales who has a lot of money which they can use to influence many users.
Pages:
Jump to: