Pages:
Author

Topic: Market can be manipulated? - page 28. (Read 5437 times)

Activity: 292
Merit: 11
August 25, 2018, 03:26:38 AM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?

If we take an asset controlled by the state, we can safely talk about artificial overstatement. Bitcoin is not controlled by the state, so the "yellow press" is so active! Angry
Activity: 234
Merit: 10
August 25, 2018, 03:22:07 AM
If you look at the graph of the cost of bitcoin, it becomes clear that the price of the coin is artificially manipulated. The cost varies too sharply, falls or grows by several hundred dollars in a few minutes. This is not the case in conventional markets.
Activity: 602
Merit: 258
August 25, 2018, 03:16:28 AM
It depends because some of people your their power in everything they want to achieve although in a bad way but i believe the flow of the transactions in the market are still depends to the law of demand.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
August 23, 2018, 12:27:48 PM
It is conceivable yet I trust that it is simply inside a short matter of time and on the off chance that you are holding a colossal measure of token at that point all of a sudden chose to offer every last bit of it at a low cost. Such act will make the crypto advertise fall yet I do question that the landfill will keep going for a week and more probable inside only a solitary day particularly if the token has an expansive market capital and token dissemination.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
August 21, 2018, 07:53:12 PM
Yes. Market can be manipulated by big investors (whales) and also by some bad news which not always are true. They only trying to get more coins. Why? Because bitcoin is only 21.000.000 total and not more and i think price will grow more in time.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
August 21, 2018, 07:49:22 PM
This is just one of the many ways in which the crypto market can be manipulated, this can be done also by the giants in the media and some government agencies in collaboration.
What is needed is that the government agencies like the SEC make a declaration that is open for interpretation and then media spins it in a way that creates FUD.

with this the market may crash lower due to panic sales and then this manipulators can buy at the low price & drive it up later.
Activity: 120
August 21, 2018, 07:46:16 PM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?

Off course. Manipulation happens on every levels of human society settings, especially on economical matter. Every Bitcoin ETF application on 2018 (including by VanEck & SolidX) will likely be rejected because the applicants will have a hard time to explain to SEC on how the crypto market will be 'resistant' to price manipulation.
Activity: 95
August 21, 2018, 07:38:08 PM
Crypto-currency market us still at infancy and it is therefore easy and prone to unwholesome practices.There are not enough regulations in the space, that makes it worse
Activity: 629
Merit: 252
August 21, 2018, 07:33:01 PM
Yes, people, who have really big money can manipulated our cryptocurrency's market, they have a lot of cryptocoins and they can operate on how they want to.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552
August 21, 2018, 07:31:21 PM
there is a possibility that the market can be manipulated but it will depends and more likely small chance it may happen.  Because there are lots of people in this world witg different personal of interest.

What small chances are you talking about? Market manipulation is present from the very beginning of the rise of Bitcoin. Even the exchanges have been involved in manipulation. Infact, there were exchanges that has been under investigation subject to market manipulation.
You can consider your self a whale in if you posses 1000 Bitcoin. Imagine if these people works together, dump or buy together.
Activity: 140
August 21, 2018, 07:30:17 PM
Definitely yes, market hasn't grown that much so some substantial amount of tokens are held by a few individual hence the can decide how the market goes.
Activity: 266
August 21, 2018, 07:29:49 PM
Sure, that it is manipulated by someone but this is not the only one person. to my mind, this is a group of people and also a lot of factors that infuence the choice of people, to my mind, the market won't be so manipulated soon
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
August 21, 2018, 07:29:12 PM
we cannot deny that some market exchanges we have to avoid, in my opinion some markey exchanges actually take advantage of this, they are not only a media or means to buy and sell altcoins and Bitcoin, they even take part in arranging certain coin prices
Activity: 250
Merit: 13
Dextrust.org #Defi
August 21, 2018, 07:26:15 PM
I think they can manipulate it. If you ask me market and should go up but it still in the same place even going down if you look to the ETH but I don't know the whole thing of course
Activity: 102
August 21, 2018, 07:25:58 PM
Well, it is almost no news that bitcoin price is being manipulated for some selfish gains, much of the price hike last year start with some sort of manipulations , anyway, it is something not peculiar to bitcoin alone
Activity: 406
August 21, 2018, 07:23:19 PM
Crypto is a small market and of course it can be manipulated through different fake\negative news, spreading FUD and panic or by big holders dumping their tokens and buying back cheaper later on.
Activity: 462
Merit: 112
August 21, 2018, 12:59:00 PM
there is a possibility that the market can be manipulated but it will depends and more likely small chance it may happen.  Because there are lots of people in this world witg different personal of interest.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
August 21, 2018, 03:24:00 AM
I think it's possible, that's why investing in this market is considered a risky business. Currently market manipulation is a common trend in this market by sharks who carry out this operation in a hidden way. This is something we must obey because of the decentralized nature of the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
August 21, 2018, 02:57:42 AM
The situation in the market of crypto currency depends on many factors, and manipulation in many ways including. There is a lot of information that proves this, so we always need to be attentive and sober about the situation.
Activity: 154
August 21, 2018, 02:48:44 AM

price manipulation for personal and group interests, is very normal in the investment industry like this. all you have to do is don't fall for their game, and stay away from their game.
Pages:
Jump to: