Pages:
Author

Topic: MARKETS.CX - First Litecoin cloud mining platform - buy and sell KHS/LTC - page 12. (Read 22312 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Having been scammed before.. this feels familiar.. but certain things are not
a) Right before the site I got scammed on went AWOL they "upped the ante" and started offering services/prices that were way too good to be true - Markets.cx has not done this
b) The other site didnt take the time and effort to use cloudflare
c) The site has had LOTS of work... way more than the other site I got scammed by.. if it is a scam they invested heavily into it.. far more than I would have
d) They did announce an upgrade prior (not well.. but they did announce it) whereas the other site just turned off

So with that in mind.. I'm thinking its about 50/50...scam vs unforseen tech problems

Personally I'm worried... but I'll give them another 24 hours before I start crying and lose my faith in humanity completely

i am also 50/50 right now...

the one thing that doesn't make it seem like a total scam is the fact that someone from there actually chimed in here and said that they're having problems and working on it etc..

if this was a scam, that step of coming here is just not necessary... there would be nothing to gain from it, since all the money would be already gone poof...

still, though... loooooooong, uncomfortable silence from these guys...
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Having been scammed before.. this feels familiar.. but certain things are not
a) Right before the site I got scammed on went AWOL they "upped the ante" and started offering services/prices that were way too good to be true - Markets.cx has not done this
b) The other site didnt take the time and effort to use cloudflare
c) The site has had LOTS of work... way more than the other site I got scammed by.. if it is a scam they invested heavily into it.. far more than I would have
d) They did announce an upgrade prior (not well.. but they did announce it) whereas the other site just turned off

So with that in mind.. I'm thinking its about 50/50...scam vs unforseen tech problems

Personally I'm worried... but I'll give them another 24 hours before I start crying and lose my faith in humanity completely
so, what's the "gut feeling" so far - scam, or massive outage ?
Activity: 141
maybe they discovered that gridseeds get warm when you turn on sha256 lol...
ive heard that they can be shoddily assembled. (sinks not touching chips... etc)
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
revert back to the old site and try the GHS option again later

sincerely I think that the new GHS option was not a convenient one. We like KHS and I definitively left ghash.io 4 months ago
Activity: 35
Their crap PR aside.. I have worked in IT long enough to know that sometimes upgrades, especially major upgrades can sometimes go wrong and it can take AGES to fix it.. especially if they didn't plan well, do a test prior and didnt have the ability to fall-back to the working site..  I sincerely hope they have just had more serious technical issues or the database changes are not taking and they will eventually give up and revert back to the old site and try the GHS option again later
according to google, it's 8:45 pm in china now...

the site has been down for about 12 hours (at least) which means the majority of the outage happened throughout the work/business day...

the fact that there is not even a placeholder on the site that says "sorry, down for maintenance". or any other indication that they're actually working on something is just unforgivable from a PR standpoint...

even if this doesn't end up being a scam (seems more and more unlikely with every hour) and the site comes back in full force, i will be hesitant to send any more money there, and would not be able to take it seriously as an investment type of platform...

in other words, and pay attention market.cx people, all it take is one day of silence to have your customers lose confidence in you...   that is of course, if we are still indeed customers and not suckers/victims/bagholders...
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
GOXED??? Hopefully not... but an update would really help.
legendary
Say goodbye to your LTC !
It is impossible that they don't put a temporary home page explaining the situation.
I am happy that yesterday I withdraw all LTC from my account at markets.cx.
"ColmanThompson", what do you have as explanations now ?

is it possible they was hacked and so they deactivated the front end ??
I hate to break this to you. There is almost no way a ddos attack is keeping the site down.
They use cloudfare and even a 65Gbs attack is smallfry for these guys http://blog.cloudflare.com/65gbps-ddos-no-problem

Still no withdrawals from the wallet address....

It wouldn't make sence to implement an additional BTC / GHS market and than simply dissapear a few hours later. If it was a ponzi sheme without any real hashrate in the Background, the could have let it run a few more weeks and simply disable the coin withdrawal.

Thats what i think too. This could have been much more epic if it was a scam.
But maybe they got cold feet.. who knows..

aaaaaaargh just recovering after last scam. I am losing BTC 0.68 this time.

Scammometer at:2.3 BTC

Such pain
much scam
wow. stackcoin.jpg

Activity: 135
Say goodbye to your LTC !
It is impossible that they don't put a temporary home page explaining the situation.
I am happy that yesterday I withdraw all LTC from my account at markets.cx.
"ColmanThompson", what do you have as explanations now ?
it's not the outage that worries me... it's the silence that worries me...
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I hate to break this to you. There is almost no way a ddos attack is keeping the site down.
They use cloudfare and even a 65Gbs attack is smallfry for these guys http://blog.cloudflare.com/65gbps-ddos-no-problem

It wouldn't make sence to implement an additional BTC / GHS market and than simply dissapear a few hours later. If it was a ponzi sheme without any real hashrate in the Background, the could have let it run a few more weeks and simply disable the coin withdrawal.
Activity: 2

the more time goes by, the longer the site is down, the more i keep thinking - so long money, it's been nice barely knowing you...

had such great promise... would really suck if this was a scam... and yeah, this much silence for this long doesn't exactly "inspire confidence" in the place...
yes, markets.cx, please be transparent in your process. we understand outages, but silence is the killer. please give us info.
Activity: 3
Still offline. Markets.cx we want to know what's going on? Huh Huh Huh
hope this was not a scam, i sent all my 23 LTC Sad

(in that case its the best looking and best coded scam ever, so i have that going for me, which is nice lol.)
legendary
Guys, we now working on GHS/BTC trading update which require a lots of database maintenance. We are working hard to get back online as soon as possible. Please stay tuned as we will post all the updates in this topic.

Sincerely,
MARKETS.CX Customer Service Team.

any news?
Activity: 135
lets all have a bit of faith in these people...
its not easy running something like this.....
it could be a case of "All your base are belong to us" however i think it is just a technical issue on their part
i like to trust in life and see the good in people.. even our Chinese friends... Smiley
let us hope that i am right eh. time will tell.. give em a day to sort this out, must be a massive undertaking, i can only imagine..
love n light to all.. its the darkness that needs it the most.. Smiley

"ColmanThompson", I think you are colaborating to this scam in Ukraine ?
Greetings to Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: