Pages:
Author

Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now. - page 62. (Read 80701 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I wouldn't sell my account for 100BTC even... How someone could screw over the community after trying to help it is beyond me. If the account was sold or not doesn't really matter...the original Master-p is responsible in my opinion.

Wonder who escrowed the (Master-P) account sale...
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
I dont understand how he was still on the "trusted" list of escrow forum post
The OP of that thread is AFK until 30th, some Mod might be able to edit it but I wouldn't have my hopes high on that
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
I dont understand how he was still on the "trusted" list of escrow forum post, especially after the account sale. I wouldnt be suprised he is commenting on here with his shill account
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
I wouldn't sell my account for 100BTC even... How someone could screw over the community after trying to help it is beyond me. If the account was sold or not doesn't really matter...the original Master-p is responsible in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002
Sorry that i don't have the time to read the full thread but is the sale of the account confirmed? The real master-P was a great guy so it would be pretty bad when he would have sold his account because it would make him himself a scammer. He would know that the buyer can impersonat him now and he would be liable to damages in my eyes. It would be a pretty dumb move if he acted that way.

He would have allowed a stranger and possible scammer to impersonate him. He would not be able to speak himself out of this then.
Yeah the account sale has been confirmed with a signed message in this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13378692

I still doubt that he would sell his account for 2 Bitcoins.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe
Sorry that i don't have the time to read the full thread but is the sale of the account confirmed? The real master-P was a great guy so it would be pretty bad when he would have sold his account because it would make him himself a scammer. He would know that the buyer can impersonat him now and he would be liable to damages in my eyes. It would be a pretty dumb move if he acted that way.

He would have allowed a stranger and possible scammer to impersonate him. He would not be able to speak himself out of this then.
Was waiting for your reply .There is still nothing that proves there are two different master-P's involved in this scam.The real owner fails to prove the sale and just wants people to believe his terrible lies.
He was continuously buying/selling from his steam account and says he sold his identity for 1 coin which he could have easily lended and possibly was his 2-4 weeks escrow fees.

The transaction ID he provided

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
I personally believe any of you who have information of this man and are withholding or are trying to sell the info are no better than the scammer. It like youre saying hey you morons just lost a boatload of cash but lose a little more n help me out n ill give you his info. Very sad that the community doesnt come together to help one another. Shows how selfish this whole community actually is and how pathietic ppl really are
this pretty much. this community is filled with manchildren that cant really think beyond how to take care of themselves. i dont condone doxxing though.
QS, ill send you a pm real soon.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Wow I cant believe an account providing escrow was sold and contiuned to provide escrow... No one noticed this change???

How would you notice this exactly? The scammer sold the account along with the PGP info.
Wow I cant believe an account providing escrow was sold and contiuned to provide escrow... No one noticed this change???

But you do understand that the people who provide 'escrow services,' those suggesting the escrow to use, and those dealing in forum accounts are often one and the same person, correct?

(Case in point: Quickseller)

@twister: there's yet to be a single documented case of a scammer coming back to reimburse his victims.
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009
snip
Once again, this is not relevant here. Make a thread in Meta or stop talking about it.

Well, I felt the need to express my views and I think it's fully related to this! (no need to start another drama in meta now) Had it been that master-p did sell his account, and these rules were imposed beforehand, this scam wouldn't have happened. Well, I already know these rules aren't going to get effective in either way. Roll Eyes

Apparently this is the TX id of part of the transaction, though it does seem a bit strange that it only has half of the supposed amount, and later than the supposed selling date.

Well, where's the other half? And, why he just gave a lame excuse that he forgot about the other half of the txn?

If anyone did a trade with him on Namecheap previous to August then we could perhaps compare the accounts for that, though that may have been included in the trade.

Yes, that's a good point IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029
I meant forget about it in the sense that no Dox will be published and no further actions will be taken.

But in any case, a bad impression will surely be left and no one would ever trust him.

It takes a long time to gain reputation, a split second to lose it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
I meant forget about it in the sense that no Dox will be published and no further actions will be taken. If he comes back and return the money then these can be avoided, I am just saying that the he still has the chance of making it right, he has already lost his reputation but by returning the money he can prevent getting into legal trouble.
I believe techshare or whoever has info on him is giving him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to come by and make this right by paying everyone back. If he does that then in time everyone will forget about this and move on but if he doesn't then ultimately the info will be released.
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Comment: Signed by Bitcoin Armory v0.93.2

Hey bitcointalk, this is the "original" or previous owner of master-P account on these forums.

I had sold the account to an anonymous offer in August 2015. Along with my forum account, the keybase account "masterp" was also sold as the buyer wanted to continue to assume my identity and provide escrow.

The private keys to the wallets I used for escrow were also included in the sale so the new owner could continue providing escrow as I already had some transactions/campaigns taking place.

I apologize for selling my account, in hindsight I see how selfish of an act it was. But I was at an all time low and I didn't exactly have much time to keep participating and help escrow for these forums anymore. The amount of money I was offered for my "bitcointalk identity" was enough to help get me through a couple of really rough months.

A youthful mistake. Nothing serious, already forgotten.
Would totally trust in the future with any amount of money Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
snip
Once again, this is not relevant here. Make a thread in Meta or stop talking about it.

Where's the transaction details of his deal that he sold his account? How can we be so sure from his words that he really sold that account? A signed message for an apology doesn't really verify this! Sorry.
Apparently this is the TX id of part of the transaction, though it does seem a bit strange that it only has half of the supposed amount, and later than the supposed selling date. If anyone did a trade with him on Namecheap previous to August then we could perhaps compare the accounts for that, though that may have been included in the trade.

What difference does it make? I'm not trying to take your money, I'm not trying to offer you a service that I can not deliver, I'm not even buying a trusted account, to dupe you into believing I'm somebody else.

I'm Anon, and getting banned for posting my thoughts. Creating thousands of useless accounts is not against the forum policy, and neither is scamming Smiley

I have nothing to say to you. Theymos needs to take a look at this! That's why this forum is quite vulnerable for scamming till now!

If I were him (theymos) I'd make sure:

• No two accounts are made from the same IP address.

• VPN/TOR browsing is fully restricted.

• If an account is suddenly logged in via a different IP, make sure that owner verifies his account from his verified E-mail address or get banned within 1 hour.

(P.S. I'm not being sarcastic here)

The aforementioned would have helped OP exactly ...how?
You do realize that buying & selling accounts is a thing here on bitcointalk, right?
legendary

@master-p, one wrong decision can really make a difference in a man's life and fuck it up. If you still have the funds then please, come back and pay everyone up.

Why "if" ? He has taken the responsibility of holding the funds and is now playing with them. He should pay back every bits he has taken, whether he has any bitcoins for himself or not. There is nothing to be lenient and remain polite here.
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
I agree. No real efforts are being made by any one except the one's who were scammed.

If you got the info, then reveal it, why hide it? Is it a treasure or something?

I believe techshare or whoever has info on him is giving him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to come by and make this right by paying everyone back. If he does that then in time everyone will forget about this and move on but if he doesn't then ultimately the info will be released.

@master-p, one wrong decision can really make a difference in a man's life and fuck it up. If you still have the funds then please, come back and pay everyone up.
legendary

I don't understand why he would want that though, if there is a quoted, signed and verified message pointing towards the account being sold on the previous pages.

Where's the transaction details of his deal that he sold his account? How can we be so sure from his words that he really sold that account? A signed message for an apology doesn't really verify this! Sorry.
Pages:
Jump to: