Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 197. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0
CC miner SP mod has been modified to mine some coins with XX% (yes, double digit increase) better performance. Difference with default cc miner is huge.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
2.2.5? Latest seems to be 2.2.4:

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

Can you add CC miner with SP MOD ?
It is compiled version from source files (today) and it sasy 2.2.5 Smiley

Can you show me some source code what you mean exactly ?
Also why you want this over tpruvot ? Smiley - i need some arguments Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
UPDATE:
- added miner ccminer-tpruvot-v2.2.5-cuda8.0 (for nvidia only)

Is it better than claymore?
2.2.5? Latest seems to be 2.2.4:

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

Can you add CC miner with SP MOD ?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE:
- added miner ccminer-tpruvot-v2.2.5-cuda8.0 (for nvidia only)
Activity: 26
power consumption : Tytanick, settings below 900mV seem not to work on RX570/580 cards I have here (Sapphire Nitro, Pulse). Didn't try any else.

With SMOS, the lowest consumption I can achieve is ~150W at wall.  Asus Prime H270-Plus with January2018 BIOS, CPU G4560, 4GB RAM, single RX580 Sapphire Nitro at this moment but I tested with different cards up to 7 installed, 240V Europe, Corsair TX-850M (should be about 89.5% effective at this load). GPU 1000MHz, VMEM 1900MHz, underclocked BIOS.

MB+CPU+RAM consume 35W idle in Windows and SMOS without any GPU installed  - 35W measured at wall [!] after power supply ineffectivity etc.  With single GPU installed but not mining, Windows consumes about 47W ; SMOS 65W. Windows configured with High Performance profile, no CPU savings, no PCI-e savings in BIOS.

GPU Voltage set in web interface  |  Consumption at wall with SMOS

1100mV   180W
1000mV   170W
900mV   153W
850mV     153W
800mV   153W
750mV     153W

I feel it does NOT work as it should.

Powerstage 0      153W
Powerstage 1      153W
Powerstage 2      153W
Powerstage 3      153W
Powerstage 4      153W
Powerstage 5      153W
Powerstage 6      153W

Powerstage setting has absolutely no effect on power consumption at all. All these tests conducted with 1000MHz GPU, 1900MHz VMEM, 27.2MH/s. This particular card maxes out at 1950MHz memories no matter what voltage I apply, it's a crap.

I know PowerStage settings work in different settings and scenarios - I'm running some rigs with 1100MHz GPUs, 2000+MHz VMEMs and there is big difference in power consumption between PS6 and PS2. Generally I'm using PowerStage2 almost everywhere because PS1 and PS0 do NOT bring any decrease in real consumption / temperatures and everything above PS2 is heavily increasing power consumption.  Because I'm totally stable at PS2, that's what I use ; difference in power consumption between PS6 and PS2 is about 400 Watts with each [!] rig I have.

Here, in this particular case, PowerStage has totally no influence on power consumption.

GPU voltage settings BELOW 900mV  DO NOT have any effect on total consumption in SMOS, while they work in Windows. Decreasing GPU and VMEM in ATI WattMan (newest drivers, Adrenaline v18.2.3 dated 22/Febr/2018) below 900mV works correctly in Windows, HWINFO64 and GPU-Z report lower voltages for both memory and GPU and it is reflected on real wattage measured at wall.  I can get to 750mV GPU and VMEM with 120W total rig consumption at wall and yes, it's stable at 1000/1900MHz.

Lowest I'm able to achieve with SMOS is 152-153W.  I've tried so much...

So, the effective delta in power consumption between Windows and SMOS can be 20 Watts per card.  With 10 card rig, that is 200 Watts which really is a lot, especially if you have 10+ rigs.  Will you please look into this ? Any diagnostic output you need ? I can give you SSH access if needed.

And it's not just about power consumption - it's about temperatures, too. Of course Windows10 runs these cards cooler, because it is able to use lower voltage.

I even tried to lower voltages in BIOS, programming 850 (manual) or 65282 even 65281 in appropriate frequencies. Makes no difference in both Windows and SMOS.
Measurements in Windows taken with lowest voltage set as 65282 in BIOS. I'm not saying this is equivalent of 750mV, I'm saying power management in Ubuntu might be "not optimal" and potentially not working below 900mV. Regardless of what is in BIOS, it works in Windows.

Any hints or tips, please throw my way.  Is there anything in Ubuntu like HWINFO64 in Windows ? How can I display parameters of AMD RX570/580, such as frequencies, voltages etc ?

right undervolt does not work, I'm doing 850mv 1150 core, the house is getting high electricity from the wall, it was not like this before
Activity: 20
Just disable the gpus from 0 to x, where x ur number of gpus one by one and touching them once they cool off and sticky a note beside with their number, so you will know later on. It cant be any simpler...

Yeah I will try this, thanks for your time.

But disable with the method I described, because I have a feeling you will just unplug them now, which will mess with your gpu numbers again :-)
Activity: 10
Just disable the gpus from 0 to x, where x ur number of gpus one by one and touching them once they cool off and sticky a note beside with their number, so you will know later on. It cant be any simpler...

Yeah I will try this, thanks for your time.
I dont have any more pictures, this was taken from Gravitymaster's guide on SMOS.

Nevertheless the numbers written physically on motherboards dont even match their real physical connection numbers.

Bigburci, as I said before, you simply connect usb keyboard and do it straight on the rig. You can always play with fan settings for that one card, but from my practice it will be hard to determine the card in a forest of noise, the temperature drops to room temp in a matter of 2-3 minutes and is easiest way so far.

As for pice numbers on motherboards, they can be random as well, just take a look for example:

https://imgur.com/a/CTw1p

Would you have similar picture, but for Asus Z270-A ?

just disable it with number on keyboard connected to rig, or over ssh, let it cool down for couple of minutes and you will be able to identify it easily.

As for pice numbers on motherboards, they can be random as well, just take a look for example:

Thanks for fast reply, but... Is there any other way because I don't use ssh.
On the picture what you linked there, the PCI full slot is the GPU_0. That's mean maybe that in all mining motherboard the full pci slot is the GPU_0? I am using the Biostar TB250-BTC PRO motherboard which got some number markings on the pcb but I think they are not in the same order as smos numbering them.
Activity: 9
For the love of any kind of theoretical omnipotent entity, please add the later release of XMR Stak. It's been out for months.

Also a question: How do I access XMR Stak thread config?
Hi guys, can someone point me to the right direction to found out how Smos numbering the GPU-s? I couldn't found any information regarding this topic in the help section so just idea for the Dev to give us, users some more details how smos counting the GPU numbers, because definitely not based on the order of how you plug them into your motherboard.

I got a faulty GPU or riser on a 12x GPU setup which got the same temperature as others so hard to figure out physically which is that one.

Thanks in advance.

just disable it with number on keyboard connected to rig, or over ssh, let it cool down for couple of minutes and you will be able to identify it easily.

Hi guys, can someone point me to the right direction to found out how Smos numbering the GPU-s? I couldn't found any information regarding this topic in the help section so just idea for the Dev to give us, users some more details how smos counting the GPU numbers, because definitely not based on the order of how you plug them into your motherboard.

I got a faulty GPU or riser on a 12x GPU setup which got the same temperature as others so hard to figure out physically which is that one.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, any way to save logs on claymore (for example)

I get some many reboots on 2 rigs and for sure riser is the problem, but I cant see log and know wich gpu fails.

I saw -dgb and -logfile commands, anyone tried it?

Thanks and thanks tytanick to your hard work for more frequency updates on SM, this is what SM needs for a long time ago.

-logfile /home/miner/name_log.log with -dbg of your choice. Then you can view it over ssh with nano /home/miner/name_log.log, I bet you get the point. Make sure to save log to proper path, as claymore on smos launches on temporary dir that get rewritten on every miner start, hence you would lose your log.
Activity: 81
Hi, any way to save logs on claymore (for example)

I get some many reboots on 2 rigs and for sure riser is the problem, but I cant see log and know wich gpu fails.

I saw -dgb and -logfile commands, anyone tried it?

Thanks and thanks tytanick to your hard work for more frequency updates on SM, this is what SM needs for a long time ago.
My rig is remote so as along as it keeps hashing I try to avoid router reboots, DNS changes (clearing cache), but given you have them locally, I would try google DNS if not tried already, rebooting your router and ofcourse checking if you dont have cloudfare ban. From the chat with SMOS moderator yesterday:

my rig isnt shown in dashboard or as OFF?
1.power failure / internet outtage (check internet connection and if rig is working)
2.pendrive coruption - boot rig and see if it is booting properly, connecting to simplemining and starts mining
3.pendrive corruption/ rare case - sometime email can revert to its original “[email protected]” - check if you have your email in config or is the file corupted
4.cloudflare ban (to check this you need to enter simplemining.net website and see if there is some kind of block message or captcha to solve)
5.dns problem - your ISP problem, you can solve this by using google dns (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4), also you can reboot router to see if that helps.
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
Same issue as dougnliz, started just around 2-3 hours ago for the first time. Also SSH down, script that pings me every for minutes also does not ping anymore. Whats going on? On the official chat there are more people with the issue.
Rig responds to ping, but does not let to SSH.

Possibly just claymore 11.2 update buggy (switched to it just yesterday)?

about  two to three hours ago this also began happening to my rigs, first it was one rig, that went to status OFF(0), after having never been down in days, then the second rig went off, then the third, all staggered around an hour apiece, I can reboot them and get them booted back up, and they start taking work, but they never talk with the Simple Miner servers, and thus show OFF(0) on the simple miner dashboard, there is something really odd going on here, it's as if the simple miner management server is having an issue?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT, I was experiencing the same trouble and no amount of rig resetting was solving my problem, So I went into the Simple miner dash board from my windows pc, deleted the three rigs, rebooted the machines, they then came online with no OC setting and no rig names, everything back to default, I re-entered all of my known good parameters, from Rig names, to OC settings, and mining groups, and now everything is back working as intended, so hopefully this is a permanent solution, if they go back into a compete lock out state again, I will update,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity: 5
i did not understand... ppl pay them a lot of money why cant they just add new miners? i mean its not a big deal....
Please guys just read few posts back Smiley
We are hard working on ccminer and i can tell you that it should be veeery soon in our reporitory.
Just need few more tests and they will be ready to use. Just please read previous posts and do not ask over and over Sad

Same issue as dougnliz, started just around 2-3 hours ago for the first time. Also SSH down, script that pings me every for minutes also does not ping anymore. Whats going on? On the official chat there are more people with the issue.
Rig responds to ping, but does not let to SSH.
Possibly just claymore 11.2 update buggy (switched to it just yesterday)?
Can you try lowering OC settings and see if this will help ?
Please keep in mind that every 3 days the dag file size is increasing and this cound in deed causing some more and more problems with stability ( this is my opinion).
Also i asked people on chat and i do not receive any comments regarding that problem.

Just to add more clarity, I've had this problem on and off with this rig for a quite a while now, it's not a recent thing.  I've finally just gotten annoyed enough to ask for help to try and troubleshoot it.  It happens whether I'm using Claymore or DSTM.  Currently it's running DSTM.  I'll definitely try lowering the OC settings, I've been lowering just the most recent card I added, but it doesn't seem to be helping.   I'll lower the settings for the whole rig and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Just earlier on chat beside me:

shup91 7:24 PM
Hello! Help with the problem! Status off, but it works! Does anyone have a similar problem?

tytanick, rock solid for last month, the only thing I moved to claymore 11.2 yesterday that could be causing this or as you mentioned DAG file. Nevertheless RIG is mining stable, pool is showing shares and everything looks good, beside SSH and site dashboard status as OFF...
Jump to: