Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 198. (Read 835515 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
i did not understand... ppl pay them a lot of money why cant they just add new miners? i mean its not a big deal....
Please guys just read few posts back Smiley
We are hard working on ccminer and i can tell you that it should be veeery soon in our reporitory.
Just need few more tests and they will be ready to use. Just please read previous posts and do not ask over and over Sad

Same issue as dougnliz, started just around 2-3 hours ago for the first time. Also SSH down, script that pings me every for minutes also does not ping anymore. Whats going on? On the official chat there are more people with the issue.
Rig responds to ping, but does not let to SSH.
Possibly just claymore 11.2 update buggy (switched to it just yesterday)?
Can you try lowering OC settings and see if this will help ?
Please keep in mind that every 3 days the dag file size is increasing and this cound in deed causing some more and more problems with stability ( this is my opinion).
Also i asked people on chat and i do not receive any comments regarding that problem.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Same issue as dougnliz, started just around 2-3 hours ago for the first time. Also SSH down, script that pings me every for minutes also does not ping anymore. Whats going on? On the official chat there are more people with the issue.
Rig responds to ping, but does not let to SSH.

Possibly just claymore 11.2 update buggy (switched to it just yesterday)?
Activity: 5
Hi folks,

I have a problem with one rig I can't figure out.  The rig stops reporting to SMOS, but continues to mine normally.  So in the SMOS web interface it shows the rig as off, however when I pull up the monitor for that rig it's mining away.  I can also see the rig reporting shares/hashrate normally to the pool.  I don't see any GPU errors or anything like that.  It's a NVIDIA rig with 6 - 1060 6GB and 1 - 1070 TI.

Here's some other symptoms when it happens:

• I can't CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart the rig
  • Pressing the power button doesn't shutdown the rig
  • To reset I can HOLD the power button and it powers off normally that way.
  • If I'm running Claymore I can use the 'S' key and reports back the stats. So some keyboard input does work.

I have two other rigs that have never seen this issue.  Any thoughts on what I can check to see what's happening?

Thanks!
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
So when are you going to update the Nvidia graphic driver to 390.25?
Activity: 122
i did not understand... ppl pay them a lot of money why cant they just add new miners? i mean its not a big deal....
Activity: 210
can actual ccminer added? or SpMod2?

CC miner is there, but 5 months old version. Just for that reason I switched away from SMOS.
Activity: 122
can actual ccminer added? or SpMod2?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1656
is there a known stability issue with claymore 11.2 ?.. some RX580's keep freezing every couple of hours after the last update...
Activity: 19
someone knows why simplemining does not recognize me the GPU 1 (pci-e x16), is a rig of 6 x GTX1070oc motherboard ASUS Maximus VII Hero (old), only recognizes 5 GPU of 6, in windows it detects all the GPU (6)
Activity: 9
Wondering if anyone can help me out.  I'm trying to mine Digibyte with sgminer-gm-5.5.5, on Mining Pool Hub, using Skein.  The worker show up on the pool, but no hashrate.  I let it run for over an hour and nothing.
Here is the config that I'm using.

-k skeincoin -o hub.miningpoolhub.com:12016 -u BWHCoinLLC.$rigName:x -p x

Can someone let me know what I'm ding wrong?

I dont think you can use sgminer to mine DGB. You need NVIDIA GPU's with ccminer/alexis for skien.

It is not advisable to mine DGB using GPUs, because DGB is already minable using ASICS with various algos skien, scrypt, qubit, sha256 etc.

Thanks!  Thought I would try a cheap coin for speculation purposes.
Activity: 37
UPDATE
- added miner claymore-eth-v11.2

Thank you, tytanick!

Is there any chance you could add ccMiner Enemy 1.03 fork for Raven as well, please? Or something that supports algo -x16r?

There's a new AMD miner for x16r I'd love to see added to smos!

https://github.com/aceneun/sgminer-gm-x16r/releases

Activity: 29
TYTANICK.....can you please add PhoenixMiner to SMOS.

PhoenixMiner has no linux version.

Should be easy enough to do.
Activity: 2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with overcloking on my rig. My rig have asrock h110 with 11 gpu till now. But on the screen after i made the oc i have this error:gpu1 isnt rx,overclocking moving on. All my gpu sre rx 580 8 gb.i dont know what to do... even if i have 11 gpu when ov is made and appear on the screen it count 12 gpu.i more than i have...
Please help

Activity: 2
UPDATE

Thank you, tytanick!

Is there any chance you could add ccMiner Enemy 1.03 fork for Raven as well, please? Or something that supports algo -x16r?
Activity: 14
Hi guys,i recently started mining and a ran into a problem i cant find the solution to fix.I bought. Asrock h110 pro and a gtx 1060 3 g from gigabyte. I plug everything and started the rig worked fine for about 2 hours. I was trying out the overclocking with the minimum set point that was recomended for my card. My gpu never went above 63 celcius and 110 watts (from a watt meter)and suddlently got the message no screen session found. The gpu fan starts and stops after a little while. But if i unplug the psie razer the fan starts and doesnt stop. Any idea how to fix it?
Activity: 11
UPDATE

Oh, it so kawaiii... Sory, but no. Man, update ccminer to 2.2 and another green-algo miners, otherwise I will have to go to the hivefarm with a dozen farms.
Activity: 41
Merit: 1

PhoenixMiner has no linux version.
Activity: 29
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
hello everybody,

I am desperate in finding a solution to my problem. I have several rigs with Nvidia 1070 cards that work perfectly and can be easily overclocked via simple-mining website. The problem is that when I try to overclock my AMD 580 and 570 cards instead, I get no result apart from changing the fan speed. So changing the power-stage and undervolting do not affect power consumption.

I need to solve the problem. I bought 800 units of XFX 580 XXX 8GB with hynyx and samsung memory and although I get 29mhs/s the rig power consumption is 1200W per rig of 6 GPUs. And this is so bad.

0.2 Ethereum to whomever first solve the problem

Try reducing your core clock. Undervolting in linux is not perfect. I get least power consumption in windows followed by ethos and then simplemining. Windows is hard to manage with multiple rig and ethos gives a slightly less hash rate. The only way to reduce power consumption is to reduce core clock. Reduce the core clock till the gain made by reduction in power consumption is equal to loss incur by hash rate reduction.
hello bro and thank you for the answer

the fact is that I can't manage to get under 950W by playing with power stage and core clock and core undervolting without dropping to 16mhs and below.....
can you suggest me a setting that could work with my XFX RX 580 XXX 8GB?
my goal is to go under 700w per 28mhs

Only windows can give you 700w per 28mhs. I am running 6 rx 570 4 gb in simplemining at 900 and 7 rx 570 4 gb in windows at 880.
I managed to go on 950 w with 38.5 mhs but given the cost of electricity where I live, it is not a sufficient improvement.

What about modifying the bios? The fact is that having 800 units of these GPUs (I am not kidding, 800 units) I need to be able to manage the whole thing without having to restart the rig from a crash once every day (maybe less, maybe more, it's windows). Can you imagine doing this for 130 rigs? Is there something I don't get or know that can solve the issue?

You can do few things

1) Modify the voltage, mem and core clocks in bios only.
2) Then try in simplemining, ethos and last in windows.
3) There is one guide on internet on how to setup windows for mining. I have some of my rigs running continuously for months on window without any issue. Always remember to modify the voltage, mem and core clocks in bios, when using window so that loading is very fast after crash.  I am converting all my AMD rigs from simplemining to windows due to excessive heat issue (summer is coming). Nvdia rigs will remain with simplemining.
Jump to: