Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 195. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi tytanick, do you take feature requests over the forum? if so can you / will you add a shutdown button next to the restart button in the dashboard?

Thanks in advance
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
Can you please add bminer to your SMOS? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annbminer-a-fast-equihashethashcuckaroo29z-miner-for-amdnvidia-gpus-1649-2519271

I have a problem with dstm miner in your SMOS. Using 12 x P106 mining cards, they all work good for about 2-3 hours, after that time, the hashrate is starting to decline from 3700+ Sol/s to 2000 Sol/s for unknown reason. When using ewbf miners, the speed is lower and the machine is restarting more frequently, but the miner stays at 3500+ Sol/s. bminer should be better alternative to both of these miner programs, and I found out that it gives higher performance and also better stability.

I'm currently mining with dstm on SMoS through flypool, but everyone seems to agree that bminer is a slightly faster. i cannot get the config line to work for flypool on SMoS. can somone provide an example of the complete config line

Did you get this to work? If not, here's mine:

-uri stratum://t1dKEztZZH9a4bZQQhv55AdC5ESXCVuC4K6.$zecrigs@us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333

Haven't done any highly controlled scientific comparison, but hash on pool side (to account for possible hash diversion alleged against bminer) does indeed look 2-3% higher than dstm5.8 after 3 days of observation, including the 1% rejected shares (which seems common with bminer).

Thanks to Tytanick for adding this.
Activity: 438
Merit: 27
can you add the RVN Miner Enemy pls?
Activity: 40
Hi,
At simplemining 1050ti's powerlimit not working?
From wall i read same watt usage when i power limit to 50 watt, it consumes 75watt

1060's working fine, the problem is 1050 and 1060 uses same watt downside is 1050 gaves 14.8Mhs, 1060 gaves 23.9Mhs  both 75 watts Embarrassed, claymore settings can not apply powerlimit to nvidia cards, how can 1050ti users power limit their gpu's

Thanks.

sory for my english.

set it to 53

Thanks for reply, I'll try  Smiley
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
Hi,
From wall i read same watt usage when i power limit to 50 watt, it consumes 75watt

1060's working fine, the problem is 1050 and 1060 uses same watt downside is 1050 gaves 14.8Mhs, 1060 gaves 23.9Mhs  both 75 watts Embarrassed, claymore settings can not apply powerlimit to nvidia cards, how can 1050ti users power limit their gpu's

Thanks.

sory for my english.

set it to 53
Activity: 40
Hi,

Thanks.

sory for my english.

Activity: 21
My 2 rigs are online but one of them always look offline. When I restart the rig, after 2-3 hours it again looks offline. Why does it occur?

https://ibb.co/gnjwxn

https://ibb.co/jzsicn
Activity: 1
It´s possible separate fan control?
Activity: 42
Should we wait for Nvidia P104 cards support??
Activity: 23
I had 3x GTX 1080's, then I added a GTX 1080 Ti which is in pci slot 4. Why does this come up as GPU 0 in SMoS? Also, if i run the card by itself, i can OC to get around 740 sol/s in dstm, however when i plug in my 3 1080's, it drops to 650 sol/s-ish. if i try to OC any further, SMoS crashes
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
I have exactly the same issue @tytanick any plans of fixing this?
I have also exactly the same issue.

And this is the reason that I am changing my AMD rigs from SimpleMining to Windows.
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
I have also exactly the same issue.
Activity: 3
power consumption : Tytanick, settings below 900mV seem not to work on RX570/580 cards I have here (Sapphire Nitro, Pulse). Didn't try any else.

With SMOS, the lowest consumption I can achieve is ~150W at wall.  Asus Prime H270-Plus with January2018 BIOS, CPU G4560, 4GB RAM, single RX580 Sapphire Nitro at this moment but I tested with different cards up to 7 installed, 240V Europe, Corsair TX-850M (should be about 89.5% effective at this load). GPU 1000MHz, VMEM 1900MHz, underclocked BIOS.

MB+CPU+RAM consume 35W idle in Windows and SMOS without any GPU installed  - 35W measured at wall [!] after power supply ineffectivity etc.  With single GPU installed but not mining, Windows consumes about 47W ; SMOS 65W. Windows configured with High Performance profile, no CPU savings, no PCI-e savings in BIOS.

GPU Voltage set in web interface  |  Consumption at wall with SMOS

1100mV   180W
1000mV   170W
900mV   153W
850mV     153W
800mV   153W
750mV     153W

I feel it does NOT work as it should.

Powerstage 0      153W
Powerstage 1      153W
Powerstage 2      153W
Powerstage 3      153W
Powerstage 4      153W
Powerstage 5      153W
Powerstage 6      153W

Powerstage setting has absolutely no effect on power consumption at all. All these tests conducted with 1000MHz GPU, 1900MHz VMEM, 27.2MH/s. This particular card maxes out at 1950MHz memories no matter what voltage I apply, it's a crap.

I know PowerStage settings work in different settings and scenarios - I'm running some rigs with 1100MHz GPUs, 2000+MHz VMEMs and there is big difference in power consumption between PS6 and PS2. Generally I'm using PowerStage2 almost everywhere because PS1 and PS0 do NOT bring any decrease in real consumption / temperatures and everything above PS2 is heavily increasing power consumption.  Because I'm totally stable at PS2, that's what I use ; difference in power consumption between PS6 and PS2 is about 400 Watts with each [!] rig I have.

Here, in this particular case, PowerStage has totally no influence on power consumption.

GPU voltage settings BELOW 900mV  DO NOT have any effect on total consumption in SMOS, while they work in Windows. Decreasing GPU and VMEM in ATI WattMan (newest drivers, Adrenaline v18.2.3 dated 22/Febr/2018) below 900mV works correctly in Windows, HWINFO64 and GPU-Z report lower voltages for both memory and GPU and it is reflected on real wattage measured at wall.  I can get to 750mV GPU and VMEM with 120W total rig consumption at wall and yes, it's stable at 1000/1900MHz.

Lowest I'm able to achieve with SMOS is 152-153W.  I've tried so much...

So, the effective delta in power consumption between Windows and SMOS can be 20 Watts per card.  With 10 card rig, that is 200 Watts which really is a lot, especially if you have 10+ rigs.  Will you please look into this ? Any diagnostic output you need ? I can give you SSH access if needed.

And it's not just about power consumption - it's about temperatures, too. Of course Windows10 runs these cards cooler, because it is able to use lower voltage.

I even tried to lower voltages in BIOS, programming 850 (manual) or 65282 even 65281 in appropriate frequencies. Makes no difference in both Windows and SMOS.
Measurements in Windows taken with lowest voltage set as 65282 in BIOS. I'm not saying this is equivalent of 750mV, I'm saying power management in Ubuntu might be "not optimal" and potentially not working below 900mV. Regardless of what is in BIOS, it works in Windows.

Any hints or tips, please throw my way.  Is there anything in Ubuntu like HWINFO64 in Windows ? How can I display parameters of AMD RX570/580, such as frequencies, voltages etc ?

right undervolt does not work, I'm doing 850mv 1150 core, the house is getting high electricity from the wall, it was not like this before

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
I'm having issues with the R-version of the OS.

It boots straight into the desktop (I can see the desktop), and never starts the miner-program.
Anyway I can manually start the miner?

It's been like this for weeks now, and I just tried with the newest version from your page, same result.

It was working fine until July!

Anyone else had this problem?

Bump.

An answer would be nice, I've already lost a month of mining on the R-rig..
Please test the RX&NV version. Your GPU could work there , please check and let me know if it helps ?
Please also write to [email protected] about your issue and ask that ticket will be assigned to me (Tytanick).
also please post some video about this issue and your motherboard, cpu, gpu models.

UPDATE
- added miner claymore-eth-v11.3

SECURITY INFO:
BE AWARE of any android application that poses to be simplemining app !!
Curently WE DO NOT have any android or ios application.
Please do not use any Android or IOS app - they will steal your login and password.
We already wrote to google and developer of this app.
If you used any app on android or ios EXCEPT normal web browser then please change your password !

Activity: 14
@tytanick

Plz help,

I am using SMOS from 3 months, but now i am facing a problem, plz help me to solve that problem.

I have created a new Rig of nvidia 1060 6 gb cards, i am using biostar btc pro with latest claymore for eth mining on ethpool. using 2x1000 watt gold psu.

My problem is that SMOS is not overclocing my last cards. Smos overclock 11 cards properly, but when i connect it 12th card it does not overclock it, i have also tried changing many cards, but the problem remains same. i am also using same motherboard with amd 570 4gb, but there this type of problem never comes.
This problem is coming in only nvidia cards. plz help to solve it.

i shall be very thankful to you for this.

@any other expert can also help me..
Activity: 9
Can I somehow edit/access the thread configuration file for the XMR stak?

I found a great config on my windows rig and can't figure out how to apply it in SMOS.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
can claymore neoscrypt miner be added?
Activity: 11
cheat sheet???
logs?
why restarting 5 times?
reset hung task detector?
Activity: 18
tytanic, thank you so much for the dashboard improvement! Now it works fine and doesn't make me to log-in every 30 minutes) It even supports being logged-in from different devices, wow!
I'm so happy with SMOS again  Cheesy
Activity: 6
Hi everyone. Asrock h87 pro4, 4 gtx 1060 .After 1 hour paus my rig didn't want to boot. I have get error code: the external power cable is not correctly attached.
If I boot on win 10 os its work, I have no problem with power connection. What can be the problem ? bios ? driver ? or what ?
any ideas ?
Jump to: