Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 209. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I started getting WATCHDOG: GPU # hangs in OpenCL call, exit and reset today. let me forewarn you I have my miner in a plastic shed outside and it rained pretty heavily today. Both rigs went offline so I had to change some stuff in bios again to get them to work, I assume they reset due to rain. They are both working right now, I have 1 Nvidia based rig and 1 AMD based rig. The Nvidia rig is fine but now I'm getting that error on the AMD rig, I changed risers on the effected gpu, it's a powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8Gb unmodded bios and no result. I tried to run just that card and no luck, I restored the OC to normal and made sure the OC switch on the card was on "OC" instead of "Silent". Not sure what to do next, pretty sure water got on the card but I want to be positive ha ha! Please help!

Try the gpu on some other pc pref. both Windows and ethos (cause i had a few times that some gpus work on ethos but not Windows or the other way around..also switch every other gpus (that u know works) raisers with this 1 in the pcie slot on the mobo (also had that problem once) to see that the GPU didnt fry the pcie slot on the mobo
Activity: 10
I started getting WATCHDOG: GPU # hangs in OpenCL call, exit and reset today. let me forewarn you I have my miner in a plastic shed outside and it rained pretty heavily today. Both rigs went offline so I had to change some stuff in bios again to get them to work, I assume they reset due to rain. They are both working right now, I have 1 Nvidia based rig and 1 AMD based rig. The Nvidia rig is fine but now I'm getting that error on the AMD rig, I changed risers on the effected gpu, it's a powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8Gb unmodded bios and no result. I tried to run just that card and no luck, I restored the OC to normal and made sure the OC switch on the card was on "OC" instead of "Silent". Not sure what to do next, pretty sure water got on the card but I want to be positive ha ha! Please help!

[/quote]

SRR?

See SimpleRigResetter at https://simplemining.net/

See https://youtu.be/EMZpnAt08Yk

[/quote]

No issues with the rigs going down like that and needing a full restart, just the mining software needs to be restarted, so something where SMOS realizes the cards have all gone down to 20 celcius territory and it just auto restarts the mining software to take on work again.
Activity: 12
Hello, I have a wierd problem with my rig on simplemining.
I am mining ETH with 6x Rx 580 4gb on AsRock h81 pro btc mobo with 4gb of gskill ram Allah powered by zalman 1000w 80+ psu.at one point i put it on dual mining eth+dec and it was working perfect for 2 months (clocks 1150/2040). and then it started...
Crash after a crash,sometimes iz would reboot on its own sometimes iz wouldnt...then it started restarting over and over,100 restarts im 24h..I thought it had low powered supply so I bought 1 more psu (fortron hyper 700w),that didnt help.set it to mine only eth again,nothing..changed the ram and usb stick with os,nothing..lowered the clocks to 1150/2020 and 1150/2000,reflashed the vbios on cards etc..after all that the restarts stoped but then it just wouldnt see all 6 cards..changed all 6 raisers that helped im a way that it stoped restarting,saw all 6 cards,everything was fine for 72 houres when it was at my friends place.now it is at my house and now Im getting a message "binary file standard input matches" sometimes every 10-12h,sometimes after 1h and i news to reboot it on simplemining and then it works again. I changed all 6 raisers again and it didnt help again (so i changed 18 raisers so far)...just dont know what else to do.
Activity: 1
hello. when updating ccminer 2.3.0-allium ?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi. When are you coming with the Auto Profit Based Switching?

For example if the ZEC is more profitable to mine instead of ETH? Your OS automatically switches to ZEC Mining without the need of manual input.

Please let me know since Auto-Profit Based Switching is what we need at the current time.

Thanks.

see https://github.com/MultiPoolMiner/MultiPoolMiner/releases

But this is only on Windows

To get an equivalent working on SMOS would defeat the purpose because SMOS is a rig/farm management system NOT a miner application

OR

checkout nvOC by fullzero, it has a working multi-algo switch and its on Ubuntu Linux.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Anyone else want an auto restart feature on miners? Would be super handy to be able to setup an autorestart on miners in case they stop taking on work overnight in SMOS. Still a semi regular occurrence.

SRR?

See SimpleRigResetter at https://simplemining.net/

See https://youtu.be/EMZpnAt08Yk
Activity: 19
Do you guys know how to run SMOS with amdgpu-pro rev 16.60?
I found that RX 550 cards work with this driver.
Desperately waiting for a solution Sad
Activity: 19
Hi. When are you coming with the Auto Profit Based Switching?

For example if the ZEC is more profitable to mine instead of ETH? Your OS automatically switches to ZEC Mining without the need of manual input.

Please let me know since Auto-Profit Based Switching is what we need at the current time.

Thanks.
Activity: 4
Do you have plan to update ccminer ?
Anyone else want an auto restart feature on miners? Would be super handy to be able to setup an autorestart on miners in case they stop taking on work overnight in SMOS. Still a semi regular occurrence.

Activity: 1
Any pointers will help with my 8 rx 580 GPU rig I just put together PLEASE!!!

I have the following:
6 x Gigabyte RX 580 8GB
1 x Asus RX 580 8GB
1 x Saphhire RX 580 GB
ASUS Prime Z270-A
CPU G4400
1 x 4GB Ballistix DDR 4 Memory  
8 x Risers
2 x EVGA SuperNova 850W G2 PSU

and i have simple mining os ( smos )  running and i'm only getting 180 mh/s  .. any overclock or bios mods that are recommended to get more out of the cards? [/u]

core/mem looks like this at the moment
1365 1411 1365 1411 1365 1340 1365 1365 (1)
2000 2000 2000 2000 2000 2000 2000 2000
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
@tytanick
The problem is not with hacking , today i was testing one of my GPUs on old  motherboard that whenever i use SMOS i gain access to some dude rig with 4x 1070GTX that will run the same config as my H61 Rig  , swapped another USB drive , another GPU , same story ..Then i refresh and it is gone from rig list but running at the pool , probably that dude didnt set rig group and leaving it at default .

rig_0 is not mine but i can assign it my groups .

Edit : Apparently he can also control my rig and assign it to his groups

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I have had all four rigs in one location "Default" to mining XMR for someone else.

They all have the recommended updated config.

=== WARNING TO USERS ===

Hijacking of SMOS rigs is happening again.

Here's what happened to me yesterday at night: SMOS suddenly started to mine XMR. The web monitoring page showed an error, but the rig was forking full speed. I could see it was mining XMR by opening console window or by checking the monitor which is attached to the rig.

There was no change under Rig Groups configuration: the rig mined monero although my SMOS config for mining ethereum was active. Therefore I suspect the attacker didn't use frontend (like by compromising my credentials) to gain access.

The same problem occured to me last week or so when we all got the notification from the dev that we should asap add
Code:
-mport 127.0.0.1:3333
to the miner config. I did that and thought I was being safe, but apparently I am not.

I checked my router and am not forwarding any ports to outside world.

Any idea what else I could do to protect the rig from being hijacked?

Thank you and all the best to all of you honest miners!

I have same problem in one rig help me!

use negative port number

-mport 127.0.0.1:-3333
Activity: 2
I have had all four rigs in one location "Default" to mining XMR for someone else.

They all have the recommended updated config.

=== WARNING TO USERS ===

Hijacking of SMOS rigs is happening again.

Here's what happened to me yesterday at night: SMOS suddenly started to mine XMR. The web monitoring page showed an error, but the rig was forking full speed. I could see it was mining XMR by opening console window or by checking the monitor which is attached to the rig.

There was no change under Rig Groups configuration: the rig mined monero although my SMOS config for mining ethereum was active. Therefore I suspect the attacker didn't use frontend (like by compromising my credentials) to gain access.

The same problem occured to me last week or so when we all got the notification from the dev that we should asap add
Code:
-mport 127.0.0.1:3333
to the miner config. I did that and thought I was being safe, but apparently I am not.

I checked my router and am not forwarding any ports to outside world.

Any idea what else I could do to protect the rig from being hijacked?

Thank you and all the best to all of you honest miners!

I have same problem in one rig help me!
Activity: 114

There should be no any problem but make sure you have boot enabled in you mobo. and while boot process you are connected to your Gpu or Mobo for display? if nothing shows up than check your mobo reset bios or if needed update the latest, It happened to me (Not detecting my all GPU) downloaded current bios update and updated boot option re-checked and now its running 24/7 wit 12Gpu

yes I was planning on connecting my monitor to the on-board vga not one of the GPUs.

When you say to have boot enabled..... you mean boot from the usb drive Yes?
Zac  
Activity: 3
Hello,
Thank you for your response. I get with this motherboard Gigabyte B250 Fintech simply no USB stick or a hard drive not to boot. Every other motherboard will boot without problems! This board only accepts bootsticks which are in Uefi GPT format!
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K
Hello,

I have a gigabyte B250 fintech motherboard. I just can not get simplemining to boot. No matter if via USB stick or hard disk. I tried Etcher and Rufus. Maybe someone has an idea? Thank you!
I have a gigabyte B250 fintech motherboard. I just can not get simplemining to boot. No matter if via USB stick or hard disk. I tried Etcher and Rufus. Maybe someone has an idea? Thank you!

I had a same issue on my GA-MA770T and GA-EP43/EP45T mobos.

Try HDDRawCopy1.10Portable.exe - I use only it and really do not understand why does Tytanic recommend Etcher for SMOS.

There should be no any problem but make sure you have boot enabled in you mobo. and while boot process you are connected to your Gpu or Mobo for display? if nothing shows up than check your mobo reset bios or if needed update the latest, It happened to me (Not detecting my all GPU) downloaded current bios update and updated boot option re-checked and now its running 24/7 wit 12Gpu
Activity: 42
Activity: 114
hello everyone, i would like to know please. can i just run from the pen drive and not even install windows onto my drive?

so in theory i don't even have to have ssd/hd or even windows installed.i can just set my bios, plug my GPUs in and boot from the flashed pen drive?

is this correct or not advised.

thanks
zac

my Mobo will be: GA-B250-FinTech (rev. 1.0). with intel Celron and just 4gb DDR4
Jump to: