Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 211. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hey Tytanick, will you please give some consideration to adding bminer (https://www.bminer.me/releases/) to your next iteration? 5.3 is the latest version.

I too am finding that using it on Win 10 I get dramatically better results in conjunction with Nvidia GPU's.

DSTM's miner is kind of hit and miss and there is the eternal problem of it slowing down after it starts. I experience no such problems with bminer.

I'm actually getting demonstrably better hashrates and payouts using bminer on Flypool than using EWBF with no fee enabled. And that is allowing bminer's 2% fee.

There has been a lot of talk in this forum about enabling bminer by spoofing sgminer but I would just rather use it natively if you would be kind enough to add it when you can.

Many thanks.

Activity: 4
Updated bminer install directions in SMOS courtesy Greerso from the VoskCoin group.

1.  Log into your smOS install via ssh.

Code:
ssh miner@

Code:
miner@simpleminer:~$
2.  Login as root.

Code:
miner@simpleminer:~$ sudo -s

Code:
miner@simpleminer:~#
3.  Change to the smOS miners directory.

Code:
root@simpleminer:~# cd /root/miner_org
4.  Download bminer.

Code:
root@simpleminer:/root/miner_org# wget https://www.bminercontent.com/releases/bminer-v5.3.0-e337b9a-amd64.tar.xz
5.  Expand the compressed directory, then delete the downloaded file.

Code:
root@simpleminer:/root/miner_org# tar -xvf bminer-v5.3.0-e337b9a-amd64.tar.xz
root@simpleminer:/root/miner_org# rm bminer-v5.3.0-e337b9a-amd64.tar.xz
6.  Choose one of the existing miners that you would like to replace with bminer, I chose 'sgminer-gm-5.5.5', then rename that folder so that smOS ignores it.

Code:
root@simpleminer:/root/miner_org# mv sgminer-gm-5.5.5 sgminer-gm-5.5.5_backup
7.  Create a symlink from the bminer directory to the sgminer directory and enter that directory.

The line below has been updated to reflect a change in the tarball as distributed by bminer. If it does not work, please look at the folder that you downloaded and make a link to that, exactly as it appears for you, these directory names contain version information that will change. If you can not list a directory in linux and find a directory, google it (hint: 'ls'), if you still can't figure it out, you have no business installing another miner in smos. You should see a folder that you expanded from the tar file. Currently it is named bminer-v5.3.0-e337b9a (could be something else by the time you read this, so check what you download and expanded.

Code:
root@simpleminer:/root/miner_org# ln -s bminer-v5.3.0-e337b9a sgminer-gm-5.5.5
root@simpleminer:/root/miner_org# cd sgminer-gm-5.5.5

8.  Create a symlink from the bminer application to masquerade as sgminer.

Code:
root@simpleminer:/root/miner_org/sgminer-gm-5.5.5# ln -s bminer sgminer
9.  Go to http://simplemining.net and setup a new rig group for sgminer-gm-5.5.5 with the following miner options.  This example is for MPH, but whatever your preferred pool is can go here.  Change to your username duh.

Code:
-uri stratum://[email protected]:20594 -no-timestamps -api 127.0.0.1:1880
10.  Assign the new sgminer (really bminer) to a rig.
Activity: 3
Hello, i have a problem with simplemining os. I'm running 10 x gtx 1080 ti on asrock h110 btc motherboard.

Don't know how to fix this anymore. Please help.

For my experience there are 3 ways for that:

1. Seems to be your SMOS image was corrupted.
Especially if you use USB pendrive - I had to change all my rigs to HDDs because of that.
It happened after "some reason reboot" of the rig. I had to overwrite the image again.
When one of my pendrives was damaged so that it couldn't be read by any program and PC, I changed it to old IDE HDD, and though that rig could reboot still I never had that "kernel panic" issue ever more. Then I changed all my rigs to HDDs.

In one rig, after using it for months, I found that it would be better to set BIOS RAM settings manually instead of "Auto".
Don't know why, but now it's stable much-much more.

2. One of your card is damaged. Bad issue, but may be...

3. Some settings in BIOS bring some conflict on PCI-e bus. For example: try to swich off unused devices in BIOS (like SATA or USB, Audio and so on).

Hope could help anyway...

Hi, thanks for the advice. In bios audio is turned off. I will change now smos to my SSD and try again. I can't run it for more than 24h, restarts constantly.It's driving me crazy.
Activity: 44
How come SMOS ID's the gpu's in wrong order? You know what I mean 0,1,2, etc.

I have a rig built with 7 GTX 1060's. The first 4 installed are Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb cards starting from first slot. The last 3 installed are Asus Dual GTX 1060 3gb cards. But SMOS ID's them as -

"0" - 6 gb card
"1" - 3 gb card - should be 6 gb card
"2" - 3 gb card - should be 6 gb card
"3" - 6 gb card
"4" - 6 gb card - should be 3 gb card
"5" - 6 gb card - should be 3 gb card
"6" - 3 gb card

Does anyone know this is?

tytanick can you tell me why or help to fix this?

whats your mainboard? smos id's nothing, how does the bios id's it?

ask your mainboard manufacturer, this has nothing to do with smos

phyiscal aligntment of the slots does not automatically mean it's is the internal alignment.

And where is the problem if YOU know the aligntment of the cards?
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
How come SMOS ID's the gpu's in wrong order? You know what I mean 0,1,2, etc.

I have a rig built with 7 GTX 1060's. The first 4 installed are Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb cards starting from first slot. The last 3 installed are Asus Dual GTX 1060 3gb cards. But SMOS ID's them as -

"0" - 6 gb card
"1" - 3 gb card - should be 6 gb card
"2" - 3 gb card - should be 6 gb card
"3" - 6 gb card
"4" - 6 gb card - should be 3 gb card
"5" - 6 gb card - should be 3 gb card
"6" - 3 gb card

Does anyone know this is?

tytanick can you tell me why or help to fix this?
Activity: 20
How do I add failover pools in smos?
Activity: 33
Merit: 1
Correction:  The correct command at the time of writing is 
Code:
ln -s bminer-v5.3.0-e337b9a sgminer-gm-5.5.5

Regardless of this, look at the folder that you downloaded and make a link to that, exactly as it appears for you, these directory names contain version information that will change.

Hey,

There is a problem in this line
Code:
ln -s bminer-v5.3.0 sgminer-gm-5.5.5
  if you
Code:
ls -latr
you will see that the folder that you expanded from the tar file is actually named bminer-v5.3.0-e337b9a (could be something else by the time you read this, so check what you download and expand.

The correct command at the time of writing is 
Code:
ln -s bminer-v5.3.0 sgminer-gm-5.5.5-e337b9a

I have an updated tutorial and will be adding how to add a cpu miner to smos here.  https://steemit.com/@greerso . If I overlooked something in the rules about posting that kind of link here I would be happy to remove it and just paste the content here.  IMO a link to the source material that I may update is more useful.

Please add BMINNER !

You can do this yourself, courtesy Greerso from the VoskCoin group.

Code:
ssh miner@

Code:
2.  Login as root.

Code:

Code:

Code:
4.  Download bminer.

Code:
root@simpleminer:/root/miner_org# wget https://www.bminercontent.com/releases/bminer-v5.3.0-e337b9a-amd64.tar.xz

Code:
6.  Choose one of the existing miners that you would like to replace with bminer, I chose 'sgminer-gm-5.5.5', then rename that folder so that smOS ignores it.

Code:
7.  Create a symlink from the bminer directory to the sgminer directory and enter that directory.

Code:
root@simpleminer:/root/miner_org# ln -s bminer-v5.3.0 sgminer-gm-5.5.5

Code:
9.  Go to http://simplemining.net and setup a new rig group for sgminer-gm-5.5.5 with the following miner options.  This example is for MPH, but whatever your preferred pool is can go here.  Change to your username duh.

Code:

Sit back and watch your sol/s and sol/w hit new highs.

If you think I'm awesome, send me your zencash!  If your rig sets on fire, you did something wrong, this worked for me.

Hey mate,

I followed your guide and I ended up here https://imgur.com/NCdp0Wt

am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for help :-)
Activity: 20
Hi

How do I configure fail over pools in smos?
Activity: 438
Merit: 27
I am using Simplemining and it shows like this:

GPU3 48C Sol/s: 549.8 Sol/W: 3.95 Avg: 549.8 I/s: 293.7 Sh: 2.06 0.95
========== Sol/s: 2310.2 Sol/W: 3.96 Avg: 2330.7 I/s: 1248.1 Sh: 7.95 0.98
GPU0 44C Sol/s: 675.8 Sol/W: 4.01 Avg: 681.6 I/s: 366.0 Sh: 2.45 0.96
GPU1 57C Sol/s: 541.7 Sol/W: 3.90 Avg: 545.7 I/s: 291.9 Sh: 2.27 1.00
GPU2 53C Sol/s: 559.1 Sol/W: 3.97 Avg: 553.6 I/s: 296.3 Sh: 1.09 1.00
GPU3 48C Sol/s: 540.0 Sol/W: 3.94 Avg: 549.5 I/s: 293.6 Sh: 2.09 0.96
========== Sol/s: 2316.6 Sol/W: 3.96 Avg: 2330.3 I/s: 1247.8 Sh: 7.89 0.98

Any hints to get it each in 1 Line?

Regards

Wotan
Activity: 7
hey guys, apologies if this has been answered before, but simple mining has been working perfectly for me up until yesterday. now all of a sudden, every single rig says "gpu 0 unresponsive, check overclocking" I check it and lower it a bit and it works fine for a couple hours then the same thing happens. I also am receiving "sinit timeout" and "msg buffer full" errors....any help?

Mining on equihash via dstm. cards were running around 60 degrees so nothing was overheating or blowing up. Using multiple different cards
Activity: 3
on SMOS my rx 580´s only get 19 MH/s eacch instead of the 28 MH´s Mining ethereum with claymore anyone know why this is?
I'm using latest Claymore v11 and i'm getting 182Mh on Pirl with 6x RX580- Core is 1175 and Mem is 2200 using about 1K Watts
Activity: 42
Hey,

Code:
  if you
Code:
ls -latr
you will see that the folder that you expanded from the tar file is actually named bminer-v5.3.0-e337b9a (could be something else by the time you read this, so check what you download and expand.

Code:
I did it that way
Code:
ln -s bminer-v5.3.0-e337b9a sgminer-gm-5.5.5
And it works
Activity: 18
How much time came from my post about assigning to MAC, 1 hour? I had to log-in again for 2 times from that moment already! Tytanic, please, do not upset me so much, it is really crazy...... Cry
Hello, i have a problem with simplemining os. I'm running 10 x gtx 1080 ti on asrock h110 btc motherboard.

For my experience there are 3 ways for that:

1. Seems to be your SMOS image was corrupted.
Especially if you use USB pendrive - I had to change all my rigs to HDDs because of that.
It happened after "some reason reboot" of the rig. I had to overwrite the image again.
When one of my pendrives was damaged so that it couldn't be read by any program and PC, I changed it to old IDE HDD, and though that rig could reboot still I never had that "kernel panic" issue ever more. Then I changed all my rigs to HDDs.

In one rig, after using it for months, I found that it would be better to set BIOS RAM settings manually instead of "Auto".
Don't know why, but now it's stable much-much more.

2. One of your card is damaged. Bad issue, but may be...

3. Some settings in BIOS bring some conflict on PCI-e bus. For example: try to swich off unused devices in BIOS (like SATA or USB, Audio and so on).

Hope could help anyway...
Please, link account login to MAC-address, not to IP. It is so f*ing annoying to log-in entering Captcha - again and again every 30 minutes after dynamic IP was changed by internet provider (or after I switched for another tab in my browser for a few minutes).  Embarrassed Embarrassed

P.S.: Or just let user to switch Captcha off in account settings for his own responsibility.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

This is the first message i got when i start the miner

And after ~1 hour of mining i got this error

Maybe this is a hardware issue better to try troubleshoot them first try to remove 9 gpu and only run 1 gpu and if its running fine maybe you should check your bios i don't remember if what is it name but you must change something inside in chipset(bios) and change all to gen 1 or legacy. .
And try if its work..
But if the 1 gpu working maybe also there's problem about your risers put them 1 by 1 and test until  you found the issue.
Also make sure your h110 btc pro is bios update to date if ever you still not updated it to latest version you can download it here https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#BIOS
Theres a 3 option to flash the bios..
After that restore it to default and change again the all chipset to gen 1 or legacy and test..

Any one have working 1060 6Gb more than 20.5MHs?
In windows I have 25.5, in SMOS fixed to 20.5 whatever I do

I think you should overclock it in smos dashboard and use the settings that you use on windows lately..
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
IS there is a way to set failover pool ?
Activity: 33
Hey,

Code:
  if you
Code:
ls -latr

Code:

I have an updated tutorial and will be adding how to add a cpu miner to smos here.  https://steemit.com/@greerso . If I overlooked something in the rules about posting that kind of link here I would be happy to remove it and just paste the content here.  IMO a link to the source material that I may update is more useful.

Please add BMINNER !

You can do this yourself, courtesy Greerso from the VoskCoin group.

Code:
ssh miner@

Code:
2.  Login as root.

Code:

Code:

Code:
4.  Download bminer.

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:
root@simpleminer:/root/miner_org# ln -s bminer-v5.3.0 sgminer-gm-5.5.5

Code:

Code:

Sit back and watch your sol/s and sol/w hit new highs.

If you think I'm awesome, send me your zencash!  If your rig sets on fire, you did something wrong, this worked for me.

Hey mate,

I followed your guide and I ended up here https://imgur.com/NCdp0Wt

am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for help :-)
Activity: 69
Hi guys,

I build another rig.
I have Gigabyte GA-Z270P-D3.
SMOS starting but after miner not. I can goes only to command line.
Any idea what i can do to start miner?
on SMOS my rx 580´s only get 19 MH/s eacch instead of the 28 MH´s Mining ethereum with claymore anyone know why this is?

Here is what im receiving using claymore-eth-v11.0 on nanopool getting consistently 29-30 MH:

-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal wallet.$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -asm 1
Jump to: