Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 210. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Monitor don't show picture, when connected to onboard gpu.

Have this issue with Gigabyte P106-100, screen is usualy frozen but cards are working.
most boards have an option in the bios, if a gpu is connected then onboard output is disabled
Activity: 87

Have this issue with Gigabyte P106-100, screen is usualy frozen but cards are working.
Activity: 42
or other OS?
want to try win first
copper member
Activity: 20
I have small lot of rigs on smos.

Now I have four P104 rigs.

Overclock does not apply.
Lots of errors.

I could live with that for some time, but another thinf rigs keep rebooting, sometimes once minute, sometimes once an hour, sometimes stable for 2 hours, with following message:

"NVLM: cannot get current temperature, error 15"

So no - p104 is not fully supported in SMOS, and it does not work stable.

Try loading Ubuntu manually and launch claymore from there.
Activity: 3
The Gigabyte B250 Fintech Mainboard boots only if the stick is formatted in UEFI GPT. Is there a way to boot SMOS like this?
I have small lot of rigs on smos.

Now I have four P104 rigs.

Overclock does not apply.
Lots of errors.

I could live with that for some time, but another thinf rigs keep rebooting, sometimes once minute, sometimes once an hour, sometimes stable for 2 hours, with following message:

"NVLM: cannot get current temperature, error 15"

So no - p104 is not fully supported in SMOS, and it does not work stable.
Activity: 18
request for help
I deleted my standard mining group and now I can no longer put any one says that whenever information can not include any groups help me I'm using windows to not run out of minerar

Please write correctly with commas and dots, and describe your problem details. As for me, I did not get anything except of that you deleted you "default" mining group.... Huh
One question more, maybe someone knows...
I set my RX460 to default values 1216MHz for core and 1750MHz for mem, and largest power stage 7.
But cards are seemed to work on lower frequencies as shown (being still very cold). Why could it happen?
https://imgur.com/lZDaxM7
Hello, i have a problem with simplemining os. I'm running 10 x gtx 1080 ti on asrock h110 btc motherboard.

This is the first message i got when i start the miner

1. https://i.imgur.com/nT7cKM8.jpg
2. https://i.imgur.com/CcrWrO4.jpg

And after ~1 hour of mining i got this error

3. https://i.imgur.com/5TbbzqV.jpg

Don't know how to fix this anymore. Please help.

UPDATE and SOLUTION:

Just a small update regarding my issue. After 2 day testing every GPU one by one. I found that 3 risers where faulty, i'm using white risers with 6 pin power input. I have now replaced them and i hope rig will be finally stable. I will leave it now with 0 overclock and 165w power limit for next 24h and see if issue is gone.  Smiley
Bugfixes:
The Rig Group lists does not rename easily, they have som sort of autocorrection or whatever that makes renaming rig groups very annoying

Vote for that also with common problem.
When I edit Rig_Group name or Rig name, the cursor comes to the end of line by any key pressed - so I need to delete whole name and then type it fully again. You cannot change something in the middle of rig or rig_group name. Doesn't affect the hashrate, but still some bug  Tongue
I have a gigabyte B250 fintech motherboard. I just can not get simplemining to boot. No matter if via USB stick or hard disk. I tried Etcher and Rufus. Maybe someone has an idea? Thank you!

I had a same issue on my GA-MA770T and GA-EP43/EP45T mobos.

Try HDDRawCopy1.10Portable.exe - I use only it and really do not understand why does Tytanic recommend Etcher for SMOS.
Hello,

I have a gigabyte B250 fintech motherboard. I just can not get simplemining to boot. No matter if via USB stick or hard disk. I tried Etcher and Rufus. Maybe someone has an idea? Thank you!
Activity: 87
Hope they'll work, mine are coming in few days and I don't like Windows...  Angry
copper member
Activity: 20
Angry Angry Angry

NVIDIA P104 IS COMING TO SMOS OR NOT?

It's still not working, with latest update ?
From what I read around the internet and from what bitnand.com crew has put on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st0e-_3LAfQ
Seems that they're using standard NVIDIA chipset drivers on Ubuntu. So I am not sure why are there issues with SMOS build.

Activity: 28
Hi Everyone

Just built my first rig and I was going to install Windows 10 but I've just learnt of SMOS and really want to use it.
Problem: I've got R9 290 + GTX 970 cards.

SMOS offers:
R Series OS - Supports my R9 290
RX Series OS
NV Series OS - Supports my GTX 970
RX + NV Series OS

I cannot see option for R + NV Series OS.

Is there a way for me to run my two cards together on SMOS?
 Angry Angry Angry

NVIDIA P104 IS COMING TO SMOS OR NOT?

Activity: 141
Merit: 10
I always thought that starting from next to the cpu was 0, then next one was 1 and so on. And the OP is saying that is not the case. The bios see's them in a different order. Is this true? If so in linux how the hell do you tell which gpu is in what pcie slot?

How come SMOS ID's the gpu's in wrong order? You know what I mean 0,1,2, etc.

I have a rig built with 7 GTX 1060's. The first 4 installed are Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb cards starting from first slot. The last 3 installed are Asus Dual GTX 1060 3gb cards. But SMOS ID's them as -

"0" - 6 gb card
"1" - 3 gb card - should be 6 gb card
"2" - 3 gb card - should be 6 gb card
"3" - 6 gb card
"4" - 6 gb card - should be 3 gb card
"5" - 6 gb card - should be 3 gb card
"6" - 3 gb card

Does anyone know this is?

tytanick can you tell me why or help to fix this?

whats your mainboard? smos id's nothing, how does the bios id's it?

ask your mainboard manufacturer, this has nothing to do with smos

phyiscal aligntment of the slots does not automatically mean it's is the internal alignment.

And where is the problem if YOU know the aligntment of the cards?
maybe SMOS recognizes them as the miner program does, if it does then you should be able to add an option in your config for ordering to be correct..but idk if thats the case
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
any body tell me what is going wrong in smos.
1: i use windows 10 64bit for mining and my cards temperature is between 45C-50C in single mining at 31.5 mhs.
2: but when i shift my rig to smos my cards hit 65C-75C temperature in single mining at 31.5 mhs
3: my all overclock settings are same and my cards is mining at 31.5 mhs on both systems and fans are running at 70% speed.
4: whats wrong with smos is there any tweak to control the temperature in smos???
5: i m using sapphire rx 580 nitro+ cards with modded bios by my own timings...Huh

any body face this problem and got a solution please share...
thanks in advance

Regards.

Lower the power limit to lower watts depending on your needs to lower the temperature or its better to post the screenshot of your over clock settings so we can see what is your current setup.
Activity: 95
any body tell me what is going wrong in smos.
1: i use windows 10 64bit for mining and my cards temperature is between 45C-50C in single mining at 31.5 mhs.
2: but when i shift my rig to smos my cards hit 65C-75C temperature in single mining at 31.5 mhs
3: my all overclock settings are same and my cards is mining at 31.5 mhs on both systems and fans are running at 70% speed.
4: whats wrong with smos is there any tweak to control the temperature in smos???
5: i m using sapphire rx 580 nitro+ cards with modded bios by my own timings...Huh

any body face this problem and got a solution please share...
thanks in advance

Regards.
Activity: 116
https://twitter.com/_Crypto_Mike
How come SMOS ID's the gpu's in wrong order? You know what I mean 0,1,2, etc.

I have a rig built with 7 GTX 1060's. The first 4 installed are Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb cards starting from first slot. The last 3 installed are Asus Dual GTX 1060 3gb cards. But SMOS ID's them as -

"0" - 6 gb card
"1" - 3 gb card - should be 6 gb card
"2" - 3 gb card - should be 6 gb card
"3" - 6 gb card
"4" - 6 gb card - should be 3 gb card
"5" - 6 gb card - should be 3 gb card
"6" - 3 gb card

Does anyone know this is?

tytanick can you tell me why or help to fix this?

whats your mainboard? smos id's nothing, how does the bios id's it?

ask your mainboard manufacturer, this has nothing to do with smos

phyiscal aligntment of the slots does not automatically mean it's is the internal alignment.

And where is the problem if YOU know the aligntment of the cards?
maybe SMOS recognizes them as the miner program does, if it does then you should be able to add an option in your config for ordering to be correct..but idk if thats the case
Jump to: