Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 232. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 1
Something is happening with one of my rigs.
SMOS doesn't want to recognise it anymore, no matter what I do, rewrite the program, change the pools, this rig starts, I can see it working, just SMOS doesn't see it so i cannot configure the pools and everything. I think I should just get back to using windows, at least the rig worked after I restarted it and I didn't have to try to guess everytime what's wrong.
What might be the problem?

Check your Configuration file, Check if your SMOS email is added instead of the default one.

---
@dev
I want to ask if a new neoscrypt miner for nividia will be added in SMOS? Since equihash Coins is taking a red hit now, i want to mine some neoscrypt for the time being.

It is, I'm not that stupid though.
Sometimes the rig comes back with 5 Gpu's instead of 6 and now I can't see it at all

Which slots do you have the GPUs plugged into?  Skip the x16 slot.  Just use all the x1 slots.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
SMOS doesn't want to recognise it anymore, no matter what I do, rewrite the program, change the pools, this rig starts, I can see it working, just SMOS doesn't see it so i cannot configure the pools and everything. I think I should just get back to using windows, at least the rig worked after I restarted it and I didn't have to try to guess everytime what's wrong.

Check your Configuration file, Check if your SMOS email is added instead of the default one.

---
@dev
I want to ask if a new neoscrypt miner for nividia will be added in SMOS? Since equihash Coins is taking a red hit now, i want to mine some neoscrypt for the time being.

It is, I'm not that stupid though.
Sometimes the rig comes back with 5 Gpu's instead of 6 and now I can't see it at all
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

---
@dev
Activity: 9
Activity: 20
can anyone with asus b250 mining expert share their bios settings with smos?

i have tried many combinations of settings with 9 cards and smos registers each card but mines less tan 4 hashes each card, i have manyhours trying and cant find good answers online

What GPU's are you using, this info would help?

I have the same issue.  Currently I have 4x 570 4Gb and 1x 580 8Gb.
I have 2 more cards I did not test with the mobo yet and 3 more on the way, all RX 570/580 4/8Gb.

Otherwise I have a more general question as well:

I had SMOS running in 1 rig on an SDD.
Can I take this SDD and use it to run SMOS on another rig?  Or does SMOS udpates itself and becomes dependant to the HW it runs on (just like windows does)?

EDIT: I forgot to say these 5 cards were running fine (28-29Mh/s) on SMOS on a  Z170 PC Mate.  Now that I switched everything to the B250 mining expert I have this low (and varying) hashrate problem.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
Has anyone gotten these errors before?

ERROR QUERYING DISPLAYS ON GPU0

ERROR QUERYING CONNECTED DISPLAYS ON GPU 0

ERROR RESOLVING TARGET SPECIFICATION 'GPU0' (NO TARGETS MATCH TARGET SPECIFICATION).

NONE of the OC settings work for my NVIDIA cards (that work fine with awsome miner and afterburner). The rig mines but the cards overheat and there is no overclock. Settings are 50 core 50 mem 75 target temp 75% min fan speed. In windows this card takes a 150 core 500 mem 80%TDP (1080ti) so i don't think it is clocked too high in smos. I also tried 0core 0 mem 215W 75 100% fans and still nothing. The fans dont even go above 30% speed.

It doesn't sound like it's initializing the cards properly. Do you get console output at all? Did you check the obvious stuff like your risers and perhaps trying to reburn the SMOS image your usb stick (if using it). I do hope you grabbed the correct SMOS image too lool.
Activity: 14
Has anyone gotten these errors before?

ERROR QUERYING DISPLAYS ON GPU0

ERROR QUERYING CONNECTED DISPLAYS ON GPU 0

ERROR RESOLVING TARGET SPECIFICATION 'GPU0' (NO TARGETS MATCH TARGET SPECIFICATION).

NONE of the OC settings work for my NVIDIA cards (that work fine with awsome miner and afterburner). The rig mines but the cards overheat and there is no overclock. Settings are 50 core 50 mem 75 target temp 75% min fan speed. In windows this card takes a 150 core 500 mem 80%TDP (1080ti) so i don't think it is clocked too high in smos. I also tried 0core 0 mem 215W 75 100% fans and still nothing. The fans dont even go above 30% speed.
legendary
Has anyone noticed their GPU clocks in SMOS web panel mysteriously increase higher than the value set in the overlocking options? I set mine for all cards to 1150 yet SMOS reports 1215. It just increased by itself. No other values have changed whatsoever. I presumed that the clocks are hard set, unless the GPUS are all boost clocking up due to running colder.  Undecided

It seems core clock setting is pretty fucked up when also lowering power target. Sometimes it suddenly clocks way higher than I had set, and the rig crashes after some time. Then I adjust down a bit and get correct numbers again, but then suddenly after a while it is waay under target.. Really frustrating.

I am using 1070ti GPUs. I try to achieve the same gpu setting as my windows pc, but somehow this is extremely hard to do  Huh

Yeah there's definitely some black magic going on. For my nvidia rigs I just left the clocks and memory to 0 and set the power limit to 120 watts and the cards are running at max boost clock all the time.

1847 1936 1809 1885 1898 (120)
3802 3802 3802 3802 3802

Those clocks are good enough for me. I have a mix of 1070ti and 1070 that are the "OC" edition and 1 plain 1070.
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
I want to love this OS so much, but all I get is "no screen attached to miner". I have many rigs, all say the same thing.

I have gotten ~4 rigs working with SMOS, but all of them took 10+ tries with a brand new USB each time.

Does anyone know what to do for this? It literally takes me 2+ hours to get 1 rig working because of this error.

(I have 4G enabled and PCI speed set to Gen 2)

That's not error but function man  Grin

So how do I fix?
its not really ment to have a screen attached

Im pretty sure he does not mean screen as in a monitor rather than the screen software that the miner runs under

This will could be because miner has crashed and thus the screen session has ended

if so you need to find out what is causing the miner to terminate the process
Activity: 28
Has anyone noticed their GPU clocks in SMOS web panel mysteriously increase higher than the value set in the overlocking options? I set mine for all cards to 1150 yet SMOS reports 1215. It just increased by itself. No other values have changed whatsoever. I presumed that the clocks are hard set, unless the GPUS are all boost clocking up due to running colder.  Undecided

It seems core clock setting is pretty fucked up when also lowering power target. Sometimes it suddenly clocks way higher than I had set, and the rig crashes after some time. Then I adjust down a bit and get correct numbers again, but then suddenly after a while it is waay under target.. Really frustrating.

I am using 1070ti GPUs. I try to achieve the same gpu setting as my windows pc, but somehow this is extremely hard to do  Huh
legendary
Hello,

message from my antivirus:
La página Web https://simplemining.net/page/help se ha identificado como infectada con malware. Nombre del virus: Application.BitCoinMiner.R

Besides that I have to pay to use their system, they want to benefit from using my computer without even notifying it, it seems to me an abuse.

Your antivirus es una mierda  Cheesy But seriously there is no virus there. Your antivirus is probably seeing the names of some miners that are sometimes included in mining malware and freaking out.
Activity: 134
Merit: 1
Any possibility to support AMd Vega series soon?
Activity: 1
Hello,

message from my antivirus:
La página Web https://simplemining.net/page/help se ha identificado como infectada con malware. Nombre del virus: Application.BitCoinMiner.R

Besides that I have to pay to use their system, they want to benefit from using my computer without even notifying it, it seems to me an abuse.
legendary
-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal $walletETH.$rigName -esm 1 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -asm 1

is an example of a miner string for ethermine...
legendary

Powerstage set to 6, undervolt set to 925. These are all RX580 cards - Sapphire Nitro+ . All BIOS modded. Mem set to 2200 and 2150 (for the Hynix memory cards only).
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Respected admin,

You have added two new miner, sgminer & gatelessgate, but not given any help for those,

i have tried everything but i am unable to use them on my amd rx 570 12 card rig, plz give correct syntax for both of them. also tell me how we can save config file in for miner in smos.

plz help

thanks.

What is SimpleMining OS (SMOS) ?
It is nice looking and easy Operating system for mining on AMD GPUs

Most wanted info:
- idea is simple: download for free my OS and write it to any drive: Hard / SSD / even USB drive
- after that you just enter your email address in config.txt file and boot your rig
- login to simplemining.net dashboard using the same email and start managing your rig Smiley
- you can test it for free and then you need to pay only 2$ per rig per month
- if there will be new miner i will implement it fast with auto-updates system

Requirements:
- R OS = AMD GPUs R300/R200/HD7xxx series
- RX OS = AMD GPUs RX400/RX500 series
- NV OS = Nvidia GPUs (alsmost all of them)
- hard drive / ssd / usb drive - it must be 7GB or bigger
- at least 1-4GB system memory (depend how much GPUs are you using and what miner)

About me
- I am linux admin for about 13 years and crypto miner for 5 years
- Linux, programming, scripting, mining are my hobbies Smiley
- i am honest and simple IT guy who whants to make world better and give something to it

Video
[/url">

Yes, please provide documentation for AMD Neoscrypt mining with Gateless Gate.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
https://twitter.com/_Crypto_Mike
I want to love this OS so much, but all I get is "no screen attached to miner". I have many rigs, all say the same thing.

I have gotten ~4 rigs working with SMOS, but all of them took 10+ tries with a brand new USB each time.

Does anyone know what to do for this? It literally takes me 2+ hours to get 1 rig working because of this error.

So how do I fix?
its not really ment to have a screen attached
Activity: 5

So how do I fix?
Activity: 4
So I just bought (6) Gigabyte 1050s off of Amazon. (3) Rev 1.0 + (3) Rev 1.1.   The (3) Rev 1.1's are running great(169 Sol/s with some OC mining Zen). But the Rev 1.0's are only getting 75 Sol/s. They are not applying any OC settings and the fans aren't spinning all the time either.

I am a noob(learning) so I only have picked up only a small amount of problem solving skills. Hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. And I already know that 1050's aren't the best choice but they are all that's left on the market with a decent ROI now. The (3) Rev 1.1's are great and will ROI in about 120 days. So if these can keep up I will be ecstatic.

When I run only one of the Rev 1.0's this is what I get.

ERROR: Error querying enabled displays on GPU 0 (Missing Extension).
ERROR: Error querying connected displays on GPU 0 (Missing Extension).
ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:0' (No targets match target specification), specified in query
'[gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[2]'.
Available core offset for GPU 0 is in
Applying CoreOffset:
Applying PowerLimit: 75 watt for GPU 0

Thanks in advance.

Sorry... Forgot to add my mobo is a MSI Z270-A Pro. And the Rev 1.0's have 6 pin power in addition to the risers. The Rev 1.1"s only use riser power.

OC will NOT work if you dont set anything in core or mem. if you wanna OC the core, set mem to 0.
Activity: 4

Jump to: