Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 234. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
https://twitter.com/_Crypto_Mike
I wish I started using this when I was building my first rig, the same issues with windows after the 7th rig gets old real quick
hell yes it does, wish i woulda switched a long time ago..
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Someone use SMOS with M.2 port here ?

I have a RX570 on it (+ 6 others) and it seems the OC profile cannot be apply on it.

There is this message :

GPU0 isnt RX GPU, moving on.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I wish I started using this when I was building my first rig, the same issues with windows after the 7th rig gets old real quick
Activity: 32
Yes it is Smiley Thank you very much budy.

Actually you can set different overclocking values for each card. For example if you wanted to set a clock of 1215 for the first and 1130 for the second you'd put in this: "1215,1130". The first value is applies to the first card, second to the second and so on. The same logic applies to the memory frequency and voltage as well. The card sequence is based on the PCIE slot order, so the first card is the one in the first PCIE slot, etc.

Hope this helps  Smiley

Thanks a lot for your answer, 
I know how to overclock  it but the problem  is what happens if i oc the both card ? I mean Rx series for example Rx 480 and Rx 580 together. We can not use the same settings to get the best performans if i am not mistaken.
Is there any way or it is not true ?

Hi guys,
I have a question
I have 4 Rx480 in mine rig and its connected to Simplemining and i love the site. my going to upgrade it very soon. Is it possible on Simplemining connect to the some rig Rx480 and rx580 ? if so how to overlock them ?   or Rx480 and Nvidia  1060 ?

You can use an RX580 and RX480 together, but you cannot mix different architectures together - ie Nvidia and AMD. You will need a separate rig with the NV version of SMOS installed.

Overclocking your AMD cards is pretty simple. Once you log into you simplemining web panel click on your rig's corresponding little gear icon in the "actions" section.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
Actually you can set different overclocking values for each card. For example if you wanted to set a clock of 1215 for the first and 1130 for the second you'd put in this: "1215,1130". The first value is applies to the first card, second to the second and so on. The same logic applies to the memory frequency and voltage as well. The card sequence is based on the PCIE slot order, so the first card is the one in the first PCIE slot, etc.

Hope this helps  Smiley

I know how to overclock  it but the problem  is what happens if i oc the both card ? I mean Rx series for example Rx 480 and Rx 580 together. We can not use the same settings to get the best performans if i am not mistaken.

Hi guys,
I have a question
I have 4 Rx480 in mine rig and its connected to Simplemining and i love the site. my going to upgrade it very soon. Is it possible on Simplemining connect to the some rig Rx480 and rx580 ? if so how to overlock them ?   or Rx480 and Nvidia  1060 ?

You can use an RX580 and RX480 together, but you cannot mix different architectures together - ie Nvidia and AMD. You will need a separate rig with the NV version of SMOS installed.

Overclocking your AMD cards is pretty simple. Once you log into you simplemining web panel click on your rig's corresponding little gear icon in the "actions" section.
Activity: 9
Hey all, new here into mining. When using SMOS, tpruvot-2.1 miner, specifically with ANYTHING neoscrypt, I'm getting /root/xminer.sh: line 58: 18265 Illegal instruction $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIO
NS

I've copied the same settings I have verified working on my local system, but for some reason with SMOS and this miner, it's a no go. Can anyone help?

*edit*
Here is my connection string values

-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.unimining.net:4236 -u mywalletaddress -p c=GBX

try removing the "-p c=GBX"  from the your line

ensure no overclocks

Nothing... here's the full text:

*** ccminer 2.2 for nVidia GPUs by tpruvot@github config.json Built with the nVidia CUDA Toolkit 8.0 64-bits
Originally based on Christian Buchner and Christian H. project
Include some algos from alexis78, djm34, sp, tsiv and klausT.
BTC donation address: 1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo (tpruvot)
[2018-01-17 16:35:50] Starting on stratum tcp://pool.unimining.net:4236
[2018-01-17 16:35:50] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2018-01-17 16:35:50] 4 miner threads started, using 'neoscrypt' algorithm.
/root/xminer.sh: line 58: 10506 Illegal instruction $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIO
NS
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------

Anyone? Anything?

A number of us are having the same issues with ccminer, so far the best guess is the older version of ccminer used in SMOS maybe combined with processor?  I have a rig with a full Ubuntu install and newer version of ccminer, when booted to the desktop I can mine just fine (obviously same MB, processor, cards, etc). 

Waiting on an update from tytanick on the inclusion of later versions of ccminer..  until then I'm stuck at equihash with ewbf.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
You merge RX image and NV Image ??
Because it's same link ?
I don't know if it's an error or normal ?

Activity: 44
Feature Request:
Please add hsrminer to SMOS, Im sure many will agree this is by far the fastest neoscrypt miner there is

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2565979.0;topicseen

Hi guys,
I have a question

legendary
Hi guys,
I have a question

Hi guys,
I have a question
Activity: 36
Hi all,

Can anybody recommend a LGA 1151 mainboard which is running 8 (nvidia) GPUs with SMOS?
The mainboards specially designed for mining purposes are all sold out so I'd like to know if maybe a ASUS Z270P would work.

I have spent hours in trying to get a 7-8 GPU setup work with a MSI Z170A with SMOS. The best I can achieve is 3 GPUs. Angry

Thank you in advance!

I can confirm that I have been partially successful in making the Asus Z270-P work with 6 Palit 1060 cards - with one big caveat - two of the cards, GPU0 and GPU2, are only hashing at half capacity.

The jury is still out on whether I'm having hardware or software issue - or both.

I think I'm having several issues at once, which kind of make it hard to track down. I changed two of the cards from 1070's to 1060's in the hope that managing just one type of cards would simplify things but they didn't. I'm also having issues with SMOS web interface changes not pushing through to the rig - it remains stuck on the same algo/currency/pool even though I try to change the rig group to something else, and the OC and Watt settings have no effect. But the strange thing is that the rig reboots after changing the settings, just as if it was restarting because of the changes - but everything remains the same when inspecting the console. This seems like a SMOS issue, but I can't be sure.

The two GPU' s running at half speed could be a nicehash related issue, as some googling around have revealed that people have had issues with this when mining to nicehash. Easiest thing to do would be to change to another pool to see if that made a difference, but then SMOS is refusing to push pool setting changes through, leaving me stuvk with nicehash ATM. Bit of a catch 22.

I was thinking I'd try Pimp OS as soon as I have a little spare time just to see how that affects things, but ATM I don't have much spare time...
https://youtu.be/ha9HmHTB1wM     maybe it helps
Activity: 197
for flashing bios my cards in SMOS shall i first stop miner?
if yes
i do it with this command
Code:
killall -9 screen && screen -wipe
right?

after that

Code:
sudo /root/utils/atiflash -pa myrom.rom

am i right?
Activity: 44
WHY Huh?? 1 MH instead 26MH !!!

I spent one full day trying to solve that..

Asus mining pro 250
13 x XFX RX580 8GB stock bios
All possible OC settings (currently not overclocked)

ETH - Total Speed: 14.022 Mh/s, Total Shares: 3, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:22
ETH: GPU0 0.876 Mh/s, GPU1 1.317 Mh/s, GPU2 1.642 Mh/s, GPU3 1.642 Mh/s, GPU4 0.657 Mh/s, GPU5 1.317 Mh/s, GPU6 0.000 Mh/s, GPU7
2.629 Mh/s, GPU8 0.876 Mh/s, GPU9 1.317 Mh/s, GPU10 0.000 Mh/s, GPU11 0.875 Mh/s, GPU12 0.876 Mh/s

im having the same problem
wanna trade info to see if we can manage to do it?  i have 9 xfx rx580 xxx gts
i tried messaging you on pm but you have an option blocked from getting messages from "newbies"

So, no one knows that?Huh This is such a stupid situation?
Activity: 35
Hi,

I would like to mine both ETH and SIA coin in SMOS so can any one let me know the pool and how to configure it.

Now i am using dwarft pool in ETH.

Can i do it in the same pool or in the different one.

Use different pools. I mine with Claymore-eth and use this syntax: -wd 1 -r 1 -epool ETHpool -ewal ETHwallet -eworker $rigName -epsw x -dpool siaPool -dwal SiaWallet -dpsw x -dcoin sc -dcri 18

As for the pools, I mine ETH on ethermine.org and SIA on sia.nanopool.org, with dcri parameter 18, but you can play with the value that will suit you the best.

Hi,

Thanks for the update

I am using 1060x6 slot rig Now i am getting 110mhs

If i am using dual mining then what would be the speed of ETH and SIA coin

Activity: 103
Merit: 1
Hi,

I would like to mine both ETH and SIA coin in SMOS so can any one let me know the pool and how to configure it.

Use different pools. I mine with Claymore-eth and use this syntax: -wd 1 -r 1 -epool ETHpool -ewal ETHwallet -eworker $rigName -epsw x -dpool siaPool -dwal SiaWallet -dpsw x -dcoin sc -dcri 18

As for the pools, I mine ETH on ethermine.org and SIA on sia.nanopool.org, with dcri parameter 18, but you can play with the value that will suit you the best.
Activity: 35
Hi,

Activity: 197
i start using SMOS
but for error and problem and shell access
is there any more guide than this file ?https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SvtkI_ZCHAxqbIsaWnuA81hRbI3Tp2Zf3iyEQlORLTU/edit
(gravitymaster's SMOS FAQ)
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
can anyone with asus b250 mining expert share their bios settings with smos?

i have tried many combinations of settings with 9 cards and smos registers each card but mines less tan 4 hashes each card, i have manyhours trying and cant find good answers online

What GPU's are you using, this info would help?
legendary
I have recently installed SMOS & puTTY. (Setup = 8 x RX570) I have a few questions: (ETH only; installed on a USB thumb drive)

1) How do know that my version of SMOS (AMD Rx version) includes the DAG file fix?
2) What are some helpful commands in puTTY? i.e. popular ones.... how to restart the rig, how to see details on my AMD cards, etc....
3) Are there useful command line options to claymore's 10.4 that I need to know about? -r1 -minspeed xxx ?

Thanks!

1) Latest version should include the DAG fix.
2)

lspci -v (if you run it as root via "sudo lspci -v" you'll get info regarding the capabilities of the  card(s) )

sudo shutdown -h now (halts , ie shuts down your rig)
sudo shutdown -r now (reboots your rig)

3) checkout the claymore thread..there's a whole bunch of variables you can pass to it but the ones that are set by default with SMOS are pretty much the only ones you need.

Jump to: