Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 240. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Can anybody inform if Claymore r-1 option is working in SMSO , -r 1 should reboot the rig instead of restarting the miner in case of GPU error .
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
are there going to be updates on the mining programs soon? some of them are way outdated (in cryptotime) and do not even provide newer algorithms.
Activity: 18
RX Vega supported on SMOS?

No OpenCL for Vega on Linux yet, so answer is no for SMOS and other OS based on Linux

Many peeople inc me are asking about vega support in Linux distros. So, how the development process could be tracket? Where the news come from? Everything we can get from the amd page is:

AMD Product Compatibility

The AMD OpenCL 2.0 driver is compatible with AMD graphics products based on GCN first generation products or higher.

As i can see from googling, we need at last wait for kernel 4.15 release, witch is for now is in rc8 status.
Activity: 14
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to have a rig in my office. A small and experimental one like 6 x 1050ti. I understand all process via youtube videos but one thing confused me.

We have a special DNS and IP setting in each office to connect internet. Does this make any problem to SMOS? What is your suggestions?

Activity: 28
Biostar TB250-BTC Pro motherboard is not booting up with SMOS. It keeps going straight to BIOS settings menu and when I press F9 to select custom boot device, it does not show the connected USB device. I checked in settings it does recognized that a USB device Sandisk is connected but I could not boot up from it, I swapped the USB with another rig running smooth on SMOS but still same problem, the Biostar won't boot up. Can anyone please share the quick BIOS settings for Biostar TB250-BTC Pro . Thanks in advance.

Compatibility Support Module (CSM) must be ON.
Activity: 50
Biostar TB250-BTC Pro motherboard is not booting up with SMOS. It keeps going straight to BIOS settings menu and when I press F9 to select custom boot device, it does not show the connected USB device. I checked in settings it does recognized that a USB device Sandisk is connected but I could not boot up from it, I swapped the USB with another rig running smooth on SMOS but still same problem, the Biostar won't boot up. Can anyone please share the quick BIOS settings for Biostar TB250-BTC Pro . Thanks in advance.

Make sure you have the UEFI and Legacy options shown. I believe it's the third or fourth box over, one of the options in there.
Activity: 1
Had same problem, you have to change boot setting. to boot all option. dont remember how its called. But it solves the case
Activity: 12
Activity: 17
What would be the best coin to mine after Ethereum with my RX gpus?
I want to dual mine on SMos...
Claymore eth+sia is not recommended, can i ask why and is it safe to use it ?

Just use 10.2 .. don't use that old version
you can add your own custom string for dual mining
Activity: 107
What would be the best coin to mine after Ethereum with my RX gpus?
I want to dual mine on SMos...
Claymore eth+sia is not recommended, can i ask why and is it safe to use it ?
Activity: 10
Hi. i have "simpleminer-RX-v1118-kernel4.11-17.30-noae[Suspicious link removed]g..>" from download.simplemining.net. 6 gpus like yours with 30.3 mh each. what mobo do u have?

Hiya. So the motherboard I using is the "Gigabyte Z270P-D3". About the smos version I using the one what you can download from the main page form the website. I just cheking my download folder... and I got simpleminer-RX-v1118-kernel4.11-16.60-noae[Suspicious link removed]g.zip. Hmm maybe I should try 17.30 version?
I had that version but on the monitor i was getting only errors, but it was hashing ok. Don t know about your mobo, maybe u need other bios settings.i can t pm you as well;)
Hi mate. Thanks for pointing out for me to try out other smos version not just the one which is automatically downloads from the website. 11-17.30 version just run fine and finally getting 25.5 Mh/s with each card.
Now I am going to work on to get a little bit more to reach around 30 Mh/s.
Activity: 7
sooooooo........  How do you change your miner when you can't login because the web page is down?
Activity: 103
Merit: 11
--server neoscrypt.eu.nicehash.com --port 3341 --user 33ejwNkJEYRCoRETs9m137UeqxAksfgEF1.$rig1 --pass x

would this work for NeoScrypt?  on nicehash?

You will want the variable to be $rigName if you want it to show up in NiceHash with individual names of the rigs.
-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3341 -u YourBTCaddress.YouWorker -p x

This is how a ccminer script shoud look like, for nicehash.
Activity: 34
--server neoscrypt.eu.nicehash.com --port 3341 --user 33ejwNkJEYRCoRETs9m137UeqxAksfgEF1.$rig1 --pass x

would this work for NeoScrypt?  on nicehash?
How many restarts should I be getting in about an 8 hour period running SMOS? I had 28 so far running 6xrx580's is that normal?

No, that is not normal. Either the mining client is crashing or your rig is rebooting every 20 minutes. If you are overclocking/undervolting, set it to stock and let it run to see if you're still getting restarts. If you are, either hook up a monitor to see the console or SSH into the box.
Activity: 1
How many restarts should I be getting in about an 8 hour period running SMOS? I had 28 so far running 6xrx580's is that normal?
Flashed RX iso  to 64GB SSD, there is no config drive. disk manager shows unallocated.
restart-replug did not help.

It sounds like you may not have written the image. I think with Etcher you have to specify "unsafe mode" in settings or something similar to write to SSDs. Did you do that?
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Flashed RX iso  to 64GB SSD, there is no config drive. disk manager shows unallocated.
restart-replug did not help.

E:
tryed old version simpleminer-RX-v1118-17.30-dagfix.img
this working.

E: solved.
pluged other sata port ssd, conf drive appeared.
Jump to: