Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 241. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 103
Merit: 11
Hi, guys, when  i  flash the USB or SSD  with   etcher.io - flashing tool  ........ then my USB is automatic unmounted by software  (don't appear the windows to config my email ).... how could i manage it  ?   Huh Huh

I sometimes get this problem with USB sticks regardless of the tool I use to write the image. I have one machine where I seem to get disk signature collisions so Windows sets the USB stick to offline. This seems to happen when it's plugged into a USB3 port. If I plug it into a USB2 port on the same machine, there are no problems and I can access the config file. If you open up Disk Manager, you should be able to see the USB stick regardless of whether it shows up as a drive you can access. If it's set to Offline mode you can try to set it to Online mode. If it won't go online, it will give you an error and tell you why. If it says there is a disk signature collision, try plugging it into a USB2 port or a different machine. I don't have this problem at all on a different Windows machine so try another machine if you have access to one.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Hi, guys, when  i  flash the USB or SSD  with   etcher.io - flashing tool  ........ then my USB is automatic unmounted by software  (don't appear the windows to config my email ).... how could i manage it  ?   Huh Huh

plug out and plug in the USB again, once USB drive is recognized, you can access the thumbdrive and change the email to yours.

Its not an USB, its a SSD.... i must restart windows ?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

plug out and plug in the USB again, once USB drive is recognized, you can access the thumbdrive and change the email to yours.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
For neoscrypt algo, you must use ccminer.
Activity: 34
Hi,

what kind of config line would i use for mining NeoScrypt coins, i tried doing one earlier but could never get it connect on SMOS using DTSM miner, help would be greatly appreciated.
Activity: 4
Activity: 21
I'm sure this is a stupid question. I just built my first rig, 3 cards, waiting on the other 3 to arrive. I loaded SMOS, am I supposed to load windows also? Feel like I'm googling and googling and not finding an answer to a complete guide to building and setting this up. thanks a million -D
follow the instructions in the installation section of SMOS page.   It’s a very easy process.  But to answer your question, no operating system is required other than what the SMOS install IMG puts on the USB stick.  Happy mining.
I'm sure this is a stupid question. I just built my first rig, 3 cards, waiting on the other 3 to arrive. I loaded SMOS, am I supposed to load windows also? Feel like I'm googling and googling and not finding an answer to a complete guide to building and setting this up. thanks a million -D
Activity: 49
Oops. OK... newbie messaging enabled. Roll Eyes

Hi all.
After several hours of reading this forum from around page 250 to found a cure to my problem and to don`t waist your time with "maybe" trivial questions I get to the conclusion that I cant solve this problem alone.
So since day 1 I got some issues with hashrate. I am using 6x Sapphire nitro+ rx 580 8gb gpu and getting 17Mh/s a card mining Eth using eth miner which  is very low and I realized its even abnormal. This hasrate even after I used the oc settings, before oc I got around 14-15 Mh/s. After 3 days of mining nothing was changed, the only good news, the system was stable. After reading this forum I found out that there was the Dagfix issue with rx cards so I used the red icon on the console to update the os with the dagfix. Since than no rig. I know, now I have to reflash the original os to the usb and reboot the system with it but probably this not solve my original problem of very low performance. (Also I tried the cards in windows and without bios and oc flash they are pulling 24Mh/s each.
Hope someone can point me to the root of this problem. Cheers.
I write this 2 days ago so now its day 5 and this "NOT" so simple os  is still not going well. The 2 gentleman "Mister 305" and "logicassets" who offered to PM them, can you please enable to receive private messages from newbies.
Since than myself get to the conclusion, to get normal hashrate like in windows maybe is to get the dagfix, but since the red cloud button is crashing my system and do not fix it I started to look alternatives. To update manually the os in the pen drive. So now, anyone can please, point  me to a step by step guide how to flash the dagfix to the os. Keep in mind I am not a linux programmer thats why I need  a detailed guide, what I could not found on this topic.
Thank you.
Activity: 11
Hi!

Would you consider adding Gateless Gate miner to the miners list?

https://github.com/zawawawa/gatelessgate

I've tried both sgminers, but the included neoscrypt kernel has some bug in it, and won't start. I've faced this problem before (windows and linux as well), and the only usable miner I've found was this program.
I have some Radeon RX series cards.

Code:
[10:36:50] Building binary neoscryptEllesmeregw8l8lgtc864.bin
[10:36:50] neoscrypt.mine.zpool.ca difficulty changed to 384
Error in hsa_operand section, at offset 3552:
Address offset exceeds variable size
LLVM ERROR:
Brig container validation has failed in BRIGAsmPrinter.cpp

FYI I've managed to compile and use the gateless gate miner. I've replaced the sgminer-gm files under /root/miner_org/.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Hello

I have a problem with SMOs and 7 GPU (1060).
With 6 units no problem, it's work.
With 7, i can see all GPU in POST step, the first screen with Ubutu, 5 sec it will start. It start and nothing black screen, and i come back to the first screen of the POST step...

I use a multiplicator for information, maybe it's that.
But like GPU is detected in POST , i don't understand why OS cannot boot ??
Activity: 11
Hi!

Would you consider adding Gateless Gate miner to the miners list?

https://github.com/zawawawa/gatelessgate

I've tried both sgminers, but the included neoscrypt kernel has some bug in it, and won't start. I've faced this problem before (windows and linux as well), and the only usable miner I've found was this program.
I have some Radeon RX series cards.

Code:
[10:36:50] Building binary neoscryptEllesmeregw8l8lgtc864.bin
[10:36:50] neoscrypt.mine.zpool.ca difficulty changed to 384
Error in hsa_operand section, at offset 3552:
Address offset exceeds variable size
LLVM ERROR:
Brig container validation has failed in BRIGAsmPrinter.cpp
Activity: 44
Will smos work with Asus B250 Mining Expert? I put it on a flash drive but it is not recognized as a bootable drive.
this is not a smos problem and it has been answered 10 times
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ra23kLdr5lbDgwZ1NuRWNrMUE/view
Please help guys im trying to follow the guide to adding custom miners into SMOS i just need to compile ccminer palginpav if anyone has it for linux please post so i can carry on , thanks
Activity: 37
will this ever support neoscrypt for rx series?
Activity: 10
I don't want to go through 360 pages of forum - is there any way to add wifi cards or usb wifi dongle support?
Activity: 20
After having so many problems with Windows 10 mining, I installed simplemining yesterday and I was instantly in love.
However the honeymoon did not last long.  The rig is not stable at all.

It goes offline and does not answer to reboot command issued from the web site.  This happens after minutes or hours.

When it crashes, the rig displays the following:
"Welcome to emergency mode! After logging in, type "journalctl -xb" to view system logs, "systemctl reboot" to reboot, "systemctl default" or D to try and to boot into default mode"

I usually hate pictures of screens but today that's what I am doing!
https://i.imgur.com/5dtoycj.jpg

And obviously I can't SSH to the rig when this happens.
Perhaps this emergency mode is triggered after an automatic reboot? 

Could this be a problem with bad HW? 
I actually don't trust my mobo after all the issues I had with Windows.
The OS runs from a SSD.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Activity: 21
Can i Run amd and Nvidia Cards in 1 rig and oc them together?

No.  Not supported in SMOS
Activity: 17
Will smos work with Asus B250 Mining Expert? I put it on a flash drive but it is not recognized as a bootable drive.
Jump to: