Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 237. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Is anyone using USB Watchdog Reset Controllers with SMOS ?
I've found several variants and some support linux.

Like this one
https://www.gearbest.com/usb-accessories/pp_1251842.html
Activity: 22
Ok i really need help here guys, please!
One of my rigs was operating smoothly for weeks but now it seems to reboot at least 3 to 6 times a day and its at a remote location. (so sitting in front of it and waiting for it to crash and hope to catch the fault isnt a option)
I know claymore on windows has a log file but i have spend the better part of my day going through every folder in root and user directory
in simple os but cannot find where the log file might be.
I just simply want to find out what caused the reboot (maybe overclock issue? maybe random overheat issue? maybe non of that and something totally different?)
anyway if anyone can help me figure out how to diagnose my reboots remotely i would greatly appreciate it. (i know how to ssh into root but i am a complete nub when it comes to linux)
Activity: 6
@tytanick when will be the update for nvidia driver? I'm having 2 less mhs for my cards..
Activity: 6
Does anyone using simplemining with ESONIC B250-BTC GLADIATOR.. What is te best bios settings? I couldn't get it work i think GPUs are not seeing by simplemining. Can anyone help?

https://i.hizliresim.com/G9Er86.png

WATCHDOG: GPU 1 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 1 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 2 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 2 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 3 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 3 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 4 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 4 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 5 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 5 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 6 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 6 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 7 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
WATCHDOG: GPU 7 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
Binary file (standard input) matches
Activity: 17
I am having some issues messing with the OC settings on my smOS 8x1060 rig.  It seems when I try to change the clock or memory settings either with a single setting for all cards or individually, that it doesn't update as its not reflected in the Core/Mem column after I do it.  The only way I can modify the output of the cards is to increase the power to the cards.  Currently I'm running at 100W to each card just to get up to 2300sol/s for Equihash.  I'd like to be able to OC each card's settings accordingly on a lower power setting if possible, or leave the power setting as is and increase the output with the OC.

I saw someone say if the OC tab isn't working that you might need to delete then re-install rig.  This makes me a little nervous, do I just delete it from the dashboard and it will automatically pop back up in the dashboard again when I restart it?

Yes, that is exactly what will happen! If you have no other option, then go ahead and do it. I assure you, the rig will appear again on your dashboard, like it did first time, with noname attached to it.

I also assure you I had the OC thing happen to me too, like 1.5 months ago, and I fixed it like this, after I tried many other stuff, troubleshooting for like 4 hours.

I have the same issue, and tried to delete the rig as per Radu's advice, and it popped back up as a noname rig afterwards, but it didn't fix the OC issue. No matter what I do it seems the Core/Mem and temperature are stuck. Anyone have any other suggestions - please?

Are you OC'ing both core and mem in the same time? OC does not work unless you have some numbers in each column...

Thanks - yes, I've seen that mentioned several places and it has not been lost on me, both core and mem populated :-) Still no percieveable changes wether I OC or not, it seems like the OC settings somehow don't register at all...?

Ok, so now I tried to switch Rig Groups for the miner as well as try to edit the OC settings, and THAT didn't stick either. So no matter what I do the settings don't register with the mining rig.  I've already deleted the rig once and that didn't make any difference. Any suggestions please...?

edit: I should add that the correct group is reflected in the web interface, but the rig is clearly running the previous mining pool etc. when viewing the console.

Am I the only one having/had issues with settings not taking effect through the web interface? No matter what I try to do the mining rig is stuck at the same group settings (even though I change group to other pool etc. in other group settings that worked previously) and OC changes make no difference and deleting the rig and restarting so it reappears as noname doesn't improve anything.

Pretty much useless at this point except for the fact that it is still mining at an old pool, but delivering far from optimal revenue ATM so I want to change it, also teps are too high so I want to change OC/temp settings but they take no effect. Help, anyone?
Activity: 3
Hey all, new here into mining. When using SMOS, tpruvot-2.1 miner, specifically with ANYTHING neoscrypt, I'm getting /root/xminer.sh: line 58: 18265 Illegal instruction $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIO
NS

I've copied the same settings I have verified working on my local system, but for some reason with SMOS and this miner, it's a no go. Can anyone help?

*edit*
Here is my connection string values

-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.unimining.net:4236 -u mywalletaddress -p c=GBX

try removing the "-p c=GBX"  from the your line

ensure no overclocks

Nothing... here's the full text:

*** ccminer 2.2 for nVidia GPUs by tpruvot@github config.json Built with the nVidia CUDA Toolkit 8.0 64-bits
Originally based on Christian Buchner and Christian H. project
Include some algos from alexis78, djm34, sp, tsiv and klausT.
BTC donation address: 1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo (tpruvot)
[2018-01-17 16:35:50] Starting on stratum tcp://pool.unimining.net:4236
[2018-01-17 16:35:50] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2018-01-17 16:35:50] 4 miner threads started, using 'neoscrypt' algorithm.
/root/xminer.sh: line 58: 10506 Illegal instruction $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIO
NS
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------
Activity: 287
Merit: 100
Hey all, new here into mining. When using SMOS, tpruvot-2.1 miner, specifically with ANYTHING neoscrypt, I'm getting /root/xminer.sh: line 58: 18265 Illegal instruction $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIO
NS

I've copied the same settings I have verified working on my local system, but for some reason with SMOS and this miner, it's a no go. Can anyone help?

*edit*

-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.unimining.net:4236 -u mywalletaddress -p c=GBX

try removing the "-p c=GBX"  from the your line

ensure no overclocks
Activity: 3
NS

*edit*

Activity: 111
HELP tytanick
WE WANT NEW ccminer
I am having some issues messing with the OC settings on my smOS 8x1060 rig.  It seems when I try to change the clock or memory settings either with a single setting for all cards or individually, that it doesn't update as its not reflected in the Core/Mem column after I do it.  The only way I can modify the output of the cards is to increase the power to the cards.  Currently I'm running at 100W to each card just to get up to 2300sol/s for Equihash.  I'd like to be able to OC each card's settings accordingly on a lower power setting if possible, or leave the power setting as is and increase the output with the OC.

I saw someone say if the OC tab isn't working that you might need to delete then re-install rig.  This makes me a little nervous, do I just delete it from the dashboard and it will automatically pop back up in the dashboard again when I restart it?

Yes, that is exactly what will happen! If you have no other option, then go ahead and do it. I assure you, the rig will appear again on your dashboard, like it did first time, with noname attached to it.

I also assure you I had the OC thing happen to me too, like 1.5 months ago, and I fixed it like this, after I tried many other stuff, troubleshooting for like 4 hours.

I have the same issue, and tried to delete the rig as per Radu's advice, and it popped back up as a noname rig afterwards, but it didn't fix the OC issue. No matter what I do it seems the Core/Mem and temperature are stuck. Anyone have any other suggestions - please?

Are you OC'ing both core and mem in the same time? OC does not work unless you have some numbers in each column...

Thanks - yes, I've seen that mentioned several places and it has not been lost on me, both core and mem populated :-) Still no percieveable changes wether I OC or not, it seems like the OC settings somehow don't register at all...?

Ok, so now I tried to switch Rig Groups for the miner as well as try to edit the OC settings, and THAT didn't stick either. So no matter what I do the settings don't register with the mining rig.  I've already deleted the rig once and that didn't make any difference. Any suggestions please...?

edit: I should add that the correct group is reflected in the web interface, but the rig is clearly running the previous mining pool etc. when viewing the console.
Activity: 36
I'm going to build a dedicated mining rig soon (instead of just using my main pc) so I'll be sure to give it a whirl!I have never used linux or ubuntu. I may should just leave this alone.
@tytanick please help me with this issue.
We are still preparing new ccminer so please wait for new version.

hey tytanick - any updates on the new ccminer?
thanks
I'm having issues with GPU's dissapearing after smOS has been running for a short while.

I'm trying to build a 12x 1080ti rig with ASRock H110

ensure that none of your risers are connected to PCIe 3.0 x16
I am having some issues messing with the OC settings on my smOS 8x1060 rig.  It seems when I try to change the clock or memory settings either with a single setting for all cards or individually, that it doesn't update as its not reflected in the Core/Mem column after I do it.  The only way I can modify the output of the cards is to increase the power to the cards.  Currently I'm running at 100W to each card just to get up to 2300sol/s for Equihash.  I'd like to be able to OC each card's settings accordingly on a lower power setting if possible, or leave the power setting as is and increase the output with the OC.

I saw someone say if the OC tab isn't working that you might need to delete then re-install rig.  This makes me a little nervous, do I just delete it from the dashboard and it will automatically pop back up in the dashboard again when I restart it?

Activity: 28
I am having some issues messing with the OC settings on my smOS 8x1060 rig.  It seems when I try to change the clock or memory settings either with a single setting for all cards or individually, that it doesn't update as its not reflected in the Core/Mem column after I do it.  The only way I can modify the output of the cards is to increase the power to the cards.  Currently I'm running at 100W to each card just to get up to 2300sol/s for Equihash.  I'd like to be able to OC each card's settings accordingly on a lower power setting if possible, or leave the power setting as is and increase the output with the OC.

For example, here is the Core/Mem Column before adjustment:
1860 1860 1860 1847 1860 1860 1885 1936 (100)
3802 3802 3802 3802 3802 3802 3802 3802

Then in the OC tab I added 1100 (I've tried lower numbers as well) to the Mem settings and it didn't look like anything changed:
1847 1873 1860 1860 1873 1898 1898 1936 (100)

Also, that's 7 ASUS 1060 cards and 1 Gigabyte 1060 (all 3GB), but looks like the Gigabyte has much higher clock speed (and it's temp is always ~10C less than the others).  I'm sure I could bump up the output on that card with some OC.

I saw someone say if the OC tab isn't working that you might need to delete then re-install rig.  This makes me a little nervous, do I just delete it from the dashboard and it will automatically pop back up in the dashboard again when I restart it?

For example, here is the Core/Mem Column before adjustment:
1860 1860 1860 1847 1860 1860 1885 1936 (100)

Then in the OC tab I added 1100 (I've tried lower numbers as well) to the Mem settings and it didn't look like anything changed:
1847 1873 1860 1860 1873 1898 1898 1936 (100)

Also, that's 7 ASUS 1060 cards and 1 Gigabyte 1060 (all 3GB), but looks like the Gigabyte has much higher clock speed (and it's temp is always ~10C less than the others).  I'm sure I could bump up the output on that card with some OC.

Activity: 336
anyone ever have an issue where their system only gets "Shares Found" but none of them are accepted?

for example, i am getting this on a couple of systems.  from my experience, the only fix is to assign my rig to a different account email and it starts working.

ETH: 01/17/18-08:27:34 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 4)
ETH: 01/17/18-08:27:39 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 3)
GPU0 t=57C fan=27%, GPU1 t=52C fan=27%, GPU2 t=53C fan=27%, GPU3 t=48C fan=27%, GPU4 t=53C fan=27%, GPU5 t=51C fan=27%, GPU6 t=6
1C fan=27%, GPU7 t=51C fan=27%
ETH: 01/17/18-08:28:04 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 2)
ETH: 01/17/18-08:28:13 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 3)
ETH: 01/17/18-08:28:22 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 5)
GPU0 t=57C fan=27%, GPU1 t=52C fan=27%, GPU2 t=53C fan=27%, GPU3 t=48C fan=27%, GPU4 t=53C fan=27%, GPU5 t=51C fan=27%, GPU6 t=6
1C fan=27%, GPU7 t=51C fan=27%
ETH: 01/17/18-08:28:51 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 0)
ETH: 01/17/18-08:28:54 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 0)
ETH: 01/17/18-08:28:54 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 7)
ETH: 01/17/18-08:28:56 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 2)
Activity: 14
[img]@tytanick

plz help sir,

i have created a new rig of Inno3d 1060 dual fan 6gb cards with biostar probtc.

I am mining eth on nanopool.

my problem is that when i mine using claymore my machine starts every 3-4 hour without giving any error. so planned to use ethminer. but in your new smos version ethminer gies me an error related to bus, it crashes before staring. plz help. i am attaching the pic.

https://i.imgur.com/9jtbY2N.png

you are also requested to suggest me the best clock setting for gtx 1060 6gb (Mine are cclock -100 mclock 1450 power 90 fan speed 50% temp 50-54 degree).

thanks in advance...

Activity: 55
How are people monitoring rigs on smOS? Today I had a situation where the rig went down for 5 hrs (overnight) . My pool has email notifications when worker offline but that's not guaranteed to work and its just an email that is buried with all the other emails received - not a good way to catch and resolve issues.

Also would enabling /var/log/messages help to determine why smOS is crashing? I dont have aggressive OC settings. 0,1100,70 mostly 1060's with temps around 71C (which is kind of high i think).

Thanks in advance
Personally I have several rigs, and one goes down maybe once every two months. It's not something that I've put much effort into creating a notification for. Make sure that if you use Claymore that you specificy "-r 1" (forces reboot if there's a hang) and "-minspeed XXX" (where XXX is the minimum speed in Mh the miner needs to maintain for 5 minutes otherwise it will be rebooted. Doing this should fix 99% of freezes. Beyond that it's a serious hardware fault. Additionally you can put a smart outlet like a Wemo Insight, and setup IFTTT with a ping to automatically power off/on the rig if there's no ping response. I know people that have done this, but personally even though I have a Wemo Insight on each rig for remote power management I haven't bothered to use this feature since I rarely have a freeze.

To figure out why it's freezing, you can SSH in to read the log, or what I've found works well is to SSH in and keep the connection going. When the rig reboots the connection will drop, and the last things that were on the screen will be visible on your computer that you used to SSH to the miner. you'll likely see one of the GPU has a 0 hashrate. reduce the clock on that card, and repeat until no more freezes.
Activity: 60
hi SMOS miners!

Checking out simple mining os currently, mining GoByte atm. How can I set intensity for neoscrypt and the tpruvot miner?

I have tried with below script but keeps 16 as (default) intensity:

a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.unimining.net:4236 -u mywalletaddress -p c=GBX -i 21
a neoscrypt -i 21 -o stratum+tcp://pool.unimining.net:4236 -u mywalletaddress-p c=GBX

Please let me know if im doing something wrong.

Cheers!
Jump to: