Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 270. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
alright, recently all my rigs won't overclock no matter what I do. I tested it on windows and they reach their 22.2 mh/s but on simple mining they get stuck at 18.3 mh/s
changed my ssd, changed ssd to usb, changed risers, changed options on simple mining..

Anyone knows what might be wrong?

Screenshot of your overclock settings please.
Activity: 107
Merit: 11
live long and prosper
OS 1131 no problems, but since os 1132 3 of my rigs wont start - "miner hangs" - no matter what i do nothging works nada :-(

xmr zec eth no matter what miner i use, it wont work :-(

Remove dead screens with 'screen -wipe'.
write: Bad file descriptor
Watchdog enabled
Remote management (READ-ONLY MODE) is enabled on port 3333
GPU0 t=28C fan=47%, GPU1 t=32C fan=47%, GPU2 t=31C fan=47%, GPU3 t=28C fan=47%
Miner thread hangs, need to restart miner!
Binary file (standard input) matches
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
alright, recently all my rigs won't overclock no matter what I do. I tested it on windows and they reach their 22.2 mh/s but on simple mining they get stuck at 18.3 mh/s
changed my ssd, changed ssd to usb, changed risers, changed options on simple mining..

Anyone knows what might be wrong?
Activity: 4
>>>>>>Repeated Post.... i need reply>>>>>
hi all,
i am mining btg with gtx 1060 6gb.... my hash rate was 1930 sol average,, yesterday i have updated my ssd setting (flash) and after that my hash rate dropped to 1730 average sol.... for ethereum mining my hash rate was 24 mhs per gpu but now it is dropped to 19 mhs........ whats the reason behind this and how to fix it,,, kindly help me, i am waiting
SMOS is simple
Writing a script to modify n rigs and centralize logs would not take a long time

I'm not trying to centralize logs. I'm trying to give my clients the ability to view the simplemining.net CONSOLE button via the web, just with scrolling enabled.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Feature Request:

Please would you enable scrolling when viewing the console via the Simplemining.net website?
When you have +12 GPU's, not having the ability to scroll means my clients are unable to see all the info needed when using --peg options when mining Equihash.

4 posts above you have the exact answer to your problem

Why would i want to implement a temp solution which will need to be continuously re-applied with every single SMOS update?
Hack jobs are fine when you have 1 or 2 machines.

The feature request was clear: enable scrolling when viewing the console via the Simplemining.net website.

SMOS is simple
Writing a script to modify n rigs and centralize logs would not take a long time

Feature Request:

Please would you enable scrolling when viewing the console via the Simplemining.net website?
When you have +12 GPU's, not having the ability to scroll means my clients are unable to see all the info needed when using --peg options when mining Equihash.

Why would i want to implement a temp solution which will need to be continuously re-applied with every single SMOS update?
Hack jobs are fine when you have 1 or 2 machines.

The feature request was clear: enable scrolling when viewing the console via the Simplemining.net website.
Activity: 12
Are these miners support neoscrypt or nist5 ?
if not is this possible to mine them ?
Activity: 2
Hi guy's,
Anyone know if the 1070ti is fully supported?
I just bought one to try out and am having an issue.
It runs but the Over Clocking settings have no effect.
Also it seems to not recognize which card it is, see below.
The best and only speed I get is around 26.8 Mh/s

ERROR: Error querying connected displays on GPU 0 (Missing Extension).
ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:0' (No targets match target specification), specified in query '[gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]'.
Available core offset for GPU 0 is in
Applying CoreOffset:
Available power limit for GPU 0 is 90.00 W, 217.00 W
Applying PowerLimit: 217 watt for GPU 0
============ Starting Miner ===============
Binary file (standard input) matches

ETH: 11/26/17-05:57:00 - New job from us2.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 26.824 Mh/s, Total Shares: 10, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:21
ETH: GPU0 26.824 Mh/s
GPU0 t=60C fan=35%

I have the same issue but in my case SMOS recognizes my card as below

CUDA: Device: 0 GeForce GTX 1070, 8114 MB 1:64

OC only works on Power Limit but no effect on other variables.
Tried fresh install, Sudo apt-get update via Putty but no luck.

Can anyone please help?
Feature Request:

Feature Request:

Anyone know why my miner would appear offline on the website, but still be online and mining to my pool?

Normally rebooting your router solves this (at least it does for me.. Seems like a DNS related problem on my end when that happens).
Activity: 25
Anyone know why my miner would appear offline on the website, but still be online and mining to my pool?
How to save miner logs in SMOS ?

edit your /root/start.sh

modify line 16 like this :
   screen -L -dm -S miner bash -c "/root/utils/update_register.sh" &

now, all your screen output will be redirected to /home/miner/screenlog.0 so type :
  tail -f /home/miner/screenlog.0

and you will see the live output. in colors by the magic of gnu. Ctrl+C will get you back to shell.

Beware the file will grow fast, scp it somewhere and delete it periodically

You may have to edit the /root/start.sh file after SMOS updates
Activity: 34
Merit: 2
tytanick, I have 11 rigs with 12/13 cards each. All of them Nvidia and all of them misbehaving in terms of processor load.
I believe I've figured it out: The majority of people won't notice it, but a LOT of the instability is caused by cronjobs executing before the previous one has finished.

I can confirm that rigs with more than 8 GPUs behave a bit suspicious compared to my rocksolid 6-8 GPU rigs
paD
Activity: 11
is it possible to mine BTX?
Have 9x Radeon cards but i don't find any miner with timetravel10 in simpleos and Radeon-Cards Sad

paD
I would say that this coincidence.
Rigs can do that and i guess something is wrong with riser/gpu, power or many other things. Most probably riser.
Anyway it means that system didnt found any GPU. So check riser etc.

Bug report:

tytanick, I have 11 rigs with 12/13 cards each. All of them Nvidia and all of them misbehaving in terms of processor load.
I believe I've figured it out: The majority of people won't notice it, but a LOT of the instability is caused by cronjobs executing before the previous one has finished.

When you have less than 10 cards, the nvidia-smi and related crontabs are executed and finished within the time before the next cron runs.
When you have > 10 cards, it takes a HECK of a long time for the crons to finish, there by putting tremendous load both on the CPU (and consuming boatloads of wattage / power) and the GPU's to continuously pull stats.

I highly recommend you write a master script / function that does a process listing prior to executing and only execute if the old process is done executing.
Activity: 246
Merit: 24
Hey guys I've been having two issues with SMOS.

First off, I'm going to say this out directly, all Hardware has been tested and stable for over 3 Days 24/7 operation or a week plus. I know there are NO hardware faults, no bad risers causing issues, etc. Ill list Specs below.

Rigs
G3930
H110 PRO BTC
EVGA BT 450w(For motherboard power)
Delta 2400w Server PSU (GPU/Riser Power)
Riser 007c,(LED lights including working)
Nvidia GPUS/AMD RX580's.
M.2 SSD. /Also tested with WD Raptor HDDs/16Gb 3.0 USB Drive
Overclocks all stable

H110 Motherboard is powered by BOTH molex connections AND a SATA connection for PCI-E lanes.

Here is my issue,

With Nvidia, NO MORE THAN, 11 GPUs will run stable for 24 hours. I've tried 13 GPUs but constant crashes, restarts etc every few hours. I've tried EVERYTHING hardware related. To test my theory I split my 13 GPU GTX 1070 rig into 6 and 7 rig(same risers, same motherboard, same overclocks etc) both ran beautifully for 48+ hours zero restarts. I recombined them back into 13 GPU rig, ran 23+ hours fine, then it started constantly crashing, restarting etc.

Here what I've tried
Flashing new USB Drive, Swapping to HDD, M.2 SSD.

I put down to 11, back to 48+ hours stablity, hell ran over 2 week stable with 11 GPUs.

I Got some GTX 1060's in, and decided to test again, 13+ GPUs. Absolute no go. Suffered same issues, crashes, restarts every few hours etc.

As of right now I'm blaming terrible NV drivers for Linux. I'm wondering if anyone else has 13+ Nvidia GPU rig? Has yours been running stable for over 48 hours with the same setup? For the life of me cannot get 13 GPUs to run with an Nvidia Rig.

On the other hand, I just purchased and setup a RX580 13 GPU rig mining ETH totally stable for 3+ days now. It's running great. My problem is when it Mines Monero.

Mining ETH I get 3+ days of stability. Mining Monero I'm luck to even get one day stable. Everything is EXACLTY the same. Same clocks, Same cards, same everything. Using Claymore ETH miner for ETH and Claymore XMR AMD for Monero. Everytime I run Monero, it will crash after a 6~ hours. When I restart the miner via SMOS. I will be down a card. It seems like a card will lose power or just stop running. I have to completely shut down the computer and restart it, then when the miner reload all cards will show up. mind you I didn't touch anything all i did do a cold boot for the miner rig.

I appreciate any idea or anyone having similar issues. I'm just stumped.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Tru Reputation Network - Proof of Reputation
Can someone help me?
I've got 6 x rx 580 nitro+ but I can only run 4 when I put the 5th the program only recognize 4 and the rate of mining down.
With 4 I am mining 124.5 mh/s but when I put 5 (only works 4) I am mining 82mh/s.

This is my SM config:
-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $wallet/$name -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333 -asm 1

And this is my OC SM:
Core MHz: 1200
Memory MHz: 2250
Core Undervolting: 850
PowerStage: 3
Target cº: 64
Minimum Fan speed: 50

MotherBoard: Asus B250 Expert miminig
Power supply: HXCorsair 1200i

With 4 graphics 640w from the wall so I dont thing that the problem is the power supply. any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Have you checked the screen at the begining. You must see all expansion slots in green if not check wires risers.
I prefer use https://hiveos.farm with this moterboard I find too much fail now with SMOS.
On ETH for memory 2250 is TOO HIGH in my opinion I put 2100/2150 maximum
For weeks when SMOS doesn't reboot or reload when there is a problem. All is green but the rig is freeezing you must look at the console to see time is 2 or 3 hours sooner.

I ordered some B250 minig expert to migrate my other rigs on hiveos.
I have 5 rigs on SMOS at the moment 2 on HIVEOS. Now I have another problem with smos some rigs have ZERO h but it is OK for smos all is green so I must reboot manually the rigs with hiveos you can tuned your rig and if the rig is under the amount you put it reload or reboot automatically.

Tytanick I apreciate your OS it was the first I used but now there are too much fails and the gui is not friendly to use to change the pool, the adress, etc.. with hiveos you can mixed nvidia and amd on the same rig. Look at hiveos there are a lot of good ideas. Of course it was a very bad idea to limit report on the gpu we need to see all the information on the gpu.

I had also the fail with 511° and I must reboot.

Now I have a zero h on one rig

the dashboard on HIVEOS where I said 10 GPU but there is only 9 ;-)

I can use usb keys with hiveos on all my MB, on some MB with smos I must use SSD. On hiveos no fail "no screen attached"

explanation for WatchDog

WD = watch dog enable
M3 = if no activity 3 minutes miner reload
R5 = if no activity 5 minutes rig reboot
claymore x = 680 if one GPU h under 680 miner reload

Activity: 9
Is it just me or is the Biostar TB250+ and Pro just not supported?  TB85 works like a champ

What problems are you seeing?   I thought my problems were all Saphire 570 Nitro related....seems these new ELPIDA cards are tough to get right on the bios.  But I do have this TB250 Pro (only one)  all my other systems are ASUS Z270-A...........
Jump to: