Pages:
Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 37. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 690
Merit: 12
New SimpleMining beta image:
- SM-5.4.81-8-a20.40-n455.45.01
- Beta image only for AMD RX 6800 GPUs support
- Image is available in download section and in "Advanced commands"

Miners update:
- bminer-v16.4.1 (Support mining ETH on AMD 4G cards via the -ethash-allocation parameter. Improve performance on mining ETH on AMD 4G cards)

Miners update:
- bminer-v16.4.2 (Fix crash in NVIDIA Etherum miner)

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
ETC is not using ethash anymore, while they are still somewhat similar, there are some notable changes, so you will need to work on it to fix the stale shares and lower hashrate, my recommendation is to get back to default speed and then work you way from there. I myself have a rx 470 and changing it from eth to etc had no changes in hashrate or stale shares but my card has minimal overclock.

Well there it is. Something stupid I overlooked.  I'll start there and dig in.
I use ethermine (or whatever it's called now) for my pool and it was detected just giving all bad shares.
I run bios modded and overclocked (fairly aggressively though as I pay a flat fee for power) on mostly rx570s with a few stock bios rx-580s and one rx-480.

Thanks Metroid I will dig in more.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
I'm having a little trouble with getting ETC mining to work on Team Red miner.
I've been mining ETH for a bit on it and after switching i'm getting a crazy amount of bad shares and much lower hash rate.
The config is virtually the same so I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong. I wouldn't think it's my OC as they have worked fine with everything else I have mined. XMR,

ETC is not using ethash anymore, while they are still somewhat similar, there are some notable changes, so you will need to work on it to fix the stale shares and lower hashrate, my recommendation is to get back to default speed and then work you way from there. I myself have a rx 470 and changing it from eth to etc had no changes in hashrate or stale shares but my card has minimal overclock.
Activity: 21
I'm having a little trouble with getting ETC mining to work on Team Red miner.
I've been mining ETH for a bit on it and after switching i'm getting a crazy amount of bad shares and much lower hash rate.
The config is virtually the same so I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong. I wouldn't think it's my OC as they have worked fine with everything else I have mined. XMR, RVN, ZEC etc...

I'm hoping i'm being an air head and just missing something....?
I'm preparing for ETH DAG EPOC #384
Miners update:
- phoenixminer-v5.4c (Added support for DAG epochs up to 500. Validated support for Nvidia RTX 3090, 3080, 3070, 3060Ti. Add support for the older AMD Linux driver 19.50-1011208. Added new kernels to allow mining on AMD Hawaii cards (R9 390, etc.) with the current and future DAG epochs (even with DAG buffer above 4GB for the 8GB cards))

Miners update:
- gminer-v2.36 (Support extra nonce length up to 6 bytes for Ethash/KAWPOW (now miner will works on f2pool, miningpoolhub and other pools). Added display of fan speed, core clock, memory clock, DAG size, share difficulty for Ethash/KAWPOW. Display power efficienty for cuckoo cycle in milliwatts. Fixed bug with stale job logic on beam and cortex (it will increase hashrate on pool side). Added option to enable/disable caching of dag file (enabled by default, --cache_dag 0/1). Added option to enable/disable share check on CPU for Ethash/KAWPOW (enabled by default, --share_check 0/1))

Update v1299:
- Fixed no GPU data after rig reboot for several dozen seconds.
- Less blinking console info while pause mode on external monitors.
- Fixed SRR cyclic reboot after OS reflash in pause mode
- Improved PhoenixMiner API console - removed some empty lines
- Improved miner start under sudo in some conditions
- Improved display uptime especially during first 1 minute
- Other small fixes and improvements

Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Greeting. I installed Simplemining Linux s on the HDD and I only have about 16 MH / s hashrat per graphics card for Ethereum. I have 6 graphics cards in the miner (1 X RX580 8 GB, 4 X RX580 4 GB and 1 X RX470 4 GB). Even an 8 GB graphics card hashes only 16 MH / s. All miners have such a weak hashrate: Phoenix miner, Team Red miner, Lol miner ..... Does anyone know what the problem is - these are my settings and hashrates:

Miners update:
- lolminer-v1.17 (Reduced Ethash power draw on Navi, Improved performance of 6800 (XT) / 6900. Added Cuckoo-29, Cuckaroo-30 CTX, Cuckatoo-31 (MWC) and Cuckatoo-32 (Grin) for RX 6800. Reduced stale shares on Cortex - minimally lower hash rate, but higher pool side hash. Added basic temperature protection. Added --singlethread for Ethash and Equihash - will disable the 2nd mining thread and slightly reduce performance of involved cards. Added reading of junction temperature on AMD. Fixed Ethash Ethproxy stratum mode loosing worker name. Fixed Ethash, Beam not starting on Radeon R9 380. Fixed Ethash not starting on some 6G NVIDIA. Fixed Ethash trying to start up card after error)

Miners update:
- gminer-v2.35 (Removed algos: Eaglesong, Handshake, Kadena, BeamHashI, BeamHashII, Grimm, Cuckaroo29, Cuckaroom29, Equihash 96,5. Significantly reduced binary size. Significantly performance improvements for KAWPOW/ProgPoW algorithms on mining edition GPUs)
- teamredminer-v0.7.21 (Improved Ethash probability for high (4078-4080MB) ethash 4GB capped allocation running stable over time)

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1112
LLP Programming & Electronics

info

Phenis miner 5.4b crash my rigs with  SimpleMiningOS (SM-5.4.52-10-a20.30-n455.45.01)
Miners update:
- gminer-v2.34 (improved compatibility with Ethash pools (beepool.org). Added DAG check after generation for Ethash and ProgPoW/KAWPOW - helps detect overclock issues. Fixed "No device found" error. Fixed "NVML initialization failed" error. Decreased stale share percentage on ProgPoW/KAWPOW. Nnot stop miner when DAG generation failed on some GPU)
- t-rex-v0.19.4 (Fixed not starting with various errorrs TREX: xxxx (base64 encoded). Fixed --keep-gpu-busy not working under some conditions)
- teamredminer-v0.7.20 (Ethash - added default capped DAG allocation for 4GBs at 4072MB (see --eth_4g_max_alloc). Fixed Ethash crashes using --eth_dag_cache on 4GB gpus)
- wildrig-multi-v0.28.2 (Beta release. --print-devices now will print busID. x11k algo will use the same algo for devfee, this should improve miner stability on some cards)

Miners update:
- nbminer-nebutech-v35.0 (Ethash added statistics for invalid shares. Added statistics for Health information of AMD GPU. More detailed error information of OpenCL api. Reduced CPU usage)
- phoenixminer-v5.4b (Beta release. New kernels for Vega and Navi slightly faster when DAG buffer is approaching or passing 4GB in size. To use these new kernels, you need AMD drivers 20.10+. Automatic re-running auto-tune as needed when switching to a different DAG buffer type. Fixed crash when trying to set -mvddc on very old AMD drivers. Other small fixes and improvements)

Advanced Command update:
- Option named "download" for command "Reflash: custom image" moved to separate command for clarity

Miners update:
- bminer-v16.3.7 (Support NVIDIA 30 Series. Fix crash in NVIDIA Etherum miner)

Activity: 18
fans on my 6 x 5700xt gigabyte aorus are going mad from time to time. Just like that they begin spinning 100% and than return to normal. Temperatures are all fine, below 65c. Using last phoenix miner
Miners update:
- nanominer-v3.1.4 (Fixed detecting 0 Nvidia devices in case NVML fails with latest Nvidia driver. Fixed stability issue with AMD RX 5700 mining Ethash)

Miners update:
- t-rex-v0.19.3 (Octopus performance improvements 1-2% on some configurations. Octopus, ethash - reduce the amount of invalid shares. Add --no-hashrate-report parameter to disable hashrate reporting to the mining pool. Add --gpu-report-interval parameter removed in an earlier version. Add --keep-gpu-busy parameter to continue mining even in case of connection loss (useful if pausing GPUs causes instability). Add --api-read-only parameter to forbid applying config changes via API and web-monitoring page. Add CUDA Compute Capability 8.0 video cards support (NVIDIA A100))

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

Any way to see system health? if not then it could be a feature, cpu, motherboard temperature, fan rpm, psu voltages on 12v rail, 5v rail and so on.
Miners update:
- teamredminer-v0.7.19 (Ethash solo-miner share high-score list added, use --high_score to enable. Ethash single buffer dag for a small power save. Only available on recent drivers and should in theory always be an improvement. It is not verified 100% stable yet and therefore not the default in this version. Enable with --eth_dag_buf=A to test. Miner gpu initialization procedure rewritten. The init procedure should now hopefully be much more stable, especially on Navis in general and even more so for 5600(XT)s. Added adjustable ratio support for quota and load_balance pool strategies (see --pool_ratio).  Rewrote miner init procedure to be more stable in general. Fixed issue where output blocking could cause mining work to stop. Reduced main binary size. Reintroduced single DAG buffer support for recent drivers allowing large single allocations (see --eth_dag_buf). Ethash added high score list of the 15 highest value shares found since start (see --high_score). Ethash small improvements in keeping the gpu busy over epoch switches. Ethash fixed bug that would cause deadlocks in rare occasions. Ethash: bugfix dag cache wasn't enabled for 4GB gpus)
Activity: 11
Simplemining ony recognizes 1 gpu anymore...
i have a small rig with 3 1060 6g gpu's but no matter what i do, SM sees only 1 gpu.
It used to see all 3 in the past though.
I tried everything... Tried different mobo's, changed risers, put gpu's in mobo without risers, changed powersupply, reflashed my usb-stick... Nothing helps.
Anyone any idea what could be the problem?
Miners update:
- nanominer-v3.1.3 (Performance improvements for Octopus and Ethash on Nvidia. Ethash +1.7% on Turing (16xx, 20xx), +0.5% on Ampere (30xx). Octopus +4% on Turing (16xx, 20xx), +2% on Ampere (30xx))

Miners update:
- nbminer-nebutech-v34.5 (Improve ethhash hashrate 1% on certain Nvidia GPUs. Octopus minor improvement on certain 20 & 30 series Nvidia. Option -mt More effective and compatibility on Geforce Pascal GPUs.  Fix kawpow progpow_sero Fix crash on certain AMD & Nvidia rigs)

Update v1298:
- Improved API for srbminer
- Fixed MD5 checksum error for custom miner support
- Nvflash tool updated to 5.660.0 with support Turing, 1650, 30 Ampere NVIDIA GPUs

Activity: 142
Thank You!

SM-5.0. gives better hashrate indeed
and I managed to lower core to 862mV

Now 6 x RX470 rig total power consumption is 820W and gives 183 MH/s

You got a new customer  Smiley

Keep up the good work!

edit: similar rig with better PSU (Evga 1300) working at 780W, nice!
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Made a test today with 2 almost identical 6 x RX470 8GB rigs, same settings, same pool, same Phoenix eth miner: (used watt meter and pool data)
SMOS rig gives 2 % better hashrate, but consumes 9 % more energy then win 10 rig.
Bad surprise...

Linux drivers are little different than windows.
The same settings will not give the same results.
You can probably go lower in uv in smos or lower core.
There is many factors.
Also depend which os image you are using. Try the one with 18.30 amd libraries if you tried on 20.30 amd library image. (So try second link on website download page instead of first)
Made a test today with 2 almost identical 6 x RX470 8GB rigs, same settings, same pool, same Phoenix eth miner: (used watt meter and pool data)
SMOS rig gives 2 % better hashrate, but consumes 9 % more energy then win 10 rig.
Bad surprise...

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Ok, understood, those MVDDCI and MVDD fields are only for RX 5000 cards, thanks!
But how can I UV RX 400/500 cards? Examples don't tell anything about memory UV...
If I can't UV memory with SMOS, then I simply can't use Your software...
ps: sorry, discord is no go for me - hate that app...

In polaris you can undervolt only core to 900 or 875mv (at 1150mhz).
Polaris GPUs does not allow to undervolt memory thats why this is not available.

If you wish you can contact us also on [email protected]
Discord has also its own disadventages thats true.
Hey!

My first day with SMOS:
how can I undervolt memory?

Memory UV (MVDD): ?
Memory UV (MVDDCI): ?
Aggressive undervolt: ?

(RX 470 8GB eth only mining)

and what is Powerstage: 1-7?

I suggest entering our Discord. Help team will help you gest started pretty fast than writing here Smiley

Depend on cardm go to Overclocking in that rig you want to OC and then click OC examples button at the top of this window.
You will see suggested overclocking settings.
MVDDCI and MVDD are for RX5000 series (not RX500 series)

Ok, understood, those MVDDCI and MVDD fields are only for RX 5000 cards, thanks!

But how can I UV RX 400/500 cards? Examples don't tell anything about memory UV...
If I can't UV memory with SMOS, then I simply can't use Your software...

ps: sorry, discord is no go for me - hate that app...
Pages:
Jump to: