Pages:
Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 35. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 438
Merit: 27
Thx for the Tipp, but i will go full watercooled.
Atm ETH is the most profitable coin, followed by octopus algo.
I want to be ready for power hungry coins and my 3080 Supreme X have a big powertarget.
Cooling a few GPUs with over 400 Watt each wouldnt be possible on a closed rig.

I have never seen such monstrous graphic cards....
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
On 5700 / XTs the Ram temp is shown.
Any workaround for the 3080s?
Because HWinfo shows the ram temp of 3080s.
Would be a shame if i had to stick to windows.
Lots of waterblocks coming for my 3080s
We are still working on it as the getting this information is not direct in linux.

In a mean time there is fix for 3080 throttling problem and soon we will make medium.com blog post about it.
If you 3080 is throttling due to memory temp (most probably it is). Then you "just" need to buy new good quality thermal pads and replace existing ones.
Put 2mm on memory chips and 1mm on rest of GPU.
We will make in 1-2 weeks article about this problem.
On 5700 / XTs the Ram temp is shown.
Any workaround for the 3080s?
Because HWinfo shows the ram temp of 3080s.
Would be a shame if i had to stick to windows.
Lots of waterblocks coming for my 3080s
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Does anyone know how Fan control work for RTX 3070?
Are there any command? Sliders does not work.
Okay, case solved. If someone run into the same problem. Mixed rigs are not supported, mixed rigs does not mean amd and nvidia in the same rig, it means different GPU's are not supported: 3070 with 2060 etc.
I had 3070 and 2060 super in same rig, fan control does not work, if i removed 2060 super, fan control works as a charm.
I have the same issue with 3070 mixed with 1080ti...
All nvidia fanspeed issues are fixed right ? (except the one that one fan is not spinning in 3xxx series in some models) ?

Hello all. Started mining (as hobby) again after 2 years and enjoying the updated GUI.
Is there any way to see the motherboard temperature? As in from RigList or Shellinabox?
We do not support checking motherboard temperature - it is not needed anyway.

if 1 have 6 rx6800xt what is he best smos firmware i should use?
can anyone help?
Just use newest from website. If you have any problems please report to [email protected]

Trying to get a rig set up on your OS. Getting stuck at "root@simplemining" I don't think it is accepting the email for some reason. Flashed the OS that your site shows and changed email. Help please. Thanks
Maybe your bios is not set up right or drive is broken ? Can you try different drive ?

Thx for this great os. Have all my rigs on it.
For the display of RAM-Temp i can only use windows.
Are you working on showing the vram temp?
Like you do with the AMD 5xxx series?
Is there any eta?
Which GPU does not show mem temperatures ? We are not showing it in rx5500 and in nvidia due to lack of support in driver.

my new 6800xt is mine 0 hash rate
I have a 1 card rig with
5.4.98-sm1 / amd20.40r5.6.31 / v1305
some help please
using phoenix 5.4c
-eres 4 -pool daggerhashimoto.usa.nicehash.com:3353 -wal BTC addy -pass x -proto 4 -rmode 2 -stales 0
Can You report this problem via email [email protected] ?
I will take a look.

Got it to work I changed ram settings it is fine now.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Okay, case solved. If someone run into the same problem. Mixed rigs are not supported, mixed rigs does not mean amd and nvidia in the same rig, it means different GPU's are not supported: 3070 with 2060 etc.
I had 3070 and 2060 super in same rig, fan control does not work, if i removed 2060 super, fan control works as a charm.
All nvidia fanspeed issues are fixed right ? (except the one that one fan is not spinning in 3xxx series in some models) ?

Hello all. Started mining (as hobby) again after 2 years and enjoying the updated GUI.
Is there any way to see the motherboard temperature? As in from RigList or Shellinabox?
We do not support checking motherboard temperature - it is not needed anyway.

can anyone help?
Just use newest from website. If you have any problems please report to [email protected]

Trying to get a rig set up on your OS. Getting stuck at "root@simplemining" I don't think it is accepting the email for some reason. Flashed the OS that your site shows and changed email. Help please. Thanks
Maybe your bios is not set up right or drive is broken ? Can you try different drive ?

Is there any eta?
Which GPU does not show mem temperatures ? We are not showing it in rx5500 and in nvidia due to lack of support in driver.

I have a 1 card rig with
some help please
using phoenix 5.4c
-eres 4 -pool daggerhashimoto.usa.nicehash.com:3353 -wal BTC addy -pass x -proto 4 -rmode 2 -stales 0
Can You report this problem via email [email protected] ?
I will take a look.

Activity: 690
Merit: 12
Miners update:
- nanominer-v3.3.1 (Added dual Raven + Zilliqa. Fixed an issue with 2Miners pool)

SimpleMining images update:
- Updated all 3 optional images for advaned users available via Advanced Commands.
- SM-5.4.98-1-ub18-a20.30-n460.56, SM-5.4.98-1-ub18-a18.20-n430.40 and SM-5.4.98-1-ub18-a20.30-Radeon-VII.
- All those three images (and official one released yesterday) are free of the last issue with missing config.txt file reading on very slow USB pendrives.

Miners update:
- srbminer-multi-v0.7.0 (Reduced power consumption on autolykos2 for Ellesmere 2-3%, verthash for Ellesmere 5%, verthash for Vega 10%. Performance increase on verthash for Vega GPU's ~3%. Added --verthash-dat-path. Fixed verthash stack smash issue. Fixed watchdog not triggering on dead GPU issue. Fixed crash on panthera algorithm. Removed --gpu-watchdog-disable-mode, --watchdog-rounds. Minor bug fixes)

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Is there any eta?

thx
Miners update:
- xmrig-v6.10.0 (Fixed pause logic when both pause on battery and user activity are enabled. Fixed many new job messages when solo mining. Fixed crash in cn-heavy on Zen3 with manual thread count. Fixed possible out of order write to log file. http-parser replaced to llhttp)

Miners update:
- gminer-v2.47 (Improved stability)

Miners update:
- nanominer-v3.3.0 (Added dual with Zilliqa for coins: Ethereum,Ethereum Classic,Conflux,Ergo. Example of configure dual mining available in miner description. Reduced dev fee on Ergo: 5% to 2.5%. Fixed memClocks and coreClocks on NVidia. Removed Pascal Coin)

- SM-5.4.98-1-ub18-a20.40-n460.56-v1305 (New fixed image for all supported GPUs. Previous images had problem with missing config.txt file on certain very slow pendrives. New image has this problem fixed and will work on all pendrives. If you have problem with missing config.txt file, please download and flash this image. Image is also available via AdvancedCommands)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

***Just scrolled up a little. v1305 is the one I flashed. Going to try v1297.

******Doing the same thing. Need a little help with this
Miners update:
- verthashminer-v0.7.1 (Changed "difficulty to target" formula to a more reliable one. Miner will no longer load NVML and ADL libraries when they are not needed. OpenCL back-end will now report error codes along with messages. Fixed NVIDIA OpenCL devices restrictions when compiled with CUDA 10 or lower. Added GPU memory errors tracker. Invalid shares will be discarded)
legendary
I have a 1 card rig with

some help please

using phoenix 5.4c

Miners update:
- miniz-v1.7x3 (Improved stale shares for all algos. Added support for Ravencoin (RVN), Zelantus (ZELS), Super Zero (SERO),  Zano (ZANO),  Veil (VEIL),  Veriblock (VBK) with fee 1%. Added support for ethash ETH/ETC (beta) with fee 0.75%. Fixed 192,7 mining.  Minor improvements for 210,9 and 96,5. Removed support for 150,5,3. Improved overall stability. --smart-pers enabled by default. miniZ will adjust the pers string as needed. Fixed hashrate reporting for 96,5. Added --coolui option for alternative interface. Added --quit-disconnect to force the miner to quit when the connection drops (or when quit file is detected))
- xmrig-v6.9.0 (Added pause-on-active config option and --pause-on-active=N command line option. Added support for Tari merge mining. Fixed crash when GPU mining cn-heavy on Zen3 system)

Update v1305:
- Small fix with first run rig and error message on screen during some conditions
- New watchdog detecting read-only filesystem due to filesystem or hard drive issue
- Fixed file permission error message of system console
- Added error msg in console if rig has not IP address
- Fixed hard drive info on some systems

Miners update:
- gminer-v2.45 (Improved Ethash performance for AMD/NVIDUA. Improved performance on KAWPOW for NVIDIA. Decreased stale shares on Nvidia for Ethash and KAWPOW. Removed kernel and added 2 energy efficiency kernels on Ethash for Nvidia. Improved kernel auto-tuning, auto-tuning takes into account energy efficiency of kernels. Optimized NVML polls to decrease memory leaks caused by recent Nvidia drivers (use --pec 0 to exclude memory leaks completely))

Miners update:
- verthashminer-v0.7.0 (Fixed crash when receiving first stratum job. Miner will now instantly switch stratum jobs(on mining.notify). Removed PCIe bus ID configuration file format(due to being not reliable). Raw device list is now default configuration file format(as --gen-conf(-g))  and --gen-conf-raw(-G) option has been removed. A full PCIe ID (bus:device:function) will now be displayed in the device list. Added a new feature "Adaptive batch size" (WorkSize = 0). (It is now used as default, instead of hardcoded 131072 WorkSize). Added 2 new options "BatchTimeMs" and "OccupancyPct" to control "Adaptive batch size".  (Increase "BatchTimeMs" if you have any performance regressions compared to v0.6.2. More inside README). Added support for AMD GPU monitoring through SysFs backend. Added support for NVIDIA GPU monitoring through NVML backend. Added new option GPUTemperatureLimit when GPU Monitoring is available. Automatically transfer NVIDIA SM3.0 devices to the OpenCL backend if the miner was compiled with CUDA 11 or later. Added extra config validation layers for device settings inside the configuration file and command line.Misc fixes and code refactoring)

Miners update:
- srbminer-multi-v0.6.8 (Performance increase on autolykos2 on Vega ~6-9%. Performance increase on autolykos2 on rest GPUs ~3-5%. Added abort mechanism for autolykos2 dataset creation)

- SM-5.4.98-1-a20.30-n460.56-v1305 (Updated NVIDIA driver with 3060 support)

- SM-5.4.98-1-a20.40-n460.56-v1305 (One image for all supported GPUs: AMD RX 370 / 380 / 390 / 470 / 480 / 550 / 560 / 570 / 580 / 590 / Vega / Radeon VII / RX 5500 / 5600 / 5700 / 6800 / 6900, NVIDIA 1050 / 1060 / 1070 / 1080 / P102 / P104 / P106 / 1650 / 1660 / 2060 / 2070 / 2080 / 3060 / 3070 / 3080 / 3090)

- Revert back with official SimpleMining image SM-5.4.98-1-a20.30-n460.56-v1305 to previous ones because of problems with booting under some conditions. We are working on a bug fix and will back to new one image when done.

Miners update:
- srbminer-multi-v0.6.9 (Added algorithm verthash, fee 1.25%. Performance increase on autolykos2 algorithm ~1-6%. Reduced power consumption on autolykos2 algorithm on Vega GPUs. Minor bug fixes)

Miners update:
- gminer-v2.46 (Added memory tweaks for Nvidia GPUs with GDDR5X and GDDR5 memory, requires admin privileges (--mt 1-6). Improved --api parameter, now you can bind ip address (--api [address][port] or --api [port]). Added option to control watchdog restart delay (--watchdog_restart_delay). Optimized memory usage while generating DAG (will able to run miner on 13 GPUs+ rigs with 4GB memory and without swap). Improved kernel auto-tuning)

legendary
I will need to check latest  software thanks.
Update v1304:
- Fixed missing RAM size
- Fixed missing dmesg crash console

- SM-5.4.98-1-a20.30-n460.39-v1304, SM-5.4.98-1-a20.40-n460.39-v1304, SM-5.4.98-1-a20.30-Radeon-VII-v1304
- Updated images with Intel 2.5Gbps network card adapters support.
- First image for almost all GPUs, second one for AMD RX 6xxx series (as in previous update)
- Third one image is available only via advanced commands in dashboard and is optimized only for Radeon VII GPUs.

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
can anyone help?
Miners update:
- nanominer-v3.2.0 (Added Autolykos algorithm support for Ergo coin. Fee is 5%. Needs at least 3 GB GPU)

Miners update:
- t-rex-v0.19.10 (Add --script-exit parameter to execute a script upon miner exit. Fixed some user scripts specified in --script-start, --script-epoch-change etc. that fail to execute. Fixed ethash GPU is idle error when generating DAG. Fixed miner fails to start on some linux distros with TREX: ... error)

Miners update:
- srbminer-multi-v0.6.6 (Autolykos2: performance increase, reduced power consumption, faster dataset creation, fixed miner crashing when creating dataset, fixed miner crashing when running --gpu-auto-tune, possible fix for duplicate share. Fixed k12 algorithm. Minor bug fixes)
- lolminer-v1.23 (Reduced the amount of needed host memory when running many cards in zombie mode. Will resolve issues when there is a high number of card. If 1.22 works good for you, but 1.23 is unstable stay at 1.22. Slightly improve zombie mode performance on future epochs above 387)

Miners update:
- nanominer-v3.2.1 (Autolykos performance improvements for AMD, 1-5% depending on GPU)
- sgminer-fancyIX-v0.7.3 (Added Navi support for neoscrypt_navi, neoscrypt-xaya_navi, ethash_navi, lyra2Z_navi, allium_navi, phi2_navi. To run with Navi cards, use suffix _navi to algo, such as -k neoscrypt_navi or -k ethash_navi)

Miners update:
- t-rex-v0.19.11 (Bind API servers to 127.0.0.1 by default to prevent unauthorised access to the API)

Miners update:
- lolminer-v1.24a (Fixed a bug, that often caused the amdgpu driver to report a VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_STATUS on startup and possible caused rig reboot. Fixed defect shares and wrong reported has hrate when started with fixed --zombie-tune parameters directly)

Miners update:
- srbminer-multi-v0.6.7 (Performance increase on autolykos2. Devfee increased on autolykos2 to 2%. Ethash - added 1 or 2 buffer mode for DAG (--gpu-ethash-mode). Minor bug fixes)

Update v1303:
- Added parser for verthashminer (only summary hashrate)
- Fixed srbminer API
- Improved NVIDIA fancontrol for 3xxx series
- Fixed VRAM vendor stats reading for AMD Vega+ GPUs

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Miners update:
- srbminer-multi-v0.6.4 (Added algorithm autolykos2 (Ergo) with fee 1.25%. Removed devfee for cryptonight_heavyx. Bug fixes)

Miners update:
- xmrig-v6.8.1 (Fixed AMD GPUs health data readings. Added support for flexible huge page sizes)

New SimpleMining image:
SM-5.4.52-10-a20.30-Radeon-VII
Image ONLY! for AMD Radeon VII with boost up to 105 MH/s support
Image is available only in "Advanced commands"

This is special version of image modified only for AMD Radeon VII boost up to 105 MH/s with 210W power using TeamRedMiner
Image has enabled grub options: amdgpu.vm_block_size=10 amdgpu.vm_size=1024 and this is not recomended fo use with other GPUs because of lower hashare possibility.

Short set up procedure

Group config:
- Select miner: TeamRedMiner v0.8.0 or higher
- Miner OPTIONS: add --eth_config=C option
- Run as root: enabled

OC settings:
- Core MHz / Memory MHz / Core undervolt:
1600 / 900 / 1000 (gives in our tests 96.00 MH/s)
1700 / 1000 / 950 (gives in our tests 105.70 MH/s)
- Advanced tools: enabled
- Advanced tools options:
for Hynix video memory: amdmemorytweak --i XXX --ref 7500 --rtp 6 --rrds 3 --faw 12 --ras 19 --rc 30 --rcdrd 11 --rp 11
for Samsung video memory: amdmemorytweak --i XXX --ref 7500 --faw 15 --rcdrd 13 --rp 13 --rrds 3 --rc 38 --ras 25
(where "XXX" is GPU number 0 or 1 or 2 or 0,1,2,3 for each one)

Miners update:
- teamredminer-v0.8.1 (Big Navi support added (RX 6800/6900) - basic support release for all supported Navi algos (ethash, kawpow, mtp, nimiq). Kernels close to or identical with Navi10 A-mode (ethash) and default modes for Navi10 (kawpow, mtp, nimiq).Big Navi should run in A-mode for ethash (default choice), not B-mode. Eth+zil mining: new pool strategy 'min_epoch' added for switching between plain eth and eth+zil pools. Ethash: Navi display gpus now using A-mode by default to prevent allocation issues. Navi gpus without a monitor attached will continue to default to B-mode. Statistics: now proper handling of negative temperatures)

Miners update:
- verthashminer-v0.6.2 (New miner for verthash mining on AMD and NVIDIA GPUs. Required newest SimpleMining image to work this miner. Miners start very slow because of generatig data file each time - be pacient. API stats will be available in nearest future)

Miners update:
- lolminer-v1.21 (Slightly improved performance zombie mode on Polaris on medium tune stages. Increased range of accepted zombie tune parameter for GPUs with high interconnect bandwidth. Slightly decreased GPU load of Polaris during DAG build. Added more control about handling cards that are detected to be non-working any more. Use parameter --watchdog off/exit/script to turn off any action, exit the miner with a specific exit code or to run an external script (Default is SimpleMining is use external script that reboot rig in case of any miner error). Nvidia cards that experienced a OpenCL driver error (e.g. "CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES" will now also trigger the watchdog with the configured effect. --ethstratum parameter can now take two options separated by a ',' to give different options in case the dual or split mining mode is used. The dns resolving and the connection attempt can now timeout (after 10 seconds each) and will re-try to connect afterwards. Each timeout event contributes to the counter that will trigger switching to fail-over pools. New option --apihost (default 0.0.0.0) which controls to which host address the api binds. Use 127.0.0.1 to restrict api access to only your computer, 0.0.0.0 is equivalent to everyone can access. Fixed issue that might cause rig drop to 0 hash rate on epoch changes - including changes with activated ZIL caching. Fixed the pool hash rate reporting not working correctly in dual & split stratum modes. Fixed the dual stratum connection not picking up the correct worker name when --worker is used)

Miners update:
- lolminer-v1.22 (Significantly improved the performance of zombie mode on RX 400 and RX 500 GPUs, especially for low zombie tune values between 0 and 4 and rather high epochs. Performance increases by 7-11% on epoch 393 (--4g-alloc-size 4080 on a RX 580. 4G) and 15-20% on epoch 400. Re-tuning using the auto-tune is recommended. Also this version might draw a bit more power, but with approximately same total efficiency)
- srbminer-multi-v0.6.5 (Huge performance increase on autolykos2 algo up to ~600%)

Activity: 729
Merit: 513

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

This is pretty cool, thinking to use this OS for my first rig.

Does this provide better/same hashrate as Win10, but without all the Windows system adjustments you need to make?

It will provide about the same hashrate, however i do find nvidia to tweakable better with MSI afterburner, becuase of voltage lock. With amd 5600XT you get all controls included voltage. Be aware that mixed rigs are not supported.

Pages:
Jump to: