Pages:
Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 36. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
This is pretty cool, thinking to use this OS for my first rig.

Does this provide better/same hashrate as Win10, but without all the Windows system adjustments you need to make?
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
Does anyone know how Fan control work for RTX 3070?

Are there any command? Sliders does not work.
Activity: 690
Merit: 12
Miners update:
- xmrig-v6.8.0 (Added information about memory modules on the miner startup and for online benchmark. New command line option --no-dmi. Improved MSR subsystem code quality. RandomX JIT x86: removed unnecessary instructions)

Miners update:
- gminer-v2.43 (Improved compatibility with Ethash pools (shardpool.io). Improved handling of device freezing. Improved auto-tuning. Added two kernels for Ethash, miner support 5 kernels for Nvidia GPUs, miner automatically select optimal kernel, also you can select specific kernel by --oc parameter)

Miners update:
- gminer-v2.44 (Fixed compatibility issues with ezil.me pool when no rig name passed - bug appeared in v2.43)

Update v1302:
- Fixed all AMD Navi21 GPUs identification (6800/6800XT/6900XT)
- Improved fan control for AMD GPUs

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
Miners update:
- teamredminer-v0.8.0 (Ethash: VII kernel rewrite and new C-mode with boost feature. Ethash: Navi kernel slight optimization and new B-mode for lower core clock and power. Ethash: Vega kernel rewrite and new B-mode for lower core clock and power. Ethash: Polaris kernel rewrite and new B-mode for slightly higher perf. Ethash: added share processing timeout and default for Binance pool. Kawpow: now mining ok at MiningPoolHub even though their seedhash is broken. Fan control: added min/max fan speed range. General: added argument to turn off duplicate pci bus id filtering)

will you be implementing "a driver that allows large allocations" for trm 0.8.0 so that eth can be run in B mode on navi cards?

thanks

Flash your USB sticks or SSD with the latest image containing amd 20.30 drivers and Navi cards will run in B mode.
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
Miners update:
- teamredminer-v0.8.0 (Ethash: VII kernel rewrite and new C-mode with boost feature. Ethash: Navi kernel slight optimization and new B-mode for lower core clock and power. Ethash: Vega kernel rewrite and new B-mode for lower core clock and power. Ethash: Polaris kernel rewrite and new B-mode for slightly higher perf. Ethash: added share processing timeout and default for Binance pool. Kawpow: now mining ok at MiningPoolHub even though their seedhash is broken. Fan control: added min/max fan speed range. General: added argument to turn off duplicate pci bus id filtering)

will you be implementing "a driver that allows large allocations" for trm 0.8.0 so that eth can be run in B mode on navi cards?

thanks
Miners update:
- lolminer-v1.20 (Significantly improved Ethash mining speed on R9 390 and Etchash speed on R9 290. Added new split & dual mining options. Fixed bug with 4G cards crash on mining ETC when trying to falsely enter zombie-tune. Fixed R9 380 cards not start mining Beam. Fixed "Address already in use" bug)

Miners update:
- phoenixminer-v5.5c-rc (Next release candidate version. New -mcdag parameter to reset the memory overclock on Nvidia cards during DAG generation. This may allow you to set higher memory overclock on your Nvidia cards without risking corrupt DAG buffer, which can lead to excessive number of incorrect shares. Use -mcdag 1 (by default the value is 0, which means turned off) to use this new feature. The -tt parameter is now strictly for controlling the fan behavior. New -hwm parameter that allows controlling the frequency of the hardware monitoring, which was also done by -tt in the previous versions of PhoenixMiner. Other small improvements and fixes)

Update v1301:
- Improved GPU memory temperature handling in fancontrol, especially for Vega/Navi GPUs
- Fixed console not updated in first minute rig startup under some conditions
- Updated GPU stats with AMD RX 6900 XT definition

Activity: 952
Merit: 156
KOL Manager and CriptoGemas CEO
Hello guys, I've been mining ethereum since 2017 and I am still doing that, thanks to simplemining but since I have no time to make a deep research, I have noticed that my 4Gb GPUs are mining now around 20MH/s each GPU. They are Saphire Radeon 4Gb RX570, they were mining 30Mh/s. I have other rigs with 8Gb GPU cards and everything goes well. I am almost 100% sure about  it is the 4Gb stuff the reason why they are mining now that but I´d like to know if there is any option to bring them back again to the 30 Mh/s. Thanks in advance guys and keep the good work coming.

There is nothing you can do about hashrate with 4gb cards and ethereum.
This is due to fact that dag size in eth exceeds 4gb file and it is no longer fully loaded into card. Therefore gpu hashes slower and slower every new dag(every 4 days).

At some point you could switch your gpu to etc as etc had hardfork which allows 4gb cards to hash with full speed but it is much less profitable so you need to make calculations. Beside that there is possibility to mine raven.
Please do every few days calculations using whattomine.com to see when it will be profitable to switch from eth to something else on those 4gb cards.

Ok, thanks for the quick response. I supposed that but since it is only one rig with this issue, I didn't pay much attention on it. I am gonna calculate what you said on whattomine.com, thanks for the tips and I´ll check 'raven' coin, I didnt know anything about them.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hello guys, I've been mining ethereum since 2017 and I am still doing that, thanks to simplemining but since I have no time to make a deep research, I have noticed that my 4Gb GPUs are mining now around 20MH/s each GPU. They are Saphire Radeon 4Gb RX570, they were mining 30Mh/s. I have other rigs with 8Gb GPU cards and everything goes well. I am almost 100% sure about  it is the 4Gb stuff the reason why they are mining now that but I´d like to know if there is any option to bring them back again to the 30 Mh/s. Thanks in advance guys and keep the good work coming.

There is nothing you can do about hashrate with 4gb cards and ethereum.
This is due to fact that dag size in eth exceeds 4gb file and it is no longer fully loaded into card. Therefore gpu hashes slower and slower every new dag(every 4 days).

At some point you could switch your gpu to etc as etc had hardfork which allows 4gb cards to hash with full speed but it is much less profitable so you need to make calculations. Beside that there is possibility to mine raven.
Please do every few days calculations using whattomine.com to see when it will be profitable to switch from eth to something else on those 4gb cards.
Activity: 952
Merit: 156
KOL Manager and CriptoGemas CEO
Hello guys, I've been mining ethereum since 2017 and I am still doing that, thanks to simplemining but since I have no time to make a deep research, I have noticed that my 4Gb GPUs are mining now around 20MH/s each GPU. They are Saphire Radeon 4Gb RX570, they were mining 30Mh/s. I have other rigs with 8Gb GPU cards and everything goes well. I am almost 100% sure about it is the 4Gb stuff, the main reason why they are mining 20 Mh/s but I´d like to know if there is any option to bring them back again to the 30 Mh/s. Thanks in advance guys and keep the good work coming.
Miners update:
- gminer-v2.40-cuda9.2 (Performance improvements for KAWPOW. Improved compatibility with Ravencoin pools. Added option to control DAG buffering mode (single or dual, --dag_mode). Added option to support "Zombie Mode" for Ethash, Etchash and KAWPOW --dag_limit. Improved detection of freezing AMD GPUs. Fixed display of core and memory clocks. Display GPU PCI index on miner startup. Removed sero, vprogpow, progpowz, cuckarood29, cuckarood29v)
- lolminer-v1.18 (Improved zombie mode power draw & speed Polaris GPUs (R9 380, RX Fury, RX 4x0 and RX 5x0). Zombie mode now uses 0.5 to 1W less energy and is 0.2 to 0.4 mh/s faster. Added --zombie-tune parameter for Polaris - increase the performance of zombie mode by an other 5-15%, depending on parameter and epoch. Parameter --4g-alloc-size can now also be set for each card individually. Slight rework of Beam Hash III back end. Improves poolside hash rate by approx 0.2 to 0.3% - displayed hashrate and power consume kept equal. Fixed segmentation fault when the dns resolve of a pool fails. Fixed miner does not restart after connection loss. Applied potential fix for "address or port already in use" bug)

Miners update:
- gminer-v2.41 (Changed default --dag_mode values for polular AMD GPUs. Display valid/stale/invalid shares for Ethash/Etchash and KAWPOW algorithms when solution check on CPU enabled. Display warning when AMD compute mode is disabled)

Miners update:
- t-rex-v0.19.7 (Ethash, octopus, kawpow -  improve stability for 30xx GPUs. Ethash - verify overclock stability after DAG rebuild. Add --gpu-report-interval-s parameter to control hashrate summary report frequency based on the number of share submissions. Watchdog - display a list of GPUs caused miner restart with GPU is idle error. Fixed x21s incorrect size of extranonce2 error. Fixed incorrect GPU index in share submission report when --pci-indexing mode is enabled)

Miners update:
- lolminer-v1.19 (Fixed not mining ETC correctly. Reverted some internal parameters that might cause instability of 1.18. Added automatic tuning mode for --zombie-tune. Ethash stratum connection will now reconnect after three pool rejected shares in a row that did pass own CPU verify before)
- nbminer-nebutech-v36.1 (Octopus Lower power comsumption for 20/30 series Nvidia, improve hashrate 2% on 16 series Nvidia GPU.  Ethash slightly reduce stale ratio. A random crash bug fix, improve overall stability. Add detail datetime & cpu usage in summary log. If Ethash DAG verification failed, display corresponding GPU name in red in summary)
- cryptodredge-v0.26.0 (Add KawPow and Chukwa-v2 algos. Fix MTP issue related to "invalid device symbol". Support NVIDIA Ampere RTX 30XX. Add --temperature-limit and --temperature-start options. Add off flag to Nimiq optimizer --optimizer off. Avoid c-ares dependency on libnsl. Remove no longer supported algorithms. Version 0.26.0 is available only as CUDA 11.2 compatible binary package. SimpleMining will release in few days new image with CUDA 11.2 libraries)

Miners update:
- nanominer-v3.1.5 (Updated AMD Navi GPU Ethash kernels, new performance tuning applied. AMD Radeon VII and Navi GPUs now have temperature, power and fan reported)
- srbminer-multi-v0.6.3 (Added algorithm phi5. Fixed cn/xhv, now it works on coins other than Haven)
- xmrig-v6.7.1 (Fixed log initialization. Added hashrate in the benchmark finished message. AstroBWT OpenCL fixes. RandomX x86 JIT: removed redundant CFROUND)

Miners update:
- phoenixminer-v5.5b (Beta release. Added native kernels for AMD RX 6800/6900 - faster than generic and produce less stale shares. Updated kernels for Polaris/Vega/Navi - faster and less power mining ETH. New kernels require SimpleMining image with 20.10+ drivers. Added support for AMD Linux drivers 20.45 but use this drivers only with AMD RX 6800/6900 (will not work with Vega/Navi !!!). Automatically set -ttli instead of -tmax when later is not supported by the driver - will throttle down the GPUs when they reach the specified temperature to avoid overheating)

Update v1300:
- Added CUDA 11.2 definition
- Added API stats per GPU for CryptoDredge
- Fixed AMD RX 6800 zero fan value reading (need rig restart for activate this fix)

Miners update:
- gminer-v2.42-cuda9.2 (Fixed performance regression for Ethash/Etchash on Nvidia mining cards. Added auto-tune for Ethash/Etchash on Nvidia, auto select fastest kernel, you can select specific kernel manually by using --oc. Added display of shares per minute. Added option to control hashrate --report_interval. Removed cuckarooz29 algorithm)

Miners update:
- bminer-v16.4.5 (Fix compatibility issues with Etherum mining pools)

Miners update:
- xmrig-v6.7.2 (Fixed solo mining)

Miners update:

Miners update:
- t-rex-v0.19.9 (Add ability to execute custom scripts upon certain events with new parameters: --script-start --script-epoch-change --script-crash --script-low-hash. Ethash, kawpow, octopus: add --dag-build-mode to fine tune DAG build mode. Allow non-existent GPU indices passed in to --devices / -d parameter: miner will display warning message but will continue mining using the GPUs it could find. Improve error descriptions, display block number when mining solo at some pools (2miners). Fixed ethash, kawpow, octopus stability regression for Pascal GPUs. Fixed mining pool difficulty is not always updated in the summary report)

Activity: 142
Hello again!

I have a problem with my new rig: 3 x Asus RX470 Mining, 2 x Sapphire RX570 Pulse
Asus cards are going to zero rpm fan mode and after reaching target temperature roaring to 80 - 100%, thats very noisy!
Sapphire cards are at 23 - 26% fan speed below 70C, almost no noise.

How to disable 0 rpm mode and force a minimum fan speed to those Asus cards??
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
tymeksm or anyone else:

Does anyone know the optimal setting to mine Ethereum on these 3 cards on SimpleMining?

Geforce 1080
Geforce 1080 Ti
Geforce 2080 Ti

The calculator software on some websites say my hashrate should be higher than the one I have. Thanks

Unfortunately there’s a hardware issue with 1080tis and most older nvidia cards. As the DAG grows over time the hashrate drops. My 1080tis used to get 54mh, now they get around 44. So my guess is you’re seeing older numbers on those calculators.

For 1080ti I use +100->+125 core (depends on the card), Memory +600, PL 210W. I get between 48-50 Mhs. In the past with PL 190W I got the same hashrate, but with the DAG increase you have to adjust from time to time the PL if you want the same hashrate.
Miners update:
- bminer-v16.4.4 (Fix compatiblity issues with ETH pools that use the ethproxy)
- wildrig-multi-v0.28.3 (added algo phi5)
Activity: 55
tymeksm or anyone else:

Does anyone know the optimal setting to mine Ethereum on these 3 cards on SimpleMining?

Geforce 1080
Geforce 1080 Ti
Geforce 2080 Ti

The calculator software on some websites say my hashrate should be higher than the one I have. Thanks

Unfortunately there’s a hardware issue with 1080tis and most older nvidia cards. As the DAG grows over time the hashrate drops. My 1080tis used to get 54mh, now they get around 44. So my guess is you’re seeing older numbers on those calculators.
Activity: 31
tymeksm or anyone else:

Geforce 1080
Geforce 1080 Ti
Geforce 2080 Ti

Miners update:
- bminer-v16.4.3 (Fix bugs with high rejection rates in AMD Ethereum)
- sgminer-fancyIX-v0.7.2 (added optimized neoscrypt bin kernel - 35% faster. Fixed global offset bug in yescrypt)
- srbminer-multi-v0.6.2
Activity: 788
Merit: 100
Waiting for updates BMiner 16.4.3
Fix rejected shares for ETH AMD Solvers
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
I'm pretty sure this isn't possible - but can phoenixminer/TREX/etc be configured to run multiple algorithms (ie: ETH on 8GB cards and KAWPOW on 3GB cards)?

Alternatively, can SimpleMining.net run 2 separate processes on the rig?
Miners update:
- teamredminer-v0.7.22 (Ethash: Kernel rewrite for Navi - more stable and less power. Slightly reworked init procedure again to address some rigs running better on <= 0.7.18 than >= 0.7.19. Added Claymore compatible API --cm_api_listen)
- gminer-v2.37 (Fixed bug with --proto stratum for ethash mining in v2.36. Fixed mining on kawpow with intensity. Lowered fee on kawpow to 1%)

Miners update:
- nbminer-nebutech-v36.0 (Fix kawpow crash on some GPUs in versions 35.x. Deleted algo: eaglesong, eaglesong_ethash, trb, trb_ethash, hns, hns_ethash, sipc, cuckaroo, cuckaroo_swap. 3 times smaller binary size)
- srbminer-multi-v0.6.1 (cryptonight_xhv kernel small changes, pool side hashrate should be a little higher. Auto setup for cryptonight_xhv is a little more agressive now - if you experience some issues, use --gpu-auto-intensity 1 for lighter settings. Removed parameter --gpu-worksize)

Miners update:
- gminer-v2.39 (Added kernel auto-tuning for kawpow - improves hashrate up to 4% on some cards. Fixed AMD cards detection under linux)

Activity: 703
Merit: 272
TRM v0.7.22 any time soon?
Pages:
Jump to: