Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 412. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
FLASHING TUTORIAL Tongue To flash its important to do following:
- ssh as user "miner" and execute: screen -x miner  .... and then press ctrl+c few times until whole screen exits.
- go to root writing sudo su
- execute command: dmesg -c - this will clear system log - this is where my syftoware watchdog is looking for some critical erros, if it finds them it execute reboot command.
- go to atiflash directory and
atiflash -p 0 custom_bios.rom
atiflash -p 1 custom_bios.rom
etc

By "atiflash directory" you mean "utils" directory?
How do i transfer my custom_bios.rom to utils folder?
Activity: 8
BTW, 2$/Month per Rig is a gift. Tytanick, you are the MAAAAN Smiley
absolutely !!!
Activity: 21
Dear Tytanick,

i just wanna shout out a f***in big THANK YOU.

I started with Mining a month ago, started with mining FTC. But then, i decided to try to jump on the ETH-train with a 6 GPU-Rig.
I have learned a lot about Mining with Windows, Mining with different Miners setup by myself on Linux.

Then i tried SMOS. And i LOVE it.

No Downtimes, Crashes etc. for nearly a month. I fired up a second 6 GPU-Rig six days ago, and it's running. And running. And running, like a Duracell-Bunny.

Tomorrow i'm gonna build a third Rig with 7 GPU's, based on a MSI Z97 Gaming 7. I will report how it works.

BTW, 2$/Month per Rig is a gift. Tytanick, you are the MAAAAN Smiley
Activity: 8
Hello, i wanted to say thank your for your work, everything working good and stable.....and i have a question about overlocking, try to change settings and nothing happend....am i understand rightly that this funktions not working with NVidia yet?
Activity: 45
Also while first booting up, it retries five time to connect to server, will that be a issue?
Read one post up Tongue

Yep got it.

I realize I might have put in incorrect parameters for the Claymore miner to overclock/control those cards, I'll remove all those parameters and reboot later to see how it goes.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Also while first booting up, it retries five time to connect to server, will that be a issue?
Read one post up Tongue
Activity: 45
Hi Admin,

Thanks for the great work!

Just tried it on my new rig building, it's
Asrock X58 Extreme, with three RX 480 8GB, BIOS Strip mode 1725 timing copied to 2000

However it seems with simlemining os, one of the card is showing as faulty and constantly crashing restarting the miner.

Here's photo showing the fault problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sokgo0759uboxo/1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2ztre8e6oqowol/2.jpg?dl=0

however they do work fine under Windows.

Back to windows for now.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
MAINTENECE UPDATE
Today 2017-06-19 between 10-11 GMT time - dashboard will be unavailable due to planned maintenece !!!

It should start in less than an hour.
I will write more info soon.
UPDATE 1:
10:30 GMT time - the maintenece started.
UPDATE 2:
10:34 GMT time - Service is ONLINE again, i am waiting for information from OVH Datacenter about if maintenece is completed or not becasue it was too fast Tongue
Activity: 4
I was trying to start mining with SM, but I see only cursor blinking just after bios starting...
MOBO is 990FXA GD65, 6 x rx 570.
Trying also Ethos and everything working fine...
Any ideas?

Hi,

I started my mining adventure with GA-990FXA-D3 few weeks ago from beginning I'm using SMOS (thank you tytanick!) and i tried to force it to run with 6 cards but with no success Sad Week ago i bought another GA-990FXA-D3 but with second board i was unable to start more than 4 cards... after comparing this two setups I find out that older board has F8 BIOS and this newer is F9a so i flashed F8. After restart still only 4 cards was working but i saw lots of errors that didn't appear before after some time i figure out that key option that allow start with 5 cards is enabling "Spread Spectrum".

So with 6 cards i have exactly same issue on 2 rigs and it will be great if i will be able to run 2 cards that right now are mining only dust on the shelf. I also have PCIe SSD with windows that i used to re-flash cards and widows started up with 5 cards and SSD (all PCIe slots occupied) but when i tried boot SMOS i had same issue like with 6 cards.

PS. I`m using gigabyte rx480 :
ETH: GPU0 28.738 Mh/s, GPU1 28.728 Mh/s, GPU2 28.753 Mh/s, GPU3 28.747 Mh/s, GPU4 28.747 Mh/s
GPU0 t=73C fan=100%, GPU1 t=69C fan=100%, GPU2 t=74C fan=100%, GPU3 t=74C fan=100%, GPU4 t=74C fan=100%

ETH: GPU0 28.752 Mh/s, GPU1 28.735 Mh/s, GPU2 20.708 Mh/s, GPU3 29.121 Mh/s, GPU4 28.746 Mh/s
GPU0 t=71C fan=100%, GPU1 t=75C fan=100%, GPU2 t=67C fan=81%, GPU3 t=70C fan=81%, GPU4 t=71C fan=88%
Activity: 382
Merit: 251
My rig stops mining dual coin but keeps digging ETH after some random time. It is sometimes a day but sometimes an hour.

It says it can not resolve "sia.pool.that.I.am.using" and does not get new job from sia pool. So far I tried siamining and nanopool.

This happened both when rig is connected to modem with ethernet cable and/or when connected to a wireless repeater with a cable which itself is connected to modem wirelessly.

BTW, when this happens rig seems offline on the dashboard.

When I restrat then it throws some errors as it can not find required voltage in voltage table and amd gpu pro driver and powerplay errors.
It runs on the next restart wen I physically cut and restore power?

Any ideas? Is it because of bios mods on the gpus?

If this keeps happening I plan to switch Windows. It is a 5 RX 570 Rig. I read 6 gpu is kinda problematic in Windows but 5 GPU can run.

But I appreciate SMOS and already deposited som ecredit to my account.
Activity: 5
Hi
I have a rig that has been working find for 48 hours, then it restarted a few times. Now it it gets to claymore it keeps on sayin no openCL, no AMD cards found. Anyone else have this issue?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Is there a way to tell which GPU is in which slot?  For instance, lets say I have a 5 card rig and GPU 3 is having issues.  If I want to physically pull GPU 3 and try it in another rig, how do I know which card is GPU 3?

When the miner is running, you can press a number (0 - 9) to turn a card off or on. I just watch the fans, and start with 0, then 1, etc...

Thanks SealTx.  That'll help me track down GPUs.  Unfortunately I noticed the fan still runs after mining is disabled, but it does slow down so hopefully I can pick out the GPU when needed.

Thanks tytanick.  I assumed that would be the case/numbering scheme, but you know what they say when you assume.

I have a small hand held Infrared temp gun, if you can disable one card at a time you can easily see which one is cold with the IR Temp gun. The Pic that Tytanick posted is just not the case, I don't know why but Win10/Linux just randomly seems to assign the GPU #s to random cards. Almost all my rigs have two cards that are side by side on the PCIE port but they will be #2 and #6 or #1 and #5. Not sure why but disable one at time and check the temp, I've had a few cards not take the BIOS mod and used this method to determine which one is which.

Good idea.  I may have to pick up a cheap IR temp gun.  That would also come in handy if one of the GPUs isn't showing up on the rig.  That would make it much easier to figure out which one isn't showing up/mining.

https://www.harborfreight.com/Non-Contact-Infrared-Thermometer-With-Laser-Targeting-69465.html

Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17991126
Activity: 18
Is there a way to tell which GPU is in which slot?  For instance, lets say I have a 5 card rig and GPU 3 is having issues.  If I want to physically pull GPU 3 and try it in another rig, how do I know which card is GPU 3?

When the miner is running, you can press a number (0 - 9) to turn a card off or on. I just watch the fans, and start with 0, then 1, etc...

Thanks SealTx.  That'll help me track down GPUs.  Unfortunately I noticed the fan still runs after mining is disabled, but it does slow down so hopefully I can pick out the GPU when needed.

Thanks tytanick.  I assumed that would be the case/numbering scheme, but you know what they say when you assume.

I have a small hand held Infrared temp gun, if you can disable one card at a time you can easily see which one is cold with the IR Temp gun. The Pic that Tytanick posted is just not the case, I don't know why but Win10/Linux just randomly seems to assign the GPU #s to random cards. Almost all my rigs have two cards that are side by side on the PCIE port but they will be #2 and #6 or #1 and #5. Not sure why but disable one at time and check the temp, I've had a few cards not take the BIOS mod and used this method to determine which one is which.

Good idea.  I may have to pick up a cheap IR temp gun.  That would also come in handy if one of the GPUs isn't showing up on the rig.  That would make it much easier to figure out which one isn't showing up/mining.

https://www.harborfreight.com/Non-Contact-Infrared-Thermometer-With-Laser-Targeting-69465.html

Smiley
Activity: 37

Is there a way to tell which GPU is in which slot?  For instance, lets say I have a 5 card rig and GPU 3 is having issues.  If I want to physically pull GPU 3 and try it in another rig, how do I know which card is GPU 3?

Thanks SealTx.  That'll help me track down GPUs.  Unfortunately I noticed the fan still runs after mining is disabled, but it does slow down so hopefully I can pick out the GPU when needed.

Thanks tytanick.  I assumed that would be the case/numbering scheme, but you know what they say when you assume.

That is great power usage.

I am wondering why we cannot change the power limit in a similar way we do on the nvidia rigs as on the amd rigs? I also am drawing 950-1000 watts for  6 x 570 4gb rigs and would love to bring that power consumption down so I can add more rigs in my basement XD

My 6 cards(AMD) are doing 800-900w range at the wall under 1000w on my 7 card AMD rigs. Have you tried 1050/2000 @ setting #2? That seems to be the lowest voltage for me, for some reason setting 1 pulls a very small amount more power 10-15w for the whole rig. 1050-->1100 is like 50-75w whole rig. Also I'm running 7th gen pentiums or 7th gen celerons, I think this saves a few watts, still 7 risers and cards under 1000w should be possible.
Activity: 701
Merit: 500
I was trying to start mining with SM, but I see only cursor blinking just after bios starting...
MOBO is 990FXA GD65, 6 x rx 570.
Trying also Ethos and everything working fine...
Any ideas?
Activity: 3
Are there logs for each mining session?

For example, if the rig turns off or restarts, are there logs for us to review and see why it restarted?

My rigs restart often and I'm wondering if it's because I am over heating or not.

Thanks!
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Does the min fan speed OR temperature settings work for anybody in the Alpha Nvidia image? 

My nvidia rig runs at like 84C and the fans are just chilling at a comfy 30%. The fans just won't crank up no matter what settings I put in smOS.

Just want to know if it's just me or something inherent with this alpha version?

Btw, great job Tytanick. People love your software. Some kids just learned that kicking and screaming is how you get what they want. You're right though, 99% of us agree that $2 a month is reasonable. 
It would be even MORE reasonable if we didn't have to pay 1% to Claymore and then another 1% to a pool. But I realize implementing another miner would probably be a huge undertaking for you right now.
Keep up the good work.
In nvidia alpha, only thing that works is power limit (value 70-150 written into core field )
Nothing else Smiley
So fan speed isnt working and isnt managed by my scripts. Its is managed by nvidia gpu itself.
Wait for stable release.
Activity: 15
Does the min fan speed OR temperature settings work for anybody in the Alpha Nvidia image? 

My nvidia rig runs at like 84C and the fans are just chilling at a comfy 30%. The fans just won't crank up no matter what settings I put in smOS.

Just want to know if it's just me or something inherent with this alpha version?

Btw, great job Tytanick. People love your software. Some kids just learned that kicking and screaming is how you get what they want. You're right though, 99% of us agree that $2 a month is reasonable. 
It would be even MORE reasonable if we didn't have to pay 1% to Claymore and then another 1% to a pool. But I realize implementing another miner would probably be a huge undertaking for you right now.
Keep up the good work.
Jump to: