Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 463. (Read 835481 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Dumb question:

I have 2 x MSI 480 8GB X graphics cards, getting around 24 mh/s out the box. Wanting to overclock to get closer to 29 mh/s. I presume I do this via the overclock settings in simple mining rather than on my windows dual boot?

I changed the core on simplemining to 1095 and the memory to 2000 and saw no increase in hash-rate...
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
If we will pay for your OS, can you add function to change pool, coins for each rig on one mail account?

Tytanick say:
Rig grouping feature is closer and closer, Now after i implemented new dashboard wit totally rewriten engine i will be able to make grouping.
So hold on. Its next on the list !
Activity: 26
If we will pay for your OS, can you add function to change pool, coins for each rig on one mail account?
Activity: 26
Thanks to Soothaa continuing after I gave up. I can now run 7 570s on my 170a boards!

Anyhow, I've been carefully watching my power usage due to having to make sure I'm balancing the load of my machines across circuits. I'm not doing anything with the bios tuning to try and lower my power but I do set all them to power stage 4. With that, a 7 gpu rig runs under 1000w at the wall or just under 9 amps.
I have $7k invested in this, I wasn't about to give up! Tongue

Yeah balancing is a bitch isn't it?

With multiple jobs tugging at my time and a significant adversion to downtime, I just couldn't afford the extra time needed to continue tuning.  I had so many GPUs come in that I didn't have a test bench anymore! With 5 z87 boards maxed out at 7 cards each that were super stable, I was just going to see if I could find a few more. Thanks again, you've given me the added problem of having to find a few more gpus in order to max out my z170a boards!

Now, if I could only get risers to stop dying on me.  Between some junky new USB risers and the old ones I have from 2013, it seems like anytime I have to move or reboot a system, there's a riser issue. I've been meaning to say something for a bit but I wanted to give a shout out to the guys from Miningparts. I just bought a bunch of new risers from them and they're my go to when a gpu starts acting flakey.

One last thing for all the guys asking about power, I was trying to understand the difference between what the cards were using versus what I measured at the socket(efficiency) when I found this great resource for power supply sizing:

http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

I've been buying 1200s for my 7 GPU systems but this is saying a 1k should be sufficient.  That jives with what I've been measuring at the wall on my maxed out rx470 systems so I'm trialing a couple evga G3 1k power supplies.  If that works out, it'll save me about $100 per new build.

Activity: 13
how can i connect to internet on simplemining os ?
i am using mobile modem or wifi
Activity: 15
Does anyone have any input on why core clock would stick at 751 ONLY when dual mining?  (it works but hash rate is 2/3 of what it should be for eth and DCR)  I have running fine on another rig with different mobo and video cards.  The problem board is Asus h170 Pro gaming with rx470 visionteks  4gb ram.  It will hash eth just fine solo, and I had it working when I was running win 10, dual mining, however with windows 10 I could only run 4 cards.  Even dropping down to four cards with simpleminer I am not able to effectively dual mine, hashes at 13-14 eth and around 400 dcr. 

I have tried setting core clock to 1100 in oc tool with 1750 ram, no change.  I have used both beta drivers when they were available before update, no change.    I currently have pci speed in bios at gen 2, g6 enabled.  Cant think of any of bios settings to try but I am totally open to any input, issue is driving me crazy.  I suspect it could be a driver issue.  I have try powerstate at 7 and 4.  I can set core clcok less than 751, but it will not exceed that.  When i mine eth solo it will adjust to my settings.   My other rig functions perfectly fine, however I can not dual mine effectively with a core clock of 751. 

ETH: GPU0 13.151 Mh/s, GPU1 13.027 Mh/s, GPU2 13.126 Mh/s, GPU3 13.129 Mh/s
DCR - Total Speed: 1573.013 Mh/s, Total Shares: 20, Rejected: 0
DCR: GPU0 394.527 Mh/s, GPU1 390.819 Mh/s, GPU2 393.789 Mh/s, GPU3 393.878 Mh/s
ETH: 05/15/17-05:49:10 - New job from eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008
ETH - Total Speed: 54.473 Mh/s, Total Shares: 15, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:05

I've been at this for days, any suggestions are very welcome. 

bios settings: 4g encoding enabled, DMI/OPI Config & Peg port on auto, disabled audio, integrated gpu as default

I do have 4g encoding enabled, disabled audio, dmi opi auto, and using on board video as default.  PEG is set to 2nd gen as I have issues when its on auto/gen 1 or gen 3 but I will play with it more.  For now I have registered this rig under different email and solo mine eth as grouping is not implemented yet. 
Activity: 63
Does anyone have any input on why core clock would stick at 751 ONLY when dual mining?  (it works but hash rate is 2/3 of what it should be for eth and DCR)  I have running fine on another rig with different mobo and video cards.  The problem board is Asus h170 Pro gaming with rx470 visionteks  4gb ram.  It will hash eth just fine solo, and I had it working when I was running win 10, dual mining, however with windows 10 I could only run 4 cards.  Even dropping down to four cards with simpleminer I am not able to effectively dual mine, hashes at 13-14 eth and around 400 dcr. 

I have tried setting core clock to 1100 in oc tool with 1750 ram, no change.  I have used both beta drivers when they were available before update, no change.    I currently have pci speed in bios at gen 2, g6 enabled.  Cant think of any of bios settings to try but I am totally open to any input, issue is driving me crazy.  I suspect it could be a driver issue.  I have try powerstate at 7 and 4.  I can set core clcok less than 751, but it will not exceed that.  When i mine eth solo it will adjust to my settings.   My other rig functions perfectly fine, however I can not dual mine effectively with a core clock of 751. 

bios settings: 4g encoding enabled, DMI/OPI Config & Peg port on auto, disabled audio, integrated gpu as default
to Tytanick
When update for grouping rigs?
It's very inconvenient to change accounts.

Error with info data 9GPU+
Cant't overclock GPU11 - only bios mod.

http://joxi.ru/Y2Lkv0NS9OG40m

fee pay https://www.coinpayments.net/index.php?cmd=status&id=CPBE2MRRMSFSYHMLUVZLE2PT6S&key=5a008aba4b13cff6730af5902b020490

many gpus, do you use pcie usb 1 to 3 i think, what mobo do you use?
And about power consume cause you have 470 / 480 rigs with same number what is watt ratio?
atm my rigs are 8x480 (245mhs) with 1150 watt at wall, i think you have heat problem cause my hotest gpu is 55° couldest 45° (24° ambient) my rigs no extra fans installed

ASUS PRIME Z270-P
use 3*1->3
its just only number - ~2000watt from wall
no have extra fans - in room with 39GPU 25-32°C
Activity: 72
Because of this https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/linux-graphics-x-org-drivers/amd-linux/918649-underclocking-undervolting-the-rx-470-with-amdgpu-pro-success
I can't compile the kernel the file is missing with 4.9 seems to work. Do you have any idea why the undervolted bios dose't work?
You need bios with added offset. Its working then.

The offset have to be added with hex editor, right?

Rig grouping feature is closer and closer, Now after i implemented new dashboard wit totally rewriten engine i will be able to make grouping.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
to Tytanick

fee pay https://www.coinpayments.net/index.php?cmd=status&id=CPBE2MRRMSFSYHMLUVZLE2PT6S&key=5a008aba4b13cff6730af5902b020490

many gpus, do you use pcie usb 1 to 3 i think, what mobo do you use?
And about power consume cause you have 470 / 480 rigs with same number what is watt ratio?
atm my rigs are 8x480 (245mhs) with 1150 watt at wall, i think you have heat problem cause my hotest gpu is 55° couldest 45° (24° ambient) my rigs no extra fans installed
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Because of this https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/linux-graphics-x-org-drivers/amd-linux/918649-underclocking-undervolting-the-rx-470-with-amdgpu-pro-success
I can't compile the kernel the file is missing with 4.9 seems to work. Do you have any idea why the undervolted bios dose't work?
You need bios with added offset. Its working then.

Hi Tytanick,

do you have an image with kernel 4.9?
No i dont, why you asking ?

to Tytanick

Activity: 59
how i set a miner for each RIG ?

Separated.

example

Rig 01 - Eth+DCR
Rig 02 - Equihash

-------

How i disable overclock ?

I have bios modded yet, but when i set clocks same bios mod, freeze and restarts my Rig.

-------
Tnx
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi Tytanick,

No i dont, why you asking ?
Activity: 15

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Thanks to Soothaa continuing after I gave up. I can now run 7 570s on my 170a boards!

Anyhow, I've been carefully watching my power usage due to having to make sure I'm balancing the load of my machines across circuits. I'm not doing anything with the bios tuning to try and lower my power but I do set all them to power stage 4. With that, a 7 gpu rig runs under 1000w at the wall or just under 9 amps.
I have $7k invested in this, I wasn't about to give up! Tongue

Yeah balancing is a bitch isn't it?
Hi Tytanick,

Activity: 116
Hey Tytanick, I think I found a small bug/potential QOL improvement.

I'm using the beta dashboard (idk if this makes a difference) and I found that in the overclock settings, if I input a new mem clock, and leave the core clock field blank, the OC fails to apply, and I receive a message saying I input a false clock value, and smos actually attributes the change to core, even though I filled out the mem clock field. This is easily worked around by just inputting the core value that the card is already set to into the core field, but feels redundant and un-intuitive.
Activity: 37
Wonderfull update @tytanick

it's working perfectly !

try claymore dualmining 9.3

Jump to: