Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 466. (Read 835472 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
thank you for all your hard work!!

I am having an issue I haven't seen anyone else have as I have read/scanned through this thread, and I have been messing with it all night. 

I have two rigs with 6 rx470's each,and thanks to simple miner os, I had them all mining at the same time.    However when I dual mine with claymore 9.3 eth+dcr my mhz on cards on one rig stay at 7xxmhz instead of the 1100 or so I have them at.  I believe this is why the hashrate is low on one rig when I dual mine.  The one having issues are visiontek 4gb 470s on an ASUS h170 progamer board. 

However I can use the eth miner just fine with the hashrate i'd expect for non-flashed/not overclocked cards.    Any input is welcome!

Didnt have an issue with cards in windows 10 however I have never had all of them working.  Thank you again!  btw I am happy to donate/pay fee for your excellent service/software! 
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
tytanick, thanks for the info and repair. I did not know it contained anything private, I already deleted it. Otherwise, this can be a frequent problem, I sent BTC immediately, within seconds, but confirmation takes several hours Sad
Btw, is there any reason why you blocked me for private messages?
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
The power play doesn't not work for me, any advice?

Best Regards
Yeah it works ionly with some gpus.
Custom bios with offset works always.
Activity: 9
The power play doesn't not work for me, any advice?

Best Regards
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
It's possible to not delete logs files from claymore?
I can't know why my rig reboot so many times ?

Have you tried shh?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
In future. I will try to figure this out.
Activity: 19
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Yeah i should compile it first then if it will work i can add it.
It needs ADL library to compile, not sure what version shoudl i use. I will look into it soon.

I added little more things to BETA Dashboard
Bolded things that i added on top of todays previous update.

Beta Dashboard UPDATE #2:
added deposit page where you can pay system fees with bitcoin/ethereum
different miner selection table with search ability
fixed dropdown menu not showing up
rigs table: added ability to hide columns and sort them

Try yourself Smiley - it will be very soon in production !
https://beta.simplemining.net
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Not exactly - but you're right, you can check if it IS an NCP81022, but I've seen cards mis-identify as CHL822x ALL the damn time.
It's also not that hard to properly parse VBIOSes - you just play "follow the pointer" repeatedly. Tongue

Well "follow the pointer" is easy part indeed. Putting it all together is harder, especially arrays.
I hate arrays in ATOMBIOS since every possible scheme for array serialization is used:
arrays with object/nonobject terminator, arrays with prepended lenght, arrays with prepended byte size and entry size,
arrays with with prepended byte size and implied size, arrays with omited lenght which should be calculated from other data etc.
Plus headers in some tables have variable length even for fixed table version.

If you write 'universal bios editor' for ATOMBIOS you encounter a lot things.

Nvidia bioses looks easier to parse even without docs.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Make sure to always save a stock copy backed up somewhere.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Tytanick - any chance in putting this tool in utility folder in next version of smOS? Thanks
I second this. The more tools the better!

on another note....

Is there a way to use the current atiflash tool in smOS to create a backup copy of GPU's current rom?

./atiflash -s 0 GPU_Slot_0.rom

excellent sootha - thanks
Tytanick - any chance in putting this tool in utility folder in next version of smOS? Thanks

on another note....

Is there a way to use the current atiflash tool in smOS to create a backup copy of GPU's current rom?

./atiflash -s 0 GPU_Slot_0.rom
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

on another note....

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

That's not - oops. I misread. YES, amdmeminfo will show you the VRAM type. I read VRM manufacturer >.>
Crud. Doesn't look like it supports the 500 series. Guess I can probably figure out what to do from the source though.

Use this one: https://github.com/sling00/amdmeminfo

Awesome, thanks. Hopefully digging through this code should help me in my quest for more info from the cards.

That's not - oops. I misread. YES, amdmeminfo will show you the VRAM type. I read VRM manufacturer >.>
Crud. Doesn't look like it supports the 500 series. Guess I can probably figure out what to do from the source though.
You guys sound like you know some decent in depth stuff so hopefully you can point me in the right direction with these two questions.

1) How can I determine the VRAM manufacturer in linux?
2) How can I uniquely identify GPUs in linux (serial number, some kinda permanent unique ID, anything)

1) You can't, not exactly. There's no public tool to do so.
2) There is the ASIC serial, but I'm not sure how to get it with any public tool.

The polarisbioseditor shows it as a value IE 0x6 is Samsung - or am I wrong about this?

Well I may to dig into that..

Jump to: