Pages:
Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 72. (Read 835515 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
just a simple question but one of the old rigs I have which I had not used in about a year is now giving old image error "your smos version is too old and can't upgrade itself"

is the only solution in this case to reflash the USB stick ? I haven't driven to that location and was thinking just switching it on to see if it updates by itself, but I"m getting this old version error offline at the moment...
You can leave it for 15-30 minutes and see if it will show up properly in dahsboard.
If not then reflashing is the only way.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1656
just a simple question but one of the old rigs I have which I had not used in about a year is now giving old image error "your smos version is too old and can't upgrade itself"

is the only solution in this case to reflash the USB stick ? I haven't driven to that location and was thinking just switching it on to see if it updates by itself, but I"m getting this old version error offline at the moment...
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- tt-miner-v3.0.10 (Fixes crash when switching from/to DevFee mining. TT didn't continue mining after DAG creation. Improved performance for ProgPoW algos. Auto detection of the max supported compute capability - no need to use -compute. Addresses a bug that reduces hashrate for PROGPOW. Addresses a crash that happened when epic changes algo to or from ProgPoW. Fixed interrupts the API connection. Added a watchdog for EPIC connection and reconnects if TT doesn’t receive any message for 120 seconds. Added new options for alternate coin)
- wildrig-multi-v0.19.2 ( Implemented x16rv2. Added support for Vega 11 - gfx902)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Dashboard Update
- ability to find rig in farm by using its PC speaker located under DetailedView->Find GPU button->Find whole rig button
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
I like the new graph, I don't really care about it's placement as much as I'd like not having to scroll on the detailed view...  Undecided
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Is there a way to flip the display 180 deg using the smos shell commands?

Yes, is very simple using just one command:
echo 2 | sudo tee /sys/class/graphics/fbcon/rotate
This will rotate 180 deg the text console. Console preview in dashboard will be still normal

echo 0 | sudo tee /sys/class/graphics/fbcon/rotate
This will revert back to normal (0 deg rotation)

Please notice that will work only to first reboot.
You can add this to startup script /root/utils/rclocal, but with nearest rig update with this file your changes will be overwritten with default.

Small hint is add custom cron script in /etc/cron.d/yourfile that will not be everwrite by our rig updates.

More info on:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/237963/how-do-i-rotate-my-display-when-not-using-an-x-server/452772
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- ccminer-zcoinofficial-djm34-v1.2.3-cuda10.0 (Correct an issue which may cause a crash on start or when the stratum_thread is restarted)
- z-enemy-v2.3-cuda10.0 (Performance improvement: +2-3% x16rv2 algo)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- phoenixminer-v4.7b (Reduced VRAM usage. Added support for QuarkChain (QKC) without DAG switching on devfee. Other small improvements and fixes)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Dashbaod Update:
- NEW big feature: statistics in rig details (hashrate, wattage, number of online and offline GPUs shown as one graph), hover or click on chart to see the legend. We will be also adding soon more statistics per whole user account and per each GPU in each rig.
- summary: added hashrate and wattage per group (max 3 groups are displayed)
- summary: removed average fanspeed and temp as it is not needed
- rigList: clicking you can change GroupOC setting by clicking directly on a group name
- user settings are now segregated in tabs instead of one page
- user settings: added timezone which will be used for date conversion
- clear filters action now also clears search box too
- Nvidia OC you can now remove OC values from fields and save OC
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- bminer-v15.8.7 (Improve Beam on RTX. Experimental support dual-mining Ethash and Eaglesong)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- nbminer-nebutech-v25.5 (Improved CKB on NVIDIA and AMD. Improve CKB+ETH on NVIDIA. Add support for mining SERO on AMD. Add a new option --platform to allow users to choose GPU platform. Fix a bug when mining CKB+ETH. Fix a compatibility issue in CKB stratum protocol)
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
tytanick,

Is there a way to flip the display 180 deg using the smos shell commands?

Thanks.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- cryptodredge-v0.22.0 (New X16RV2 algo. Fix Stratum issue related to "resource deadlock would occur". Fix API. Other minor fixes)
- nanominer-v1.6.0 (Added RandomHash2 algo for Pascal. DevFee increased from 3% to 5% for both RandomHash and RandomHash2 to support RandomHash2 development. Cuckarood29 faster up to 24% on AMD and Nvidia. Updated node protocol supported for QuarkChain. Wallet can now be set up in miner's configuration file, not only configured on node itself. Public full nodes are used by default)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- gminer-v1.67 (performance improvements for cuckarood29 - specially on RTX cards)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- tt-miner-v3.0.9 (Removed library depency to cuda 10.1 for ProgPoWZ and Ubiq. Shows information about the DAG size and the available memory. Fixes another bug with the device option: -d)
- z-enemy-v2.2 (Added x16rv2 algo for upcoming Ravencoin hardfor. Added support for secure stratum+ssl connections. New  --no-cert-verify key. Fixed phi2 bug on Cuda 10.1)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- teamredminer-v0.5.9 (Added x16rv2 for Ravencoin fork. Faster 8-10% x16r. Memory clock no longer as  important for x16r. Kernels split into multiple binaries to fix amd driver issues)
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
Crypto mining company | Mining pools
Miners update:
- t-rex-v0.14.4 (Add x16rv2 algorithm (upcoming RVN fork). Add auto-switch mining algorithm using --fork-at)

Good direction. it would enlarge Nvidia's GPU capacity of mining.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- t-rex-v0.14.4 (Add x16rv2 algorithm (upcoming RVN fork). Add auto-switch mining algorithm using --fork-at)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- gminer-v1.66 (10% faster cuckarood29)
- tt-miner-v3.0.6 (Autodetect cuda library version - no longer need to append -092/-100/-101 to algo. Faster start. Support EPIC/Progpow.  Added multi-mining alternate coin mode. New option -poolinfo.  Added new coins for the -coin command line option for improve the DAG handling and avoid double creations of the DAG)
Pages:
Jump to: