Pages:
Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 74. (Read 835515 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Rigs update v1252
- summary stats are now summing hash rate speed for 20 miner groups ( claymore-eth, phoenixminer, gminer, bminer, t-rex, ewbf, teamredminer, z-enemy, miniz, ethminer, xmrig-amd, nbminer-nebutech, cryptodredge, lolminer, xmr-stak, ravencoin-mine, nanominer
-improved miner restart with some problematic miners(t-rex)
-user-friendly message when no miner found on disk due to some network issues
-changed parser to API for miner ewbf. Add "--api" to miner options to see miner stats
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- phoenixminer-v4.6b (This is beta release. Added advanced hardware stats -hstats 2 for Nvidia and AMD. Added support for all new AMD Linux drivers up to the latest 19.30-855429. Other small improvements and fixes)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Maintenance in progress - we are fixing someting
Problem is now fixed.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Dashbaord Update
- NEW SUMMARY STATS: now you can easily check if some rigs have problem
In addition to that, you can now see sum of hashrate for rigs.
Summary statistics can be showed for ALL rigs or currently FILTERED.
Hover mouse on each value to see what is it for.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- nbminer-nebutech-v25.2 (Add CKB support on AMD. Bug fixes)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- ccminer-zcoinofficial-djm34-v1.2.2 (correct issues with solo mining)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- sushi-miner-opencl-v2.1.1 (Improved performance)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners update:
- bminer-v15.8.6 (Improved performance of automatic tuning of dual mining parameters)
- nbminer-nebutech-v25.0 (Add CKB mining & CKB+ETH dual mining. Enhance -di parameter to support comma separated list for each card)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
tytanick ...

Is there ANY software in SMOS that will allow mining via the old AMD cards at all?

Specifically 7970/280x as we have found quite a number of them and are building machines out of all of them. The issue is the support/installs have all but disappeared, and I have personally been looking into what could be used in place of a full install/hack ed system to get these cards to run.

If you can provide a distro that supports these cards (as old and nn-supported by AMD as they are), then using these cards in a mining environment will be worth the effort.

I am no newbie here, and have been around for some time (over 8.5years now), so comments about why, when, where, how, and why not kill those cards is not what I am after. We have a considerable GPU processing plant already, and are highly experience, but honestly, with the lack of support from AMD, I am personally stumped now. I guess that is why nVidia has the largest world marketshare to date.

In any case, I will be happy to explore the possibility of reimbursement of sorts for such a mining distro that will allow me to use this small farm of cards to their fullest.

It will be much appreciated.

#crysx

Yes, try using this image especially for R200 series and HD series.
https://download.simplemining.net/images/SimpleMiningOS-R-v1235-4.2.0.img.zip
This image has FGLRX old drivers that are needed for support of those old cards.
This should work. But as i saw i have like 0.1% of rigs that are using so old amd gpus Smiley

On top of that you need o use alghoritm that will use low memory and will be compatible with those old cards.

Let me know if this is working.
If you still have some problems, you can ask on chat.simplemining.net as i will not be available here.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
tytanick ...

Is there ANY software in SMOS that will allow mining via the old AMD cards at all?

Specifically 7970/280x as we have found quite a number of them and are building machines out of all of them. The issue is the support/installs have all but disappeared, and I have personally been looking into what could be used in place of a full install/hack ed system to get these cards to run.

If you can provide a distro that supports these cards (as old and nn-supported by AMD as they are), then using these cards in a mining environment will be worth the effort.

I am no newbie here, and have been around for some time (over 8.5years now), so comments about why, when, where, how, and why not kill those cards is not what I am after. We have a considerable GPU processing plant already, and are highly experience, but honestly, with the lack of support from AMD, I am personally stumped now. I guess that is why nVidia has the largest world marketshare to date.

In any case, I will be happy to explore the possibility of reimbursement of sorts for such a mining distro that will allow me to use this small farm of cards to their fullest.

It will be much appreciated.

#crysx
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
I've reloaded many times with the newest version but still get the same error over time. The usb drive might be toast. Can I load the OS onto an SSD?
Yes you can do that using etcher software ( just in options select "dangerous mode" so you will be able to see ssd drive.
And be sure you are flashing to the right drive as it will erase all data on it !
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I've reloaded many times with the newest version but still get the same error over time. The usb drive might be toast. Can I load the OS onto an SSD?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
For the past 4 months or so my miner keeps disconnecting from SMOS but still mines to my nicehash. Keep getting the EXT4 error. Any idea why this happens?

Thanks

Broken usb drive.
Please download newest image and reflash your drive.
If that will not help then just use new one.
Activity: 15
For the past 4 months or so my miner keeps disconnecting from SMOS but still mines to my nicehash. Keep getting the EXT4 error. Any idea why this happens?

Thanks
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
SimpleMiningImager
New tool from SimpleMining for easy flashing any drive USB/NVME/mSATA/SSD without using laptop or desktop computer and any special drive adapters.
Tool was created due to sugesstions from users having big farms of rigs and having NVME drives who had not easy work with flashing drives in those cases.
Just download SimpleMiningImager (250 MB), write to any 6+ GB USB pendrive, set in config.txt your email address, put on this disk one of the SimpleMiningOS image (zip and xz format supported. Newest SimpleImageOS images in XZ format weight about 600 MB) and boot rig from this once prepared drive.
After boot the Imager tool will automatically detect any of USB/NVME/mSATA/SSD drive and rewrite it with attached SimpleMiningOS image file (all previuos data on this drive will be lost !!!). Reboot rig, remove pendrive with SimpleMiningImager and fresh SimpleMiningOS will be automatically boot and starts mining.
SimpleMiningImager-v1.5 has added (to previous v1.1) XZ image files support and has smaller (50%) size and smaller USB size requirements.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Miners updates:
- gminer-v1.62 (improved performance ZelCash on RTX)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
How does exactly effect powerstage on power consuption and card performance? I use 4 on RX580's, at long time this can be dangerous for the cards?

Thanks for this work using simplemining more than 2 years.
Setting lower dpm stage will use its voltage.
Anyway i advice to use 6 dpm stage and undervolt + use aggresive undervolting feature.
Nope, that is totally not dangerous for card Smiley

Hehe, We are working on this feature as long with historical statistics that are taking all our resources.
We will be gathering 1 minute samples for 1 hour period.
then average calculated 5 or 10 minute samples for 24 hours
then average calculated  1 hour samples for 7 days
then average calculated  1 day samples for some big periods like a 6-24 months
+ probably realtime stats every few seconds.
This is something that we are doing but i guess we will have something to show in about 2 months.

But this summary Panel will show up soner Smiley
Let me share my tech description.
This will show summary stats ONLY for currently FILTERED RIGS.
So if any filter will be used then those summary will show all rigs.
I am not 100% sure if this is how it should be done. If you have other ideas let me know.
Should it show summary only for selected rigs ? I guess it will be more usefull.
Also i think that filters presets could be nice as next feature so that we can set some filters and keyword and save it as some shortcut name) - later...

Anyway here is how i designed summary panel it right now:

First panel
- number of online rigs
- number of offline rigs
- number of PAUSED rigs
- number of rigs with Alerts (missing GPU)
- number of rigs with Alerts (too much restarts)

Second Panel
- number of online GPUs
- number of missing gpus
- average gpu temperature
- maximum gpu temperature
- average gpu fan speed
- maximum gpu fan speed

Third panel
- total mining speed (only adding online rigs) - at first it will work only for claymore and it will show up as K/s or M/s or G/s
- total wattage for online rigs

Here is how it will look like (polish subtitles) - i know my hand writing is bad Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Add Total hashRate box  to dashboard  (https://simplemining.net/account/rigs)  rigs place please.

It will be best for too many rig owners.

https://i.hizliresim.com/NL2lEP.png

Add total power consumption too  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1112
LLP Programming & Electronics

Add Total hashRate box  to dashboard  (https://simplemining.net/account/rigs)  rigs place please.

It will be best for too many rig owners.

https://i.hizliresim.com/NL2lEP.png

Activity: 10
How does exactly effect powerstage on power consuption and card performance? I use 4 on RX580's, at long time this can be dangerous for the cards?

Thanks for this work using simplemining more than 2 years.
Pages:
Jump to: